Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bishop Brossart 34 Betsy Layne 19
Anyone have a final from this one?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Anyone have a final from this one?

I know BL lost, I talked to two buddies who went to the game. They didnt remember the score tho.
33 19
I believe
i thought so many said Bb was down this year, wow my pickem for week one is out the door ,dont think i could ever catch up,lol
Injuries destroyed the bobcats chances. Adkins playing with a bad back, k. jarrell went out with cramps and missed I think 2 quarters. When linebackers and backs go out so does their chances. Some bright spots though, nathan martin looked real good, dylan hamilton got a nice catch.
final was 34-19
Brossart was the better conditioned team in this game and won it in the 4th quarter
Brossart senior running back Andrew Guidugli had 106 yards rushing and three touchdowns. Junior quarterback Jesse Orth threw for 128 yards and a touchdown.Brossart led 12-7 at halftime and outscored Betsy Lane 22-6 in the fourth quarter to start the season off with a win.
Brossart 0 12 0 22 --34
Betsy Lane 0 7 6 6 --19
Brossart seems to have a handle on this football thing. Someone there is paying attention. Way to go, Mustangs.
sheriff Wrote:Injuries destroyed the bobcats chances. Adkins playing with a bad back, k. jarrell went out with cramps and missed I think 2 quarters. When linebackers and backs go out so does their chances. Some bright spots though, nathan martin looked real good, dylan hamilton got a nice catch.

I thought that Dylan Hamilton went to Pikeville to play?
nky Wrote:Brossart senior running back Andrew Guidugli had 106 yards rushing and three touchdowns. Junior quarterback Jesse Orth threw for 128 yards and a touchdown.Brossart led 12-7 at halftime and outscored Betsy Lane 22-6 in the fourth quarter to start the season off with a win.
Brossart 0 12 0 22 --34
Betsy Lane 0 7 6 6 --19

Great game by Andrew. Looks like he is going to step right in and give the Stangs another nice running attack this season
Congrats to Brossart.
What happened to the Bobcats?
Obviously Betsy Layne isn't as good as some thought they might be.
Westside Wrote:What happened to the Bobcats?

I remember posters asking this exact same question after the Brossart game last year
The bobcats had some injuries throughout the game and had 6 turnovers. Five fumbles. thats right five fumbles. BUT brossart isnt that bad of a team. They will win again. Bobcats you got burch this friday, work hard in practice and lets get into the win column.
sheriff Wrote:The bobcats had some injuries throughout the game and had 6 turnovers. Five fumbles. thats right five fumbles. BUT brossart isnt that bad of a team. They will win again. Bobcats you got burch this friday, work hard in practice and lets get into the win column.

Fumbles are apart of the game, Burch had 2 or 3 themselves. Adkins from BL had 2, and I believe another player had 1. I don't think they had 5, they may have though. Either way, it's the players job to hold onto the ball.

Bad Calls are one thing, but Fumbles/Turnovers is something the players control.

Brossart lost 8 seniors, all of which were starters, 4 at the skill positions (2 RB's/2WR's) and 4 on the O/D Line.

Brossart also had players go down, they also had a player on the defense line on a series late in the game, who could not raise up and had to walk on his hands, glad to see BB give that young man a chance.

Congrats to Brossart.
It was an ugly win for Brossart but a win is a win. They a few fumbles as well and some players missed a large part of the game due to injuries. That's part of the game. Biggest difference I saw between the two teams was that Brossart was in shape for the heat at this time of the year while Betsy Lane was not in very good condition and had heat issues
I think A.Hall had a great touchdown for the bobcats although he had leg cramps he still played a good game good luck next game bobcats.
Sloppy game for both teams. Bishop Brossard had a few turnovers themselves, but not as many as Betsy Layne. Conditioning was definately a factor as the Bobcats had a couple players cramping up. In the end, Brossart began to dominate the line and was able to move the ball effectively. Brossart is going to have a very fine year.
Stardust Wrote:I remember posters asking this exact same question after the Brossart game last year

Now that you mention it, I do as well.
Just wondering out loud:eyeroll:
After talking to members of the Brossart staff just a bit curious. If this was a bowl game why wasn't there a trophy for the winning team? The Mustangs got one last year but not this year. Just curious.
nky Wrote:Just wondering out loud:eyeroll:
After talking to members of the Brossart staff just a bit curious. If this was a bowl game why wasn't there a trophy for the winning team? The Mustangs got one last year but not this year. Just curious.

Budget cuts :eyeroll: