•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2011
He is the only QB that has played in a state semi game! That counts for a lot not to mention he got to play in 14 games this year. If he works as hard this year as he did last offseason there will be no competition.
I'm thinking "Right Here Right Now" needs to be the theme song for HC for 2011!
Patriot Wrote:He is the only QB that has played in a state semi game! That counts for a lot not to mention he got to play in 14 games this year. If he works as hard this year as he did last offseason there will be no competition.

:Thumbs:
bcpc Wrote:i think they have trouble being district champs much less, state champs

If they play like they did last year no one in the state in 5A will stop them..and I'm not a Harlan County fan.lol
I may have already said this, but just to be clear, I don't see any reason to think HC can't get to Bowling Green next year. Not saying it will ever be easy, but I'm on the wagon and being originally from the area, pretty excited.
Good Post! I think it's safe to say that every boy in the state hitting the weights right now has bowling green on their mind! If the Black Bears continue to grow in strength and knowledge I don't see why we don't have as good a chance as anyone!
Dungy Wrote:I may have already said this, but just to be clear, I don't see any reason to think HC can't get to Bowling Green next year. Not saying it will ever be easy, but I'm on the wagon and being originally from the area, pretty excited.

That's a "pressure cooker" statement.
We need a punter I wonder who will end up with that job? Im guessing thr freshman and jv punter didnt see much action. Its important!
HAT51 Wrote:That's a "pressure cooker" statement.

With Highlands gone from 5A, I honestly don't see any team that deserves to have their rings kissed, as Rex Ryan would say. It is wide open for whichever team wants it the most.
2011 Class 5A State Title? Much work between now and then just to contend and it will never be easy. The Black Bears will continue to work their hindends off and certainly will have it as their goal, as will many teams across the state. Who will go get it? I like my Black Bears chances. I am biased. Nevertheless, they will take it one game at a time with the biggest game of the year every week. Coach Larkey and Staff will do all they can do to have them prepared. If these young men ALL get on task and do ALL they can, it will be another exciting year and who knows, the Black Bears just may take it. Gotta love those Bears! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
Harlan County has a really good shot coming out of the east, but honestly, they could easily lose two games in the district and lose in the first round of there playoffs if there not careful. I think the east is wide open.
Who knows what will happen in this district? I've read that Whitley losses a lot, Perry returns quite a bit, Letcher is sure to rebound from last year, and Harlan County returns some skill players but we lost some o-linemen and leaders on defense. Luckily a lot of young kids saw some playing time. There was concern with the o-line before the season but I guess when your dealing with high school kids there's always concerns that's when good coaches make a difference.
Patriot Wrote:Good Post! I think it's safe to say that every boy in the state hitting the weights right now has bowling green on their mind! If the Black Bears continue to grow in strength and knowledge I don't see why we don't have as good a chance as anyone!

I agree!....Practice Hard!....Play Hard!...and Win Big!

GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!......We believe!!!!..:Cheerlead
Patriot Wrote:Who knows what will happen in this district? I've read that Whitley losses a lot, Perry returns quite a bit, Letcher is sure to rebound from last year, and Harlan County returns some skill players but we lost some o-linemen and leaders on defense. Luckily a lot of young kids saw some playing time. There was concern with the o-line before the season but I guess when your dealing with high school kids there's always concerns that's when good coaches make a difference.

Your right. This district is wide open next year. Harlan County returns some players like you said but they lost a lot as well to graduation.
Letcher was to quiet this year and i expect them to be much better next year. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see them win district.
Perry would have to be in the mix right now as well. I know what they lost, but they are also dangerous. They'll have to figure out how to stop and ground and pound team like HC and Whitley in order to win district though and quit being so soft.
Im a Whitley fan and know just as much about the program as anyone else. With that being said no I have NO IDEA what were going to put on the field next year. We will have to wait till spring practice before I get a better idea. A lot of spots are open for Whitley right now for kids to take.
It will be hard to replace what HC lost, especially Calton and Owens. They we leaders on defense they have been on the field for the Black Bears since day one. The others will be hard to replace but I think we have similar talent to replace them, it's the experience and leadership that we will have trouble replacing. This group set a good example hopefully it stuck with the ones still around.
Whitley lost their meat and will be rebuilding. Perry lost some key players but in general bring back the bulk minus some linemen. Letcher lost their key defensive player year before last(#4 who cant stand the Black Bears)and their Coach Hillard Howard, but Logan Johnson will return. LCC will still be trying to find themselves and Logan Johnson...hopes for protection. The Black Bears lost three offensive linemen and three defensive linemen that must be replaced. As Bear Paw said "right here right now" is the time. Get to work young men. Strength and footwork will be the key as to who will step in at those positions. Who is working on that right now? I gotta feeling....there will be many tough hardnosed young Black Bear men shooting for those positions. Some will be suited for offensive line and others for defensive line and if they are filthy enough.... Larkey and Staff will have the Black Bears chompin. Whitley will still be Whitley. LCC....has potential and may contend. Perry will be tough. All of these teams know what to expect from THE BLACK BEARS!! Gotta love those Bears! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
The Black Bears have Brock, Smith, and Chase Calton returning for the O-line and these three have experience and can make some blocks for the running game. Returning in the backfield is Mcmillian, Middleton, Chitwood, and a host of other hard running Bears. Last years starting QB returns and Caldwell and Long at wide out. Those open line positions will need filling and will be. There are several sophmores that have the capability and may outperform some upper classmen that will be looking for the starting position. There is also a freshman or two that may compete on the line openings as well, if they get to work. May, I say may. Defensively, I think the Bears will miss Calton, Owens, and Eldridge, but those positions will be filled by new FILTHY ANIMALS. The Black Bears will take it one game at a time, with the biggest game of the season being every week. The Black Bears will expect an all out war to come with every game, especially district games. The Black Bears will expect to win every one of them too! One game at a time! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
Good Luck Black Bears next season. LCC has been dissappointing so I will cheer you on as much as possible.
COUGARMAMA, Letcher County Central has a great deal of talent and a GREAT Middle School Program feeding them. The Black Bears will expect a huge battle from LCC and nothing less. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!
We lost a lot on defense, but we had a lot of freshmen get playing time Whithead stepped up bigtime, hopefully someone else will this year plus we get Tucker Lewis back! So all in all we should be alright with a new version of Filthy Animals.
Good base for an o line
False Hope Wrote:Good base for an o line

I love new members. Welcome to the board False Hope!!!! Hurry up football season. How much longer till Spring Practice??
Some 8th graders should be out for weightlifting, I wonder what the numbers look like?
I hope seeing some Black Bears sign to play in college will inspire the younger Bears.
I hear there's quite a few 8th graders who have joined the upperclassmen in the weight room. Great news! They have a lot of work to do. Kepp working hard Bears!!!!!! I'm anxious for Spring practice.
Patriot Wrote:Some 8th graders should be out for weightlifting, I wonder what the numbers look like?

45-50 8th graders is what one of the coaches told me. Few are playing baseball and not showed up yet.
Excited about the numbers, the 5A alignment, all of it. 169 days to Week 0 and opening kickoff for most teams.
Harlan Co. should be playing for a state title next year. They should not be really challenged in that district or region next year. They will be loaded at running back.
I look for Harlan to win the district easily...after that, its up to them!
Hyper Wrote:I look for Harlan to win the district easily...after that, its up to them!
Win the district easily? Nothing is easy in this sport. Better look at the other teams first and see what they have returning!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next