•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Recruits
SO King, hearing anything new??

Here's what I gathered from the guys twitter.

Ra'Shaad Samples-Took a pic in UK #10 jersey, seemed to embrace the publicity that comes with the BBN. Meshed well with Woulard, edged out his host Josh Clemons in a game of NCAA Football. Struggled finding good looking women but was saved by a couple of patrons & was out enjoying Tolly Ho on Saturday morning.
Asiantii Woulard-Also took a pic in a UK #2 jersey. Signed some autographs. Couldn't find a good looking woman in Lexington but saved by a private twitter handle UofKBoobs. LOL. Meshed well with Samples & seemed to enjoy himself.
Jason Hatcher-Didn't come to town until Saturday but stayed the night & was chatting with K/P Tanner Blain
Aregeros Turner-Quiet but his guest KennyThePharoah was having a blast
JoJo Kemp-Seemed excited to get there but was quiet after arriving
Jaleel Hytchye-Typical Jaleel was embracing BBN & recruiting the other guys
Blake McClain-Quiet but was sick during his visit
Antoine Miles-Seemed excited to get here & took a pic in UK #89 jersey otherwise quiet
Kyle Meadows-Committed during visit enough said
Boaz Joseph-Quiet but was tagged on visit with teammate Alex Montgomery
Alex Montgomery-Seemed impressed & excited by the Erruption Zone's player posters
Mikel Horton-Jacked about his visit, campus, & the bball game. Said best visit he's had & that UK was his front runner
Drew Barker-Father was his guest, & both seemed excited about UK bball locker room. Both seem to be UK fans. Was glad to see his friends, Patrick Towles & Jordan Swindle
Javess Blue-Seemed to embrace the BBN & was having a blast in Lexington on Friday. Blew up instagram with photos.

Alvonte Bell-Don't have his twitter handle, but hope he had a blast
Jaranta Lewis-Can't confirm or deny he was on campus, but doubt it as he had the Dade vs Broward All-Star game he played in on Friday afternoon
Alexander Twins-Can't confirm or deny they were on campus, don't have twitter handle
Deadrin Senat-See above
Stafon McCray was not on campus for a visit, he was visiting Utah State. Will be on campus next weekend.
Regie Meant-Can't confirm or deny he was on campus, don't have twitter handle. Was suppose to be at Iowa State.
James Clark (WR) was not on campus, was visiting Nebraska & has exhausted his 5 official visits.
James Clark (OLB) was on campus, but probably disappointed by confusing him with James Clark WR by the BBN.

However, hearing the Alexander brother's & Senat were not on campus but that all 3 will be present next weekend. I sure hope so. With this weekend's commitments of Peterson & Meadows, UK has moved into 49th in recruiting class.
In other news over the weekend, according to Rivals.com Stoops has let 3 Star WR Jevontey Smith from Greensboro, AL, know he no longer has a scholarship offer. It still list Smith as high on UK & his only other offer is from Middle Tennessee State. He's likely on his way to being a Blue Raider, good luck & God Bless to him. Just like with Jalen Battle, I wish nothing but the best for either & hope things work out for them. We may have a few more scholarship casualties.
haven't really heard anything other than that Lovell Peterson is good to go. Talked with Coach Stoops yesterday.
2014 OLB Greg Miclisse tweeted that he's visiting Kentucky in July for 3 Days. He only has two offers. UL Lafayette and UCONN

Drew Barker was at Rupp yesterday and he did get to meet with Coach Stoops and Coach Brown.
Asiantii Woulard leaving Lexington today, said he had a great time, the people were great & he loved it "out here".

Antoine Miles said we had the greatest fans.
I love that they are getting commitments from solid guys in the front seven on both sides of the ball. And again I am thrilled they are hitting the state of Ohio do hard. That is a place that I always thought Brooks and Joker conceded to easily as Big 10 territory.
FBALL Wrote:I love that they are getting commitments from solid guys in the front seven on both sides of the ball. And again I am thrilled they are hitting the state of Ohio do hard. That is a place that I always thought Brooks and Joker conceded to easily as Big 10 territory.

