•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
The Big ONE 106.3 FM WRIL
21 hrs ·
Contrary to a report put out today, current and reported soon-to-be-former Southwestern Coach Larry French has NOT yet been hired as the head football coach at Middlesboro.

We have spoken directly to Superintendent Waylon Allen and he is NOT confirming a hire since the hire has not taken place. He has also told us he has received multiple calls in regard to this story.

While it is true that Mr. French is being considered for the job, that he has toured the school system and looked at real estate in the area, no contract has been signed as of this post.

Mr. Allen has expressed to us that Mr. French would be a good fit at Middlesboro. It is also noteworthy that at least one other school has been looking at hiring Mr. French.
Sounds like alot of stuff going on with French in Middlesboro that it is a matter of time until he signs. However, is he using this to get a larger offer from Whitley?
four quarters Wrote:Sounds like alot of stuff going on with French in Middlesboro that it is a matter of time until he signs. However, is he using this to get a larger offer from Whitley?

I'm not sure what's happening at Colonel Camp. I guess we'll find out soon.
four quarters Wrote:Sounds like alot of stuff going on with French in Middlesboro that it is a matter of time until he signs. However, is he using this to get a larger offer from Whitley?

Might be trying to get a higher offer from Pineville!
Has Great Crossing hired a football coach yet?
footballfever Wrote:Has Great Crossing hired a football coach yet?
Now THIS I could potentially see happening for David Jones. He still has good name recognition up in Lexington. The only issue would be regarding how many of the Scott County players would come over to Great Crossing? Once there's a threat to the Scott County program in terms of good players leaving for Great Crossing, I imagine this would become an issue for the coach. Will be interesting to see if Jones tries for that one, since I've heard absolutely zilch about Bourbon County since the rumors first surfaced.
footballfever Wrote:Has Great Crossing hired a football coach yet?

I thought LCA HC was taking that job?
Serious question for those from the Boro, what if French says no? All this time and effort, do they have a back up plan or will they continue down the list of most wins by active coaches? With those that have been contacted it is obvious what they are doing. Cudos to them, but what if?
If I’m a Middlesboro fan, I’m tickled to death that they are after the best they can get, and not playing politics
If someone other than the super doesn’t quit sending in false reports of Mr French taking the job we will be looking elsewhere... so stop sending in false reports if u don’t know what ur talking about.... obviously you r not someone in the know
Are you now on board with paying whatever it takes?
No, but ppl that don’t kno what is going on need to keep their mouth shut!!
90% of posts are false. 9% are BS the other 1% is undetermined. Then you have to figure out which category each posts fits under. If any coach is using this board to determine if they want a job then I sure as hell wouldn’t want them as my coach.
$11,800 is pretty good. Especially out of 13th region pay scale... Corbin and bell may be higher.
Fact is quit calling in false reports
I’m referring to those calling into Lexington and WYMT reporting French has taking Mboro job.
Be patient, it's not going to happen until after January 2nd.
Why/What are they waiting on? Is he already locked in or is he still waiting on the highest bidder?
four quarters Wrote:Why/What are they waiting on? Is he already locked in or is he still waiting on the highest bidder?
That I can't tell you however, for what its worth I think he will be the coach at Middlesboro. Unless something changes it wont be announced until after January 2nd.
A certain bell county fan (Middlesboro graduate) is telling people that’s it’s been down for 2 weeks nothing is done! 0% of a done deal... The school put out a statement saying he has not been hired and has not accepted the job! How much more you need?
I know Larry could care less about anything posted on here because he does not read anything on these sites. But, the notion that he is taking an offer from one school and then calling 3 or 4 others to give them a chance to match or up the offer is insulting. He may have received emails or calls from 2, 3 or 10 schools for that matter but he has only had serious discussions to my knowledge with 1 school. Let the man enjoy his Christmas with his family.
Make that 2 schools, why would these conversations cause him dissatisfaction if he were not being informed of them?
"SOMERSET, Ky. (WKYT) - Larry French is leaving Southwestern High School after five seasons.
Sources tell WKYT that French has been offered the head coaching position at Middlesboro. Yellowjackets coach Zach Massengill was fired at the end of the season.
During his tenure at Southwestern, French was 47-17, and led the Warriors to four region championship games. Southwestern never made it to the state semifinal round.
French informed his players on Tuesday of his resignation."

This is the quote from WYMT. It says nothing about French accepting the offer, but with him looking at homes and speaking with Allen it is obvious that he is considering it.

Personally, I hope he takes the position. It would give the Jackets a much needed boost in their athletic programs.
Some of your post are misleading. Some suggest he has taken it and is waiting till new year to announce. According to Super and AD , which I spoke directly, he has not accepted. He was going to give answers on 2 different occasions and according to them has extended that time twice now.
I'm sure Coach French knows what he wants and what's best for him. He will make his decision soon enough.
four quarters Wrote:Why/What are they waiting on? Is he already locked in or is he still waiting on the highest bidder?

You ask on the other thread about the previous Coach being an assistant, that is and was a main concern. It would not be a good move and an obstacle to overcome before getting started.
Relax folks, IF we hire Coach French, he’s has been doing this for 30 years plus. He will make all the right moves.
anybody heard anything official or any news or updates on coaching search
ESPN may know something like WYMT did before Middlesboro knows. Who knows Santa might bring the black and gold a coach.
Article in the Daily News today confirming the Superintendent is in talks with Coach French. Hopefully this will all be over soon.
Isn’t this what Coach French did not want.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next