Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
27.00%
Highlands
73.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Highlands 11/20
Go EAGLES!!!!
Eagle_Fan442 Wrote:I dont agree. I think some people are going to be surprised come Friday Night.

The Johnson Central folk will be:Thumbs:.

I'm highly suprised by the voting of this thread. I have no problem if you voted for Johnson Central to win the game but at least have the vigor to come and post in the thread to defend your position. I respect some of the posters in here who did do that but the vast majority have not.

All-in-all, this should be a very good game friday night and I fully expect Highlands to win. However, they need to remember what happened last time they played them and learn from that. They were extremely fumble prone that night and if they are able to hold onto the ball they win handily. Same goes for this game. If Highlands is able to hold on to the ball and not give away turnovers, they should come away with the win. If they don't, things could get interesting...
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:If JC didn't use smoke and mirrors when communicating with opposing teams( i.e. game tapes), maybe they'd get alittle more respect from people in NKY. Nobody likes dirty business. No respect from this fan.

Have you actually seen the DVDs that were provided yourself? Or are you just parroting what you've heard? I mean, after your assurances that CovCath would easily handle Johnson Central, we all know about YOUR credibility.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Perhaps you would. However, are you sure that's what would be said by the mass of the Bluebird faithful? I know as a JC fan, that's what I, and about all of the JC fans would say, but are you confident that we would get respect, rather than excuses if it goes the other way? I'm kinda thinking probably not, based on the comments that have been made on here by some of your more vocal fans, especially since JC has given both Highlands and CovCath some very serious competition in their state championship run years. Not seeing a great deal of respect from some of those guys at the present, that I can see.

I'm really getting tired of the Rodney Dangerfield act out of Johnson Central. "We don't get NO respect". :please: Even Mateny uses it in his pregame /post game speeches. Your a winning program that makes it deep into the playoffs. Time to drop the no respect act.

And yes , as you, I can speak for the masses of Bluebird Faithful and am very confident that All would feel we were beat by the better team.:worthy:
brown_ind1977 Wrote:Look we all know who fort thomas is, but don't expect the eagles to come up there and hand you the trophy. Like matney says they will hit, hit, hit, all night long. In the end we will see what the out come is. Please don't think that these kids are so guttless that they are going to not try to win and be beaten before it starts. These kids want this real bad, and are very hungry! I look for this to be a better game than most expect. Win or lose, I am proud to be a fan of this great program that we have here in Johnson county Ky. Go eagles !!!

I don't know of a single Highlands fan that thinks the Eagles are just coming up here to hand us the trophy. We know that JC plays with a lot of heart and hits hard. We know they have very good players and coaches. If we beat JC it won't be due to a lack of effort from the JC players and coaches. And you should be very proud of the Eagles. After starting 0-4, some teams would have tanked. JC did not. It showed a lot about the character of the coaches and the players.
MonsterMan Wrote:It is almost game time and all the experts have commented on here. I think it boils down to the following:

JC does not have the featured power runner this year but has a much quicker backfield and a more mobile QB. They may have a bit more passing game than last year. Great running team that can break the big one.

Highland does not have the big arm at QB, but its running game is better and they have several weapons. Good solid defense.

I think it will be a great game, but now it is down to heart and pride. Football is a physical game, not a ballet, so I look for the team who can knock the other team off the ball to win. This one is going to surprise alot of fans!
If you don't know J J Jude, you will Friday. A great back, and I think just a sophomore if I am not mistaken.

kywldcat01 Wrote:So say Highlands does end up blowing JC out...what is going to be the excuse by all of you JC fans who think they're going to surprise Highlands?

I think regardless, the JC fans will take a win or a lose with pride.

Mr.Kimball Wrote:Perhaps you would. However, are you sure that's what would be said by the mass of the Bluebird faithful? I know as a JC fan, that's what I, and about all of the JC fans would say, but are you confident that we would get respect, rather than excuses if it goes the other way? I'm kinda thinking probably not, based on the comments that have been made on here by some of your more vocal fans, especially since JC has given both Highlands and CovCath some very serious competition in their state championship run years. Not seeing a great deal of respect from some of those guys at the present, that I can see.

I think as far as Cov Cath, they found out about JC, and to tell you the truth, Highlands knows they are in for a great game. This will not be a blowout in my opinion, but if it turns out to be, then I think they will take it with dignity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Diogenes Wrote:Have you actually seen the DVDs that were provided yourself? Or are you just parroting what you've heard? I mean, after your assurances that CovCath would easily handle Johnson Central, we all know about YOUR credibility.

