Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic
Just seen Lexington Catholic schedule and I think it is the toughest schedule in the state.

Whitley County (last year went 7-5 lost in the secound round of 5A playoffs)

Covington Catholic (last year went 6-6 lost in the secound round of 5A Playoffs)

@ St. Xavier (last year went 14-1. nationally ranked all year long. won 6A state title)

Lone Oak home (last year went 14-1 losing their only game in the 4A state championship)

Madison Central (last year went 0-9. A traditonal power team on a big down slide. i think this season will be alot like last season

Lexington Christian (last year went 14-1 and won the 1A state title)

Boyle County (last year went 15-0 and won the 4A state title)

@ East Jessamine (last year went 4-7 and lost in the first round of the 4A playoffs)

@ West Jessamine (last year went 9-3 and lost in the secound round of the 4A playoffs)

@ Trinity (Louisville) (last year went 10-5 and lost in the 6A state champioship)

i could see them going 4-6 this season with this season with this schedule
5 teams played in championship games last season
Have heard they will start a soph qb. Anyone else heard this. I saw their freshman team play last year and he is very good but that's asking a lot of a soph.
That sophomore quarterback is also rated as one of the best quarterbacks in the nation out of his class.

I don't expect him to blow us away, but he'll turn some heads.
Their freshman beat Boyle's freshman in 3 ot's and the only reason Lex Cath was in it was their QB. Best player on the field.
I haven't seen him play yet, but I would like to once before he graduates.

Keep hearing a lot of great things about him.
Good research! That is a tough schedule!
Billy jack Brown, the senior WR/RB/DB looks to be lex cath's mr. everything, and with the help of TE/LB Nate Letton, along with SR OT Will Whitman anchoring the line, i look for the Knights to make some serious noise in 4A.. great strength of schedule, kudos to coach letton
He wont be the best player on the field when they play Boyle Co this year.
Hello Mr. Lamar Dawson!!!!
Their Quarterback was very good, he was quick on his feet and not afraid to run the ball when needed. He looked good but again went 3ot with Boyle freshman. I think Boyle will not have a problem handling him at the varsity level.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Just seen Lexington Catholic schedule and I think it is the toughest schedule in the state.

Whitley County (last year went 7-5 lost in the secound round of 5A playoffs)

Covington Catholic (last year went 6-6 lost in the secound round of 5A Playoffs)

@ St. Xavier (last year went 14-1. nationally ranked all year long. won 6A state title)

Lone Oak home (last year went 14-1 losing their only game in the 4A state championship)

Madison Central (last year went 0-9. A traditonal power team on a big down slide. i think this season will be alot like last season

Lexington Christian (last year went 14-1 and won the 1A state title)

Boyle County (last year went 15-0 and won the 4A state title)

@ East Jessamine (last year went 4-7 and lost in the first round of the 4A playoffs)

@ West Jessamine (last year went 9-3 and lost in the secound round of the 4A playoffs)

@ Trinity (Louisville) (last year went 10-5 and lost in the 6A state champioship)

i could see them going 4-6 this season with this season with this schedule
5 teams played in championship games last season

6-4 easyily
The young QB at Lexington Catholic is truly a future star. To make it even better, he is one of the more mannerly young men I have ever encountered.
Yeah. 6-4 or 7-3 depending on the Lone Oak game. They'll lose to Boyle, St. Xavier and Trinity for sure, IMO. They should win the rest. Unsure on the Lone Oak game but I think Lone Oak should win that game.
Went by Catholic to see the new field and even though its still under construction looks as good as any ive seen in the state
The QB is a very talented young man and from what I have seen of him, he will be able to handle the varsity role just fine. He is very high rated based on camps and combines he has attended for his age group and should be fun to watch over the next couple of years
The QBs name is Kyle Bolin and he isn't the only talented sophomore for LexCath Trey Mattingly started as a freshman on the dline and RB/DB James Maddox will be outstanding for the Knights after missing his freshman year with a shoulder tear
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:The QBs name is Kyle Bolin and he isn't the only talented sophomore for LexCath Trey Mattingly started as a freshman on the dline and RB/DB James Maddox will be outstanding for the Knights after missing his freshman year with a shoulder tear

Lexington Catholic can absolutely reload. They will be back in the title hunt before too long(not they were really ever out of it). The future looks good up there in Lexington. :Thumbs:
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Went by Catholic to see the new field and even though its still under construction looks as good as any ive seen in the state

What's the time frame on the new field?
should be done by august 1st til then lca has been gracious enough to let us practice on one of their fields
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:should be done by august 1st til then lca has been gracious enough to let us practice on one of their fields

All around good news. :Thumbs:
I have 1 ? about Lex Cath QB? Is he a true soph. or held back like a Texas soph.
joejoe Wrote:I have 1 ? about Lex Cath QB? Is he a true soph. or held back like a Texas soph.

he's been held back 1 year
http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/sports/...on%201.htm
That should be a link to pictures of the new field and some of the other construction going on
:yikes: What a schedule! If the old saying is true,what does'nt kill you makes you stronger, Lex. Cath. will be a handful come playoff time.IF they survive!That has to be one of the toughest schedules ever assembled in the state.:bigeyed:
PurplePride92 Wrote:Yeah. 6-4 or 7-3 depending on the Lone Oak game. They'll lose to Boyle, St. Xavier and Trinity for sure, IMO. They should win the rest. Unsure on the Lone Oak game but I think Lone Oak should win that game.

Nice looking schedule. I see a 6-4 or 5-5 record with the Lone Oak and Cov Cath games being very close and exciting games. I think Purplepride92 is not giving Cov Cath much of a chance,but they appear to be getting their program back up to the level it used to be at.
I'll say that Lexington Catholic will have a record of 6-4 with losses to St. Xavier, Boyle County, Lone Oak and Trinity. I also believe that come playoff time that this schedule will have Lexington Catholic prepared. I'd watch out for these boys.
great schedule,if u want to be the best,play the best....all schools should have a schedule like this...
I'll go 8-2 with losses to X and T.
I think it will 7-3 sounds about right and primed for a deep playoff run
rd11 Wrote:great schedule,if u want to be the best,play the best....all schools should have a schedule like this...

Not all schools can recruit. And LC cant beat the schools like ST.X and Trintity that can.
catholic doesnt recruit