Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
50.00%
Corbin
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 11/19 4A 3rd Round Playoffs
(11-18-2021, 10:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).
Yea them Baptist get rowdy over there.
(11-18-2021, 12:31 PM)Grumpy57 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 09:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile We definatley need to be able to stop the run this week Tongue

It’s either run left or run right what will impress me is if we tackle and tackle in open field

(11-18-2021, 11:12 AM)New2Town Wrote: I love watching both teams play, their community support.  I will say this after watching both teams play numerous times, Corbin needs to find some linebackers who will come up and hit you or else there season will end Friday.  Johnson better find some defensive backs or else their season will end Friday.  The key to both teams success will be within their respected defenses, and coaching staffs to make the needed adjustments.
If it’s anything like last years game you are gonna need more than linebackers your going to need DBs I watched it last year and I vaguely remember they mainly ran it outside not much up the middle. Is that the same plan this year???
That was because we stopped the middle run. And yes, I agree. Corner back, and safety’s are gonna decide if we play next week
Will this game be live streamed? I have to work Friday night. Want to watch it so bad.
(11-18-2021, 03:29 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: Will this game be live streamed? I have to work Friday night. Want to watch it so bad.

T107 Voice of the Redhounds (t1073.com)
(11-18-2021, 03:29 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: Will this game be live streamed? I have to work Friday night. Want to watch it so bad.

(11-18-2021, 03:53 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

T107 Voice of the Redhounds (t1073.com)
They’ve come a long way in the live stream. I had to watch the Christ game I think on it. It’s so much. Better than last season. Dont lag. Good quality. Used to be $5, but where playoffs are more expensive, it might be a little more. But we’ll worth it if you can’t make it. Ronnie does a great job commentating. Barnett cracks me up on there, he just says “yeah!” Then repeats what Ronnie says. But he’s a good guy. I wish they’d do a little more in game stats, but i completely realize that’s a tough job just for 3 people with everything else going on.

You know something I never figured out why they don’t do it. We got that expensive scoreboard. They use to do some hype videos and stuff on there. We have the cameras there, do some d@mn instant replays!!
Agree about it being much better. Ronnie and Jeff do a great job on the call. The quality is very good and it sure beats being out in 28 degree weather or whatever they're giving tomorrow night even if it is more than $5.
(11-18-2021, 04:07 PM)Corbin Wrote: Agree about it being much better. Ronnie and Jeff do a great job on the call. The quality is very good and it sure beats being out in 28 degree weather or whatever they're giving tomorrow night even if it is more than $5.
Shewww I don’t know, I’m a sucker for big game atmospheres!!

I know one thing!! The camera guy is either gonna earn his money, or piss a lot of people off. JC does a great job at concealing who has the ball. Several games I’ve watched, they’d be almost to the end zone and the camera would be back on another guy at the other end of the field.
(11-18-2021, 09:23 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Smile We definatley need to be able to stop the run this week Tongue

It’s either run left or run right what will impress me is if we tackle and tackle in open field

(11-18-2021, 11:12 AM)New2Town Wrote: I love watching both teams play, their community support.  I will say this after watching both teams play numerous times, Corbin needs to find some linebackers who will come up and hit you or else there season will end Friday.  Johnson better find some defensive backs or else their season will end Friday.  The key to both teams success will be within their respected defenses, and coaching staffs to make the needed adjustments.
If it’s anything like last years game you are gonna need more than linebackers your going to need DBs I watched it last year and I vaguely remember they mainly ran it outside not much up the middle. Is that the same plan this year???

You better believe it, just like Hoot said, they havn't changed a thing yet and why would they? You better believe what we saw last year will be most likely what we see again.
(11-18-2021, 04:14 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

You better believe it, just like Hoot said, they havn't changed a thing yet and why would they? You better believe what we saw last year will be most likely what we see again.
Minus Dylan Preston who was about 75% of our problem.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!, jax
Im glad were at home this week!

(11-18-2021, 04:41 PM)Gold River Wrote:

Nothing but respect for Mr. Matney from me and my house brother!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Gold River
(11-18-2021, 04:29 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

We don’t rebuild we reload, I’d take our backfield this year over last year any day. I guess you will see tomorrow night how explosive we are without that “75%”.
That’s good. We’re looking forward to see what your RB’s can do. We accept the challenge. You’re coming to our house now. Gods will we come out on fire. Welcome to the Dawg Pound. Pin your ears back because believe me were coming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sgt Slaughter's post:
  • Gold River

Better figure out how to tackle in the open field then if we wanna play next week
Im about to change my score prediction. Stay tuned.
(11-14-2021, 12:18 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-13-2021, 04:54 PM)64SUR Wrote: I would say defense win this one , but I don’t see it,  last team with the ball wins.  We want the ball first this year!!!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 35

update on my prediction defense is making some moves for this week game!!

