•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2011
I just heard a rumor that Cory Davenport of Bell Co. has tranfered to H.C.. Any truth to that? I noticed, season before last while at the Bell/H.C. game at Bell on senior night, that several of Bell's seniors were listed as being from Harlan co.. I would think that with the success of H.C.'s football program that Bell Co. will have a hard time recruiting Harlan Co. talent.
Not true. Discussion should go no futher than this.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I just heard a rumor that Cory Davenport of Bell Co. has tranfered to H.C.. Any truth to that? I noticed, season before last while at the Bell/H.C. game at Bell on senior night, that several of Bell's seniors were listed as being from Harlan co.. I would think that with the success of H.C.'s football program that Bell Co. will have a hard time recruiting Harlan Co. talent.

April Fools to you to. HAHAHA.

We have enough running backs already.
Any word on how the field is coming alone? Any new pictures of the field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Would love an update on the facilities!!!
PurplenowBlue Wrote:Would love an update on the facilities!!!

Bids open up this month! Can't wait for them to get started. Will definitely post pictures during the construction. Can't wait for the Black Bears to have a place of their own. Boys are still hard at work in weight room getting stronger and faster.
even with lost people they should still be good
Ready for the work to begin on the new field
Are they going to have it done before the first game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I doubt they play on it this year, but someone may light a fire under the workers! Wherever they play they will have huge support!
Would love to see it done at least in time to host the playoffs (yeah, I know, counting my chickens early).
If it is the same crew that is doing the baseball/softball complex, don't count on it being done on schedule.
Mama Bear Wrote:Bids open up this month! Can't wait for them to get started. Will definitely post pictures during the construction. Can't wait for the Black Bears to have a place of their own. Boys are still hard at work in weight room getting stronger and faster.

How did the bidding process go?
Dragonsdad Wrote:I just heard a rumor that Cory Davenport of Bell Co. has tranfered to H.C.. Any truth to that? I noticed, season before last while at the Bell/H.C. game at Bell on senior night, that several of Bell's seniors were listed as being from Harlan co.. I would think that with the success of H.C.'s football program that Bell Co. will have a hard time recruiting Harlan Co. talent.

Bell Co has had a lot of HC players in the past. Most of them were living on the line. Maybe that will stop.
HAT51 Wrote:Bell Co has had a lot of HC players in the past. Most of them were living on the line. Maybe that will stop.

The Davenport boys live in Bell co. not Harlan co.
the H.C. line is a half mile from their house.
Bell_Cats Wrote:The Davenport boys live in Bell co. not Harlan co.
the H.C. line is a half mile from their house.

I am sure you are correct about that. I was just saying on the line meaning close. Close enoough they could go either place about as easy.
Sorry about the mix up there. Those were two seperate comments and I should have made that more apparent. I never meant that he did live in Harlan co.. The comment I made about senior night at Bell High a couple of seasons ago is something that I have wondered about since that night and feel it is a legitimate conceren. Again, I apologize for the mixup.
The bids came in and were very high on the electrical side and will have to be rebid, but the field and seats came in under bid, so I guess we have to wait until the other bids come back. It's much closer than it was so that has to be exciting for the kids.
Rebiid in two weeks. Lord willing, they may get to play some home games on it this year if they can get started.

I hear they are still working hard in the weight room. Weight Meet at Lynn Camp this Saturday. Sill have really good number out. Keep working hard Bears!! We want another exciting season!!
More Bears football news:

https://www.eteamz.com/harlancountysport...&SitePage=
The Black Bears are working hard and getting STRONGER and FASTER. This will be a very exciting season. They have proved their strength in the offseason weightlifting competitions at South Laurel and Lynn Camp, winning both with dominating fashion. Coach Larkey and Staff have these young men on their way and from what I've heard the hard work ethic has spread. I hear there are great numbers out and young men preparing themselves for...WINNING! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
I am pumped for the upcomming season!....can't wait for the bid to pass and construction to start!....We have a great group athletes and a awesome staff!....they will work hard and play hard no matter where the field is!...I have confidence in My Black Bears!.....I look for them to go VERY far this next season!

