Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 36 Belfry 22
Final.
final
If you look at this weeks results involving Belfry and Pburg it looks like the Pirates just aren't up to par this year.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
CatDawg Wrote:If you look at this weeks results involving Belfry and Pburg it looks like the Pirates just aren't up to par this year.
That's what I was thinking. If P-burg can beat them by two scores, but give up 49 points to Breathitt Co, just how bad is Belfry this year?
Certainly makes you wonder.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
Belfry lost a lot of talent from last years team, and are relying on the younger players this year.
Old School Wrote:Belfry lost a lot of talent from last years team, and are relying on the younger players this year.
That seems to be the case for a lot of your usual contenders. Hopefully Belfry can get it straightened out by playoff time.
CatDawg Wrote:If you look at this weeks results involving Belfry and Pburg it looks like the Pirates just aren't up to par this year.

I think the opposite of this, I feel like Belfry is gaining some momentum and starting to find themselves, especially offesnsively. Ashland is no pushover and think as you want but Belfry will be right in the thick of it come the end of this season. And I know this is sometimes an overused statement but if you want your lick in on this Pirate team then find a way to get it in this year cause Belfry is loaded with young talent, this team will be something special for the next few season and I can't wait.
Certainly the way to look at it.
BCF4L Wrote:That's what I was thinking. If P-burg can beat them by two scores, but give up 49 points to Breathitt Co, just how bad is Belfry this year?

Don't take this as an excuse or a knock on Pburg, but if the two played again you would see a much different Belfry team, as I am sure Pburg would look different. Don't base your opinion on Belfry from a week 0 game. This team is going to be fun to watch develop. I never thought I would be pleased with a loss but tonight Belfry **** in there with a team that no one gave them a chance with. With 3:00 to go in the game Belfry had the ball down 30-22. I am proud of this team tonight and can't wait til next week.
Nice win for the Tomcats
BCF4L Wrote:That's what I was thinking. If P-burg can beat them by two scores, but give up 49 points to Breathitt Co, just how bad is Belfry this year?

I was impressed with Belfry's offense tonight. They lost to a good 5A school at their field. I don't get the comparison to P-burg here. Sure P-burg beat Belfry by 2 scores and then gave up 49 points to Breathitt. You think that means if Belfry plays Breathitt they will lose by 49+ 2 scores? BS. Maybe P-burg had an off night, maybe Belfry had an off night when they played P-burg. I do know that Doroset did eveything he could to keep from playing Belfry later in the season. Do I think P-burg is a better team than Belfry... 2 weeks ago definately... tonight? who knows? Everyone has good nights and bad nights. Nothing is wrong with Belfry this year, they're young, the coaches and players are both adjusting to one another. Come playoff time I do know that everyone in 3A football will dread to see the Pirates in front of them.

P.S. BULLETIN.... HAYWOOD INCORPERATED THE PASS INTO THE OFFENSE LOL!!!
Honestly, I think you guys are being a little sensitive. You should take it as a compliment that we expect more from Belfry due to their great past. I'm sure it will be ok but right now no one can say this Belfry team after three games is very scary.
Big congrats to my tomcats!!!

Belfry will be just fine!! They showed a lot of grit, hanging in there like they did! There was no quit in that team, they just kept coming. Ashland just outgunned them in the en with to many weapons... #2 is a good one made some nice runs.

Good luck the rest of the season pirates!
Congrats to Ashland
How many Seniors did Belfry lose last season?...Congrats Tomcats!
What was with the extracurricular activities in this game? Heard one of the Ashland radio guys got kicked out of the stadium.
HAHA I cant wait to hear this. Was it the PA or a radio broadcast guy?
csabo17 Wrote:HAHA I cant wait to hear this. Was it the PA or a radio broadcast guy?
I believe it was the sideline guy. I heard coach Hart say he got a 15 yard penalty for giving it to the refs but at that point he didnt care.

Common BADCAT. What Happened?
:please: Anyone who believes Haywood will not have the Pirates ready come playoff time Hasent been paying attention the past few years. Belfry will be a tough out come november!
FBALL Wrote:I believe it was the sideline guy. I heard coach Hart say he got a 15 yard penalty for giving it to the refs but at that point he didnt care.

Common BADCAT. What Happened?
Ashlanda radio sideline guy got ejected for argueing with the ref, now he has to sit out the Russell game next week, thank god.
congrats to ashland, belfry is getting better very week just like coach likes...Smile
First off, I want to say that I am VERY proud of this Pirate team. They came tonight with determination in their hearts and had it ripped out of them by grown men! (Have pictures to prove what I am going to post).....

