•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
As soon as Hatcher or McCoy accepts an offer to coach, they will announce it. If either does not take it, it will be a longer process to find someone else.
Hatcher's name has been linked to just about every open job and I know that he pulled Sheldon Clark strings actig he wanted the job and what some in Perry County has told me that they offered him the moon and then some. He also went to Lawrence County and talked with them but to be honest his style sucks and we are etting tired to be runneup in the region year after year.
Hatcher has looked into several jobs that are in the area where he wants to be closer to his family. Lawarance, Sheldon Clark and Shelby Valley all offered him a great deal to come and coach for them, he thought about them seriously and chose to stay where he was in Perry County. When you are a good coach, people always come calling and then you have to make a decision. His decision so far is to stay where he is and has a good shot another winning season with his returning players, which he probably couldn't of done at Valley, but could have at Sheldon Clark. All we konw is he has turned down the Valley job.

Will McCoy take it, or is there someone else that has came to the top now???
Peeps I said it in post # 48 . Son come on down . Welcome home . Throw your name in the hat . Ladys and Germs J R VANHOOSE .
I dont know how good East Ridge is or suppose to be, but Tuesday nite they got beat by a virginia team. Thats got to suck for a Ky team to get beat by a Virginia team, and even worse a small single A school, Powell Valley, enrollment 550. Our point guard dropped 27 on them and that big center for ER, he is to slow. Look for a repeat tonite as ER heads to Big Stone Gap.
Getting beat at the first of June doesnt worry me. The big kid is the only player on the team returning with varsity experience. The point guard will be an 8th grader and before the summer is over the 2G may only be an 8th. As I have stated on this site before a BIG part of how well ER does next season will hinge on IF Jake decides to come to play or will it be the same-o same-o.
Shelby Valley does not need the character issues that have been associated with Coach McCoy.
Who coached them tonight in the summer league games?
CardinalAlum Wrote:Who coached them tonight in the summer league games?
Randy Davis, Dorton's coach.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Shelby Valley does not need the character issues that have been associated with Coach McCoy.

I agree 100%! However, Shelby Valley needs someone to help them through the summer. I am sure the choices are endless, let this team get started already.

Has anyone heard if the Ramey kid is staying or going and if he got that eligibility thing settled? How about the kid from paintsville? ANybody know anything about him?
Coach Hatcher was ay shelby valleys game thurday night at the sportplex in knott co. I believe valley is looking better than what people expect. But on Ramey he has been playing tuesday and thursday with them, but didnt do much damage he made some key defense stops, but not many, kinda surprising. But i dont think they are anyway he will be eligible. The paintsville kid played thurday and didnt do alot of damage on the offense of side but put on a body and people and got many rebounds. Which is what valley will lack some. Ive heard alot of Greg Newsome lately around the valley. Maybe he will take the job. The AD said they would mostly likely have a coach by the 14th. I look for the valley lineup to look something like this next year
Logan Lucas or Jake Robinson with the other coming off the bench
Rusty Roberts
Trey Roberts
Brett Reynolds (kid from painstville)
Cody Belter

They are no way the can start the guards in the season like the have been in the summer games.
I believe that greg newsome will be named coach at valley. They will be fine.
Just an uneducated guess but it won't surprise me. Would be a good hire.
Did Ramey put up any points?
Hatcher will be the coach.
Hatcher wants to win now. I don't believe he will go to a place where he has to rebuild.
zone buster Wrote:Hatcher will be the coach.

At PCC.... Greg Newsome at SVHS.
mrsportsfan Wrote:Did Ramey put up any points?
he put up some. but not as much as i thought he would. i dont think he played as aggressive as he did last year during the season. it was kinda surprising. but maybe hes not playing hard cause he knows he probley wont play next year.
If Raymond Justice dont get the job which he has put his name in something is really bad wrong...he is a great caoch..
It is Greg Newsome's if he wants it, and I do believe he has accepted............
It's Hatcher's if he wants it. It may eventually be Newsome, but Hatcher will have to turn it down first.
NightHawk Wrote:If Raymond Justice dont get the job which he has put his name in something is really bad wrong...he is a great caoch..

Justice has stated he is not interested in the SV job.
Hatcher has made is salary demands and they are way out of line..... Greg did not even apply, but has been offered the job.
Greg Newsome accepted the head coaching job at shelby valley with doe doe rowe and randy davis as his assistants. i dont think he has met with the team yet, but i know hes accepted the job.
Good Luck to Shelby Valley and new head coach Grag Newsome next year.
Congrats to Coach Newsome if this is true.
I was also told Greg Newsome.
Thats a nice pickup. IMO, Booher didnt make SV. Justice, Varney, Hatfield, both Newsomes, and Ramey did
If it is true, then someone needs to make a thread on it and this one needs to be closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
he deservers the opportunity
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:I was also told Greg Newsome.
Thats a nice pickup. IMO, Booher didnt make SV. Justice, Varney, Hatfield, both Newsomes, and Ramey did

It's not official yet, but it probably will happen

And I can't help but laugh my butt of that you included Ramey in the same conversation as the other players. Ramey didn't make SV at ALL..:igiveup:
its not official but coach newsome and doe doe rowe told me themselves today. i think it will be official tomorrow. i cant wait to see what valley can do next year, with greg coaching.
I so then congrates to Greg and the staff!!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next