•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Middlesboro job open?
So you are saying a head coach and one assistant is a great offer ? That means you have to use previous asst. that was at the place and obviously didn't do their job or the head coach wouldn't have been fired. I know the head coach is mainly responsible but anyone in the know, knows that you are only as strong as your weakest assistant. It will be hard coming in and telling those assistants that what you have done the last five years or so was crap and we are going to do it my way. Do you think that is a good situation?
Its not a bad offer to get one assisstant coach and inschool weight lifting, but you still need at least one more guy who knows the system of the Head Coach to be successful. But you know that anyone who gets the job will not get full control of what he wants to do under the Middlesboro authority. And Middlesboro has plenty of money to do its dealings with. They could afford to allow a few more hires for assisstants with the help of local "businesses".
I agree that isn't a bad offer, but not a great one. I know the economy is bad but I have never heard of Middlesboro having a hard time makings ends meet. I would think all the interviews are done. Wonder how long it will be before we hear anything? I hate to say it but I would love to see Middlesboro rebuild and be a powerhouse again.
:eek: How could you say that attack the V? I thought I saw you were a Bell County guy? Man those are dangerous words, if I were a Bell County fan I would smack you. :ChairHit:
BTW, all the Middlesboro faithfuls, whats the interview situation like right now?
well i am a bell county fan and i agree with attackthev. until the mountain teams stop squabbling over the crumbs of lexington, louisville and NKY teams we will never be considered anything in the state. all i see on these boards are who the best mountain... whatever and while that is fine to a point i think we need to get away from just being concerned about if we can beat the team down the road or in the next county and try to have the best teams in the state. when bell plays middlesboro or any other team of course i cheer for bell but nothing would be better than going to WKU and see 2, 3 or even 4 teams from the region bringing home trophies.

now that i am off of my soap box i will say good luck to middlesboro in their selection of a coach.
Generals2010 Wrote::eek: How could you say that attack the V? I thought I saw you were a Bell County guy? Man those are dangerous words, if I were a Bell County fan I would smack you. :ChairHit:

Middlesboro is nothing to me we use to spank them, In 4 years we (Bell) never lost to them. The First two years it was close. The next two years they quit at half time and we gave them a goose egg the next year. Now if I were to say that about Corbin then I would smack myself.:moon:
attacktheV Wrote:Middlesboro is nothing to me we use to spank them, In 4 years we (Bell) never lost to them. The First two years it was close. The next two years they quit at half time and we gave them a goose egg the next year. Now if I were to say that about Corbin then I would smack myself.:moon:

Why do the Bell Co. people hate Corbin so badly? The folks at Corbin don't seem to me to feel the same way for the most part about Bell Co. Sorry about getting off track as I guess this should have it's own thread, it just really confuses me.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Why do the Bell Co. people hate Corbin so badly? The folks at Corbin don't seem to me to feel the same way for the most part about Bell Co. Sorry about getting off track as I guess this should have it's own thread, it just really confuses me.

It is called a RIVALRY. Plain and simple. Just like there is no crying in baseball; there is no love in football. :beavis:
i also think alot of the reason behind the dislike of corbin by bell comes from before coach hilton arrived and his first few years. Bell was so bad that they never could beat either middlesboro or corbin (who in the region had the most tradition and history). when hilton came to bell those teams were the team goals to beat. i remember talking to coach hilton and he still remembered the first time that he beat both teams (and this was ten years after those wins). they were considered milestone moments for the bell program. why corbin is still considered the enemy more than middlesboro is because they are still successful in the region and there is always talk that the games could still be competitive.

i have heard recently (within the past year) form some "supporters" that corbin could beat bell but bell doesnt want to play them because hilton is afraid they would get beat. was this a corbin fan? who knows. could corbin beat bell? i am not sure, but i know that hilton is not afraid to play them.

i think that the dislike by many bell fans will go on for a while with corbin.
johnnyt Wrote:i also think alot of the reason behind the dislike of corbin by bell comes from before coach hilton arrived and his first few years. Bell was so bad that they never could beat either middlesboro or corbin (who in the region had the most tradition and history). when hilton came to bell those teams were the team goals to beat. i remember talking to coach hilton and he still remembered the first time that he beat both teams (and this was ten years after those wins). they were considered milestone moments for the bell program. why corbin is still considered the enemy more than middlesboro is because they are still successful in the region and there is always talk that the games could still be competitive.

i have heard recently (within the past year) form some "supporters" that corbin could beat bell but bell doesnt want to play them because hilton is afraid they would get beat. was this a corbin fan? who knows. could corbin beat bell? i am not sure, but i know that hilton is not afraid to play them.

i think that the dislike by many bell fans will go on for a while with corbin.