Go HC BLACK BEARS!!!....GRRR!!....GRRR!!!
The Black Bears have worked hard this off season continuing to get stronger can't wait to see them on the field. No more 7 on 7's?????
Construction starting soon on new field. Woot!!!

Hurry up football season. I hate to wish everybody's Summer away but I can not wait to see the Black Bears take the field this season. Just heard Brad Paisley singing our song and I'm fired up!! Boys have had a very productive winter in the weight room. Keep working hard boys! :rockon:
Mama Bear Wrote:Construction starting soon on new field. Woot!!!

Hurry up football season. I hate to wish everybody's Summer away but I can not wait to see the Black Bears take the field this season. Just heard Brad Paisley singing our song and I'm fired up!! Boys have had a very productive winter in the weight room. Keep working hard boys! :rockon:

Keep us updated on the progress of the new field. I bet the team and coaches are excited about it being fiinished.
Harlan County returns a wealth of talent at the skill positions, but must find replacements along the offensive front.

The Bears lost three starters from the offensive line, including tackle Alex Haywood, guard Travis Fields and center Jesse Hensley. Senior Michael Smith, one of the best returning linemen in southeastern Kentucky will anchor the line at tackle. Senior D.J. Brock returns at the other tackle spot. Sophomore Carson Whitehead will take over at one guard position, with sophomore J.W. Cooper likely joining him on the other side. Senior Chase Calton is expected to take over for Hensley at center.

Jordy Brewer is back under center. The senior signal-caller completed 29 of 55 pass attempts for 455 yards and two touchdowns last season.

Senior Marcus McMillian returns at tailback. McMillian rushed for a team-high 1,325 yards last season. Senior Cody Taylor also returns from a knee injury that forced him to miss nearly all of last season. Taylor rushed for 864 yards as a sophomore.

Junior Jake Middleton returns at halfback after rushing for 354 yards in a breakout season last year.

Junior Tucker Lewis is expected to take over at fullback after missing all of last season with a knee injury.

Middleton will likely also see time at receiver. He led the Bears with nine receptions for 123 yards last year.

Junior Austin Maggard and sophomores Scotty Bailey and Treyvon Long could also see action at receiver.

Junior Aaron Caldwell will take over duties at tight end.

Like the offensive side of the ball, the only question mark on the Harlan County defense will be along the line.

The biggest hole to fill will be that of 5A District 8 Player of the Year Jordan Calton at strong-side end. The Bears must also find replacements for Brain Owens and Jeremiah Eldridge at the tackle spots.

Whitehead will move to strong-side end from middle linebacker, where he tallied 21 solo tackles and 89 assisted tackles last year.

Smith is expected to provide a physical presence at defensive tackle, with Kainer Caudill and Coty Miracle both seeing time at nose tackle.

McMillian could move from cornerback down to weak-side defensive end, but sophomores Cole Wilson and Derek Akal are also expected to see time there.

Middleton returns at rover, where he led Harlan County with 42 solo tackles and 115 assisted tackles a season ago.
Lewis will return at middle linebacker. He recorded 17 solo tackles and 73 assisted tackles as a freshman in 2009.

Maggard returns at corner, where he had two interceptions last season. Taylor is back at the other corner spot.

Brewer and sophomore Zach Chitwood are back at the safety positions. Brewer led the team with six interceptions last year, while Chitwood had 17 solo tackles and 35 assisted tackles.

McMillian, Bailey and Long could also see time in the secondary.

Harlan County also returns senior kicker Josh Jenkins. He booted 47 extra-points and one field goal last season.
And it begins!

Good luck to the Black Bears this morning at their first day of practice. Gonna be a HOT ONE!!!
How is practice going? I'm guessing the linemen will be heading to camp soon.
Linemen are back from camp, went last week.
Then Jabez is coming...
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next