Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which football class is the most balanced
Which football class is the most balance. Personally I thank it's 4A but thats my opinion. I would like to here your opinion
I think Im going to go with 2A or 5A...
Real Badman Wrote:I think Im going to go with 2A or 5A...

last 3 years 2a has been won by Ft.Campbell and i think atleast last 3years 5a has been won by Highlands, thats not balance thats dominating, i say over last several years its been 3a with diffrent winners expect 4 Centrals repeat..
Just because the same champion arises from each class doesn't mean their not balanced. 2A is competitive, with the exception of a few teams in the lower tiers. 5A is very balanced. Even though Highlands always wins, there is a load of teams ready to compete for that championship. Anyways class 3A is weighted down by the majority of the sub par teams.
Real Badman Wrote:Just because the same champion arises from each class doesn't mean their not balanced. 2A is competitive, with the exception of a few teams in the lower tiers. 5A is very balanced. Even though Highlands always wins, there is a load of teams ready to compete for that championship. Anyways class 3A is weighted down by the majority of the sub par teams.

I think your above statement precludes 5A being balanced. It might be balanced on numbers 2 through whatever but none of those teams have really come that close to beating Highlands.

4A was mentioned and you might start there. Three different champions in three years. The last 2 seasons have shown that the champ is one key play from being replaced by another team as champion. (Boyle/Bell/Lone Oak & Bell/Boyle/Bullit East)
AAA has the most balance. Every year there are a handful of teams that are capable of hoisting the trophy. Most other classes have 2 or 3 teams that are a little bit above everyone else.

A - Beechwood, LCA, & Mayfield
AA - Fort Campbell, NCC
AAA- Lou. Central, Breathitt Co., Pad. Tilghman, Somerset, Belfry, Shelodn Clark, Mason Co.
AAAA - Boyle Co., Bell Co., Lex. Cath.
AAAAA - Highlands & Cov. Cath.
AAAAAA- Trinity & St. X.
Super-Card Wrote:AAA has the most balance. Every year there are a handful of teams that are capable of hoisting the trophy. Most other classes have 2 or 3 teams that are a little bit above everyone else.

AA - Fort Campbell, NCC
AAA- Lou. Central, Breathitt Co., Pad. Tilghman, Somerset, Belfry, Shelodn Clark, Mason Co.
AAAAAA- Trinity & St. X.

You obviously don't know much about 5A if you think Cov Cath is one of the top 2-3 teams. They haven't been a top 15 team in 5A the past 3 years.

In 4A Lone Oak has been in the State Championship game 2 of the past 3 years.

In 3A what exactly has Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Breathitt Co. done?
Real Badman Wrote:Just because the same champion arises from each class doesn't mean their not balanced. 2A is competitive, with the exception of a few teams in the lower tiers. 5A is very balanced. Even though Highlands always wins, there is a load of teams ready to compete for that championship. Anyways class 3A is weighted down by the majority of the sub par teams.

i agree the most unbalanced class is the 6a cause no public school wins only two pirvate schools
Thunder Lips Wrote:You obviously don't know much about 5A if you think Cov Cath is one of the top 2-3 teams. They haven't been a top 15 team in 5A the past 3 years.
In 4A Lone Oak has been in the State Championship game 2 of the past 3 years.

In 3A what exactly has Belfry, Sheldon Clark, and Breathitt Co. done?

Belfry has been the most consistent 3A team outside of Central and was a Runner-Up. Breathitt County hasn't been as consistent, but they also reached the State Finals after upsetting said Belfry team. Don't let a "down year" for both teams last year into fooling you.

Belfry's 3A History:
2009 8-4, Lost in 2nd Round
2008 13-1, Lost in Semi-Finals
2007 14-1, Lost in Finals

Belfry has the best record in 3A since the re-classification took place.

Breathitt County's 3A History:
2009 7-6, Lost in Regional Finals
2008 12-3, Lost in State Finals
2007 13-1, Lost in Semi-Finals
AA
Call Me Hot Wrote:AA

With the exception of 5A Highlands and 6A Trininty and St X most other classes are pretty competive.
cavery59 Wrote:Which football class is the most balance. Personally I thank it's 4A but thats my opinion. I would like to here your opinion

Interesting question. I guess the answer depends on what it meant by most balanced.