I'm sure that Coach Hilton is not afraid to play Corbin and I don't believe any Corbin fans think that either. I think that Hilton has grown to dislike Corbin very much since Coach Jewell dropped them from the schedule and maybe that has fueled the fire for the hate from the good people from Bell Co. I even heard that the younger Hilton threatened to whip Coach P. after the regional tournament basketball game, so there are obviously some very hard feelings.
They may very well be in the same class starting next year, which may put them in the same district unless the KHSAA ships Corbin to the west again.
It would be nice to see either of Middlesboro or Corbin to schedule Bell to play in regular season. But I think it will never happen unless there is a change in class or for Middlesboro's case a coach who isn't scared!Confusedinglepar
well last year on wymt mountain top 10 web page a person who claimed to be a corbin fan said that. he it was about the first month of the season when bell was beaten by alcoa and had a close game against marion county. i am sure that is not popular opinion, but when you have people out there saying things like that its hard to let old grudges go. i dont doubt there is some animosity between bell, middlesboro and corbin from each side, but i have gotten us off topic of this thread.

does anyone have an update with the job search?
attacktheV Wrote:So you are saying a head coach and one assistant is a great offer ? That means you have to use previous asst. that was at the place and obviously didn't do their job or the head coach wouldn't have been fired. I know the head coach is mainly responsible but anyone in the know, knows that you are only as strong as your weakest assistant. It will be hard coming in and telling those assistants that what you have done the last five years or so was crap and we are going to do it my way. Do you think that is a good situation?

A lot of previous assistants in a losing program can be of great help. Most of the time they haven't been given the proper responsibilities or guided in the right direction. If you have those loyal to the former head coach, then they are the ones you don't need.
Sorry been away for a while. Talk to someone very close to the situation today and here are your top 2 choices for the Job.

#1 Jay Cobb
#2 Randy Frazure
Randy Frazier is the real deal! If we are fortunate enough to get him, our program will be fine. Not only is he a good coach, he's a good teacher. I heard this from one of my close friends that taught with him. He said he had an unbelievable work ethic, and is a fine person. If the school is looking for someone organized, very disciplined, knows his Xs and Os and has structure, this is the man according to my source who taught with him.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Sorry been away for a while. Talk to someone very close to the situation today and here are your top 2 choices for the Job.

#1 Jay Cobb
#2 Randy Frazure

Jay Cobb has not applied and did not interview.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Sorry been away for a while. Talk to someone very close to the situation today and here are your top 2 choices for the Job.

#1 Jay Cobb
#2 Randy Frazure

Also, didn't Jay just sign with Knott Central? I dont see him taking a job, then applying somewhere the same year.
[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84115"]Knott Co. Central hires Jay Cobb - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]
A coach from Georgia that used to coach in Knoxville has also applied. 3 coaches are now getting a lot of consideration for this job. One from Harlan, one from Bell and one from Georgia.
Frazure would be a heck of a great coach at Middlesboro. He has an awesome resume. He knows his football and knows how to hit the weights. I think this would be a great choice.
Randy would be a great choice. If they pick him I hope he can come in and be a ball buster and set them on the right course. This program lacks discipline.
I have a lot of respect for Frazier's coaching ability. Cobb is gone to Knott, so does anyone have names after Frazier, should he fall through?
I would like to see Rany Frazier as our next coach. I know he can coach well, but I also "heard" he was one heck of a teacher. Thats what kind of people our school needs to surround themselves with. Good luck Randy Frazier! When will we know who our next coach will be? I heard sometime this week.
I agree with snare43 it will be 3 to 4 yrs getting a team that will be competive, what about Helton first mate.
Whoever gets it, we need to put all the support possible behind him and stop the bickering or any ill will. Someone said it earlier, I would love to see the max amount of SE Kentucky schools playing for a State title and let the Lex, Lou., and Northern Ky folks know that we are for real and have real talent in these hills. Its true, together we stand, divided we fall. We need to stand together and push our players for awards, scholarships, etc. They deserve it and its time we make our mark on Kentucky Sports!
I know Randy Frazier, personally. I'd love to see him get the job and get back into head coaching. He is a great guy with a true passion for the game. Alot of people may not realize this guy played as a "scab" in the NFL for a little while with the Chiefs. He has the knowledge, experience, and the fire to get the job done. From one old Redskin to another, best of luck Fraze!
Saw his resume. He actually signed a two year deal as a free agent and the strike came and he didn't come home. When it was over, he got cut. His portfolio had all the contracts and things in it. The coaches again that are getting a strong look will know something Sunday night or Monday. We may be way behind in the weight room. Going to take a lot work to get caught up.
FlippedOut Wrote:We may be way behind in the weight room. Going to take a lot work to get caught up.

Are your remaining assistant coaches not making the kids lift ?
The job has been filled and when the time is right a public announcement will be forthcoming.

Congratulations Coach
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next