•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 51 - Perry Co. Central 48 OT (14th Region Championship)
Aslan Wrote:Hmm yeah.
When Knott whens there district, holla at me.

"wins" i'll correct your grammar.

and how old are you? a little too graduated to be keeping up with high school basketball if you ask me.

go game tho:Thumbs:
TuLegitimate Wrote:"wins" i'll correct your grammar.

and how old are you? a little too graduated to be keeping up with high school basketball if you ask me.

go game tho:Thumbs:

Sounds like someone is bitter. :flame:
Aslan Wrote:Sounds like someone is bitter. :flame:

bitter is for old ladies with no husbands, i think it's just something you needed to hear..seeing how you were so hyped about perry "going to rupp" after the KCC game.

don't think it worked out the way you planned.
TuLegitimate Wrote:bitter is for old ladies with no husbands, i think it's just something you needed to hear..seeing how you were so hyped about perry "going to rupp" after the KCC game.

don't think it worked out the way you planned.

No, but we had a good year. WYMT & district champs.
Beat Knott 3/4 times and runner up in region. Hazard will rep our region well.
[quote=PATS2011]all I can say is :lmao:

If letcher had played perry first round they would have gotten and early exit as well, same with Hazard.

Knott and Perry just got the unfortune of having the toughest first round matchup and 2 of the top teams playing each other. Someone had to lose, and in this case it was KCC. It was just the 'luck' of the draw. (KCC vs. PCC, and LCC vs Breathitt - which is the tougher game?) District doesn't mean anything, region is the real prize - as PCC found out.

Thats what happens when you don't win your district!
EPIC GAME!!!!!
Both teams played their heart out.
Whitaker was played perfectly all night by Chris Noble but came through in the clutch to hit the big 3-ball in OT
Deron Amis really let us down.....PCC is never gonna beat HHS when he has 1 pt
PCC made Hazard play their pace, but missed FTs and a few silly turnovers kept them from taking this championship home in regulation.
The referee made a tough call at the end of the game.
I can't tell you if Tyler Mullins was in the cylinder or not.....but come on officials, let the kids on the court decide who takes home the championship, not the guys in stripes.
But Klay hit some CLUTCH fts that gave em one more chance, but they ran out of gas.
and as for the students afterward.....
show some class.....
don't go outside running your mouth to the opposing fans about the game.....
that leads to arguments, which leads to fights, which leads to that sad scene we had out there Tuesday nite
and the police did a pretty poor job of controlling everything
A 15 yr old child was thrown to the ground, maced, and stunned with a tazer....if you are a policeman and you can't subdue a 15 yr old w/o that stuff....you need to get a new job
and I had a policeman harass me after the game as I was going to shake the coaches hands
I had my sister call me and tell me she was trampled outside and someone had to pick her up off of the pavement....
I couldn't even think about the game on the way home because of that childishness
Congrats to HHS and represent us well at region
Great season PCC....you showed all the haters that you can play with, and beat anyone in the region, but you came up short at the wrong time.
Congrats to Deron and Klay on their great careers at PCC
and good luck to Hatcher(hopefully) and PCC next year
boogieman Wrote:You know I don't give a flying **** what you think, but I'm not talking about the winning or losing I'm talking about players being better. LCC have the best players, thats just my opinion tho. Can you understand that or do I have to break it down for you? Those boys are the best players. KCC has good players and one player that I think is the best player in the state of Ky, but overall, LCC's are better. I do think KCC will continue to have a great team for the next couple of years, cuz they have some good players coming up in the ranks.

:lmao:

Still not buyin it. :getwell:

Congrats PCC on a great season..... best record in the region, WYMT Champs, and 54th Dist Champs.

and

Go Dawgs!! I'm sure you'll have a great showing for our region.
I love it!!! :popcorn:
Aslan Wrote:1. LCC does not have the best players or they would have proved it.
They was 1-5 against Perry, Knott, Hazard.
2. Tate Cox is not the best player in the state. Chris Noble held him to 6 points the last time Perry and Knott met.
3. Knott will have a good team next year.

