Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be next Coach at Cordia?
Who will be the coach now that the job is open?
Norm Stewert Wrote:Who will be the coach now that the job is open?

What happened to Honeycutt?
I just spoke to Jeff yesterday. Jeff left Cordia to teach Health/PE at Knott Central. He had applied for the principal's job at Cordia and was undermined by a couple of people that he trusted, which is a shame because the majority of the people at Cordia wanted him as principal. Even though he loves Cordia and the people there, he just felt like he could not work as closely with some of the people there as he has in the past due to their actions.
Adam Brewer prolly. LOL
They might as well go ahead and get rid of the team.
king360 Wrote:They might as well go ahead and get rid of the team.

Honeycutt did so much for that program....
I hope he gets back into coaching soon
You'd think Honeycutt would of stayed since the best Freshman in Kentucky (Cody Collins) is up there. Whoever gets this job will be getting a real jewel in Cody.
warmachine Wrote:You'd think Honeycutt would of stayed since the best Freshman in Kentucky (Cody Collins) is up there. Whoever gets this job will be getting a real jewel in Cody.

WOW!! Why do people like you destroy these threads by making stupid a$$ comment. Cody sucks, he couldn't even play for riverside. Besides there best freshman is Derek Combs.
This thread is already destroyed. Honeycutt is a great guy. I hate to see him not get what he deserved. He deserved to be the principal up there. Cody Collins is the next coming of John Wall. And yeah, I know he sucks. Hahahahaha
warmachine Wrote:This thread is already destroyed. Honeycutt is a great guy. I hate to see him not get what he deserved. He deserved to be the principal up there. Cody Collins is the next coming of John Wall. And yeah, I know he sucks. Hahahahaha

:Thumbs::Thumbs:
king360 Wrote:They might as well go ahead and get rid of the team.

If you were referring to my post, then yes they do. :Thumbs:
Who ever gets the job, they'll have a young nucleus to work with. Junior Marcus Sumner could be there best player but I believe he needs to get dedicated. Then they have a sophmore guard Ryan Thacker who can play. Other than them two, the most experienced player they'll have is Jon Stacy, who I believe will be a senior.
Hard to replace a good coach like Honeycutt. I wish Cordia the best of luck though. Are there any names out there?
Good Luck HoneyCutt. Bad as I hate to say it, Cordia will never see better than Jeff.
Shame, shame. Any team would be lucky to have him as there coach.
Justin Amburgey
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Justin Amburgey

I wouldn't doubt it at all.. Wasn't he coaching the girls at KCC tho?
Ballers Wrote:I wouldn't doubt it at all.. Wasn't he coaching the girls at KCC tho?

Nope, That's Chris Amburgey
MVP2 Wrote:Nope, That's Chris Amburgey

You sure about that? I'm pretty sure Justin coached the girls or boys.. One of the two.
I heard from a reliable source that Denny Fugate was at Cordia interviewing for the job yesterday. From what I heard, he is the favorite for the job.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I heard from a reliable source that Denny Fugate was at Cordia interviewing for the job yesterday. From what I heard, he is the favorite for the job.

That would be good for the Lions, Fugate has been in the game along time. That would be a great choice IMO.
Ballers Wrote:You sure about that? I'm pretty sure Justin coached the girls or boys.. One of the two.

Yup, Justin coached the boys up untill the past season before Farley was hired at KCC. Justin most recently was an assiant at Pike Central. I wouldnt be suprised at all if Cordia hired Amburgey or stayed in the school and hired Joel Melton who coached the girls a few years back.
MVP2 Wrote:Yup, Justin coached the boys up untill the past season before Farley was hired at KCC. Justin most recently was an assiant at Pike Central. I wouldnt be suprised at all if Cordia hired Amburgey or stayed in the school and hired Joel Melton who coached the girls a few years back.

So he did coach at KCC? That was my point MVP.

Anywho, yes Amburgey, Joe Melton, or possibly even their baseball coach Steve Melton if he is still there.
I'd take Jeff over Amburgey ANY DAY!!
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd take Jeff over Amburgey ANY DAY!!

No doubt. But I don't think anyone is saying Amburgey is a superior coach over Honeycutt or anything.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd take Jeff over Amburgey ANY DAY!!

LOL, As most would. I'd take Jeff over just about any coach in the 14th,coaching at Cordia and Knott Central he hasnt always had a lot of talent like the PCC,HHS, and LCC. Honeycutt is a great teacher, coach, and even better person.I'm sure if he wants he'll make it back into coaching soon.
A small school like cordia would be blessed to have justin amburgey coming back to coach at that school. I know many schools out there right now are contacting him for a head coaching positson cordia being one of them.A rumor Ive heard is currently coach at pikeville college and former player matt hurt will be in the running for the coach. Ive heard hes already turned down a asst. coaching job for a college in south carolina, look for one of these former lions to be named the head man of CHS.
Denny Fugate will be the next coach. It will b annouced tomorrow.
I hope he has chilled out. When he coached at M.C. Napier he was a heckuva coach but he was a wildman.
Steve Melton does not want it, Matt Hurt is going to be an assistant at Costal Carolina and he is going so no there, Joel Melton might would take it but he would probably want Jerry Stacy to have it first. IMO if some miracle was to happen and Denny couldn't be the coach then I think the job would be coach Stacy, but yes from what I have heard Denny Fugate is the leading canidate right now.