Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Season Rankings
I got bored and decided to put together a top 5 for each class.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

Class 1A
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Lexington Christian
4. Hazard
5. Bellevue

Class 2A
1. Fort Campbell
2. Murray
3. Monroe County
4. Newport Central Catholic
5. Prestonsburg

Class 3A
1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark

Class 4A
1. Boyle County
2. Bell County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Lone Oak
5. Marion County

Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3. Bowling Green
4. Johnson Central
5. Owensboro

Class 6A
1. St. Xavier
2. Trinity (Lou.)
3. Simon Kenton
4. DuPont Manual
5. Male
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I got bored and decided to put together a top 5 for each class.

Class 1A
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Lexington Christian
4. Hazard
5. Bellevue

Class 2A
1. Fort Campbell
2. Murray
3. Monroe County
5. Prestonsburg

Class 3A
1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark

Class 4A
1. Boyle County
2. Bell County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Lone Oak
5. Marion County

Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3. Bowling Green
4. Johnson Central
5. Owensboro

Class 6A
1. St. Xavier
2. Trinity (Lou.)
3. Simon Kenton
4. DuPont Manual
5. Male

Without Miles Simpson, SK is probably the 4th seed in NKY 6A.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I got bored and decided to put together a top 5 for each class.

Class 1A
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Lexington Christian
4. Hazard
5. Bellevue

Class 2A
1. Fort Campbell
2. Murray
3. Monroe County
5. Prestonsburg

Class 3A
1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark

Class 4A
1. Boyle County
2. Bell County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Lone Oak
5. Marion County

Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3. Bowling Green
4. Johnson Central
5. Owensboro

Class 6A
1. St. Xavier
2. Trinity (Lou.)
3. Simon Kenton
4. DuPont Manual
5. Male

I think this is way too high for LCA. They lost all their skill players and their head coach. I would not have them in the top 5. Maybe the top 10 at best.
Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. Johnson Central
3. John Hardin
4.Bowling Green
5. Owensboro

That looks more like it!
Stardust Wrote:Without Miles Simpson, SK is probably the 4th seed in NKY 6A.

I noticed that they still brought back some good talent. Plus they played a few games without Simpson last season and done good without him.

Jarons Wrote:I think this is way too high for LCA. They lost all their skill players and their head coach. I would not have them in the top 5. Maybe the top 10 at best.

They way I looked at it was that 1A isn't very strong and LCA usually has more athletes than most of the other 1A schools. They may not be worthy of a top 1 or 2 spot, but I do think that they are a top 5 team in 1A.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I noticed that they still brought back some good talent. Plus they played a few games without Simpson last season and done good without him.

They way I looked at it was that 1A isn't very strong and LCA usually has more athletes than most of the other 1A schools. They may not be worthy of a top 1 or 2 spot, but I do think that they are a top 5 team in 1A.

They may be a top 5 caliber team at the end of the season. At this point, I wouldn't put them in the top 5.

Class 1A
1. Mayfield
2. Beechwood
3. Lexington Christian
4. Hazard
5. Bellevue

Class 2A
1. Fort Campbell
2. Murray
3. Monroe County
5. Prestonsburg

Class 3A
1. Paducah Tilghman
2. Central
3. Mason County
4. Somerset
5. Sheldon Clark

Class 4A
1. Boyle County
2. Bell County
3. Lexington Catholic
4. Lone Oak
5. Marion County

Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3. Bowling Green
4. Johnson Central
5. Owensboro

Class 6A
1. St. Xavier
2. Trinity (Lou.)
3. Simon Kenton
4. DuPont Manual
5. Male

Looks to be very accuate in my opinions. If i had to pick 1 team out of BlackCats top 5 to be a sleeper and pay pull the upset in the playoffs.
1A Bellevue
2A Murray
3A Somerset
4A No real sleeper in this top 5. All have power. Any team this year could take it.
5A Johnson Central- I believe they can actually get over the hump this year. Its just that feeling
6A Its always going to be Trinity and St X.. But if i had to pick a team that may give these teams it would be fern creek this year. Quite a bit of D-1 talent on the team and hard to refuse it.
IMO in 6A Henry Clay,not Simon Kenton should be in the top 5. 4A I will go out on a limb here and say that East Jessamine should get in the top 5 sometime this season . Most people dont follow them as I do, so this season will be different from what most are used to seeing from them. They have alot of talent, its going to come down how the coaches can coach this talent.
Jarons Wrote:[/B]
They may be a top 5 caliber team at the end of the season. At this point, I wouldn't put them in the top 5.

You may be right, but let me ask you this: who would you put in-front of them?
I don't really have too much of a problem with it. In 4A I would probably switch Lone Oak and Lexington Catholic making Lone Oak the #3 team of 4A. However, any of the top five in 4A could win the state championship.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You may be right, but let me ask you this: who would you put in-front of them?