First & foremost, I don't think they had anyone on staff with a Ohio connection to pipeline anyone. Secondly, I think they knew their staff, program, & facilities couldn't compete with the big 10 schools for the Ohio kids.
None the less we are tapping a nearby resource that had previously remained untapped. I like it alot.
FBALL Wrote:None the less we are tapping a nearby resource that had previously remained untapped. I like it alot.

I agree, about time Ohio is a state we needed a pipeline to.

It appears, Stoops need to hire Lance Reed as his recruiting coordinator. Apparently he's the man for public relations at UK for football recruits.

Jason Hatcher tweeted out a pic of him & Coach Cal.

Antoine Miles said Kentucky was the most fun he's ever had.
From @RowlandRIVALS....Hatcher will be hosting UK coaches for an in home visit.
redhound93 Wrote:From @RowlandRIVALS....Hatcher will be hosting UK coaches for an in home visit.

He must have enjoyed himself.

Alexander Twins will not be on campus next weekend, they're visiting Mississippi State.

Regie Meant didn't take his trip to Iowa State, & was in fact on UK's campus this weekend.
From @RowlandRIVALS....JUCO WR Javess Blue has committed to UK
Rivals.com, reporting 3 Star WR JUCO Javess Blue has committed to UK. That's 3, 3 star players in as many days.
Word is that Wouldard, Miles and Turner are committing. Will update as soon as I get more info
What the hell is he waiting for....next Christmas?
J-Rod Wrote:What the hell is he waiting for....next Christmas?

He's waiting on Ohio St., but that ain't happening.:biglmao:
J-Rod Wrote:What the hell is he waiting for....next Christmas?

After speaking in PM's with SO King, coming to the conclusion likely not Timmons comments.

News on Timmons though, he didn't visit Ohio State yesterday & didn't visit UK.....officially but did take in the UK basketball game. Per his twitter.

Confirmed MacKenro Alexander was on campus without his brother MacKenzie. :Sad04:

Hatcher had this to say about his weekend, "I did not expect to see so much excitement around the program." Hatcher has planned an in home visit with the UK coaches later in the week.

Hearing more news to come as the night progresses.....Stay tuned
Jeff Badet received an offer from Iowa State

Asiantii Woulard visiting Clemson next weekend, doubt we're hearing any commitment news from him.
Woulard just tweeted that he's visiting Clemson next weekend
'Great trip' to UK pleases 2014 quarterback Barker

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Kentucky had some ground to make up with Drew Barker heading into his unofficial visit on Saturday. On that point, mission accomplished.

The four-star junior quarterback from Conner told Cats Illustrated last week that South Carolina had thoroughly impressed him to that point in the recruiting process. He also said that because the previous UK staff had not aggressively pursued him that he had basically written the Wildcats off.

But when Mark Stoops and his newly-assembled staff surveyed the Class of 2014 there was a consensus: Barker will be an important recruit.

Kentucky hasn't offered yet but offensive coordinator Neal Brown will stop by Conner in the week ahead and things will progress from there.

Barker, a lifelong Kentucky basketball fan, attended UK's game against Texas A&M on Saturday. Did Kentucky narrow the gap on the Gamecocks?

"Definitely," Barker said. "I went in with an open mind and got a feel for what they're like. I really liked them. A big part of my decision is going to be the people that I'm going to be around for the next four or five years."

Barker hopes to make his decision by late April so it was important for UK to make up ground quickly.

He did say that because he's so close to the school he could make frequent weekend trips, so Kentucky's coaches still could have plenty of opportunities to make their case.

On Saturday, Barker was able to spend some time with Mikel Horton, a good friend from the summer, as well as fellow Kentuckian Ryan Timmons.

"We got there a couple of hours early and I met with coach Brown and coach Stoops. I sat in the film room with coach Brown and he basically drew up some plays so I could get the idea of their concepts. He also showed us some film from Texas Tech, basically just to see what it looks like on the field.

"Basically (the offense) is very easy to learn but very hard to stop. There aren't very many plays. Well, there are, but compared to a traditional offense it's pretty simple. It's very effective."

Barker said he feels like he could thrive in the spread or a pro-style but because his offense operates exclusively out of the shotgun he would be especially comfortable in an offense like the one Brown is bringing in.

Stoops and another big figure at UK also had a message for Barker.

"Coach Stoops just told me to make sure I keep coming down and building a relationship with them," Barker said. "He really wants me at UK. I actually also got to talk to Mitch Barnhart, which was pretty cool.

