Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2010
What will the Rams have in 2010? How will they do? Who left? Who's coming back?
You forgot who's moving in? Who's moving out?
I agree hard to tell at Raceland if they get kids from Russell and Greenup pretty good, if not they will be average.
I will say around 4-6 to 6-4 for Raceland. But this is JMO. So don't jump on me for it RAM-A-DEVIL. :please:
OU812 Wrote:You forgot who's moving in? Who's moving out?

Or who's going to need medical attention if they keep messing with me.
russellpride Wrote:I agree hard to tell at Raceland if they get kids from Russell and Greenup pretty good, if not they will be average.

We got kids from GC last year and we sucked until they left. I seem to remember an average Raceland team Beating the evils this past year.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Or who's going to need medical attention if they keep messing with me.

First of all, you're too fat to catch me, that's a fact. Secondly, I'm serious, it wasn't meant to be a slam, but for the last several seasons Raceland has had transfers from neighbors. Not unlike how your rotund behind ended up there. Here in Greenup, I think that we will start to see fewer and fewer leave. Or at least I hope so.

As for Raceland, I think they'll have a tough time replacing Barr for instance, but having Farley return is a big plus. I watched him 3 times, and I thought he was very solid. I also think that the continuity of their coaching staff is second to none here in our area.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We got kids from GC last year and we sucked until they left. I seem to remember an average Raceland team Beating the evils this past year.
I don't see you getting any kids from GC this year, that pipeline has shut down, and I know basic firstaid if you need it. And I remember an average GC team beat the Rams this year, in this county on any given night, you can get beat, that is why it's a rivalary game.
old warrior Wrote:I don't see you getting any kids from GC this year, that pipeline has shut down, and I know basic firstaid if you need it. And I remember an average GC team beat the Rams this year, in this county on any given night, you can get beat, that is why it's a rivalary game.
Not many posts on here I would of thought there would be more, don't guess the Rams have much to say, only Ramadevil. :please:
IMO... Replacing a graduating Offensive and Defensive line should be of higher concern than replacing Barr.. seeing as how his only real major contribution came in the ussell game and a few plays here and there in the end of the season. There are plenty of young talented lineman coming up through the ranks, and with work in the weightroom, the Rams will be in good shape. It will take alot of work though.
Weight lifting is well under way. This senior class has a chance to set a new record for wins by a class, The class that just finished won 38 games. That is not bad for such a small school. That is almost 10 wins per season. If the Rams can put together a good line (starting to look real good) to go with all the skill people they have they should be tough in 2010.
I also think the line will be a problem area for the Rams. Farley must have protection to throw the football, as the Rams throw the ball 70% ot the time and maybe run the ball 30% the other time. Unless Farley can scramble, I see him running for his life, he did get banged up last year, and is missing out on weight lifting because of basketball, plus whoever they put up on the line better get ready to play physical and tough.
Lets get this thread started up again!Lets talk some Ram football!!!!! Skill players should carry this team, most of them are stronger then the lineman at this point in the offseason. Scotty Craft has added alot of muscle and probally the fastest on the team now. Marcus Reed has also hit the weightroom hard and is right their close to Craft when it comes to speed.
Raceland has great tradition and kids believe they are going to be successful they will be good but not great. They are well coached and that is a tough district I think. Last two years the top three teams out of that district have won in the playoffs (LCA- State champs 2009, Raceland, and Fairview). Good luck to the Rams.
The line is a big question mark for the Rams on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see how it all works out up front. Glad to see we are back talking football.
russellpride Wrote:Raceland has great tradition and kids believe they are going to be successful they will be good but not great. They are well coached and that is a tough district I think. Last two years the top three teams out of that district have won in the playoffs (LCA- State champs 2009, Raceland, and Fairview). Good luck to the Rams.

Thanks so much russelpride as Russell also has a great winning tradition. Also to agree with serious? yes the line does need alot of work but I believe the coaches will ahve them ready or at least good enough to compete like they do every single year.
We lost some really good receivers and will have to have players step up. Farley passed for over 2000 yards last season,and if the really young inexperienced O-line doesn't hold, he may have to run for alot of those yards.
I think coach Maynard and his Assistants will bring out the best in this years edition of the Rams. The dead period is underway and the guys are getting a well deserved rest.
Coach Maynard is a great coach and he will do great things at Raceland (already has).
Raceland will be a good team with Maynard at the helm.
Any word on the offensive strategy this season? LCA is going to be going through some tough times as well. Raceland lost most of it's big guys. But LCA lost all their skill guys. Should be a good matchup when November comes around!
What does Raceland's schedule look like this year?
They will play the same schedule as last year.
BOYD
ASHLAND
FLEMING CO
GREENUP CO
EASTCARTER
PARIS
NICHOLAS CO
FAIRVIEW
LCA
RUSSELL

NOT SURE THIS IS THE ORDER...
I wonder what changes will be made in Ram Land?????
That is the correct order. I look for alot of changes offensively. And alot less screen passes! Should be very interesting. With two very tough running backs..
Is the LCA game at home or at LCA? What games are home games? Thanks.
Raceland Schedule 2010

Aug. 6 Meet the Rams 7:30pm
Aug. 15 Grid @ Fairview.... Raceland vs. West Carter 6:00pm
Aug. 20 Boyd County 7:30pm
Aug. 27 @ Ashland 7:30pm
Sept. 3 Fleming County 7:30pm
Sept. 10 @ Greenup County 7:30pm
Sept 17 @ East Carter 7:30pm
Sept. 24 @ Nicholas County 7:30pm
Oct. 1 Paris 7:30pm
Oct. 8 @ Fairview 7:30pm
Oct. 15 LCA 7:30pm
Oct. 22 @ Russell 7:30pm
Oct. 29 Open

Seems you had the Paris and Nicholas County games flipped. That's the only mistake you had in the schedule you posted.. Raceland only 4 home games this season. But Nicholas County is the only real road game. All the other away games are no longer than 45 minutes..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Raceland Schedule 2010

Aug. 6 Meet the Rams 7:30pm
Aug. 15 Grid @ Fairview.... Raceland vs. West Carter 6:00pm
Aug. 20 Boyd County 7:30pm
Aug. 27 @ Ashland 7:30pm
Sept. 3 Fleming County 7:30pm
Sept. 10 @ Greenup County 7:30pm
Sept 17 @ East Carter 7:30pm
Sept. 24 @ Nicholas County 7:30pm
Oct. 1 Paris 7:30pm
Oct. 8 @ Fairview 7:30pm
Oct. 15 LCA 7:30pm
Oct. 22 @ Russell 7:30pm
Oct. 29 Open

Seems you had the Paris and Nicholas County games flipped. That's the only mistake you had in the schedule you posted.. Raceland only 4 home games this season. But Nicholas County is the only real road game. All the other away games are no longer than 45 minutes..

Thanks.
Raceland better worry about Fairview before they even think about LCA. Heard from a Fairview player that they a new RB that is going to be much better than TJ Shelton who just graduated from Fairview. This kid is apparently from Huntington. Sound familiar?
LClion4life Wrote:Raceland better worry about Fairview before they even think about LCA. Heard from a Fairview player that they a new RB that is going to be much better than TJ Shelton who just graduated from Fairview. This kid is apparently from Huntington. Sound familiar?

Ashland apparently thinks it sounds familiar.
Raceland looks to be on the rise fast with new coach TJ Maynard. They possess some of the best skill players in the district seniors Michael Litteral and qb Tyler Farley, who threw for 2,000 yards last season and looks very comfortable in the Tony Franklin system offense. Best of Luck to them in 2010!