Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best uniforms in the Mountains
I really like Middlesboro and I also like Hazard. I think if Breathitt would put black in their uniform the would have one of the prettiest and maybe change their helmet and take the B off and put a picture of a bobcat on it. They actually did take there B's off one year 1991 and had something that said bobcats on there helmets but they went 1-9 that year and Holcomb went back to the B's, man he is very superstious but most coaches are, they stick with what works.
Well hazard has some uniforms that havent really changed in years but i wouldnt say there the best but have to give credit for not changing and them still looking nice.
I like Hazard's but then I'm partial to Blue-n-Gold.

[Image: http://inlinethumb17.webshots.com/18064/...500Q85.jpg]
I like Hazards old gold or vegas gold, not sure the correct gold they use jerseys the best.
BTW, nice shot of my buddy Dan-O there Leo.
csabo17 Wrote:I like Hazards old gold or vegas gold, not sure the correct gold they use jerseys the best.
BTW, nice shot of my buddy Dan-O there Leo.

Hazard's official colors are navy and old gold.
Did he go to ALC when you were there?
Yes, but we were also buddies before in high school.Hes good people. You wont find a better person.
I looked at your pics from the scrimmage against Rock. I was hoping you'd take a pic of the refs to make sure they were doing there job that night! :biggrin:
i like bell county blue uniforms
Is this on the field or best dressed concession stand worker? I'm starting to get confused.
I think Sheldon Clark finally got it right. I love thier all white away storm trooper uni's/white helmet/red mask. Shelby Valley has some decent Black/Blue home uni's. Those Middlesboro home/away uniforms are by far the best in the mountains. I kinda like Russells colors/helmet.

Bad-Paintsville the blue/white Bengal helmets are terrible, Knott Co Patriot/Worlverines. The wolverine helmets are BAD. East Ridge's powder blue helmets(although I do like the colors, just not those particular uniforms).

Teams like Belfry and Breathitt have simple, traditional, and for lack of a better description "old school" unis like Permian that are timeless. But I am a fan of alternates, so how cool would it be to see Belfry in a RED Helmet with A modified Skull and Crossbones a little bigger, all red pants, red jerseys with newer edgey numbers, black and red cleats. Just a thought.
Some people wanted me to post the new Bell Co Blue Nike ones..

[Image: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/...6728_n.jpg]
They do look good
Westside Wrote:I like Belfry's helmets and uniforms. I also loved Pikeville's helmets they wore Saturday: plain white with maroon facemasks and chinstraps. It reminded me of the helmets and uniforms from their glory days in the late 80's.

Agree with this. Glad to see my panthers give it the look of the late 80's once again.
1. Belfry- Classic, distinct, and at the same time unique. They aren't trying to copy a college...just keeping it old school. The Belfry "big road game" white shirt and red pants is the best jersey in the mountains.

2. Breathitt County- The white shirt, blue pants, with the white helmet and the "Block B" is just classic and gives you the impression you are taking on a program and not just a team. IMO, Ft. Thomas Highlands has the best jersey in the state..if not for the fact Highlands was the original version of this jersey style in the state then Breathitt may be #1.

3. Prestonsburg- The Home Black jersey is super sharp and very intimidating. The Red on red they break out from time to time is also pretty nice.

4. Somerset- It's like mixing Notre Dame and LSU. Just a very professional looking jersey.

5. Bell County- Love the helmets with "Cats" on them... Bell would be higher, but in recent years they have tried to be too modern with their jerseys.

Honorable Mention:
Hazard
Middlesboro
Harlan County
Johnson Central
Harlan
Corbin
Lynn Camp

Two teams who have had really awesome jersey's but tried to be too modern and have ruined their look:

Pikeville and Lawrence County. I like the new Pikeville jersey, but the ones they have had the past 5 or 6 years have been awful. LC's old black on black jerseys were definitely top 5 worthy..but the Under Armour knocks it towards the bottom of the list.
RUNtheBALL Wrote:I think Sheldon Clark finally got it right. I love thier all white away storm trooper uni's/white helmet/red mask. Shelby Valley has some decent Black/Blue home uni's. Those Middlesboro home/away uniforms are by far the best in the mountains. I kinda like Russells colors/helmet.

Bad-Paintsville the blue/white Bengal helmets are terrible, Knott Co Patriot/Worlverines. The wolverine helmets are BAD. East Ridge's powder blue helmets(although I do like the colors, just not those particular uniforms).

