Poll: Winner
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands
58.82%
Harlan County
41.18%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Harlan County 11/26
I've located uk#1fan's family.
NCC41 Wrote:I've located uk#1fan's family.
:thatsfunn The Mountain Branch. He is a fan of those Pioneers wonder if he likes those early pioneers as well?
Filthy Animal Wrote:Hehe... Thanks for the laugh!... Now go ask your grandmaw for another cool come back!... And next time have a pic!... LOL

GO BLACK BEARS !!!!!
Well my Grandmother isn't that cool. But I hope your team can backup the silly chatter on this board.
nky Wrote::thatsfunn The Mountain Branch. He is a fan of those Pioneers wonder if he likes those early pioneers as well?

I think I've found where he got his start. The real test will be the responses after the game. Then we will know for sure.:biggrin:
Boo Boo bear Wrote::

Heard this all year bring it on !!!!johnson central is maybe the forth or fifth place team in 5A.:thatsfunn:thatsfunn larkey knows highlands well he sent them packing in 2002 with a running clock !!!!!!!

the good ole days
NCC41 Wrote:I think I've found where he got his start. The real test will be the responses after the game. Then we will know for sure.:biggrin:
yup. those neer fans sure are quiet. Must be stuck in the after the Craft Fair traffic:eyeroll:
Im pulling for Harlan. Highlands would win this game on paper. my heart says 28-14 Harlan but my mind says 35-17 highlands.
3wishes Wrote:HC beat Lee High, VA 40-14
HC beat Powell Valley, VA 36-7

If you notice in all their wins, they beat the opponents pretty bad and that is what good teams do. HC has a lot of struggles this season with injuries and to beat teams like they have this year with the amount of kids they lost for the season is remarkable. You have to remember it takes 1:45 minutes just to reach I-75 for HC, so getting to and finding games is very difficult, that is the reason they play a lot of VA schools, it is just a stones throw away.

Sounds like Highlands with the injuries. Still not over that hump.
We understand the scheduling difficulties better than most. Ft. Thomas literally overlooks Ohio, which means we normally have at least one Ohio team on the schedule, and possibly one from Indiana, though it's been a while. I had no idea what to make of the HC schedule. I'm only slightly familiar with the Kentucky teams, but I'm completely lost when it comes to Virginia teams.
HugyBear Wrote:The bluebirds are going to fill on friday night as if they were on home alone, after the fifthy animals get through with them. They will look like this guy getting hammered on this clip, lol
Looks to me like the Filthy animal got his guts blowed up! Jokes on you HB!:biggrin: That's Towles with the Tommy gun!:lmao:
Filthy Animal Wrote:Hehe... Thanks for the laugh!... Now go ask your grandmaw for another cool come back!... And next time have a pic!... LOL

GO BLACK BEARS !!!!!

There was supposed to be a bluebird in this picture, but he was gone before the camera powered up. He's celebrating another touchdown.
BTW
Zaga and 360 will be making another trip over the mountain for this one Wink
If anyone wants to meet us in Hazard let me know
May the Ghost of Tony Saylor haunt Tom Larkey! Just joking. I can't go against Harlan Co. this time.They did something special against Pulaski Co.:Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:BTW
Zaga and 360 will be making another trip over the mountain for this one Wink
If anyone wants to meet us in Hazard let me know

you,ll be on the harlan side right?:biggrin:hope to see you there you guy,s can hold up the life size larkey .wright in the middle of all of those momma bears.:Thumbs:
The bears send the bluebirds back north for an early winter..:Cheerlead :redboxer::1:
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: http://www.greater-yellowstone.com/graph...d-5760.jpg]

^ Pretty funny right there.
Boo Boo bear Wrote:you,ll be on the harlan side right?:biggrin:hope to see you there you guy,s can hold up the life size larkey .wright in the middle of all of those momma bears.:Thumbs:

I may make my way over there....
I've sat on the visitor's side and I've stood by the fence so far.
I'll be on your guys side with a Cubs shirt on this weekend Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I may make my way over there....
I've sat on the visitor's side and I've stood by the fence so far.
I'll be on your guys side with a Cubs shirt on this weekend Wink

I''ll believe that when I see it, sir.
Ballers Wrote:I''ll believe that when I see it, sir.

I'll wear it to work Friday.
You coming in?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Sounds like Highlands with the injuries. Still not over that hump.
We understand the scheduling difficulties better than most. Ft. Thomas literally overlooks Ohio, which means we normally have at least one Ohio team on the schedule, and possibly one from Indiana, though it's been a while. I had no idea what to make of the HC schedule. I'm only slightly familiar with the Kentucky teams, but I'm completely lost when it comes to Virginia teams.

Lee High finished 4-6. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/0Bt...l/home.htm

Powell Valley finished 5-6. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/WeA...hedule.htm

I don't think they represent the best of VA football. :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll wear it to work Friday.
You coming in?

Yup I'll be present..
I may go to this game, if I do I want to follow you and King.
Don't leave me or I'll get lost, lol.
Ballers Wrote:Yup I'll be present..
I may go to this game, if I do I want to follow you and King.
Don't leave me or I'll get lost, lol.

Sounds good.
You think they'll have a Cub's shirt at Hibbett's? lol
zaga_fan Wrote:[Image: http://www.greater-yellowstone.com/graph...d-5760.jpg]

That bear looks terrified.:biggrin:
This isn't a chat room folks... talk football!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This isn't a chat room folks... talk football!

Not a whole lot more that you can say about these teams that hasn't already been said. HC is a running team with big lines. Highlands is a fast throwing team. Should be similar to Highlands game last week with Johnson Central.

If you have more to add about these two teams football wise, feel free. I think at this point it is just fans playing their pre-game rituals.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This isn't a chat room folks... talk football!

Raining on parades....
raining on parades.
We were talking about going to the game referenced in the thread.
I don't see why ya gotta hate on us BCA:ChairHit:
Wideleft01 Wrote:Bell. We keep hearing Bell Bell Bell from Bell. No one thinks Bell is any good around NKY. Get out and play somebody during the year. Boyle beats Bell. Highlands is pretty banged up right now, but they win this game convincingly.

I live in Owen County so i not from Bell but i have seen them play and it the best d in the state
Hatz Wrote:Lee High finished 4-6. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/0Bt...l/home.htm

Powell Valley finished 5-6. http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/WeA...hedule.htm

I don't think they represent the best of VA football. :Thumbs:

No, I didn't either. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do when it comes time to make the schedule. And knowing the geographic realities of extreme SE KY, I'd imagine that there can be some pretty heated border wars in a situation like this. We've got one brewing with Cincinnati Elder.:rockon:
Temperature for Friday in Harlan Co. is High 39 and low 25, with rain early and then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Also, rain on Thursday.
Not familiar with the teams that Harlan played. But noticed not many of them had a winning record. The SOS favors Highlands by so much it's not even comparable. The arrogance by these HC fans is laughable.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next