•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 25 Bell County 21
I have to disagree with the last one. Boyles def shut down the best running game anywhere. Bottom line.
hwy 58 Wrote:There are some of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on here in my entire time visiting this forum. Here are observations from the game. Never heard such crying about kids with air horns.

1. Dawson very good player and active, not the great speed I had expected. If you have offers from Alabama etc... you should dominate this game. He didn't.

2. Boyle is not better than previous two years. If Bell had given field position last two years that they gave Boyle Friday night last two years wouldn't have been close.

3. Worst game Bell has played in two years and only lost by 4.

4. Total yards was even with Boyle running approx. 20 more plays so why do we keep saying how dominant Boyles defense was? Very good not any better than Bell's.

1. Alabama did not offer Lamar.

2. Does not matter to me if we are better than last year or not. We are in the State Championship game and that is all that matters.

3. There is no excuse for Bell County to not be ready for Boyle last Friday. Just maybe Boyle had a role in Bell not playing very good. A 1 point or 50 point loss, is still a loss in my book.

4. Boyle's and Bell's D are both very good. Who has the best D means nothing. It's the scoreboard that determines the winner and Boyle won that battle. Game over!
hwy 58 Wrote:There are some of the most stunning posts I have ever read on here in my entire time visiting this forum. Here are observations from the game. Never heard such crying about kids with air horns.

1. Dawson very good player and active, not the great speed I had expected. If you have offers from Alabama etc... you should dominate this game. He didn't.

2. Boyle is not better than previous two years. If Bell had given field position last two years that they gave Boyle Friday night last two years wouldn't have been close.

4. Total yards was even with Boyle running approx. 20 more plays so why do we keep saying how dominant Boyles defense was? Very good not any better than Bell's.

They were four points better than Bell County. Bottom line.
Sounds like Bell is trying to say we are better, just had a bad game. Doesn't work in the playoffs. Friday night Boyle was better and that is all that matters. They play this weekend.
When was the last time Bell County was held to 78 rushing yards on 19 attemps? Over half came on a 45 yard run late in the 4th. quarter.

Nice article on Boyle's D against Bell.
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...8726.story

"Boyle held Bell’s Cory Davenport to just 66 yards rushing, but 45 of those came on a fourth-quarter run, and harassed quarterback Ben Madon into an 11-for-23 game for 183 yards and an interception. Bell was held 141 yards and 28 points under its average."

"Bell coach Dudley Hilton thought both defenses, and a muddy field, stopped both offenses. But he thought Boyle had as much to do with it as anything."

hwy 58 Wrote:There are some of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on here in my entire time visiting this forum. Here are observations from the game. Never heard such crying about kids with air horns.

Not kids with airhorns, adults with airhorns. By the way it's illegal to simulate a snap count. The defense can't do it, the sideline can't do it and a bunch of adults who don't have enough faith in their team to get the job done on the field certainly can't do it. It's against the rules. Pretty sure allowing adults to shove a player who goes out of bounds is also not allowed.

Bell has too much good football being played to let a handful of classless people make them look so bad. Don't let your tradition being built be tarnished by cheap tricks.

1. I asked if Lamar was sick or something and still haven't received an answer. Definitely not one of his better performances but we proved we are more than Lamar Dawson.

2. It's not about being better than the last two years. It's about being better than everyone in 4A this year.

3. Our worst game we played came 2 years ago and we only lost that one by 2. What is your point? A loss is a loss no matter how you chop it up.

4. Again....what difference does it make. Our defense was better than Bell's on Friday and we are playing in BG this Friday.

Good luck in 3A next year.

Deuces.:Thumbs:
Rebel55 Wrote:When was the last time Bell County was held to 78 rushing yards on 19 attemps? Over half came on a 45 yard run late in the 4th. quarter.

[/I]

I'd say in 2006 when Rockcastle County shut them out in the 2nd round of the playoffs, 13-0. If I remember correctly they had less than 30 yards rushing, however, they passed the ball 54 times that game.

Boyle's defense got Bell off the field more often than Bell did Boyle's. How hard a concept is that to grasp? :HitWall:

As to Lamar, I believe he had 10 tackles while not playing like "you" thought he should. If he's not "all that" then I guess the #1 team in America (Oregon) is wasting their time flying him out to their game a few weeks ago. :yawn:

Finally, Boyle's worse game was 6 turnovers vs. Bell and still had a chance with seconds left in a 2 point loss. As great a run as the Bobcats have had these last three years, Boyle has done the same with a tougher overall schedule this year. :Thumbs:
Rebel55 Wrote:When was the last time Bell County was held to 78 rushing yards on 19 attemps? Over half came on a 45 yard run late in the 4th. quarter.

Nice article on Boyle's D against Bell.
http://www.centralkynews.com/amnews/spor...8726.story

"Boyle held Bell’s Cory Davenport to just 66 yards rushing, but 45 of those came on a fourth-quarter run, and harassed quarterback Ben Madon into an 11-for-23 game for 183 yards and an interception. Bell was held 141 yards and 28 points under its average."

