Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abell is rising fast
Eastern High School guard Remy Abell has been considered one of the top guards in the Louisville area for several years.

Now, the 6-foot-4 Abell is showing improved play and has become one of the elite players statewide in the Class of 2011.

Scout.com national analyst Evan Daniels watched Abell two weekends in a row and said he has "a chance to be a high-minus" prospect. He means the bottom end of the high-major status.

Abell scored 135 points in six games last weekend to lead the Shining Star Sports-Davis team to the 17s State AAU title. He's been a force that team the entire spring.

"He's been really, really good," AAU coach Jeff Davis said.

Abell, an All-Seventh Region performer as a junior, said he's been working on a lot of things during the offseason. He's spent a ton of time trying to become "more versatile."

"I'm trying to be patient and make better decision," Abell said. "I want to try and play more than one position and I think it's getting better."

The recruiting process is starting to pick up. Abell picked up an offer from Marshall and also has offers from Belmont, IUPUI, Akron and Wright State.

But Daniels believes things will only get better during the summer for Abell.

"I just want to get a good education and go somewhere where I can fit in with the coaches and the players," Abell said.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2...html?GID=0