This is the WORST officiated game I have ever witnessed.... The radio announcers even on a couple of "1st downs" commented on how the ball was "spotted".... 5 fumbles and 4 recovered by the pirates only to be given 1... (I have the picture to prove that #16 was NOT out of bounds on his recovery, yet it was given back to Ashland). How many flags did Belfry have? IMHO, until the last minute of the game... I would dare to say the ratio was about 15:3.... There was more pushing, cheap shots (yeah, we saw the one where #23 was punched in the ribs right in front of the "ref" after the play was whistled dead and he turned his head) and pure out smack on the field tonight than I've ever seen. Belfry fought HARD against not 11 players... add ya 4 or 5 more into the mix.... This Belfry team is making huge strides in being where they need to be. A work in progress, you better believe it but I can honestly say that I left Ashland tonight sick at what I witnessed out of the grown men who were PAID to do a job.... Well, I guess they did their job by the smirk I got to see out of one of them when I heard a lady ask him were his pockets lined real well tonight... Regardless of what some may think, 1 call here, another there that adds up to MANY missed calls CAN make a difference in a game..... Given a chance with different referee's who were impartial, the score could have possibly been much closer IF not totally different!

Loss swallowed, these kids are flowing much better together and beginning to click..... Too bad some thought that Ashland would name the score, I guess Belfry is a tad bit better than some would like to believe!

Sorry about the rant but there is more I could have listed BUT will try to maintain my composure!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
3a is looking weak IMO. this is a tuff loss for Belfry.. they havent had a team in a while go through a start to a season like this one.. be interesting how they handle it..
monster_energy Wrote:3a is looking weak IMO. this is a tuff loss for Belfry.. they havent had a team in a while go through a start to a season like this one.. be interesting how they handle it..

they started out like this last year...
phs1986 Wrote:This is the WORST officiated game I have ever witnessed....

Welcome to Putnam Stadium, friend.
Diogenes Wrote:Welcome to Putnam Stadium, friend.

Ya coulda' warned me!!!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Belfry_99 Wrote:I think the opposite of this, I feel like Belfry is gaining some momentum and starting to find themselves, especially offesnsively. Ashland is no pushover and think as you want but Belfry will be right in the thick of it come the end of this season. And I know this is sometimes an overused statement but if you want your lick in on this Pirate team then find a way to get it in this year cause Belfry is loaded with young talent, this team will be something special for the next few season and I can't wait.
No offense because I have a lot of respect for Belfry but I was hearing the same thing last year.
Congrats To ashland. Not used to seeing belfry loose like this thought but you guys should get better as it gets deeper into the season.
phs1986 Wrote:First off, I want to say that I am VERY proud of this Pirate team. They came tonight with determination in their hearts and had it ripped out of them by grown men! (Have pictures to prove what I am going to post).....

This is the WORST officiated game I have ever witnessed.... The radio announcers even on a couple of "1st downs" commented on how the ball was "spotted".... 5 fumbles and 4 recovered by the pirates only to be given 1... (I have the picture to prove that #16 was NOT out of bounds on his recovery, yet it was given back to Ashland). How many flags did Belfry have? IMHO, until the last minute of the game... I would dare to say the ratio was about 15:3.... There was more pushing, cheap shots (yeah, we saw the one where #23 was punched in the ribs right in front of the "ref" after the play was whistled dead and he turned his head) and pure out smack on the field tonight than I've ever seen. Belfry fought HARD against not 11 players... add ya 4 or 5 more into the mix.... This Belfry team is making huge strides in being where they need to be. A work in progress, you better believe it but I can honestly say that I left Ashland tonight sick at what I witnessed out of the grown men who were PAID to do a job.... Well, I guess they did their job by the smirk I got to see out of one of them when I heard a lady ask him were his pockets lined real well tonight... Regardless of what some may think, 1 call here, another there that adds up to MANY missed calls CAN make a difference in a game..... Given a chance with different referee's who were impartial, the score could have possibly been much closer IF not totally different!

Loss swallowed, these kids are flowing much better together and beginning to click..... Too bad some thought that Ashland would name the score, I guess Belfry is a tad bit better than some would like to believe!

Sorry about the rant but there is more I could have listed BUT will try to maintain my composure!!! Smile

Too late. You lost it in line 3.