Let's just say that Johnson Central has gained quite a reputation in NKY for the aforementioned reason......And in regards to Cov. Cath., they had a couple key kids out that game that would have influenced the outcome otherwise. With that said, my predictions are as solid as the Bluebird defense.
tradition Wrote:I'm really getting tired of the Rodney Dangerfield act out of Johnson Central. "We don't get NO respect". :please: Even Mateny uses it in his pregame /post game speeches. Your a winning program that makes it deep into the playoffs. Time to drop the no respect act.

And yes , as you, I can speak for the masses of Bluebird Faithful and am very confident that All would feel we were beat by the better team.:worthy:

Uh, have you not read the posts from some of your cohorts? What would you expect us to think? Even though we probably have something like a 7-2 record (or somewhere in that vicinity) record against northern Kentucky teams in the last 3 or 4 years,(with those only two losses coming from CovCath and Highlands state championship teams), it's still the same old nothern Kentucky (primarily HHS) fan statements that football is just on another level there than everywhere else. Would it be a fair statement to say that in the last 4 years or so , that if say hypotheticly Johnson Central played in your district, they have earned the right to say that would might just be the second best team in all of nothern Kentucky? Could that also might just make them the second best team in all of Kentucky, 5A wise too? Yet we hear the wackem type inferior comments every time we line up against one of your brethern.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Let's just say that Johnson Central has gained quite a reputation in NKY for the aforementioned reason......And in regards to Cov. Cath., they had a couple key kids out that game that would have influenced the outcome otherwise. With that said, my predictions are as solid as the Bluebird defense.

Gee, I think one could interpret that as some sort of an excuse, couldn't one?:biggrin:
tradition Wrote:I'm really getting tired of the Rodney Dangerfield act out of Johnson Central. "We don't get NO respect". :please: Even Mateny uses it in his pregame /post game speeches. Your a winning program that makes it deep into the playoffs. Time to drop the no respect act.

Bingo. Well stated. As mentioned in another thread, the "mountain mentality" seems to revolve around "us vs the world" and "we don't get respect". It gets a tad tiring. Just because someone predicts their team to win big doesn't mean they don't respect JC. It may mean from their analysis of both team's body of work so far, they expect Highlands to win by a lot of points. People in Ft. Thomas know that the JC kids will leave it all on the field. That's worthy of respect. In fact, that's the most important thing to respect regardless of the final score.

And if some JC folks want to go search the archives, I remember quite a few JC folks saying last year that they were going to kick Highlands tail by a large margin. It's a two way street. Some years, one team is considered to be a big favorite. Highlands is this year considered to be a big favorite by most "neutral" fans based on the posts I've read on here. Calpreps formula predicts a big Highlands win. So it's not all that unusual that some Highlands fans likewise predict a big Highlands win. But that's not being disrespectful at all. We've had matchups in the past when I thought we were going to lose by a lot. I sure as heck wasn't being disrespectful to my own program. I just looked at the teams and the match ups and felt Highlands could really take one on the chin. I knew that the Highlands kids would give it their all and play with a lot of heart, but I just didn't think they had the horses and overall team quality to keep it close.

This should be a great game, but I just wish the "you aren't giving us respect because you think you'll win big" stuff would stop. It's kind of silly in my opinion.

Finally any one that bases his or her opinion of a program or a program's fans on the posts made on any message board, looks really silly to me. There might be 15 Highlands posters on here. Some are expecting a blow out; some like me are not. But even if we all were expecting a blow out, we'd still represent a miniscule percentage of Highlands fans.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If you don't know J J Jude, you will Friday. A great back, and I think just a sophomore if I am not mistaken.

I think as far as Cov Cath, they found out about JC, and to tell you the truth, Highlands knows they are in for a great game. This will not be a blowout in my opinion, but if it turns out to be, then I think they will take it with dignity.

Highlands will make a statement tomorrow night in Ft. Thomas. Bring the will cuz the Birds have skill. JJ whatever won't know what hit em'. You're right, JC LOSES WITH PRIDE By the way, where in this quote does it say Cov cath wins easily? Who's credible now? "Cov. Cath. in a close game. Central can't hang"
charlie22 Wrote:Bingo. Well stated. As mentioned in another thread, the "mountain mentality" seems to revolve around "us vs the world" and "we don't get respect". It gets a tad tiring. Just because someone predicts their team to win big doesn't mean they don't respect JC. It may mean from their analysis of both team's body of work so far, they expect Highlands to win by a lot of points. People in Ft. Thomas know that the JC kids will leave it all on the field. That's worthy of respect. In fact, that's the most important thing to respect regardless of the final score.

And if some JC folks want to go search the archives, I remember quite a few JC folks saying last year that they were going to kick Highlands tail by a large margin. It's a two way street. Some years, one team is considered to be a big favorite. Highlands is this year considered to be a big favorite by most "neutral" fans based on the posts I've read on here. Calpreps formula predicts a big Highlands win. So it's not all that unusual that some Highlands fans likewise predict a big Highlands win. But that's not being disrespectful at all. We've had matchups in the past when I thought we were going to lose by a lot. I sure as heck wasn't being disrespectful to my own program. I just looked at the teams and the match ups and felt Highlands could really take one on the chin. I knew that the Highlands kids would give it their all and play with a lot of heart, but I just didn't think they had the horses and overall team quality to keep it close.

