Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Boys Job
I agree with dozerdawg they need to hire a coach
This I do know. Les Trimble was offered the job and turned it down. We are glad he's staying in TIGERTOWN!!!
Read in the Ashland paper that they also need a principal. I would think that hiring a principal is a bit higher a priority right now.
I heard They have hired a principle whose adopted son is going to play at Russell. Plays aau with one of the Russell players.
The article was in Friday's Ashland Daily, and they said they didn't have a principal. How is it that from Saturday to now they have one? This may be one of the wildest rumors yet.:Clap:
With all that is going on in the school system I dont know who would be interested in being principal or coaching there?
Mr. no Wrote:With all that is going on in the school system I dont know who would be interested in being principal or coaching there?

Thats just funny right there !!!! I guess the neighboring systems are great LOL. just about all are cesspools of corrupted coaches, board members etc. LC just didnt hide their problems as well as some other schools do.
Theres nothing funny about it, it is really sad the school system is in such terrible shape. As for you eyespyjc is everything you write on here so negative? As for Skaggs being a average player, I wonder if you know anything about basketball? As for him transfering to JC or anywhere else, he can move based solely on academics alone.
Mr. no Wrote:Theres nothing funny about it, it is really sad the school system is in such terrible shape. As for you eyespyjc is everything you write on here so negative? As for Skaggs being a average player, I wonder if you know anything about basketball? As for him transfering to JC or anywhere else, he can move based solely on academics alone.

I agree, it is not funny but like I said all school systems are these days corrupted in some manner and all need to be monitored more closely. LC is not in as bad shape as some like to think and make it out to be. As for Skaggs he is an average basketball player, better than most but not the best. I know enough about basketball. Also you might read by law 6 and see if Wade can really transfer anywhere without his family relocating to that county. Any how good luck to him wherever he ends up.
You might need to look up average in the dictionary.
Mr. no Wrote:You might need to look up average in the dictionary.

No need thanks, I know what average means.
EYESPYJC Wrote:No need thanks, I know what average means.

Go see what your head coach thinks about Skaggs??:Thumbs:
Blueheat Wrote:Go see what your head coach thinks about Skaggs??:Thumbs:

I am sorry but I dont have a head coach bub, and to whom you are referring to .. what a JOKE !!! And as I have stated good luck to Wade whatever he does but also keep in mind you dont just decide to walk in another school and announce I am here. A Move will have to happen. :rockon:
Neither of the Rose Hill kids that went to Ashland moved or changed addresses. If LC is in that bad a shape academically transferring and becoming eligible else where would actually b pretty easy.
Who ever the coach is next year, i wish them luck.
It will be a long year, esp. if Scaggs transfers
Lawrence County has narrowed its list down and I heard a local insurance icon is in the final 4. I spoke w this icon yesterday and he is really excited to have reached this level. Good luck insurance man.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Lawrence County has narrowed its list down and I heard a local insurance icon is in the final 4. I spoke w this icon yesterday and he is really excited to have reached this level. Good luck insurance man.
If your referring to Ratliff then no one will play for... No one likes him and he has no experience what so ever and I hope and pray they dont consider him.. Which I am pretty sure he isnt in the top four if he even applied... They were hoping to make a hire by today or tom.... I know there were several good names that had applied and I hope they make the right hire.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I heard they hired Josh Cook a former June Buchcanan coach. I had never heard of him before, anyone know anything about him?
I don't know who they are hiring. I was just kidding about the insurance icon.
I don't know anything about the Cook guy.
suprising good hire if true, he has done a good job at all places he has been. He was assistant on KCC state tournament team this year. I remember a year ago he brought his team to our Country Music Highway Tournament, and beat us by 16. This would be a good hire to get someone with such a bright coaching future.
I feel this would be the best hire they could make as of right now. Josh Cook is young and talented, and willing to build/keep a winning tradition in Louisa for not only the next few years, but for a long time. I am from his area, and every game that KCC/JBS wasn't involved in I saw him there taking notes, and building scouting reports on each team he watched. Every player he coached that I talked to, said he had almost too many X's and O's sets for offense to even remember. Every game that I seen him coach against a more talented team when he coached for JBS he would always have some junk defense that he would imply to try and equal out the game. He beat Lawrence County that year and I'm sure they remember and took that into account. The only man I would put into consideration above him, mentioned in head coaching jobs, would have to Allan Hatcher, or Steve Wright, and I believe neither are interested, so therefore LC should make this hire.
There couldn't be a better hire than Josh Cook.
who does LC have returning?
same old story, i heard they dont want to pay anyone anything, two coaches have turned down the low ball offer...they will get what they pay for low impact coach that just fills the spot till everyone gets fed up with losing again on a reg basis.
TSSI Wrote:same old story, i heard they dont want to pay anyone anything, two coaches have turned down the low ball offer...they will get what they pay for low impact coach that just fills the spot till everyone gets fed up with losing again on a reg basis.
The primary objective of a school system is education. Sports are extra-curricular activities. If you look at any successful HS sports program, you will find a dedicated and professional educational teacher first and foremost for the most part. This is the reason they are successful with their team. It has nothing to do with money in HS athletics. If money gets you a better coach where do you draw the line. Will you as a taxpayer go for a school tax to pay Calipari 90 million dollars? Will we as fans pay 50 dollars to attend a HS football game? The standard pay is around 3000 for extra curricular activities. Just about all the successful coaches use this money on their team in some fashion. If you told every varsity coach in KY that they would recieve no money for coaching I would be willing to bet that less than 5% would quit. At this level you are not coaching for money and I hope it never,ever gets to that point.
You are right the primary reason is education related for a school. However there is a positive relationship between good athletic and good academics. With the hassle in high school sports that coaches have to endure money is a key. And with everything you get what u pay for.
jakelegg Wrote:You are right the primary reason is education related for a school. However there is a positive relationship between good athletic and good academics. With the hassle in high school sports that coaches have to endure money is a key. And with everything you get what u pay for.
The LC football coach gets 6 grand a year for coaching football. He easily spends 40 hours a week on the football program. That means he earns $3.00 an hour for being a coach. I think we could all agree he is a "good" coach. The LC baseball coach does it all for 2 grand a year. This is $1.00 per hour. I think we could agree he is a "good" coach. So by looking at just these two coaches are they in it for the money? Heck no they aren't. They both could easily coach in the college ranks for way more money. Any coach that is in it for the money at the HS level I do not want him coaching my kids or at my school. If I am going to pay more school taxes for salaries I want it going to classroom teachers because in the long run this benefits the community as a whole.
U missed my meaning or maybe I didnt explain well enough. I dont think that there are too many IF any HS coaches coaching for money. My point was/is that a HS coach should be well paid simple because of the crap that they put up with in todays game. 6 grand a years is probably bout avg for a normal HS. I dont have a problem with that amount. When someone mentioned lowball number I assumed it might be 2-4 k which wouldnt be near enough for most.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The primary objective of a school system is education. Sports are extra-curricular activities. If you look at any successful HS sports program, you will find a dedicated and professional educational teacher first and foremost for the most part. This is the reason they are successful with their team. It has nothing to do with money in HS athletics. If money gets you a better coach where do you draw the line. Will you as a taxpayer go for a school tax to pay Calipari 90 million dollars? Will we as fans pay 50 dollars to attend a HS football game? The standard pay is around 3000 for extra curricular activities. Just about all the successful coaches use this money on their team in some fashion. If you told every varsity coach in KY that they would recieve no money for coaching I would be willing to bet that less than 5% would quit. At this level you are not coaching for money and I hope it never,ever gets to that point.

Some of that is true but Lawrence County lost a great coach and it possibly could have been that he got a big raise to go to boyd just saying.
Blueheat Wrote:Some of that is true but Lawrence County lost a great coach and it possibly could have been that he got a big raise to go to boyd just saying.
Lawrence County as a whole lost a great individual in Randy Anderson. His classroom persona and mentoring ability far out weigh anything he ever did as a basketball coach. He is focused on developing the whole person of which basketball is a means to that end for some individuals. He has turned out good productive citizens because of his teaching abilities not his knowledge of basketball. Because of his abilities to convey a message he can take ANY 15 kids and given some time turn them into a competitive team and would do it all for free because of the greater good. He is the rarest breed of Teacher/coach and all who are in the profession should strive to learn from him.