Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
Jack Lambert Wrote:According to K.H.S.A.A. stats Boyle allowed JC 95 rushing yds.7 yds.passing in last years game.if memory serves me right about 80 of those yds came against Boyles 2nd,and 3rd string defense.late in the game.I think Boyles defense will be even better this year.so i dont think JC will score over 7 pts.in the game i guess the queston is how Boyles offense will perform with all the new faces.

Devan Hale is going to be a great quarterback. I just feel like he is going to have some success against the Johnson Central defense. I could be wrong.

9 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes away!
Looks like coach Hester got control of his Maniac.Now we can talk about football.I think without a doubt this will be the feature game in the state.And it should be a great defensive battle.A big test for both teams early.
JC defense gave up 28 pts per game last year, you guys must have really improved over the off season if you expect a defensive battle.
Don Carlo Wrote:You mention "our" followers what do you mean? What is the general concensus about the game among the Boyle County faithful? Of couse I'm excluding the crazy ones that we all have.

The general consensus is that we should win this one 31-7. Most folks will come on here and play all nicey nice but the truth is that our boys are going to come out focused and when that happens there will be less than 4 teams in this state that can play with us. Our offense may start a little slow but our defense will give our offense plenty of opportunities to put points on the board. This group of seniors has won at every level that they have played at and these group of seniors were born to play football as Boyle County Rebels. Most folks won't say it but I'll put it out there.........the general consensus is that we play Lone Oak in Bowling Green. At least that should be the general consensus. In my opinion Bell County and Lone Oak will be the only 2 teams capable of beating us. I know these are bold statements but let's go ahead and put it out there. I have the utmost faith in these boys to back up my words.

Good luck and have an injury free game to Johnson Central. I look forward to the trip next Friday.
PurplePride92 Wrote:The general consensus is that we should win this one 31-7. Most folks will come on here and play all nicey nice but the truth is that our boys are going to come out focused and when that happens there will be less than 4 teams in this state that can play with us. Our offense may start a little slow but our defense will give our offense plenty of opportunities to put points on the board. This group of seniors has won at every level that they have played at and these group of seniors were born to play football as Boyle County Rebels. Most folks won't say it but I'll put it out there.........the general consensus is that we play Lone Oak in Bowling Green. At least that should be the general consensus. In my opinion Bell County and Lone Oak will be the only 2 teams capable of beating us. I know these are bold statements but let's go ahead and put it out there. I have the utmost faith in these boys to back up my words.

Good luck and have an injury free game to Johnson Central. I look forward to the trip next Friday.
Im with you all the way.. GO REBELS DEFEND THE PRIDE!!!!!!!:wenumber1
I agree with the posters who had opined that this is one of the best games in week one in all of KY
I think this will be a slober knocker of a game. They will be a lot hard hits and a lot of snot bubbles for both teams. I wouldn't be that suprise if JCC wins this game but I"m still going to have to go with Boyle and their defense, I know that they have a question mark on the rebels offense but ithink they mix up enough to get the win, but they better hope they don't play a good team the next week because i think they will badly beaten bruise up.( vice versa for JCC)
PurplePride92 Wrote:The general consensus is that we should win this one 31-7. Most folks will come on here and play all nicey nice but the truth is that our boys are going to come out focused and when that happens there will be less than 4 teams in this state that can play with us. Our offense may start a little slow but our defense will give our offense plenty of opportunities to put points on the board. This group of seniors has won at every level that they have played at and these group of seniors were born to play football as Boyle County Rebels. Most folks won't say it but I'll put it out there.........the general consensus is that we play Lone Oak in Bowling Green. At least that should be the general consensus. In my opinion Bell County and Lone Oak will be the only 2 teams capable of beating us. I know these are bold statements but let's go ahead and put it out there. I have the utmost faith in these boys to back up my words.

Purple, I also believe we will have a better D this year than last. I honestly think it will be Great!!!! I just think that HM10 was really cocky with some of the post and what really got me going was when he posted false statements about our Rebels. That is not acceptable.:redboxer: I LOVE MY REBELS :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think this will be a slober knocker of a game. They will be a lot hard hits and a lot of snot bubbles for both teams. I wouldn't be that suprise if JCC wins this game but I"m still going to have to go with Boyle and their defense, I know that they have a question mark on the rebels offense but ithink they mix up enough to get the win, but they better hope they don't play a good team the next week because i think they will badly beaten bruise up.( vice versa for JCC)

What question mark are you talking about? What does mix it up enough to get the win mean?
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think this will be a slober knocker of a game. They will be a lot hard hits and a lot of snot bubbles for both teams. I wouldn't be that suprise if JCC wins this game but I"m still going to have to go with Boyle and their defense, I know that they have a question mark on the rebels offense but ithink they mix up enough to get the win, but they better hope they don't play a good team the next week because i think they will badly beaten bruise up.( vice versa for JCC)

I disagree with bolded. While I believe that both teams will leave everything they got on the field that night, I believe that Boyle County is a very tough football team and they will definitely be ready for the next week. However, Boyle County does play Franklin County the following week. A team that only won one game last year but Boyle County won't take them lightly. But I do know that both teams will absolutely give it there all next Friday. There better not be any excuses.
its getting closer!!:Clap::Clap::Clap:
French For President Wrote:What question mark are you talking about? What does mix it up enough to get the win mean?