This should be a great game, but I just wish the "you aren't giving us respect because you think you'll win big" stuff would stop. It's kind of silly in my opinion.

Finally any one that bases his or her opinion of a program or a program's fans on the posts made on any message board, looks really silly to me. There might be 15 Highlands posters on here. Some are expecting a blow out; some like me are not. But even if we all were expecting a blow out, we'd still represent a miniscule percentage of Highlands fans.

Hey Chuck, your certainly not one of those that stand accused.:Thumbs:
BillyB Wrote:I'd come up Memorial. There is an elementary school festival on Highland Ave Friday night and it can get pretty crowded.

GOOD POINT! I forgot all about Santa House.
Diogenes Wrote:Have you actually seen the DVDs that were provided yourself? Or are you just parroting what you've heard? I mean, after your assurances that CovCath would easily handle Johnson Central, we all know about YOUR credibility.

Never once said that Cov. Cath would easily handle JC. My quote was "cov cath in a close one." Who's the discredited one?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If you don't know J J Jude, you will Friday. A great back, and I think just a sophomore if I am not mistaken.

You can not compare HHS and Cov Cath this year. HHS is head and shoulders better this year. If JC people are predicting beating HHS because of the way they played agianst Cov Cath, they are in for a rude awakening.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Perhaps you would. However, are you sure that's what would be said by the mass of the Bluebird faithful?

:please:Of course they would. Who would know football talent better than a Highlands fan. If you guys win, I'll be behind you all the way. Same as with Rockcastle a few years back. Why hold a grudge just because a team has proven themselves better on the field?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey Chuck, your certainly not one of those that stand accused.:Thumbs:

Chuck???? :eyeroll:

:biggrin:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Uh, have you not read the posts from some of your cohorts? What would you expect us to think? Even though we probably have something like a 7-2 record (or somewhere in that vicinity) record against northern Kentucky teams in the last 3 or 4 years,(with those only two losses coming from CovCath and Highlands state championship teams), it's still the same old nothern Kentucky (primarily HHS) fan statements that football is just on another level there than everywhere else. Would it be a fair statement to say that in the last 4 years or so , that if say hypotheticly Johnson Central played in your district, they have earned the right to say that would might just be the second best team in all of nothern Kentucky? Could that also might just make them the second best team in all of Kentucky, 5A wise too? Yet we hear the wackem type inferior comments every time we line up against one of your brethern.

You need to do what I've done: not take Whackem type inferior comments seriously. :Clap:

Seriously, no one should have seriously thought that CovCath had a chance to beat you. Having seen both teams live, there was no doubt that JC would win unless JC turned over the ball 5 times more than CovCath did. As I think I posted on this site (there are so many sites any more, I lose track of what I post and where), CovCath was very weak on the D line and outside linebackers, which is where JC attacks. And JC exploited that weakness brilliantly. CovCath had a weak defense and a poor offense. Not a good recipe for winning.

Keep in mind that probably less than 20% of the people posting on this site have even seen their upcoming opponent play this year. But since making a prediction doesn't cost any thing, people make outlandish predictions at times. My guess is that if BGR made every poster place $50 in a pot for each prediction made, and if that poster's prediction was wrong he/she would lose the $50, there would be a lot fewer predictions and a lot more reasonable ones. Which means that there would be a lot less posts too and that's not good for business as they say.

By the way, I obviously don't know yet about this year, but last year in my opinion JC would definitely have been the second best team in N. Ky and definitely was the second best team in 5A. Christian County and Bryan Station fans may disagree with me, but that's the way I feel.

Every thing is beautiful in its own way.
Can you dig it? Wrote::please:Of course they would. Who would know football talent better than a Highlands fan. If you guys win, I'll be behind you all the way. Same as with Rockcastle a few years back. Why hold a grudge just because a team has proven themselves better on the field?