"Bell coach Dudley Hilton thought both defenses, and a muddy field, stopped both offenses. But he thought Boyle had as much to do with it as anything."

According to last year's staff, Boyle held Bell to 79 yards rushing in last years game. Hmmm. Guess it isn't a fluke, huh? :biggrin:
Hatz Wrote:According to last year's staff, Boyle held Bell to 79 yards rushing in last years game. Hmmm. Guess it isn't a fluke, huh? :biggrin:

I don't think they ran well in 2008 either. In 2008 their passing game hurt us. Not the run.
Sounds to me like Bell stayed as far away from the big linebacker as possible. Bell didn't run the ball up the middle but a couple of plays and only threw over the middle once or twice, you can't expect him to make a play on the fade route or the post, that's not assignment D. With that being said I'm sure it's not the first team that has tried every way in the world to avoid him I'm pretty impressed with the other linebackers play especially number 10. What year is he and does he have anyone interested?
DDP5 Wrote:Sounds to me like Bell stayed as far away from the big linebacker as possible. Bell didn't run the ball up the middle but a couple of plays and only threw over the middle once or twice, you can't expect him to make a play on the fade route or the post, that's not assignment D. With that being said I'm sure it's not the first team that has tried every way in the world to avoid him I'm pretty impressed with the other linebackers play especially number 10. What year is he and does he have anyone interested?

His name is Zach Hester,he is a junior.hes coach Hesters son.one heck of a ball player.
About the press box situation.. Bell fans told me that the bell coaching staff wasnt aloud in the press box last year @ Boyle Co. Which is the reason the Bell principal wouldnt allow boyle in the press box friday night.

About the schedule bell schedule is soft, they had the chance to play aloca this year and wouldnt so they could keep a perfect record. i believe dudley is more worried about all time win's then state titles and making the team better
devildawh20 Wrote:About the press box situation.. Bell fans told me that the bell coaching staff wasnt aloud in the press box last year @ Boyle Co. Which is the reason the Bell principal wouldnt allow boyle in the press box friday night.

About the schedule bell schedule is soft, they had the chance to play aloca this year and wouldnt so they could keep a perfect record. i believe dudley is more worried about all time win's then state titles and making the team better

Bell wasn't allowed in the press box last year at Boyle because Boyle wasn't allowed in the press box at Bell in 2008. Sounds like a game of press box do si do.:popcorn:

Alcoa was in a bowl game in Middlesboro this year and last year weren't they? They played Bell last year so they'd play Middlesboro this year, correct?
Whatever happened to the hestersmaniacs10 poster? He was funny.
Great atmosphere. Great game. I, also, don't like the fans on the field simulating the snap count with the air horns. You CANNOT do this, it's against the rules, and the refs shoulda stopped it. We played through it. It's over. We won. Let's move on...

Don't start with the turnover bit. We had 6 of them in '08, but that didnt make a difference to the Bell faithful because they got the win. So, I don't care if Bell had 0 turnovers Friday night or 10 of them, because Boyle got the win. Let's move on...

The pressbox issue started with Bell in '08. Looks like it finished with Bell in '10. I think it's a classless, unsportsmanlike issue. The coaches got the right calls made from our stands and we won the game. Let's move on...

All in all, it was a great game with some great play-calling by both sides. Thought it was officiated pretty good, not great, but good. The best team won...IMHO. Boyle gets to move on to the State Finals. So, let's move on...
devildawh20 Wrote:About the press box situation.. Bell fans told me that the bell coaching staff wasnt aloud in the press box last year @ Boyle Co. Which is the reason the Bell principal wouldnt allow boyle in the press box friday night.

Not true! Boyle was wanting to after what happened in 2008 by telling the Boyle coaches to stand up top in the stands, but later thought that they (Boyle) would not stoop that low and allowed them (Bell) in our press box. Ask the Bobcat coaches they will tell you that they where IN OUR PRESS BOX during the game. I even watched on the Bell website the first half of the 2009 game, you could hear the Bell coaches talking along with the Bell radio and video announcers. This all took place inside the Boyle press box.

The only thing Boyle would not allow was for Bell County to setup their blow up helmet on our field.
I have to give props to most of the Bell Fans the ones that were posting before the game and most of the season have remained very classy and I haven't seen any of them post any excuses. Most of the excuses are coming from ones I can't remember seeing any post from before. I could very easily be wrong but I refuse to go back and read through all 300 and something post from this thread and the pregame thread.

