Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co. 26 Sheldon Clark 25
Congrats breathitt
Great game by both teams.I think people underestimate us this year.Breathitt has a lot of good athletes,they are just young.SC played their butts off.I saw them at a restaurant after the game.I wanted to say something positive to the players,but they were so upset I didn't want to make it worse.They have nothing to be ashamed of.
Sounds like a good football game. Congrats Bobcats!

How did the Collins kid look at RB for BC? I also heard SC had a very fast FB?
Sheldon Clark 6 7 6 6 25
Breathitt Co. 6 7 0 13 26
Scoring summary:
SC--Kristian Skyles 6 run (kick failed); BC--94 kickoff return Will Collins (run failed); SC--Avery Ray 7 run (Kelly Hayes kick); BC--Josh Fletcher 62 pass from Richard Trent (Eric McKenzie kick); SC--Skyles 3 run (pass failed); SC--Skyles 46 run (pass failed); BC--Trent 10 pass from Ryan Cox (kick failed); BC--Fletcher 70 pass from Trent (McKenzie kick). Records--Breathitt Co. 2-0, Sheldon Clark 0-2

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0xu55tRY9
just want to say great job 2the bobcats . an what game to see. an say to sc great game .both teams played hard
thats right bobcats!!!!
we are the best Smile
im 100% behind you all
lets keep these winnings and not lose
good job to everyone.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:yes it was legit he was all over him and he never turn back to look for the ball.

Was the interference call "face gaurding"? The rule on that is if the defender has his back to the ball and the WR acts as if he is going to catch the ball, the defender doesn't have to turn around, he can throw his arms up to distract the WR. If he was all over him though, making contact with the WR then it is pass interference.

Congrats Breathitt.
For the 2nd week in a row I was wrong about Sheldon Clark. After all the hype I figured they would be 2-0. The season is still early.
The defender can not throw his hands up to distract the receiver, no matter where his back is.
CatManDo Wrote:Sounds like a good football game. Congrats Bobcats!

How did the Collins kid look at RB for BC? I also heard SC had a very fast FB?

Yes, SC does have speed but if the holes are not there or they can't get to the outside that speed is nullified.

As far a the fast back you heard about, I think that would be KP Skyles; he has a 40 time of 4.42.
I was dead wrong about this one, but SC will be fine this year. Its good to see BC getting back to where they should be.
Good win Bobcats.
I don't understand why SC seems to appear to panic if they drop a pass on 1st and 10. They seemed to think they had to throw out of that situation. I seen this last year against Pburg as well. If they don't get settled in they won't be able to stay on the feild with Pburg or Belfry this year. Anyone know how many yards they got off the wing t.
Blackwater Wrote:The defender can not throw his hands up to distract the receiver, no matter where his back is.

Yes he can. If the WR has the man beat and acts as if he is attempting to catch the ball, the defender can throw an arm up in defense, even with his back to the ball.
Coal Miner Wrote:Yes he can. If the WR has the man beat and acts as if he is attempting to catch the ball, the defender can throw an arm up in defense, even with his back to the ball.

Don't know if this is helpful or not:

This rule is another example of differences between high school, college, and professional football. Like last week's topic, pass interference has a different set of rules that is commonly misunderstood.

Former official Jim Pacheco is helping WRAL answer officiating questions this season while he is taking a leave from officiating in the NCHSAA. If you have a question for Jim that you would like answered on "The Rules," send it to [email]stevens@ncsportsreport.com[/email], and we may use it as one of our topics.

Here is what Jim had to say about pass interference:

Pass interference rules vary between NFL, NCAA, and NFHS rules in regards to enforcement and definition. For example, for NCAA, the pass has to be "catchable" and there is has to be contact, whereas in high school, it does not have to be catchable and face guarding is a foul. I often hear coaches in high school games complaining that the pass was not catchable. That is an NCAA rule, not high school. To simplify the definition, we will only discuss the High School rule.

1. Interfering with the receiver's ( or defender's) attempt to catch a forward pass that is beyond the line of scrimmage, or face guarding ( putting hands in the face of the receiver ,or defender) in order to prevent seeing the pass, is a foul.

Both offense and defense have a right to the ball. Pass Interference restrictions end when the pass is touched by a defensive player or a eligible offensive receiver.

http://www.wral.com/sports/sports_legacy/story/1825961/

If someone has a specific listing of the rule that would be helpful to the discussion. :Thumbs:

Also found this discussion:

Most officials will tell you that defensive pass interference is one of the toughest calls to make. It is also one of the most controversial, because it almost inevitably turns an unsuccessful offensive play into a successful one (15 yds. + automatic 1st down is a pretty good play). And it's not just controversial at the high school level. So the officials' organizations and educators studied it intensively at the upper levels and came up with guidelines. They have "trickled down" to the high school level. Now, if an official calls DPI, he better be able to fit what happened into one of the following 7 categories. If he can't, he shouldn't have thrown the flag.