Personaly I wouldn't, and I am glad that you (and from what your saying) other HHS posters wouldn't, but did you not just read the comment from Whackem Stackem making the excuses for CovCath, when they not only got beat, but were beaten soundly? Those are the type of comments I'm referring too. Why was it so hard to say great game JC, you dominated this one, I was wrong?
Stardust Wrote:Chuck???? :eyeroll:

:biggrin:

I prefer Charles, actually Sir Charles, but people can call me whatever they want to call me as long as they have a nice bourbon waiting for me when I get there. :biggrin:
charlie22 Wrote:I prefer Charles, actually Sir Charles, but people can call me whatever they want to call me as long as they have a nice bourbon waiting for me when I get there. :biggrin:

LOL :Thumbs:
charlie22 Wrote:You need to do what I've done: not take Whackem type inferior comments seriously. :Clap:

Seriously, no one should have seriously thought that CovCath had a chance to beat you. Having seen both teams live, there was no doubt that JC would win unless JC turned over the ball 5 times more than CovCath did. As I think I posted on this site (there are so many sites any more, I lose track of what I post and where), CovCath was very weak on the D line and outside linebackers, which is where JC attacks. And JC exploited that weakness brilliantly. CovCath had a weak defense and a poor offense. Not a good recipe for winning.

Keep in mind that probably less than 20% of the people posting on this site have even seen their upcoming opponent play this year. But since making a prediction doesn't cost any thing, people make outlandish predictions at times. My guess is that if BGR made every poster place $50 in a pot for each prediction made, and if that poster's prediction was wrong he/she would lose the $50, there would be a lot fewer predictions and a lot more reasonable ones. Which means that there would be a lot less posts too and that's not good for business as they say.

By the way, I obviously don't know yet about this year, but last year in my opinion JC would definitely have been the second best team in N. Ky and definitely was the second best team in 5A. Christian County and Bryan Station fans may disagree with me, but that's the way I feel.

Every thing is beautiful in its own way.
Ah you know me Chuck. I never take this stuff serious, to begin with. This is just the first time I've had a chance to get involved with this thread. Just throwing a few things out there.

Bryan Station fans would have no basis to disagree with you. JC beat them last year (for the 4th or 5th straight time) despite losing 7 fumbles in that game with their backup QB at the helm.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Personaly I wouldn't, and I am glad that you (and from what your saying) other HHS posters wouldn't, but did you not just read the comment from Whackem Stackem making the excuses for CovCath, when they not only got beat, but were beaten soundly? Those are the type of comments I'm referring too. Why was it so hard to say great game JC, you dominated this one, I was wrong?

I'm only stating a fact. Ask any kid on that Colonel team about what was going on off the field with that team and they'll back me up. How does Cov Cath in a close one disrespect JC. Quit your whining and Whackem' bashing. Chuck will jump on anything that is anti Whack b/c I called him out on the Dixie/ Ashland game. You guys need to get over yourselves and take it on the chin like a man. I know Stardust is watching so I hope I can keep it clean........
charlie22 Wrote:I prefer Charles, actually Sir Charles, but people can call me whatever they want to call me as long as they have a nice bourbon waiting for me when I get there. :biggrin:

lol.............duly noted, Sir Charles.

BTW, Chuck was complimentary. In my mind we had reached that stage.:biggrin:

I can accomodate you with a good cold glass of 2%. I have wholesale connections. Would that suffice?

Considering JC would be Highlands ONLY loss, IF they were to pull the upset, I'm fairly confident they'd receive a tremendous amount of respect.

I personally have said time after time that I respect JC and their program and what Matney is building down there. I don't, however, respect some of the JC fans on here. Don't get the two mixed up. There's a big difference.

Matman Wrote:If JC can limit turnovers and contain the deep passes they could win this. I believe JC will rush for 400 yards win or lose. But they have to limit turnovers.

Highlands hasn't given up over 400 yards all year...let alone 400 on the ground. I doubt very seriously that happens.
:yikes:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I'm only stating a fact. Ask any kid on that Colonel team about what was going on off the field with that team and they'll back me up. How does Cov Cath in a close one disrespect JC. Quit your whining and Whackem' bashing. Chuck will jump on anything that is anti Whack b/c I called him out on the Dixie/ Ashland game. You guys need to get over yourselves and take it on the chin like a man.

Has what to do with what happened on the field? Still an excuse on your part any way you look at it.

What would I take on the chin anyways. We won!!!!! And won big.:yikes:
Mr.Kimball Wrote::yikes:

Has what to do with what happened on the field? Still an excuse on your part any way you look at it.

What would I take on the chin anyways. We won!!!!! And won big.:yikes:

You'll never know.....:dontthink
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:You'll never know.....:dontthink

Perhaps I wont, but what team anywhere has obstacles that dont have to be overcome sometime throughout the season? I can tell you for sure that JC did.
Keyword here is.....did.
kywldcat01 Wrote:So say Highlands does end up blowing JC out...what is going to be the excuse by all of you JC fans who think they're going to surprise Highlands?

If Highlands were to blow JC out we would say we were beat by a good Highlands team, not happened yet. And we would also say we have most of the kids back next year and say see you next year, you know we are gonna get ya!
Please grace me with your expertise Mr. Kimbo and grant me a final score prediction. I promise I won't use it against you on Saturday morning:eyeroll::lmao::redboxer:
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next