I had a feeling #10 was Hesters boy, are there any colleges looking at him so far?
Middlesboro changed head coaches this year and offered bell county the game vs alcoa. As for 2008 and the press box I do not know about. All i know is what bell fans at the game told me. we was sitting just below the press box and was next to the sherrifs when they was called to kick boyle county out of it. I thought it was stupid. If you say your the best then why not play the best and act like the best.. It just gave me another reason not to like the bobcats. Bell County schedule is always soft. They beat up on mountain teams who run the ball and with bell's size they always shut the run down. When it comes state semi's time bell plays the northern schools which has the same size, as much if not more talent ,and can spread the field. Boyle County hit bell right in the mouth from the get go and the bobcats didnt know how to respond. Boyle county played a better game and coached the better game. Turnovers can not be the excuss for why they lost. most of them where unforced and came from bell county seniors.
devildawh20 Wrote:Middlesboro changed head coaches this year and offered bell county the game vs alcoa. As for 2008 and the press box I do not know about. All i know is what bell fans at the game told me. we was sitting just below the press box and was next to the sherrifs when they was called to kick boyle county out of it. I thought it was stupid. If you say your the best then why not play the best and act like the best.. It just gave me another reason not to like the bobcats. Bell County schedule is always soft. They beat up on mountain teams who run the ball and with bell's size they always shut the run down. When it comes state semi's time bell plays the northern schools which has the same size, as much if not more talent ,and can spread the field. Boyle County hit bell right in the mouth from the get go and the bobcats didnt know how to respond. Boyle county played a better game and coached the better game. Turnovers can not be the excuss for why they lost. most of them where unforced and came from bell county seniors.

Well said.:Thumbs:
devildawh20 Wrote:Middlesboro changed head coaches this year and offered bell county the game vs alcoa. As for 2008 and the press box I do not know about. All i know is what bell fans at the game told me. we was sitting just below the press box and was next to the sherrifs when they was called to kick boyle county out of it. I thought it was stupid. If you say your the best then why not play the best and act like the best.. It just gave me another reason not to like the bobcats. Bell County schedule is always soft. They beat up on mountain teams who run the ball and with bell's size they always shut the run down. When it comes state semi's time bell plays the northern schools which has the same size, as much if not more talent ,and can spread the field. Boyle County hit bell right in the mouth from the get go and the bobcats didnt know how to respond. Boyle county played a better game and coached the better game. Turnovers can not be the excuss for why they lost. most of them where unforced and came from bell county seniors.

I agree:thanks:

Wrong The Bell coaching staff was allowed in the press box at Boyle for the 2009 game. Not only was the coaching staff there, they decided to share the space with radio as well as a political figure head from Eastern Kentucky whose name slips my memory. After the space inside the press box was filled shoulder to shoulder Bells film crew decided to set up in the EXIT aisle of stadium seating Which by the way was not allowed to happen. Bell may take over some venues and intimidate some but rest assured we Boyle fans back down from no one. Good luck Dudley getting the win you need in the 2010 season and good luck in 3A. We like keeping score here in the REBEL Nation with the score the Coach French 2 Dud1. :Thumbs:
Agreed.:Thumbs:
Congrats to Boyle. I listen to the game and was very supprised at the outcome. I thought that Bell would win. I have to agree with the fact of the people in the endzone. I LOVe people supporting there team however, standing right on the field, yelling at the players and blowing air horns should be detoured. It is very unsportsman like. The only other place I seen this happen was at LC last year in the play offs. I think if you keep it up there could be problems in the future. They can stand in the endzone but they need to be backed up about 5 yards. Making noise and cheering for your team is a lot different than taunting the players that close on the field. This is what I observed at the KNOX game the week before. When KC was backed up to the endzone they where taunting the players.
devildawh20 Wrote:About the press box situation.. Bell fans told me that the bell coaching staff wasnt aloud in the press box last year @ Boyle Co. Which is the reason the Bell principal wouldnt allow boyle in the press box friday night.About the schedule bell schedule is soft, they had the chance to play aloca this year and wouldnt so they could keep a perfect record. i believe dudley is more worried about all time win's then state titles and making the team better

KNOX coaches did not set in the press box either. Now I don't know if that was by choice or not.
walkm0ke Wrote:Cox is the best running back on the team period...and should get the most carries. Must have some reason not to use him more. Also, why isn't the kid from FL getting some time. He's a stud as well.

Cox is always the first one down the field on kickoffs...the 32 kid leaves him 10 -15 yds behind....that boy fast....can't wait till next yr to see him play
Congrats to Boyle
Im back. Hard to talk about this game. The boys are devastated over it. Especially with all the turnovers.

Some hit the weight room yesterday getting ready for next year. They are pretty excited about 3A getting to play Corbin for District now and Middlesboro again. Thats the 2 games they are looking forward too the most. The Bowl game in Lexington will be fun as well.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im back. Hard to talk about this game. The boys are devastated over it. Especially with all the turnovers.

Some hit the weight room yesterday getting ready for next year. They are pretty excited about 3A getting to play Corbin for District now and Middlesboro again. Thats the 2 games they are looking forward too the most. The Bowl game in Lexington will be fun as well.

OMG,u 4 real....unless Bell plays a tough schedule,they will always wonder....what if....seems like Bell only wants wins.....play great teams lose some lose close,win some.....I'd rather lose by 10-20 pts to a great team to win 50 -60- pts to a cut rate team...thats been Bells downfall..only Hilton would schedule that.....REAL MEN PLAY ON GRASS!!!!....WELL REAL MEN DO AND THEY WIN...
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next