After looking at the list of 1a schools, I think that I would have to put them in the top 5 preseason by default. Nobody else stood out to me. I would put Hazard ahead of them and maybe Belleview.
Green County lost a lot, but could be hard to beat in 2A. They will make some noise for the next two years. Their schedule is tough, opening with Bell County. My prediction is based on 2A teams.
I agree with Lone Oak in front of LexCath, however I don't see Marion or East Jessamine breaking through.
Jarons Wrote:After looking at the list of 1a schools, I think that I would have to put them in the top 5 preseason by default. Nobody else stood out to me. I would put Hazard ahead of them and maybe Belleview.

Yes sir... LCA has lost alot! Some of the most talent I have ever seen graduate from a 1A team. But they still have one of the best if not the best lineman in the state. But preseason rankings are always garbage in every sport at any level. You can't put to much stock in anything until October.. Raceland and LCA may be a very good game to watch this season.
Agree with your list. Murray will be a strong contender in AA and I think Fort Campbell has reason to be concerned. Matt Deese, a 6', 240 lb RB, will rock your world. Murray is one of the few teams which will not throw the ball at all in some games.
Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3.Bowling Green
4. Christian County
5. Owensboro

Johnson Central has to beat someone to get any consideration. Outside of Highlands, 5A on the Eastern side of the state just doesn't measure up to the Western side.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Yes sir... LCA has lost alot! Some of the most talent I have ever seen graduate from a 1A team. But they still have one of the best if not the best lineman in the state. But preseason rankings are always garbage in every sport at any level. You can't put to much stock in anything until October.. Raceland and LCA may be a very good game to watch this season.

i agree 110%. I believe Raceland will have more talent on the field than LCA.
I think if you look at what Pikeville has coming back, there is a good possibility they could be in the top 10.
i think harlan co will surprise a few .
I'm only doing my # 1's for classes 1-5
1A) LCA
2A) DeSales
3A) Central
4A) Boyle
5A) Highlands
6A) 1) ST.X ,Trinity ,Ballard ,Fern Creek & Manual
Are are exactly right about fern creek I've never heard of three nationally ranked players on one Kentucky high school team.
Jackson05 Wrote:Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3.Bowling Green
4. Christian County
5. Owensboro

Johnson Central has to beat someone to get any consideration. Outside of Highlands, 5A on the Eastern side of the state just doesn't measure up to the Western side.

Are you kidding, jc would beat most of the teams over that way IMO! Jc also has one of the toughest schedules in ky. Bell, Boyle, Belfry could beat a lot of 5A schools in there own right. It's easy to talk smack when you don't have to play highlands in regional championship game every year. This is the year.
3A predictions :please:
I tell you a sleeper in 4A got to be Louisville Western. They have just about there whole defense and offence back from last year.
Watch out for Louisville Seneca in 6A because they have Demarcus Smith at QB and Jordan Bender at WR .I guarantee they will make a deep run in the playoffs
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Are you kidding, jc would beat most of the teams over that way IMO! Jc also has one of the toughest schedules in ky. Bell, Boyle, Belfry could beat a lot of 5A schools in there own right. It's easy to talk smack when you don't have to play highlands in regional championship game every year. This is the year.

I'm not talking smack. I've seen all the teams play. Johnson Central doesn't have the athletes to match up against most of the teams in WKY 5A. Bell and Boyle could, an do, beat some of those teams, but Belfry. Lets not get carried away...

All I'm saying is that JC doesn't even beat good teams in Eastern and Central Kentucky, so until they do I don't think they should be ranked ahead of those in WKY.
Johnson Central has gone leaps and bounds in the improvement of their program. Unfortunately for them, Highlands is in their way during the playoffs. Lets get real, only a small handful of teams are able to handle Highlands, if Johnson Central can ever get past them, they have an excellent chance to win it all.
Jackson05 Wrote:Class 5A
1. Highlands
2. John Hardin
3.Bowling Green
4. Christian County
5. Owensboro

I guess getting to the state quaterfinals year after year is not good enough!!!! What a joke must not have never seen Johnson Central play in person. They have a great program.
Jackson05 Wrote:I'm not talking smack. I've seen all the teams play. Johnson Central doesn't have the athletes to match up against most of the teams in WKY 5A. Bell and Boyle could, an do, beat some of those teams, but Belfry. Lets not get carried away...

All I'm saying is that JC doesn't even beat good teams in Eastern and Central Kentucky, so until they do I don't think they should be ranked ahead of those in WKY.

Jc was in both of those games at the half. Turnovers killed them last year. This year that will not be problem so just keep doubting them. It will just fuel the fire for this upcoming season.
Jackson05 Wrote:I'm not talking smack. I've seen all the teams play. Johnson Central doesn't have the athletes to match up against most of the teams in WKY 5A. Bell and Boyle could, an do, beat some of those teams, but Belfry. Lets not get carried away...

When and who did you see JC play? I have never watched those other teams play, but I do know that you have to be whack to question the strength of schedule that JC play's. As far as not having the talent, WOW! JC is usually one of the best if not the best running team in ky. If I recall 2 years ago lead the nation in rushing and had the starters out by half most of the games. Please do not insult those kids by saying they don't have the talent. IMO JC has been a top 3-5 team sense 2006.