•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 10/17
[quote=Granny Bear]You would be surprised if a 40ish year old man owns a bicycle?? Hmmmmm, do YOU own a bicycle?? That's intriguing.

Did somebody say BICYCLE?!!!
panther nation Wrote:If Whitley can control woods they will win this game. He is a great athlete that you have to acount for at all times. If the pass isn't there he is going to run and he is very smart at when to tuck and when to chuck it.. If I was the black bears DC I would have a spy on him the entire game. Stop him you stop Whitley.

Forget that. Let's talk more about bicycles!
HDE Wrote:Not all of them were from somewhere else back then though, plus they didn't leave after one or two years. It's become a prep school/junior college.
High school sports are better, to me, any day of the week.

I agree with you but there are some Kentucky boys on the team.
panther nation Wrote:Hell GUT it wouldn't matter if big blue maddness wasn't going on this week or not. You aren't going to drive all the way from BG to watch Whitley play anyone. You wouldn't even do it when you lived in Corbin. Cause you know you wouldn't leave Harlan alive.....

Oh by the way you still suck!!!

I dont know about Gut,but if Whitley County has played there,then I have likely been there,and I've left Harlan alive many times.so watching Big Blue Madness oce a year doesn't mean I'm not a die-hard Colonels fan .I love the whole state of Kentucky:biggrin:
rojas Wrote:Forget that. Let's talk more about bicycles!

bicycle enthusiast?
The key for HC is to stop the Whitley QB, he scrambled good agaisnt rock and was hard to stop. Wasnt impressed with the defense but the Qb was good.
former Wrote:The key for HC is to stop the Whitley QB, he scrambled good agaisnt rock and was hard to stop. Wasnt impressed with the defense but the Qb was good.

are the receivers good too?
pjdoug Wrote:are the receivers good too?

Good enough but not like what pulaski has. The QB makes the WR good with his running ability
former Wrote:Good enough but not like what pulaski has. The QB makes the WR good with his running ability

the receivers still have to catch the ball don't they?Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:the receivers still have to catch the ball don't they?Confusednicker:

I would assume yes since that is what every WR is supposed to do, but some catch better or run better than others. Or all WRs would be D1 and whitley dont have any D1 WRs
former Wrote:I would assume yes since that is what every WR is supposed to do, but some catch better or run better than others. Or all WRs would be D1 and whitley dont have any D1 WRs

they have some very good receivers that are much better than you think they are unless Woods is doing like Elway and sticking it in their facemasks so they cant drop it :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:they have some very good receivers that are much better than you think they are unless Woods is doing like Elway and sticking it in their facemasks so they cant drop it :biglmao:

I didnt say they arent good, jsut not as good as pulaski or some teams i seen.

I would hope if a kid is a WR he can catch and run.
pjdoug Wrote:they have some very good receivers that are much better than you think they are unless Woods is doing like Elway and sticking it in their facemasks so they cant drop it :biglmao:
Confusednicker:
Emergency room afternoon
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Emergency room afternoon

:Wave:
Whitley big. I see Harlan Co losing out and losing their coach.
This is not near as bad as it could have been with the exception of people lying about where they are going to be who cares why tell us, it is what it is One team on the rise and one team on the fall, it is all about what we love so much FOOTBALL I pray that each Bear and each Colonel leaves the field with out being injured and each return to their home safe and proud of the effort they left on the field.
topnotch Wrote:This is not near as bad as it could have been with the exception of people lying about where they are going to be who cares why tell us, it is what it is One team on the rise and one team on the fall, it is all about what we love so much FOOTBALL I pray that each Bear and each Colonel leaves the field with out being injured and each return to their home safe and proud of the effort they left on the field.
I'm seriously gonna be in the mascot outfit. Booster should just run out on the field and tackle me Confusednicker: and I agree hope everyone goes home without injuries.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I'm seriously gonna be in the mascot outfit. Booster should just run out on the field and tackle me Confusednicker: and I agree hope everyone goes home without injuries.

even your self? you shouldn't give up your location Confusednicker:
former Wrote:The key for HC is to stop the Whitley QB, he scrambled good agaisnt rock and was hard to stop. Wasnt impressed with the defense but the Qb was good.

I would tend to agree. As Woods goes, the Colonels go. They do have some kids that can catch the ball, but I wouldn't call them great receivers. These receivers like the rest of the Colonels are getting better every week though.

As for the game, I think the up and coming Colonels pull out a much deserved victory over the Black Bears. WC 26 - HC 20.
topnotch Wrote:This is not near as bad as it could have been with the exception of people lying about where they are going to be who cares why tell us, it is what it is One team on the rise and one team on the fall, it is all about what we love so much FOOTBALL I pray that each Bear and each Colonel leaves the field with out being injured and each return to their home safe and proud of the effort they left on the field.

Emergency room afternoon.

Ain't that right bearpaw
Patriot Wrote:This seems suitable for some.

