Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best uniforms in the Mountains
What uniforms do you guys think are the best in the mountains? It can be the overall uniform, or just the jersey or helmets. Old school or new school. Name the teams. You can also name the worst uniforms in your opinion...just don't deliberately try to cut down a team with insults, no need for that here.

Personally, I love Belfry's. I'm kind of a new school guy, so I like the newer ones like Lawrence County's Under Armor uniforms also. But Belfry is kind of like Penn State or Michigan, they have such a great tradition, and their uni's haven't changed in years. I also think Middlesboro's, P-burg's, and SV's are pretty cool.
I love Lawrence County's new ones. I think they are the best looking ones they have ever had. Black on black Underarmour and white away ones. Wish we had the money for white pants too.
Lc fugly
Personally, I just like the way Belfry does it with the old school jerseys.
[Image: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/...shower.jpg]

I like Middlesboro's Home black jerseys.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Personally, I just like the way Belfry does it with the old school jerseys.

I agree. Them and SC, just keep it simple.
highschoolfan Wrote:Lc fugly
Glad most of the people I've met from Knox Central don't act like you.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:[Image: http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/...shower.jpg]

I like Middlesboro's Home black jerseys.

Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about.
I like Belfry's helmets and uniforms. I also loved Pikeville's helmets they wore Saturday: plain white with maroon facemasks and chinstraps. It reminded me of the helmets and uniforms from their glory days in the late 80's.
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about.

What was the reasoning behind the water shower at the end? Middlesboro and Letcher isn't a rivalry or anything is it? Do they just dump water on every win?
I gotta say I love Paintsville's new away Jerseys and pants. (altho white on white is bad luck for the tigers). My favorite though has to be Belfry I am a huge sucker for white helmets and that pirate logo they have is pretty sweet.
csabo17 Wrote:What was the reasoning behind the water shower at the end? Middlesboro and Letcher isn't a rivalry or anything is it? Do they just dump water on every win?

Do you even know anything about high school football? If you did you would know a very small 2A school that went 4-7 last year and has a brand new coaching staff this year just beat the #8 team in State in 5A Letcher Co Central on Friday night.

Most predictions were a 30+ blowout victory for LCC.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you even know anything about high school football? If you did you would know a very small 2A school that went 4-7 last year and has a brand new coaching staff this year just beat the #8 team in State in 5A Letcher Co Central on Friday night.

I have to agree with this reasoning:Thumbs:.
I'm kind of with csabo. JMO but Middlesboro is one of the all time winningest teams in the state. If they want to maintain that status I'd save the gatorade showers. In my experience, gatorade showers in August don't usually lead to gatorade showers in November in December. Back to the topic, those unis are very nice. I have always been a fan of Middlesboro's colour scheme and uniforms even back to my playing days (not as long ago as I made that sound, but still).
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm kind of with csabo. JMO but Middlesborough is one of the all time winningest teams in the state. If they want to maintain that status I'd save the gatorade showers. In my experience, gatorade showers in August don't usually lead to gatorade showers in November in December. Back to the topic, those unis are very nice. I have always been a fan of Middlesborough's colour scheme and uniforms even back to my playing days (not as long ago as I made that sound, but still).

Im cool with that. Boro had 1 bad year last year that should had never happened. Middlesboro has always had the talent but the coaching just hadnt been there the last few years.

I predict Middlesboro around the 7-3 mark for Regular season with a District Title this year. The game against Corbin will be at Middlesboro too. The D is GREAT the O just needs some game time experience that showed against LCC. Scoreless the first half and scored two TD's in the second half.

Middlesboro has 1 of the best QB's in the Mountains, but Middlesboro is without two starting receivers and that also showed Friday night. Sophmore Zack Riddle for the boro really stepped it up Fri. He is a large target at 6'3.
I certainly do wish Middlesboro would return to the level that they were in the late 90's. Those were some fun teams to watch.
Betsy Layne has some sweet under armour uniforms this year. I'm like everyone else though, Belfry's uniforms say "we don't need fancy uniforms to look good."
[Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...0757_n.jpg]

Can't beat it.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Do you even know anything about high school football? If you did you would know a very small 2A school that went 4-7 last year and has a brand new coaching staff this year just beat the #8 team in State in 5A Letcher Co Central on Friday night.

I still dont get it. They won the first game of the season with a new coaching staff. Why not wait until the last game of the season to give the Gatorade shower? That game matters. This wasn't even a district game and has no meaning on the season other than starting with a win.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm kind of with csabo. JMO but Middlesboro is one of the all time winningest teams in the state. If they want to maintain that status I'd save the gatorade showers. In my experience, gatorade showers in August don't usually lead to gatorade showers in November in December. Back to the topic, those unis are very nice. I have always been a fan of Middlesboro's colour scheme and uniforms even back to my playing days (not as long ago as I made that sound, but still).

Just to needle you a bit, but are you Canadian?
bulldog42 Wrote:Glad most of the people I've met from Knox Central don't act like you.
LC is fine program with cool digs to show for it. Would love for Knox to get UnderArmor tops. They are not only stylish- they are light breathable.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im cool with that. Boro had 1 bad year last year that should had never happened. Middlesboro has always had the talent but the coaching just hadnt been there the last few years.

I predict Middlesboro around the 7-3 mark for Regular season with a District Title this year. The game against Corbin will be at Middlesboro too. The D is GREAT the O just needs some game time experience that showed against LCC. Scoreless the first half and scored two TD's in the second half.

Middlesboro has 1 of the best QB's in the Mountains, but Middlesboro is without two starting receivers and that also showed Friday night. Sophmore Zack Riddle for the boro really stepped it up Fri. He is a large target at 6'3.
I agree that this win merited some celebration. There is a special pride when you play for small school and you beat a larger one in anything. Mboro had just taken a routing from one of the top schools in the country. Most of us (me for sure) thought another one was eminent against LCC. Letcher is a huge team riding on high expectations. Beating them was worthy of dumping some juice.
Any team that wears Black on Black with crisp clear numbering and no names on the back of the jersey. The only name that matters is the name of the team.
M'boro's coach Frazier is a Whitesburg boy (Letcher Co.).
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned about the mboro celebration is the fact of just how bad the program has been for several years now. Keep in mind that I'm not just talking wins/losses. If half knew what all has happened there and how bad it was when Frazier came there they would certainly understand dumping the water cooler. Those boys needed a win like this in the worst way. They've had to endure some really bad times. Their morale was zero, not to mention the school itself and the community. It was a great win for all involved in that program for so many different reasons.
All of us Bell County fans taking up for Mboro it makes me sick lol. Back on track when we played lawrence county in 01 while watching film I swear they wore like 7 different uniforms that season. How can a school afford that?
To answer the question. The best uniform is the 1 wore by the winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing against this thread in particular, I just find it hilarious that people always have the desire to rank EVERYTHING in the Mountains. Have you guys done a thread over best Restrooms in the Mountains yet? ^_^

And for what its worth, Bell County has a nice blue color. But being on the other end of the state, I obviously don't know a whole lot.
Football1 Wrote:Any team that wears Black on Black with crisp clear numbering and no names on the back of the jersey. The only name that matters is the name of the team.

Amen:Thumbs:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
csabo17 Wrote:Just to needle you a bit, but are you Canadian?

Haha, no just a bit of a reader and just kind of took it as habit, it works.