The 7 categories of DPI are:

1. Arm Bar - an arm across the body restricting the opponent from moving where he wants to go. An arm across the body is not enough - there must be a restriction of movement.
2. Hold - actually grasping an opponent, particularly the arm, restricting him from being able to reach a pass. Classically, grabbing an arm, keeping the opponent from raising it to catch the pass.
3. Not playing the ball - the player is not making a bona fide effort to reach the pass (usually not looking back for the ball), and contacts the opponent (usually body to body) restricting him from moving where he wants to go, or knocking him off his path to the ball.
4. Playing through the back - even if making an effort to touch the pass, contacting an opponent through the back, restricting his ability to touch the pass.
5. Hook and twist - hooking the arm around the waist or shoulders, AND twisting the opponent, restricting him from his effort to touch the pass. An arm around the body is not enough - there must be a twist or turn.
6. Cutoff - even if looking back for the ball, a player can not position himself to restrict or prevent an opponent from moving toward a pass.
7. Face Guarding - Contact is not required at the high school level. Not playing the ball while blocking the vision of the receiver.

http://gridirondigest.net/index.php?/top...erference/
beasy_bo Wrote:still trying to see if the 4th and 20 pass interference was legit

Yeah it was.
Congrats to the Bobcats
IntheZone Wrote:monster energy you just need to stay out of anything dealing with schs athletics you always have something negative to say just keep your trap shut if thats how its going to be... you dont know anything about football regular season games dont mean nothing were here to win championships and thats what were trying to do... sc is fine you wait and see who is around at the end of the year i will bet the farm that sc is rite in the hunt they play a tough schedule and may take another loss or two but if that is the case we will indeed be ready.... this team lost a tremendous amount of talent last year and they have to just figure out ways to win games .. it will come tho a lot of good things came out of this game tonight i thought or boys played their tails off and just came u short keep working hard boys and things will be fine!

First of all i said these two games mean nothing. second of all i will say whatever i want about whatever team i want.. and the final thing i am going to say is the bobcats are not that good of a team.. i mean i give them credit for winning but as good as what sc was to put off to be at then start of the season there not living up to it.. so inthezone if you dont like what i write then when you see monsterr_energy please just skip over that post.. thank you have a nice day..
Keep on the game guys.....
monster_energy Wrote:good news for SC is that these games dont really hurt them.. but the bad news is there just not as good as what people expected them to be.. i know this has to be the worst start to a SC football team since 2004 when they only won 2 games.. sad thing is this team has alot of senoirs that were expected to take this team over the hump.. well looks like its not even going to come close to happening this year.
The way the current system is set up, the regular season is really irrelevant, in district or not. A team can go 0-10 and still win the state title.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The way the current system is set up, the regular season is really irrelevant, in district or not. A team can go 0-10 and still win the state title.

thats very true.. so if they dont give up on each other they still have a shot.
monster_energy Wrote:First of all i said these two games mean nothing. second of all i will say whatever i want about whatever team i want.. and the final thing i am going to say is the bobcats are not that good of a team.. i mean i give them credit for winning but as good as what sc was to put off to be at then start of the season there not living up to it.. so inthezone if you dont like what i write then when you see monsterr_energy please just skip over that post.. thank you have a nice day..

monster_energy Wrote:thats very true.. so if they dont give up on each other they still have a shot.

monster_energy, I like the fact that you post what you think. I don't always agree with, for if I did I would not be an individual thinker. But I do, however, respect your opinion. I would say that you call them as you see them.

In regard to the SC Breathitt game SC blew their chances by making costly mistakes at crucial times in the game.
I believe that young guys with little experience was their major problem.

Going forward, if they correct their mistakes, make some adjustments in the line, believe in themselves, and work hard to improve, who knows how far they can go this season. Think Phudaca-Tilghman 2009!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:There is plenty of football left to be played.

Way to early to be saying something like that.

thanx for saying that, and it will be a diffrent game when the all the line gets to play.
osufan Wrote:thanx for saying that, and it will be a diffrent game when the all the line gets to play.

You are correct, for some of the inexperienced, young guys missed critical assignments. A good line is so important to the success of the team.

Best of luck going forward.
bc can take the mouth piece call and stick it where the sun dont shine after that game,now maybe they will shut up about it.
cardfan1398 Wrote:bc can take the mouth piece call and stick it where the sun dont shine after that game,now maybe they will shut up about it.

So what are you trying to say.You had us and you blew it.End of story.The mouthpiece call was not legit.Only made the call after we scored.We will meet again.BTW;that #20 is a good player.
Great game last night. I made it at the start of the second half and from what I could tell there was some hitting in the first half. My hats off to Sheldon Clark for playing one heck of a game. I hope that the AD's of both schools sign another contract to play in years to come. As for Breathitt, I noticed that they threw the ball more and better than last year. The line looked much improved from the game vs. campbellsville. Who knows these team may meet again in the playoffs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:Great game last night. I made it at the start of the second half and from what I could tell there was some hitting in the first half. My hats off to Sheldon Clark for playing one heck of a game. I hope that the AD's of both schools sign another contract to play in years to come. As for Breathitt, I noticed that they threw the ball more and better than last year. The line looked much improved from the game vs. campbellsville. Who knows these team may meet again in the playoffs.

That's always a possibility. I would like to see a replay, for I think it would be interesting.
Hopefully we will.Breathitt will be there.90% of our team are just getting their first taste of Varsity football.We will get a lot better,trust me,I'm at practice every day.still,good game SC.
Way to go Bloody Breathitt!

I'm sure that OH Napier had a beer... or twenty... to celebrate this one! :Thumbs: