Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl
will wymt be having it live like last year
Dont know if they will be live, but im sure they will air the games.

I however am more interested in the locations of the games.
Real Badman Wrote:Dont know if they will be live, but im sure they will air the games.

I however am more interested in the locations of the games.

i say they will be moving it back to pikeville and sv, since there 3 schools having it now, and letting pikeville get to play at home every year, switch it up.
I think Belfry's game should be played at the Cam...........................
padd4pirate Wrote:I think Belfry's game should be played at the Cam...........................

why? thats not fair to the opposing team. pikeville should play at belfy, belfry play at sv, and sv play at pikeville. so its fair to all teams playing.
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:why? thats not fair to the opposing team. pikeville should play at belfy, belfry play at sv, and sv play at pikeville. so its fair to all teams playing.

i can go with that but letting pikeville play every year at home is not fair, anywhere Belfry plays they bring alot to the game and if its in pike county its almost like a home game
i dont think its faire thats sv gets to play at home everytime east ridge has played them in the pike county bowl its been at valley i think valley should play at pikeville this year
KHSAA Scoreboard has ER/SV playing on Sat. @ Pikeville
E.ridge Wrote:will wymt be having it live like last year
The Pike County Bowl is becoming a joke. Its initial design was for the best two teams in Pike County to play "outside quality competition. A few years ago it was expanded to allow ALL Pike county teams to play in the bowl. The premise of the best two teams playing the " Prime time" games is still there but is not honored. Clearly Pike Central deserves a primetime spot this year but will play Phelps. And from what we hear will play Phelps for the next three years. There are too many old Pikeville supporters on the PCB committee and they will not honor the fact that Pike Central should be slid in to replace Pikeville. They were better than Pikeville last year, will be better than Pikeville this year, and will be better than Pikeville in years to come. The committee either needs to be dissolved or some people need to start hard lining the committee. the bowl has gotten weaker over the years and looks like the same will continue.
The committe won't even hear suggestions of allowing Pikeville play a Pike Central or Shelby Valley. It may be one of the longest standing bowls in KY but right now its standing on one leg and getting ready to fall over!
Salimander Wrote:The Pike County Bowl is becoming a joke. Its initial design was for the best two teams in Pike County to play "outside quality competition. A few years ago it was expanded to allow ALL Pike county teams to play in the bowl. The premise of the best two teams playing the " Prime time" games is still there but is not honored. Clearly Pike Central deserves a primetime spot this year but will play Phelps. And from what we hear will play Phelps for the next three years. There are too many old Pikeville supporters on the PCB committee and they will not honor the fact that Pike Central should be slid in to replace Pikeville. They were better than Pikeville last year, will be better than Pikeville this year, and will be better than Pikeville in years to come. The committee either needs to be dissolved or some people need to start hard lining the committee. the bowl has gotten weaker over the years and looks like the same will continue.
The committe won't even hear suggestions of allowing Pikeville play a Pike Central or Shelby Valley. It may be one of the longest standing bowls in KY but right now its standing on one leg and getting ready to fall over!

So Pike Central has 1 above average season and you think you should be able to slide Pikeville out of the primetime bowl with all of their tradition? PLEASE...

Pikeville has earned the right to play in the primetime game through the cousre of time. When you have three state championship trophies come back and talk about Pike Central moving Pikeville. I am not even a Pikeville fan but I can be amazed at what they have acomplished. Pike Central is on the rise that is for sure, but do not think that Pike Central has done anything to impress Pikeville. 1 regional runner-up trophy means little to the Panthers.
If I were Pikeville and I had allowed the program to fall as badly as it has....I don't believe that I would want to be in the spotlight....The current program is not even a mere image of what it once was or even where it should be. Facts are facts. History is just what it is....history!
Super-Card Wrote:So Pike Central has 1 above average season and you think you should be able to slide Pikeville out of the primetime bowl with all of their tradition? PLEASE...

Pikeville has earned the right to play in the primetime game through the cousre of time. When you have three state championship trophies come back and talk about Pike Central moving Pikeville. I am not even a Pikeville fan but I can be amazed at what they have acomplished. Pike Central is on the rise that is for sure, but do not think that Pike Central has done anything to impress Pikeville. 1 regional runner-up trophy means little to the Panthers.

My respect for you just increased. Congrats
Super-Card Wrote:So Pike Central has 1 above average season and you think you should be able to slide Pikeville out of the primetime bowl with all of their tradition? PLEASE...

So championships 23 years ago when none of the current players were even born entitles Pikeville to ALWAYS be in the Pike County Bowl.Entitlement must be how those old panthers on the committe justify still being primetime. Also,if you would read at all you would see that I stated the Bowl is set up to have the best two teams EACH YEAR in the prime spot.It is not designed for the two teams who won state titles in such and such years ago. Especially 23 years ago. Oh well, play your primetime game...get waxed as has become normal..limp through your non district schedule with no wins..win all your weak,weak, weak, district games and bow out in round 2 of the playoffs as usuall lately in front of 43 spectators..then get on here and whine about Pike Central haviing no tradition and so on as you shade your eyes from the lights shining off Buckleys Creek during Friday night home playoff games..then argue in the offseason that the 6-5 record of yours and the 24 year old state titles ENTITLES you to the 2011 primetime game in the Pike County Bowl.:Thumbs:
cuppett777 Wrote:i can go with that but letting pikeville play every year at home is not fair, anywhere Belfry plays they bring alot to the game and if its in pike county its almost like a home game

I agree
padd4pirate Wrote:I agree

I do believe you have the chance to "opt out" of playing in the PCB.... If Pike Central is not satisfied with their schedule for the next 3 years maybe their coach should do just that and find another grid to join up with....

As far as Belfry hosting the PCB, no harshness meant here people, but what is the difference with it being held @ Pikeville every year? Honestly, Belfry probably brings in bigger crowds BY FAR as well as concession money.... You've got to think... this money is split between the teams who play. Belfry NOR Pikeville get to keep the monies brought in for themselves....

Every year it's the same song and dance when it comes to the PCB... People, it's gonna be played, no matter what we as fans think or say... I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna go support the team (my team) and to heck with all the politics...

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:i do believe you have the chance to "opt out" of playing in the pcb.... If pike central is not satisfied with their schedule for the next 3 years maybe their coach should do just that and find another grid to join up with....

As far as belfry hosting the pcb, no harshness meant here people, but what is the difference with it being held @ pikeville every year? Honestly, belfry probably brings in bigger crowds by far as well as concession money.... You've got to think... This money is split between the teams who play. Belfry nor pikeville get to keep the monies brought in for themselves....

Every year it's the same song and dance when it comes to the pcb... People, it's gonna be played, no matter what we as fans think or say... I've come to the conclusion that i'm gonna go support the team (my team) and to heck with all the politics...
amen
According to the scoreboard they have:

Aug. 27 (Pikeville/SV)
6:00 PM Pike Central vs Phelps
8:00 PM Belfry vs Cov. Holy Cross

Aug. 28 (Pikeville/SV)
6:00 East Ridge vs Shelby Valley
8:00 Pikeville vs Boyd Co.
Salimander Wrote:So championships 23 years ago when none of the current players were even born entitles Pikeville to ALWAYS be in the Pike County Bowl.Entitlement must be how those old panthers on the committe justify still being primetime. Also,if you would read at all you would see that I stated the Bowl is set up to have the best two teams EACH YEAR in the prime spot.It is not designed for the two teams who won state titles in such and such years ago. Especially 23 years ago. Oh well, play your primetime game...get waxed as has become normal..limp through your non district schedule with no wins..win all your weak,weak, weak, district games and bow out in round 2 of the playoffs as usuall lately in front of 43 spectators..then get on here and whine about Pike Central haviing no tradition and so on as you shade your eyes from the lights shining off Buckleys Creek during Friday night home playoff games..then argue in the offseason that the 6-5 record of yours and the 24 year old state titles ENTITLES you to the 2011 primetime game in the Pike County Bowl.:Thumbs:

So you are saying that 1 regional runner-up is better than 3 state championships even if they were 20 years ago? WOW. I never knew Pike Central was so proud of being average. Well congrads to Pike Central on what Pikeville would call an average year then.
pike central will beat phelps in the pcb and i belive it would be a tough one for the belfry pirates to beat holy cross
Super-Card Wrote:So you are saying that 1 regional runner-up is better than 3 state championships even if they were 20 years ago? WOW. I never knew Pike Central was so proud of being average. Well congrads to Pike Central on what Pikeville would call an average year then.
Exactly. We were region runner-up 2 years ago and our coach got fired after the season. Central is region runner up and they are the next best thing to sliced bread according to their fans. Its real simple Pikeville and Belfry will ALWAYS have the prime time games. Pikeville and Belfry were the first teams to make football in this region relevant and teams like Bell,Breathitt, and P-burg followed after. Belfry was down all through the '90s but it was never suggested that they shouldnt play a Prime Time Game.
Salimander Wrote:So championships 23 years ago when none of the current players were even born entitles Pikeville to ALWAYS be in the Pike County Bowl.Entitlement must be how those old panthers on the committe justify still being primetime. Also,if you would read at all you would see that I stated the Bowl is set up to have the best two teams EACH YEAR in the prime spot.It is not designed for the two teams who won state titles in such and such years ago. Especially 23 years ago. Oh well, play your primetime game...get waxed as has become normal..limp through your non district schedule with no wins..win all your weak,weak, weak, district games and bow out in round 2 of the playoffs as usuall lately in front of 43 spectators..then get on here and whine about Pike Central haviing no tradition and so on as you shade your eyes from the lights shining off Buckleys Creek during Friday night home playoff games..then argue in the offseason that the 6-5 record of yours and the 24 year old state titles ENTITLES you to the 2011 primetime game in the Pike County Bowl.:Thumbs:
What are you going to do when Holcomb hangs it up at Breathitt and Chapman goes running back over there? (His Boy stayed over there for a reason) Do you honestly think that what you guys have up there is built to last?
to me the pike county bowl has lost most of its luster, it used to be bhs and pikeville on the same night, i think those were its best years. and they had some great teams come in for it, i dont think a pike county team should play in the bowl, just because they are a pike county team. i think the four best pike county teams should play quality teams from across the state or even out of state. make the games something people will pay to see. i am not going to pay to watch phelps or east ridge, i hope someday they will be good enough to earn a bowl invite
Ideal situation would be Friday and Saturday games hosted by the top 2 schools in the county from the previous season.

How do you determine that? My thought would be head-to-head and how far one makes it in the playoffs.

This year it would mean Belfry, Pike Central, or Shelby Valley hosting with Pikeville added to those 3 as the only county teams in the PCB.

You would then find 4 QUALITY opponents for those 4 teams.

Example-

Sat. @ Belfry
Pikeville/Ashland
Belfry/Bluefield, WV.

Fri. @ Pike Central OR Shelby Valley
Pike Central/Hazard
Shelby Valley/Logan, WV.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Exactly. We were region runner-up 2 years ago and our coach got fired after the season. Central is region runner up and they are the next best thing to sliced bread according to their fans. Its real simple Pikeville and Belfry will ALWAYS have the prime time games. Pikeville and Belfry were the first teams to make football in this region relevant and teams like Bell,Breathitt, and P-burg followed after. Belfry was down all through the '90s but it was never suggested that they shouldnt play a Prime Time Game.

I agree with your point, although to say Belfry was "down all through the '90s" is probably a stretch. Belfry was 88-37 and had one losing season, one .500 season, and 5 seasons with 10 or more wins. Anyway, that is neither here or there. The big problem with the PCB is the fact that everyone else has a bowl game. All the big-name teams are committed to play somewhere else, and the days of Male and Danville and Lexington Catholic playing in the PCB will probably be over. Next year's teams do not get the blood flowing either. I have heard they will be Harrison Co. and Franklin Co. I do think the PCB needs to really focus on two big-time programs to come in 2014, when the 30th anniversary of the PCB will take place. I would issue Highlands and Ashland invites right now and solidify them while you can for 2015.
It would be great to see the P.C.B. the way it once was by bringing in the big time schools like Male & Highlands once more . The football atmosphere
during those yrs. was special . However, Pikeville has got to get back on track before then. Belfry, on the other hand has stayed more consistant with their success. We (Pikeville) need to work toward that end, imo.
phs1986 Wrote:I do believe you have the chance to "opt out" of playing in the PCB.... If Pike Central is not satisfied with their schedule for the next 3 years maybe their coach should do just that and find another grid to join up with....

As far as Belfry hosting the PCB, no harshness meant here people, but what is the difference with it being held @ Pikeville every year? Honestly, Belfry probably brings in bigger crowds BY FAR as well as concession money.... You've got to think... this money is split between the teams who play. Belfry NOR Pikeville get to keep the monies brought in for themselves....

Every year it's the same song and dance when it comes to the PCB... People, it's gonna be played, no matter what we as fans think or say... I've come to the conclusion that I'm gonna go support the team (my team) and to heck with all the politics...
why should PC even have to consider "opting" out? If the PCB was put together the way it was intended the there would be no issue. The committee knows that with money the way it is now that the schools have to play to get a cut. Regardless of what you may think, they all need the $$$
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Exactly. We were region runner-up 2 years ago and our coach got fired after the season. Central is region runner up and they are the next best thing to sliced bread according to their fans. Its real simple Pikeville and Belfry will ALWAYS have the prime time games. Pikeville and Belfry were the first teams to make football in this region relevant and teams like Bell,Breathitt, and P-burg followed after. Belfry was down all through the '90s but it was never suggested that they shouldnt play a Prime Time Game.

It was never suggested for Belfry to come out of the Primetime game in the 90's because no Pike County team was good enough to take one of the slots. Pikeville knows and the committee knows they are protecting Pikeville. That's fine too, the PCB enthusiasm gets lower and lower each year and will continue to until its set up the way it was intended.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:What are you going to do when Holcomb hangs it up at Breathitt and Chapman goes running back over there? (His Boy stayed over there for a reason) Do you honestly think that what you guys have up there is built to last?

Pikeville's last championship was in 1990. No championships since then . Was Hillards program"built to last?"

Pike Central knows they have improved their program and what's happening at PC is more than just John Chapman. The middle school program is coming along just fine. (I believe PC has won 3 of the last 4 against Pikeville). Everything will be just fine for the Hawks in football. Pikeville needs to put the hawks on their schedule and try to shut them up on the field. They won't play, they can't beat them and they know all this. We're done here!
Correction.1989 was the last championship yr.
Salimander Wrote:Pikeville's last championship was in 1990. No championships since then . Was Hillards program"built to last?"

Pike Central knows they have improved their program and what's happening at PC is more than just John Chapman. The middle school program is coming along just fine. (I believe PC has won 3 of the last 4 against Pikeville). Everything will be just fine for the Hawks in football. Pikeville needs to put the hawks on their schedule and try to shut them up on the field. They won't play, they can't beat them and they know all this. We're done here!

Everyone on this site knows that wont happen, Pikeville would rather take a 56+ loss to Boyle Co, Lex Cath, and those other powerhouses they play then rather play Pike Central or Shelby Valley and win without gaining team moral.