Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 26 Sheldon Clark 25
The Contrarian Wrote:You are correct, for some of the inexperienced, young guys missed critical assignments. A good line is so important to the success of the team.

Best of luck going forward.

yea, and pretty soon it will be four seniors on the line and one junior, more than likely.
so i hope to see them again in the play offs, they are a great team so they will make it far. no doubt in my mind.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Way to go Bloody Breathitt!

I'm sure that OH Napier had a beer... or twenty... to celebrate this one! :Thumbs:

Please do not associate OH Napier with us.He is the county drunk/laughing stock.Please try to refrain from saying his name and Breathitt football in the same sentence.:please:
One TD on a KO return. Two more on long passes to the house. Sounds like BC has rediscovered the "big play" !! It's good for the Bobcats to get that back - it's an important part of their offense.

For SC, there is some solace in losing that way, though. The defense wasn't simply "run over".
Tough loss for SC, I can't understand the offense for SC, everything in the middle or pass. The two times they ran to the outside they gained 30 yards and never went back to it, crazy play calling. All the speed in the backfield, excluding the qb who has no speed and should be a fullback or tight end, and hager runs them in the middle. 0 and 2 should tell the coaching staff something. Congrats to Breathitt and their coaching staff they were better prepared and they encouraged their kids, unlike hagers' degrading . Good luck.
Coal Miner Wrote:Was the interference call "face gaurding"? The rule on that is if the defender has his back to the ball and the WR acts as if he is going to catch the ball, the defender doesn't have to turn around, he can throw his arms up to distract the WR. If he was all over him though, making contact with the WR then it is pass interference.

Congrats Breathitt.
No he hit him before the ballgot there but he never turn around or threw his arms up he just went for WR.
BOBCAT Wrote:Please do not associate OH Napier with us.He is the county drunk/laughing stock.Please try to refrain from saying his name and Breathitt football in the same sentence.:please:

Wow... that's no way to talk about a legend... :dontthink
cardfan1398 Wrote:bc can take the mouth piece call and stick it where the sun dont shine after that game,now maybe they will shut up about it.

haha! dont get to jealous now we dont want that Big Grin
roots rod Wrote:Tough loss for SC, I can't understand the offense for SC, everything in the middle or pass. The two times they ran to the outside they gained 30 yards and never went back to it, crazy play calling. All the speed in the backfield, excluding the qb who has no speed and should be a fullback or tight end, and hager runs them in the middle. 0 and 2 should tell the coaching staff something. Congrats to Breathitt and their coaching staff they were better prepared and they encouraged their kids, unlike hagers' degrading . Good luck.

listen football is not a running game no more imo. look at all the great teams in all of football. heck Alabama won a National Championship last year and the first thing Nick Saben said is if they dont work on there passing game they wont have a chance at repeating.. the reason is its to easy to stack the box these days.. kids are bigger and faster then what they used to be in every sport. speed is where its at. SC will have to run short passes quick 3 step drop passes for many reasons. one is there QB is not that good. his not very mobile and he is scared to take a hit. lord his as big Muscle wise as some as there o line i just dont understand why he is scared to death to take a hit. then there o line is weak. thats been one down fall to SC over the years there o line has never been really good. some years they have been ok but never real good. so now you have to 3 step drop because the qb dont have enough time to get rid of it. and if he thinks he is going to get hit then who knows where the ball will go.. one more problem they have is there WR drop alot of balls. so after saying all this i cant really blame hager for running the ball all the time. there just not a passing team. and one more thing they cant run to the outside alot because there o linemen are too slow.. yeah there big but there slow. they cant get out on the edge and block quick enough.. you said they run outside twice and got 30 yards. they dont have a good enough o line to run outside everytime. those big guys got to move when they run outside and they just cant move that good.. maybe once or twice a game but thats it. i think hager is coaching this team right its just going to take some time to get the gameplan right.. :Thumbs:
Man he we go again from the same people with the blame new year same story.. There still kids people
monster_energy Wrote:listen football is not a running game no more imo. look at all the great teams in all of football. heck Alabama won a National Championship last year and the first thing Nick Saben said is if they dont work on there passing game they wont have a chance at repeating.. the reason is its to easy to stack the box these days.. kids are bigger and faster then what they used to be in every sport. speed is where its at. SC will have to run short passes quick 3 step drop passes for many reasons. one is there QB is not that good. his not very mobile and he is scared to take a hit. lord his as big Muscle wise as some as there o line i just dont understand why he is scared to death to take a hit. then there o line is weak. thats been one down fall to SC over the years there o line has never been really good. some years they have been ok but never real good. so now you have to 3 step drop because the qb dont have enough time to get rid of it. and if he thinks he is going to get hit then who knows where the ball will go.. one more problem they have is there WR drop alot of balls. so after saying all this i cant really blame hager for running the ball all the time. there just not a passing team. and one more thing they cant run to the outside alot because there o linemen are too slow.. yeah there big but there slow. they cant get out on the edge and block quick enough.. you said they run outside twice and got 30 yards. they dont have a good enough o line to run outside everytime. those big guys got to move when they run outside and they just cant move that good.. maybe once or twice a game but thats it. i think hager is coaching this team right its just going to take some time to get the gameplan right.. :Thumbs:

monster energy you kill me... stepp is playing his but off the kid has a good arm he has stood in there and took hits the season i said it the last game that i thought he was doing a phenomenal job standing in there taking hits and also avoiding the rush he made several big time throws at BC and threw for almost 200 yards against MLC and had SIX drops so lay of stepp he has piked his game up you always get on here and run your mouth about SC when it isnt needed lets see you go out there and coach this team or be quarterback on the team and see how they fair than ... im still sticking to my guns that this SC team will be right in the mix come play off time you wait and see! good luck cards prove your haters wrong!
IntheZone Wrote:monster energy you kill me... stepp is playing his but off the kid has a good arm he has **** in there and took hits the season i said it the last game that i thought he was doing a phenomenal job standing in there taking hits and also avoiding the rush he made several big time throws at BC and threw for almost 200 yards against MLC and had SIX drops so lay of stepp he has piked his game up you always get on here and run your mouth about SC when it isnt needed lets see you go out there and coach this team or be quarterback on the team and see how they fair than ... im still sticking to my guns that this SC team will be right in the mix come play off time you wait and see! good luck cards prove your haters wrong!

:Thumbs:
CardinalAlum Wrote:Man he we go again from the same people with the blame new year same story.. There still kids people

Dig a little deeper, for it's not the kids, IMHO! They need to be appreciated, not degraded.
i would have to say this was one of the best games a watched at breathitt...i mean i was worried in the 3rd when Breathitt was down 12...the come back was amazing...good job boys...Trent and J. Flech were amazing to watch.
Landser, Amer. Wrote:Dig a little deeper, for it's not the kids, IMHO! They need to be appreciated, not degraded.

First, I'd like to call them young men, not kids. Sixteen, Seventeen, and Eighteen year old's are not kids. I agree with the statement, "...not degraded," however.

Therefore, constructive criticism in a respectful manner is a must. But when an egregious error is made by a player, or he is really slacking, call him aside, one on one, and give him corrective instruction. (a real chewing-out if necessary)

One more comment, and I am not bashing, just stating the facts. I saw, what I thought, was complete confusion on the sidelines, on kickoffs and kickoff returns. I seemed that the guys didn't know whether they were to be out there on the field or not be out on the field. Moreover, I would think that some personnel adjustments are definitely in order on kickoffs and kickoff returns.

But, get real, these young men are high school football players, not professionals.

I would like to make one point crystal clear, I am NOT bashing Sheldon Clark.
I am only pointing out what, IMO, I see that should be reviewed and corrected so as to improve the team.
Its a public forum, I say anyone is allowed an opinion.
BOBCAT Wrote:Please do not associate OH Napier with us.He is the county drunk/laughing stock.Please try to refrain from saying his name and Breathitt football in the same sentence.:please:

I thought OH was a local legend in Breathitt Co.??? Ive actually heard a lot of good things about OH. **** of a singer anyway.
csabo17 Wrote:Its a public forum, I say anyone is allowed an opinion.