BLACK BEAR ENVY: is an emotion which occurs when a team lacks Harlan County's superior quality. This emotion is stirred by a feeling of discontent or a resentful longing for the success of Black Bear Football In serious cases it contains the desire to be relevant in Eastern Kentucky and also a feeling of covetousness with regard to everything that revolves around the Black Bears. It is created by a painful awareness that they are not Harlan County and never will be, A feeling of knowing your team is so obsolete that a Black Bear loss becomes more important than your teams victory. Black Bear envy is one of the most potent causes of unhappiness. Not only are others rendered unhappy by this envy, but they also wish to inflict misfortune on others. Often having to resort to cheering for other teams to fill the emptiness of mediocrity. Psychologist believe the root of Black Bear Envy lies deep in the mind of fans knowing their team may never see the success that Harlan County Football has and will continue to produce.

Very well said. Those hoping to see us fail are extremely jealous, whether it be the opponent or so called fans. Wanting to see a team lose so it will try to put pressure on the coach to throw 10 times a game or want a team to lose and fire the coach is so absurd. This isn't the NFL or even college. Our coach and coaches have done so much for our team, kids, county, and helped bring tradition together for a period when we brought 3 schools together.

The game hasn't passed our coaches by, it's still about blocking and tackling. It just so happens our kids are young, not experienced, hurt, sick, etc. we don't know if the coaches made adjustments or not, maybe the kids aren't good enough to overcome their youth and better teams. Maybe other teams adjusted to us also and maybe the kids keep doing it wrong, they are kids after all.

I would like to see more play action on 1st down.
Better pass defense
Better tackling and blocking
RBs run harder
A kicker for extra points
Here is to an injury free game and win at home.
Bear booster Wrote:Very well said. Those hoping to see us fail are extremely jealous, whether it be the opponent or so called fans. Wanting to see a team lose so it will try to put pressure on the coach to throw 10 times a game or want a team to lose and fire the coach is so absurd. This isn't the NFL or even college. Our coach and coaches have done so much for our team, kids, county, and helped bring tradition together for a period when we brought 3 schools together.

The game hasn't passed our coaches by, it's still about blocking and tackling. It just so happens our kids are young, not experienced, hurt, sick, etc. we don't know if the coaches made adjustments or not, maybe the kids aren't good enough to overcome their youth and better teams. Maybe other teams adjusted to us also and maybe the kids keep doing it wrong, they are kids after all.

Better pass defense
RBs run harder
Confusedtare:
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare:
My thoughts exactly. Bahahaha
Bear booster Wrote:Very well said. Those hoping to see us fail are extremely jealous, whether it be the opponent or so called fans. Wanting to see a team lose so it will try to put pressure on the coach to throw 10 times a game or want a team to lose and fire the coach is so absurd. This isn't the NFL or even college. Our coach and coaches have done so much for our team, kids, county, and helped bring tradition together for a period when we brought 3 schools together.

Better pass defense
RBs run harder
Go home you're drunk
Demarcus ware Wrote:Go home you're drunk
:hilarious:
There's no denying it was an amazing first six years — bringing together three programs that had struggled for quite a while and turning them into a final four team in 5A twice.
And hopefully we have a bright future as well!! I love my Black Bears, and want nothing but the best for them.

Don't forget, there's probably nobody else at the game that wants to win more than the kids who have worked diligently over the summer and during the off-season.

Have I agreed with all the coaching decisions? No. I don't agree with ANYBODY all the time!! Confusednicker: But they still have my support, respect and devotion.

Now, we need to band together and support what little schedule we have left to play!!

Go Black Bears!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:And hopefully we have a bright future as well!! I love my Black Bears, and want nothing but the best for them.

Don't forget, there's probably nobody else at the game that wants to win more than the kids who have worked diligently over the summer and during the off-season.

Have I agreed with all the coaching decisions? No. I don't agree with ANYBODY all the time!! Confusednicker: But they still have my support, respect and devotion.

Now, we need to band together and support what little schedule we have left to play!!

Go Black Bears!!!
one thing for sure is all kids that play deserve to win. a person that has never played wouldn't believe how much time and work a football player puts in.the blood sweat and tears thing you hear ain't cliche,it really happens.I'm not referring to your staff,but that's what gets agrravating is when you know you have as much talent as anybody and they put in all the hard work and the talent is wasted year after year after year because of something like politics or the administration refuses to change.

Better pass defense
RBs run harder
I was gonna let this madness go because I thought the black bear faithful was pounce on it but I can see they've all joined the politically correct world and lost the gonads it takes to stick up for the players. Unfortunately I haven't and won't join that world. But you come on here and slammed me for talking about the kids and then post this crap blaming them for everything? Do you just think they wake up knowing how to block and tackle? Who is it that's suppose to teach this to them?? That's right the coaches. Other teams do adjust its part of football, HC does not. To say the kids get it wrong every time is just insane..I've never cheered for the black bears to lose, but now I'll just say everyone gets what they ask for.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next