Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
67.86%
Johnson Central
32.14%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County @ Johnson Central 8/20
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Not saying JC will win but i promise BC players and fans will not have the same thoughts after playing JC this year. I honestly believe we will move the ball and play a tight game with Boyle. Will we rack up 400 rushing, probably not but it will not be the same team you saw last year. If Boyle comes in thinking what they saw last year is the JC of this year they will head back home with an early loss. I hope it is a great game and both teams come out clean. Go Eagles!

I didn't mean to come off rude. I was just speaking hypothetically. The guy kept saying Boyle County has no offense. I know Johnson Central is a totally different team than last year. This game has all the ingredients to be game of the week.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Boyle County has two returning offensive lineman. Running the quarterback position will be Devan Hale. This kid has an arm and very good touch. At the running back position several kids will come in and out. Not sure who the starter is yet but it will be either Chris Cook, Alec Camden or Devon Cox. That is a great group of running backs. Not as explosive as MacShara but these kids will definitely get the job done. Lamar Dawson will be TE/WR depending on the offensive set. Jarrod Harrington and Bryan Ferrell are the projected starting receivers. Stephen Talbott will get some action and a few other kids like Tommy Hastings will as well. That pretty much sums it up. Once the offense gets going, watch out! The offense is going to be good.

Watch out for Devan Hale because the kid can produce. I think some people might be surprised by him. I can't wait to see him take the snaps. He has waited his turn for this long and I believe he is going to make the most of it.

Anyways. I think that should help a little. :Thumbs:

You will also see Lamar in the backfield from time to time and don't forget about Z. Hester. He can play 4 or 5 positions on the offensive side. Mattingly might see some time in the backfield as well.
64black&gold Wrote:You will also see Lamar in the backfield from time to time and don't forget about Z. Hester. He can play 4 or 5 positions on the offensive side. Mattingly might see some time in the backfield as well.

I was just going with projected starters. Zach Hester can run the quarterback position, running back or line up as a receiver. You will see him on the offensive side of the ball for sure.

Wow, Boyle County has alot of legit running backs.
Should be a lot better ball game then last season, when JC just got embarrassed.

IMO its just pretty tough for JC to run the bone offense, right up the gut, against one of the top LB's in the nation.

JC - 14
Boyle -35
Boyle Co. is always tough, but I understand J.C. is much improved this year. I look for a very close game, probably low scoring due to the strong defense for Boyle and the adjustments for their losses on offense, it will probably take them a couple weeks to get into the grove.
I agree with you School Admin. I think it will be a lower scoring game. 17-7 Boyle. Just my opinion.
Boyle's o is looking better everyday! Devan Hale should be able to pick JC defense apart, if need be. I say Boyle by 3 touchdowns. If running back can't put it in, Hale will. Promise. Remember Dawson plays both ways.
Rebelmom14 Wrote:Boyle's o is looking better everyday! Devan Hale should be able to pick JC defense apart, if need be. I say Boyle by 3 touchdowns. If running back can't put it in, Hale will. Promise. Remember Dawson plays both ways.

Hmm.... any chance your Hale's mommy?
Can't wait.
Should be a better game than last year but still see Boyle County winning by at least 10.
:flame: This could be a barn burner!! great early season matchup.Johnson Central needs to have a good showing,I'll say J.C. 16-14.:popcorn:
Guys. This game is getting closer. I can't wait to meet Johnson Central's fans and see their field. I've never been to Johnson Central's field. It'll be exciting.
Don Carlo Wrote:Hmm.... any chance your Hale's mommy?
He wears 14.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can't wait to see Dawson lay the smack down he is a beast. Along with the rest of boyle s defense.
boyle county 21

Johnson central 7
Wishing all the team a great year... keep the faith, anything can happen!!!!!
Boyle
Heard Boyle changed their offense this year and went back to the belly. Any truth to this?
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Heard Boyle changed their offense this year and went back to the belly. Any truth to this?

The belly as in, the Wing-T?
Boyle wins 21-10
rd11 Wrote:yes,Boyle returns good D...but,if the offense cant score any points how do ya win...just saying...this is one of the three they lose

Who's the other two?

You can count on the Boyle JC game being a real hard fought battle. Lots of folks are questioning the offense. I feel there will be a lot of surprised folks come game day.

Lets go REBELS this is the first step toward #7 not many teams can say that.

Who in the state has won 6 state championships other the Boyle, Danville and Highlands? Not being a hater just a simple question.
French For President Wrote:Who's the other two?

You can count on the Boyle JC game being a real hard fought battle. Lots of folks are questioning the offense. I feel there will be a lot of surprised folks come game day.

Who in the state has won 6 state championships other the Boyle, Danville and Highlands? Not being a hater just a simple question.

2 that come to mind would be Trinity and Beechwood.

Not to sure but Mayfield, and St. X could be or close.
Good one! Bolye 14 - 8

Who cares what people think about the offense. It's not going to be that big of a problem especially since we have one of if not the best defense in the state.
I'm getting more excited every day!!!! This should be a fun and exciting team to watch:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead Love those Rebels
Rebel55 Wrote:2 that come to mind would be Trinity and Beechwood.

Not to sure but Mayfield, and St. X could be or close.

From KHSAA website:

ALL-TIME CHAMPIONSHIPS
School (Years)
19 - Trinity (Louisville) (1968, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1980, 1983, 1985, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1994, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
19 - Highlands (1960, 1961, 1964, 1968, 1970, 1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1989 1992, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009)
12 - St. Xavier (1962, 1969, 1974, 1975, 1978, 1986, 1992, 1995, 1997, 1999 2004, 2009)
10 - Danville (1962, 1984, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2001, 2003)
11 - Beechwood (1984, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2007, 2008)
7 - Mayfield (1977, 1978, 1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2002)
6 - Male (1960, 1963, 1964, 1993, 1998, 2000)
6 - Covington Catholic (1987, 1988, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2006)
6- Boyle County (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2009)
6 – Fort Campbell (1976, 1978, 1979, 2007, 2008, 2009)

Why are they questioning Boyle's offense? I mean good grief Boyle did win a state championship.
Don Carlo Wrote:Why are they questioning Boyle's offense? I mean good grief Boyle did win a state championship.

I guess everyone is assuming that Boyle County's offense isn't going to produce enough to win the "important" games due to the loss of Rees MacShara.
Bleed Black&Gold Wrote:Not saying JC will win but i promise BC players and fans will not have the same thoughts after playing JC this year. I honestly believe we will move the ball and play a tight game with Boyle. Will we rack up 400 rushing, probably not but it will not be the same team you saw last year. If Boyle comes in thinking what they saw last year is the JC of this year they will head back home with an early loss. I hope it is a great game and both teams come out clean. Go Eagles!

You'll not see the same Boyle team either I can promise you that. Or defense is better than last years if you ask me. Were ready for more and this team is on a mission for number 7 and it just so happens that your eagles are first up.
Rebelmom14 Wrote:Boyle's o is looking better everyday! Devan Hale should be able to pick JC defense apart, if need be. I say Boyle by 3 touchdowns. If running back can't put it in, Hale will. Promise. Remember Dawson plays both ways.

Your right Dawson does play both ways but there going to have more to worry about than just Lamar. Just look at the players that we have on our defense. We have Paul Megilligan,Brian Ferrell,Chris Cook,Ryan Wilson, Devon Cox and Z Hester just to name a few and there's more I can promise you that. The eagles are going to see a much better defensive group than what they saw last year.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next