Corbin 42
Johnson Central 28

Update- night before the Red storm 

Corbin 45
Johnsom Central 28
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-18-2021, 05:36 PM)Gold River Wrote:

We don’t rebuild we reload, I’d take our backfield this year over last year any day. I guess you will see tomorrow night how explosive we are without that “75%”.

Explosive diarrhea is all you're gonna have tomorrow night when the Hounds come out to feed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Iggyfan, Sgt Slaughter
I've gone back and forth on this game in the pick'em contest. One day it was Corbin, the next Johnson Central. I ended up taking Corbin because it's at Corbin and revenge for the previous season loss.

I will be listening to this game 98.9 WSIP on my simple radio app while watching my Rebels.

Good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game.
(11-18-2021, 06:51 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I've gone back and forth on this game in the pick'em contest.  One day it was Corbin, the next Johnson Central.  I ended up taking Corbin because it's at Corbin and revenge for the previous season loss.

I will be listening to this game 98.9  WSIP on my simple radio app while watching my Rebels.

Good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game.
Good Luck to Boyle!!!!! Take it easy on Scott!
(11-18-2021, 04:10 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 04:07 PM)Corbin Wrote: Agree about it being much better. Ronnie and Jeff do a great job on the call. The quality is very good and it sure beats being out in 28 degree weather or whatever they're giving tomorrow night even if it is more than $5.

I know one thing!! The camera guy is either gonna earn his money, or piss a lot of people off. JC does a great job at concealing who has the ball. Several games I’ve watched, they’d be almost to the end zone and the camera would be back on another guy at the other end of the field.
Oh don’t get me wrong, i love nothing more than a good cold football game. I’ll be there with bells on and glass cutters sticking out the top of my shirt. I just don’t like cold in general unless it’s for a game. This may be a 3rd round game but it’s got that thanksgiving weekend feel to it. The semi final games may not mean as much as being at Commonwealth Stadium but they are more fun. I think it’s where they are on campus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Bull got out!
This game is where Central will miss Matney on the sidelines. Matney was so good at keeping players heads in the game, and his play calling will be missed. Central will have to be laser focused, from the players to the coaching staff.

Central has not played a complete game yet, where everything is clicking… but Central has the horses to give Corbin huge problems.

Our QB is very smart, and doesn’t make mistakes, he doesn’t get rattled and he is a deceptively good runner. Our speed back is out for the season and would have been a huge difference maker.

Our all state tackle, Grant Bingham will be hard to handle, Corbin’s defense will get to meet him, and they better be ready. He will get down field and loves to say “hello” defensive backs.

As a Central fan, I have huge respect for Corbin’s program…I don’t know the outcome, but if Corbin wins, we will cheer you on… and I hope Corbin will do the same.
[-] The following 8 users Like German Eye's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, Diogenes, Gold River, Hoot Gibson, Patriot1, Sgt Slaughter, TD Hounds
Moodsetter

It’s worth repeating, it a shame this is a third round game. I still believe this game has the feel of a 21-20 type game. I could be way off. Either way, no injuries, please.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Gold River, Granny Bear, Sgt Slaughter
(11-18-2021, 06:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 05:36 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 12:31 PM)Grumpy57 Wrote: It’s either run left or run right what will impress me is if we tackle and tackle in open field

Explosive diarrhea is all you're gonna have tomorrow night when the Hounds come out to feed.
You’re a great man, Goodluck tommorow!
(11-18-2021, 09:47 PM)Old guy Wrote: It’s worth repeating, it a shame this is a third round game. I still believe this game has the feel of a 21-20 type game. I could be way off. Either way, no injuries, please.
I have that same feeling. Of course us winning. Lol Good luck and safe travels to JC fans.
(11-18-2021, 10:35 AM)jamesclay Wrote: There's a church with a good parking lot that is pretty close by. I always park there because I know my car is safe. The crime rate is pretty high, especially when Corbin loses (and they are going to).

laughs uncontrollably.
(11-18-2021, 07:58 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(11-18-2021, 04:10 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

Oh don’t get me wrong, i love nothing more than a good cold football game. I’ll be there with bells on and glass cutters sticking out the top of my shirt. I just don’t like cold in general unless it’s for a game. This may be a 3rd round game but it’s got that thanksgiving weekend feel to it. The semi final games may not mean as much as being at Commonwealth Stadium but they are more fun. I think it’s where they are on campus.
I love glass cutters.
Combs. Don't forget.
Who will Corbin play after they beat Franklin County in the next round?
(11-18-2021, 10:31 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Who will Corbin play after they beat Franklin County in the next round?

Smile Your a nut PJ.  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next