If it's winning state championships, then it's definitely not 5A as someone else suggested, since Highlands has won all 3 state championships in 5A since we went to the 6 classes. I think they are the only team to win their class each year since we last re-aligned. Other than the Bryan Station playoff win by Highlands in 08, no 5A team has come closer than two touchdowns of Highlands over the last 3 years in the regular season or the playoffs. That's pretty unbalanced, unless balanced means excluding the top team and looking at all the rest and comparing them with one another. If you do that, then I'd say from my observation there are a lot of pretty good teams in 5A that could compete well against one another in most games.
Aside from Fort Campbells run of dominace I think from top to bottom 2A is the most balanced IMO. You look at teams like Bardstown, Danville, Glasgow, and Corbin who has tradition as much as anybody.
4 A has to be the most balanced class. There is only a few teams competeting for the title but at least the championship games are always pretty close. Last year every game was a blowout except 4A. The years past there has been some better games. But as far as this year I believe 4A will be the most balanced.
4A is pretty top heavy with Bell, Boyle, Lone Oak, Lexington Catholic, and Marion Co. The bottom of the class is pretty weak IMO
Super-Card Wrote:AAA has the most balance. Every year there are a handful of teams that are capable of hoisting the trophy. Most other classes have 2 or 3 teams that are a little bit above everyone else.

AA - Fort Campbell, NCC
AAAAAA- Trinity & St. X.

Plus leaving out Bowling Green, Christian Co, Male, Manual, Henry Clay, just to name a few.
I just don't think you can call AAA balanced because the bottom 3/4 of the class just isn't very good IMO. 2A teams in the West/Central KY dominates the AAA teams.
show a class that the bottom 3/4 isnt weak.
AA has teams like Danville and Bardstown who are in the middle of the pack and this past season was Middlesboro first losing season in several years.

AA - Fort Campbell, NCC
AAAAAA- Trinity & St. X.

When they went to 6 classes. In 1A from the east. Hazard and LCA have play in ever semi. LCA won 2 and Hazard won 1.
2A I don;t see anyone that can beat Fort Campbell
3A the top two teams is Central and Tilghman. but only one of them will make it to the title game. One of them teams from the east might get lucky ever now and then.
4A you left out a few teams Lone Oak and Allen Co.-Scottsville
5A Take Cov Cath off. Any one of these teams can beat highlands. Johnson Central, Christian Co, Bowling Green, Owensboro, John Hardin.
6A One of them two teams will win state.
Fort Campbell has lost several players to graduation over the past 3 seasons, and rumor has it that they also lost some kids to military moving of their parents.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Fort Campbell has lost several players to graduation over the past 3 seasons, and rumor has it that they also lost some kids to military moving of their parents.

With parents moving out always has the possibility of parents moving in! :Clap:
cj2561 Wrote:When they went to 6 classes. In 1A from the east. Hazard and LCA have play in ever semi. LCA won 2 and Hazard won 1.
2A I don;t see anyone that can beat Fort Campbell
3A the top two teams is Central and Tilghman. but only one of them will make it to the title game. One of them teams from the east might get lucky ever now and then.
4A you left out a few teams Lone Oak and Allen Co.-Scottsville
5A Take Cov Cath off. Any one of these teams can beat highlands. Johnson Central, Christian Co, Bowling Green, Owensboro, John Hardin.
6A One of them two teams will win state.

In 5A, maybe they can; maybe they can't. But there's no doubt that they haven't, or for that matter got closer than 14 points of them. Perhaps this year someone will. We'll see.
4A
Generals2010 Wrote:With parents moving out always has the possibility of parents moving in! :Clap:

I heard most of the parents moving in are going to Fort Knox
charlie22 Wrote:In 5A, maybe they can; maybe they can't. But there's no doubt that they haven't, or for that matter got closer than 14 points of them. Perhaps this year someone will. We'll see.

:Thumbs: It's nice to be at the top and everyone's target
3A
3A or 4A has the most balanced classes. Look at the state champions from both classes the past few years.

I'll go with 4A as being the most dominant. Bell County, Boyle County, Bullitt East, Lexington Catholic, Lone Oak and Marion County. In last few years all of these teams have been championship contenders. They are all strong teams and I believe that all of these teams will continue to be championship contenders. Also, they are some sleepers in 4A who may be on the rise of being a contender one day.
I believe if you remove Highlands from the equation that 5A is top to bottom the most balanced. Using last year's playoffs rounds 2-5 (round 1 includes mainly mismatches) the average margin of victory for each class is:

1A: 25.3
2A: 22
3A: 18.7
4A: 22.9
5A: 17.8
6A: 18

If you remove the Highland games from the equation the 5A margin of victory drops to 11.7 pts. For comparison if you remove the Fort Campbell games from the 2A numbers the margin actually increases to 23.2. Although the 6A margin is also low compared to 1A, 2A, and 4A, we all know that St. X and Trinity dominate with an occasional appearance from a public Louisville, Lexington, or NKY team.