As long as its within our rules.

Everyone on here accepted to follow our rules.
IntheZone Wrote:monster energy you kill me... stepp is playing his but off the kid has a good arm he has stood in there and took hits the season i said it the last game that i thought he was doing a phenomenal job standing in there taking hits and also avoiding the rush he made several big time throws at BC and threw for almost 200 yards against MLC and had SIX drops so lay of stepp he has piked his game up you always get on here and run your mouth about SC when it isnt needed lets see you go out there and coach this team or be quarterback on the team and see how they fair than ... im still sticking to my guns that this SC team will be right in the mix come play off time you wait and see! good luck cards prove your haters wrong!

I think Stepp played a great game. What was he 8 or 14 or 15. Most of those incompletes came in the fourth quarter. I think they put too much on him in the fourth. They thought they had to have the big play and they didn't. What was going to make this team good is the ability to mix it up. But its not much of a mix up when you throw 3 incompletes in row. No the qb's fault. A couple went through some hands. However I think the team played well. I think Hager will adjust some of his plays when he reveiws the tape. I have now idea what was going on with the onside kick. But they will improve.
monster_energy Wrote:listen football is not a running game no more imo. look at all the great teams in all of football. heck Alabama won a National Championship last year and the first thing Nick Saben said is if they dont work on there passing game they wont have a chance at repeating.. the reason is its to easy to stack the box these days.. kids are bigger and faster then what they used to be in every sport. speed is where its at. SC will have to run short passes quick 3 step drop passes for many reasons. one is there QB is not that good. his not very mobile and he is scared to take a hit. lord his as big Muscle wise as some as there o line i just dont understand why he is scared to death to take a hit. then there o line is weak. thats been one down fall to SC over the years there o line has never been really good. some years they have been ok but never real good. so now you have to 3 step drop because the qb dont have enough time to get rid of it. and if he thinks he is going to get hit then who knows where the ball will go.. one more problem they have is there WR drop alot of balls. so after saying all this i cant really blame hager for running the ball all the time. there just not a passing team. and one more thing they cant run to the outside alot because there o linemen are too slow.. yeah there big but there slow. they cant get out on the edge and block quick enough.. you said they run outside twice and got 30 yards. they dont have a good enough o line to run outside everytime. those big guys got to move when they run outside and they just cant move that good.. maybe once or twice a game but thats it. i think hager is coaching this team right its just going to take some time to get the gameplan right.. :Thumbs:
Was you even at the game to watch them play Stepp played good. He has played good all season its just been apparent that since last season you haven't like him or his family so just back off of it. because its getting old now. The Line for Sc is big this year as it was last year and we are 2 games into the season the cards will be just fine as the season marches along. Every time you get on here you say something negative and Ive sat back and not said anything for the longest time. For an SC fan you sure don't act it.
The Contrarian Wrote:First, I'd like to call them young men, not kids. Sixteen, Seventeen, and Eighteen year old's are not kids. I agree with the statement, "...not degraded," however.

Therefore, constructive criticism in a respectful manner is a must. But when an egregious error is made by a player, or he is really slacking, call him aside, one on one, and give him corrective instruction. (a real chewing-out if necessary)

One more comment, and I am not bashing, just stating the facts. I saw, what I thought, was complete confusion on the sidelines, on kickoffs and kickoff returns. I seemed that the guys didn't know whether they were to be out there on the field or not be out on the field. Moreover, I would think that some personnel adjustments are definitely in order on kickoffs and kickoff returns.

But, get real, these young men are high school football players, not professionals.

I would like to make one point crystal clear, I am NOT bashing Sheldon Clark.
I am only pointing out what, IMO, I see that should be reviewed and corrected so as to improve the team.

Some good points! I am definitely a SC fan and want to see them do well, for there is a good group of young men on the team who want to win.

Work hard this week, keep your head up and move forward. Hopefully some adjustments/corrections will be made and SC will get on the winning path.