Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
17.65%
Ashland Blazer
82.35%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ashland 9/10
BADCAT74 Wrote:Uggghh....midnights... Well... if it's any consolation fball, it should be over by then!!!! :lmao:

Nah, I figure the Kittens will be able to hang in there for most of the game.
Ashland by 21
FBALL Wrote:Nah, I figure the Kittens will be able to hang in there for most of the game.

:biggrin:
FBALL Wrote:Nah, I figure the Kittens will be able to hang in there for most of the game.

Who decided to let ashlands girls basketball team play I bet it was the concession workers that way people will still be there in the fourth quarter or maybe Ivan is retiring and coach hart didn't want to beat him to badly I want to know why this decision was made
Tomcats by 21.
i say Russell plays hard and keeps it with in 2tds
Ashland
Ashland
Ashland is just to much...A-38 R-14
I just don't think that Russell has the studs to match up with Ashland. I am not sure how many times Russell started out 1-3 but I do think from what I've seen, Russell will only improve as the season moves on. I think it is a trademark of Coach McGlone to always be playing better at the end of the season than when they started. Anyone that knows this tries to schedule Russell early in the year. Maybe that is why Ashland plays them in week 4????? Confusedhh:
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:I just don't think that Russell has the studs to match up with Ashland. I am not sure how many times Russell started out 1-3 but I do think from what I've seen, Russell will only improve as the season moves on. I think it is a trademark of Coach McGlone to always be playing better at the end of the season than when they started. Anyone that knows this tries to schedule Russell early in the year. Maybe that is why Ashland plays them in week 4????? Confusedhh:

Ashland plays them early because district play is at the end of the season and then Russell ends its season. With raceland while Ashland ends with boyd which has become tradition since Ashland and boyd seperated districts
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Ashland plays them early because district play is at the end of the season and then Russell ends its season. With raceland while Ashland ends with boyd which has become tradition since Ashland and boyd seperated districts

I realize this but I was just trying to get a rise out of somebody. :thatsfunn
I have already posted that I didn't think Russell had the horses to line up evenly with Ashland but I wouldn't be shocked if this game was closer than we all opine.
Esse Quam Videre Wrote:I realize this but I was just trying to get a rise out of somebody. :thatsfunn
Well as long as u realize we'd win no matter when,the game was played
:zzz::zzz:

Where is everybody???:zzz:
BADCAT74 Wrote::zzz::zzz:

Yeah I guess everyone in red devil country has conceded this one
I love this Russell team they are young and play with heart. Last time Russell was at Putnam they seem to run out of steam and gave up very early in the game. I don't see that happening this year, although I see Ashland by 2 TD's.
Do you think Ashland is better than Ironton?
BADCAT74 Wrote::zzz::zzz:

Planning the victory celebration. The menu is chinese. Serving Cat on a stick.
4real Wrote:Do you think Ashland is better than Ironton?
They are faster than Ironton. Ironton is bigger and stronger than Ashland. Two different kinds of teams.
FBALL Wrote:Planning the victory celebration. The menu is chinese. Serving Cat on a stick.

:lmao:
FBALL Wrote:Planning the victory celebration. The menu is chinese. Serving Cat on a stick.

No pigeon??????? :biggrin:
FBALL Wrote:They are faster than Ironton. Ironton is bigger and stronger than Ashland. Two different kinds of teams.

FBALL- How would you compare Greenup and Ironton as far as being bigger and stronger? I think your observation about being two different kinds of teams is right on. :biggrin:
gapman Wrote:FBALL- How would you compare Greenup and Ironton as far as being bigger and stronger? I think your observation about being two different kinds of teams is right on. :biggrin:
Ironton is bigger, stronger and faster than Greenup. On the line and in the backfield.

Warner and Wilkes for Ironton are very good. Russell really did play well to stay with them. Warner is a MAN.

Russell's defense has been pretty good and I think will get better. They held Greenup and Irontons running games in check. We will see how they do against a spread team this week.

For Russell to have any chance this week they have to finish drives with TDs not field goals, and cut back on the costly turnovers. Russell was inside the Greenup 30 yardline on 6 drives resulting in 2 fieldgoals and 4 turnovers. They were inside the Ironton 30 yardline 4 times resulting in 1 TD, 2 fieldgoals and a turnover. You just can't beat good teams like that.

The Russell defense will be tested again but for them to have a chance against Ashland the offense is going to have to play with more consistancy and take advantage of scoring opportunities to help them out.
Thanks, I knew you had seen both teams.