Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They need to bring 7 on 7 back
Can anyone tell why they stop having 7 on 7
Because it is Kentucky.
So they could have summer basketball
They have always had summer basketball!!! All it does is hurt the kids who play football, with colleges seeing them in 7on7 and getting them ready for the season.
So what is the schedule for the month of June? Total dead period or can they do any type of conditioning? What can they do before dead period starts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Why do the state of kentucky focus on basketball so much. This state ain't even a high school powerhouse state in basketball for real
Are you play 7 on 7 with your teammates which sucks
Everyone thinks there kid can be the next UK basketball great I guess.
I think we have more talent in football than we do in basketball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:I think we have more talent in football than we do in basketball.

I totally agree. How many KY boys get to play for UK basketball? Look at the ones that continue to play in KY in football. It needs to be changed. Basketball in KY makes the big bucks at the state championships and the money dictates to KHSAA who gets the favors. Totally out of hand.
Basketball and Basketball is the reason
Not saying I agree with the decision (I don't) but it's my understanding that a group of football coaches and basketball coaches asked the KHSAA to make the change and the change was approved by a vote of all schools. A lot of football coaches now are saying that they weren't aware of the change when it was voted on by the schools and if they had been aware, they would have lobbied their principal to vote against it.

My instincts tells me (although I don't know for sure) that the football coaches in the group that asked for the original change came from schools that were basketball powers. They were losing their players to summer basketball the entire summer. The change allowed them to at least get their football players during the month of July. So the change was better than what they had at the time.

I know it's fashionable to blame the KHSAA for every action that we don't approve of, but folks need to keep in mind that the change was proposed by a group involving football players and was actually approved by a vote of the member schools. If the football coaches now upset with the change weren't aware of the change when it was voted on, they should blame themselves, their football coaches association leadership or their school principal for not informing them.

Supposedly there is a group of football coaches that will propose that the change be rescinded but we'll see if that happens.