Teams like Belfry and Breathitt have simple, traditional, and for lack of a better description "old school" unis like Permian that are timeless. But I am a fan of alternates, so how cool would it be to see Belfry in a RED Helmet with A modified Skull and Crossbones a little bigger, all red pants, red jerseys with newer edgey numbers, black and red cleats. Just a thought.

Its been three years since we had those but i agree they were awful. I like the current helmets pretty good but they would be better white lol.
I like North Laruels Blue and Green unis and I love Knott co helmets
I like Hazard's colors there pretty sick!
I have seen many teams on all levels pour gatorade on the head coach in his first yr for his 1st win. Plus this team has been going downhill the last few yrs from what middlesboro football teams are use too. being in the top ten in all time wins then going through this stretch has been something middlesboro hasnt been use too.

Now back to the topic! I would like to see middlesboro get black helmets with a yellow M to match the black on black home jersey's or even when they wear black on yellow. save the yellow helmets for the away games with the white jerseys or yellow jerseys when we wear those.

Still like middlesboro uni's the best in the mountain's though. bell has finally started to get new uni's that are right up there and for all who know me that is a tough pill to swollow for me since im so anti bell co lol but ill give credit where its due
csabo17 Wrote:I looked at your pics from the scrimmage against Rock. I was hoping you'd take a pic of the refs to make sure they were doing there job that night! :biggrin:

[Image: http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/34390/...500Q85.jpg]
Here's Prestonsburg's:
devildawh20 Wrote:I have seen many teams on all levels pour gatorade on the head coach in his first yr for his 1st win. Plus this team has been going downhill the last few yrs from what middlesboro football teams are use too. being in the top ten in all time wins then going through this stretch has been something middlesboro hasnt been use too.

Now back to the topic! I would like to see middlesboro get black helmets with a yellow M to match the black on black home jersey's or even when they wear black on yellow. save the yellow helmets for the away games with the white jerseys or yellow jerseys when we wear those.

Still like middlesboro uni's the best in the mountain's though. bell has finally started to get new uni's that are right up there and for all who know me that is a tough pill to swollow for me since im so anti bell co lol but ill give credit where its due

Its all good. I know its real hard for you to say something good about Bell Co. :Clap:

Could you imagine if Bell Co and Middlesboro EVER consolidated. Man what a football team they would produce each year!
i wish the cards would put some of the powder blue in their unis just to make the red stand out. i hated when they put the royal blue in. it isn't even the school colors....my favorite would be johnson central, pike central(hate the florida colors lol) and belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:4. Somerset- It's like mixing Notre Dame and LSU. Just a very professional looking jersey.

I wanted to say it but I am biased. I love what Somerset does with their uniforms, no names front or back, solid gold helmets, nothing flashy but still very sharp. Classic but contemporary. My biggest problem with unis these days: if black isn't in your colour scheme leave it that way.
RoShamBo Wrote:I wanted to say it but I am biased. I love what Somerset does with their uniforms, no names front or back, solid gold helmets, nothing flashy but still very sharp. Classic but contemporary. My biggest problem with unis these days: if black isn't in your colour scheme leave it that way.
I of course agree with you on this. With 3 Jersey and Pant colors available, (Purple, Gold and White) plus Old Gold Throw-back Jerseys they wore last year, the Jumpers have almost as many combinations as Oregon.

My favorite is Purple Jersey over Gold Pants. Gold over White looks good too, but the boys hate the white pants.
Breathitt has good classic uniforms...but their are alot of good jerseys but i would just go with my favorite colors if i picked.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I of course agree with you on this. With 3 Jersey and Pant colors available, (Purple, Gold and White) plus Old Gold Throw-back Jerseys they wore last year, the Jumpers have almost as many combinations as Oregon.

My favorite is Purple Jersey over Gold Pants. Gold over White looks good too, but the boys hate the white pants.
[Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-s...3133_n.jpg]

This is my Favorite version of Somerset's Uni's
Agreed JD, that is definitely the nicest combo they wear. I also like at away games when they wear gold or white on top of the purple pants. I'm just glad we finally decided to do away with those Reebok purple and gold block jerseys from a few years back, they were not great IMO.
I love those Pburg white uni's BlackcatAlum!

Seems like I remember them having white or red pants when back when I played? Do they have either one now?
Anyone have a pic of Perry Centrals pink jerseys they wear once a year in October to support cancer awareness? I love when they break those out. I hope Haddix continues with the tradition.
csabo17 Wrote:Anyone have a pic of Perry Centrals pink jerseys they wear once a year in October to support cancer awareness? I love when they break those out. I hope Haddix continues with the tradition.

that would be awesome