Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Danville
47.22%
Mayfield
52.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville vs. Mayfield (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
I too would like it to be comfortable... but if youre going to drive all that way, and pay to watch... why not get a great game out if it!!! (as long as your team wins)
CS17 Wrote:I too would like it to be comfortable... but if youre going to drive all that way, and pay to watch... why not get a great game out if it!!! (as long as your team wins)

Hope the other games are great and you get that entertainment.

You always hope your team blows the other guy out! :biggrin::Thumbs:
Hoping the Cardinals come out and play the best game they have played all year, then let the chips fall as they may.
I was noticing the Ads have a few issues with kickoff coverage and punting. Somerset exploited some of that but, didn't finish the job.
Some further observations having spent more time with the film. Danville's d-line is really good. Danville likes to stack the box and have gotten away with playing man to man coverage by getting pressure to the quarterbacks. If MF's qbs have time to throw there is huge yardage to be had in the passing game. Running will be tough sledding as long as all those helmets are in the box. Danville's best players are the tight-end and the full-back. They are both excellent blockers. Yes, VC is great, but heck, I could run behind those guys. They do all the work and he gets all the credit.
Well, I think we will be able to run pretty well. I think our line play wins out on both sides of the ball.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I think we will be able to run pretty well. I think our line play wins out on both sides of the ball.

:happytear:
Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote::happytear:
Think this game will be decided by line play. Both teams have the weapons to score from anywhere on the field. Haven’t seen Danville play but I do know our line has won the line of scrimmage battle on both sides of the ball against OC and CAL. Guess we will see if they can whip Danville too. If they do make room for the 13th trophy in the trophy case.
Cardinals44 Wrote:Think this game will be decided by line play. Both teams have the weapons to score from anywhere on the field. Haven’t seen Danville play but I do know our line has won the line of scrimmage battle on both sides of the ball against OC and CAL. Guess we will see if they can whip Danville too. If they do make room for the 13th trophy in the trophy case.

if.
As much as I like Danville’s football team this year I think Mayfield is too much and wins by 10. Danville will have to play a very clean fundamental football game and not just rely on athleticism. With all that being said VC is an exceptional football player and they will need him to dominate this game.
pjdoug Wrote:if.

Yea, IF, every game is full of IF"S, every game.:redboxer:
rookie57 Wrote:Yea, IF, every game is full of IF"S, every game.:redboxer:

If you wear pj's and your name is Doug, you wouldn't know that. Because, you would be used to playing only on Xbox, where there is no if's.
Danville 10
Mayfield 1
[quote=Rebel55]Danville 10
Mayfield 1[/QUOTE
that would be a first.
Spent some time with some of the players this evening. I really like where they are at mentally. No worries MF fans, we got this.
Just hope they don't get too confident.
mysonis55 Wrote:Just hope they don't get too confident.

I don't think that will happen.
64SUR Wrote:This maybe the easiest pick in the state championship game. My money is on mayfield :Cheerlead

Mayfield 42
Danville 21

Nothing has change my mind about my prediction. Danville is going down just like Boyle County :phone: :phone: :phone:
rookie57 Wrote:I don't think that will happen.

He means their record will be 10 and 1 against us
Snakesnot Wrote:He means their record will be 10 and 1 against us

Well, either way, dont think it will happen.:dontthink
Getting close to time to see who is right. Is it the easterners, who all year have told us Mayfield brethren that the west was too weak? Or, is it yours truly, who all year has called this shot? So far, I'm right on which two teams would be here.
mysonis55 Wrote:Getting close to time to see who is right. Is it the easterners, who all year have told us Mayfield brethren that the west was too weak? Or, is it yours truly, who all year has called this shot? So far, I'm right on which two teams would be here.

I was 50% right I had mayfield and LCA :popcorn:
mysonis55 Wrote:If you wear pj's and your name is Doug, you wouldn't know that. Because, you would be used to playing only on Xbox, where there is no if's.

I hope you didn't strain your brain too much typing that lame comment. I've never owned an Xbox.
Watched Corbin vs Mayfield and watched Danville play Knox Central. Based solely off that, I will take Mayfield 28 to Danville 7
pjdoug Wrote:I hope you didn't strain your brain too much typing that lame comment. I've never owned an Xbox.

Well, I may not have the correct brand but, a gaming system non the less. If I strained it, it's fine after the rest.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I may not have the correct brand but, a gaming system non the less. If I strained it, it's fine after the rest.

:lame::zzz: is about all that deserves.
"If" Mayfield should lose 2 in a row, there's not enough counselors in Western Kentucky to help analyze what happened.
blue55 Wrote:"If" Mayfield should lose 2 in a row, there's not enough counselors in Western Kentucky to help analyze what happened.

Not true. Most Mayfield fans I've talked to consider this season a success regardless of what happens Sat. How many programs lose two legitimate Mr. Football candidates and make it back to state the following year? Would we love to get 13? Absolutely! But we will love our boys and be proud of them and this program if it doesn't happen this season.
blue55 Wrote:"If" Mayfield should lose 2 in a row, there's not enough counselors in Western Kentucky to help analyze what happened.

No worries

This bunch has done a great job win or lose.

A lose would sting but they have done a great job this season and if Danville is the better team, so be it. They will give 110% and that's all you can ask.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next