"They just told me they'd really like to see me at Kentucky. They told me about all the renovation plans and told me in detail about that. I thought it was a great trip."

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1459503
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Kentucky visit even better than Kemp expected

Justin Rowland
Special to CatsIllustrated.com

Kentucky was already in good standing with Jojo Kemp prior to his official visit to the school this weekend.

The Deland (Fla.) all-purpose back, a near four-star prospect, was confident the trip would go very well. But what he experienced in Lexington over the weekend exceeded even his lofty expectations.

"It was great," Kemp said on Sunday from the airport. "Everything was good. It was better than what I expected."

The agenda for the weekend was similar to what prospects experience on officials anywhere: Tours of the school, tours of the facilities, meeting with the coaches.

Last week the 5-foot-10, 189-pound prospect told Cats Illustrated that his decision would come down, in large part, to whether he could see himself in a pro-style or a spread offense. That was an issue the coaches addressed thoroughly.

"The offense is great," Kemp said. "They run downhill which is what I like. Coach (Mark) Stoops told me not to worry about that stuff because he's going to get me the ball. He said as soon as I come in I'll be running with the ones."

Stoops and Chad Scott both will swing by Kemp's residence for an in-home visit this week. That's a sign of how highly the staff thinks of him.

Just a week ago Kemp was considering UK, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and South Florida. His list now consists of Kentucky, Pitt and West Virginia.

"Everybody's the same," Kemp said. "Them (Kentucky), Pitt and West Virginia are all even."

The nation's No. 10 all-purpose back does not have any more official visits set and he said he's unlikely to take any more trips.

He does not have a timetable for when he would like to make a decision but Kemp did say that he will evaluate things when he gets home.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1459502
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for posting for us none Rivals.com subscribers. Both positive & good reads.
Jason Hatcher just tweeted out a pic of erupption zone holding players' posters.

If I read the above article on Kemp correctly, he's no longer visiting Tennessee this coming weekend?? Does that mean he's down to UK & Pitt?? He had those along with Tennessee & USF in his final 4.
J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Spoke with Asiantii Woulard's father. #Clemson has not offered. Dad wants to turn page on Florida. Does not like how Joker's operating.

J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS
Joker spoke with Woulard's father. His dad asked him why he wasn't recruiting him at #UK. Joker's response: "He was committed & I know..."

"...the coaches at USF." Woulard's dad found that strange b/c coaches everywhere keep lines of comm. open. Sent Joker film & never responded

Joker also told Woulard's dad he wants to visit him @ school. Dad said UF has been slow-playing for months & getting old.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Thanks for posting for us none Rivals.com subscribers. Both positive & good reads.

You're welcome. I'll keep posting them as they come.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:J.Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Spoke with Asiantii Woulard's father. #Clemson has not offered. Dad wants to turn page on Florida. Does not like how Joker's operating.

Joker spoke with Woulard's father. His dad asked him why he wasn't recruiting him at #UK. Joker's response: "He was committed & I know..."

"...the coaches at USF." Woulard's dad found that strange b/c coaches everywhere keep lines of comm. open. Sent Joker film & never responded

Joker also told Woulard's dad he wants to visit him @ school. Dad said UF has been slow-playing for months & getting old.

Is it just me or does Joker seem slimy now?? I have such disdain & a bitterness toward him. Especially if the above is true. He's such a chicken, not to continue recruiting guys once they are committed. Are we playing checkers or trying to win in the most competitive league in the nation?? Could've kept your job maybe if you had any guts & gumption about you cheeseball. Oh no wait you couldn't, you're arena football league offense don't work in the real 100 yard field game.
Just heard that Hatcher is 90% likely to stay at Southern Cal.
Also heard that their will more than likely be NOT anymore news tonight
The Blue Blur Wrote:Jason Hatcher just tweeted out a pic of erupption zone holding players' posters.

If I read the above article on Kemp correctly, he's no longer visiting Tennessee this coming weekend?? Does that mean he's down to UK & Pitt?? He had those along with Tennessee & USF in his final 4.

You are correct. He has eliminated Tennessee and USF from his final choices.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:You are correct. He has eliminated Tennessee and USF from his final choices.

I like our chances then.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next