I can imagine he's talking about losing 3,000 yards from last year at the RB spot.

That said, Boyle returns some solid backs who will get their chance to run.

I think mixing it up will be the key to offensive success this year. Last year if Boyle found little success passing they just ran and said: "Here comes #2 behind our line, stop him if you can." (That was very evident in the Title game and vs. Bell County in the 2nd half)

I would not be surprised to see Boyle air it out more like they did in the Smith era than they did last year or maybe even more than they did with Mason at QB. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:I can imagine he's talking about losing 3,000 yards from last year at the RB spot.

That said, Boyle returns some solid backs who will get their chance to run.

I think mixing it up will be the key to offensive success this year. Last year if Boyle found little success passing they just ran and said: "Here comes #2 behind our line, stop him if you can." (That was very evident in the Title game and vs. Bell County in the 2nd half)

I would not be surprised to see Boyle air it out more like they did in the Smith era than they did last year or maybe even more than they did with Mason at QB. :Thumbs:

I agree with it all. I see a very balanced Boyle County offense this season.
French For President Wrote:What question mark are you talking about? What does mix it up enough to get the win mean?

It means on offense they will run ball mostly and pass only when they need to. Its just a football saying doesn't mean nothing bad.
BoyleCounty Wrote:I disagree with bolded. While I believe that both teams will leave everything they got on the field that night, I believe that Boyle County is a very tough football team and they will definitely be ready for the next week. However, Boyle County does play Franklin County the following week. A team that only won one game last year but Boyle County won't take them lightly. But I do know that both teams will absolutely give it there all next Friday. There better not be any excuses.

I think that u taking this all wrong, I wouldn't saying they were going to lose the next game I was saying that they will badly beaten up and briuse up and same for JCC. I really don't know how u disagree with that because JCC is physcial team and so is BC.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:I think that u taking this all wrong, I wouldn't saying they were going to lose the next game I was saying that they will badly beaten up and briuse up and same for JCC. I really don't know how u disagree with that because JCC is physcial team and so is BC.

I will agree that both of these teams are physical teams. My point was that Boyle County prepares very well for games like this. They beat up on each other in practice in order to prepare for this. I just felt like you implied that if Boyle County played a good team like Lexington Catholic the following week that they would lose. That was the statement that I was disagreeing with.
I think our Eagles look really good this year. All I can say is GO EAGLES GO!!:1:
Since it's the opening game and Boyle's offense lacks great experience I'll say Boyle wins 21-0. If it were week three I'd go with Boyle 49-0. GO REBELS!!
[quote=BluegrassBuckeye]Since it's the opening game and Boyle's offense lacks great experience I'll say Boyle wins 21-0. If it were week three I'd go with Boyle 49-0. GO REBELS!![/QUOTE:thatsfunn I do NOT think you are going to see that happen!!:biggrin: GO EAGLES!!!
I can not express how much I love Football...Everyone speculates and has a opinion on how it's all gonna go down and that makes it fun.
Boyle is a awesome team, or at least they were last year but I have faith in the Eagles, either way i'm sure it's going to be a great game!!
Boyle co 35 PC 0. Rebels roll defend the pride.
Second half coming up. Smile
Where are some of the nicest places to eat at in Paintsville?
sawmill Wrote:Boyle co 35 PC 0. Rebels roll defend the pride.

Not disagreeing, but who is "PC"?? :eyeroll::eyeroll: :Thumbs:
Rebel55 Wrote:What are some of the nice places to eat at in Paintsville?

Leave it to you to get to the important pregame discussion. :Clap:

:lmao:
Hatz Wrote:Not disagreeing, but who is "PC"?? :eyeroll::eyeroll: :Thumbs:

Pulaski co.
Rebel55 Wrote:Where are some of the nicest places to eat at in Paintsville?
The Dairy Queen unlike any other. Try the footlong with sauce and slaw.
Is the game at JCHS? The field they play on is at the high school, right?
As far as food there is nothing to eat other than fast food here in johnson county. Dairy Queen here is not like all the others but its still hamburgers and hotdogs. I would stop in Lexington and grab a bite from Ramseys or Carrabbas if i were you. If anyone wanted to bring an Eagle fan some it would be appreciated.
PurplePride92 Wrote:Is the game at JCHS? The field they play on is at the high school, right?

Yep it is right on campus.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next