noway
zaga_fan Wrote:EPIC GAME!!!!!
Both teams played their heart out.
Whitaker was played perfectly all night by Chris Noble but came through in the clutch to hit the big 3-ball in OT
Deron Amis really let us down.....PCC is never gonna beat HHS when he has 1 pt
PCC made Hazard play their pace, but missed FTs and a few silly turnovers kept them from taking this championship home in regulation.
The referee made a tough call at the end of the game.
I can't tell you if Tyler Mullins was in the cylinder or not.....but come on officials, let the kids on the court decide who takes home the championship, not the guys in stripes.
But Klay hit some CLUTCH fts that gave em one more chance, but they ran out of gas.
and as for the students afterward.....
show some class.....
don't go outside running your mouth to the opposing fans about the game.....
that leads to arguments, which leads to fights, which leads to that sad scene we had out there Tuesday nite
and the police did a pretty poor job of controlling everything
A 15 yr old child was thrown to the ground, maced, and stunned with a tazer....if you are a policeman and you can't subdue a 15 yr old w/o that stuff....you need to get a new job
and I had a policeman harass me after the game as I was going to shake the coaches hands
I had my sister call me and tell me she was trampled outside and someone had to pick her up off of the pavement....
I couldn't even think about the game on the way home because of that childishness
Congrats to HHS and represent us well at region
Great season PCC....you showed all the haters that you can play with, and beat anyone in the region, but you came up short at the wrong time.
Congrats to Deron and Klay on their great careers at PCC
and good luck to Hatcher(hopefully) and PCC next year

haha dont start sayin stuff like that man...you'll get some kids on here to worked up and they'll call you bad fans lol

the fight outside was pretty epic tho, gotta love a good brawl every now and then.

just some words of wisdom :biggrin:
House Wrote::lmao:

Still not buyin it. :getwell:

Congrats PCC on a great season..... best record in the region, WYMT Champs, and 54th Dist Champs.

and

Go Dawgs!! I'm sure you'll have a great showing for our region.

Too bad they didn't haul your *** to jail the other night.
The two bad calls in this game that everyone knows about was the refs not calling over and back, and the goaltending call. After the game Brian Milam went home and look at these two play and the rule book and he said they were both the right call. You can not touch the net period when someone shoots and Tyler did touch it as the shot was in the air. Also on the other call, Hazard touched the ball after a Perry player touched it. He did not have possession until he was behind the line, therefore it was not an over the back. This is just what Brian Milam is claiming. Saw it on sports.
boogieman Wrote:Too bad they didn't haul your *** to jail the other night.

:cop:
House Wrote::cop:

Ha ha, thats a hoot. good one there house.:rockon:
Crazy Horse Wrote:The two bad calls in this game that everyone knows about was the refs not calling over and back, and the goaltending call. After the game Brian Milam went home and look at these two play and the rule book and he said they were both the right call. You can not touch the net period when someone shoots and Tyler did touch it as the shot was in the air. Also on the other call, Hazard touched the ball after a Perry player touched it. He did not have possession until he was behind the line, therefore it was not an over the back. This is just what Brian Milam is claiming. Saw it on sports.

THAT IS WHY MILAM "TALKS SPORTS AND DOESN'T REF THEM" Smile The over and back was the correct call or non call however you want to say it, the 2nd again was not. You can touch the net until the ball gets in the cylinder, the ball wasn't close to the cylinder, so this was a terrible call. The officials called something that wasn't even possible. THEY SCREWED UP AND THAT IS ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT. People are trying to help them out and coming up with excuses for them, but it's not possible, they just blew a call. I'm sure it wasn't the only one they blew that night or all that week for that matter, it just so happens it was the worst one they could of blown with 10 seconds to go in a Regional Championship game. Just feel sorry for the kids involved.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I love it!!! :popcorn:

It's not even the Perry/Haz fans fights..its Knott bringing themselves into a thread they don't belong in like always.
Crazy Horse Wrote:The two bad calls in this game that everyone knows about was the refs not calling over and back, and the goaltending call. After the game Brian Milam went home and look at these two play and the rule book and he said they were both the right call. You can not touch the net period when someone shoots and Tyler did touch it as the shot was in the air. Also on the other call, Hazard touched the ball after a Perry player touched it. He did not have possession until he was behind the line, therefore it was not an over the back. This is just what Brian Milam is claiming. Saw it on sports.

Brian Milam is wrong. TongueirateSho
boogieman Wrote:Too bad they didn't haul your *** to jail the other night.

Now, thats just uncalled for. :dontthink
I don't know the answer but this whole game was handled wrong. The refs made bad calls, the way the police handled these high school kids, all of it.
First off, the gym was way too small for this type of game. Everybody was packed right on top of each other. If you sat down, your knees was in someones back and a person could hardly move. I was very disappointed in the Hazard pep section and how they were allowed to act. They chanted some very disturbing things throughout the game and the principal allowed it to happen. Then after the game was pure chaos. I saw one PCC girl go to hug her boyfriend from Hazard after the game and was almost attacked. Things should have been handled a lot different.
thebomb Wrote:I don't know the answer but this whole game was handled wrong. The refs made bad calls, the way the police handled these high school kids, all of it.
First off, the gym was way too small for this type of game. Everybody was packed right on top of each other. If you sat down, your knees was in someones back and a person could hardly move. I was very disappointed in the Hazard pep section and how they were allowed to act. They chanted some very disturbing things throughout the game and the principal allowed it to happen. Then after the game was pure chaos. I saw one PCC girl go to hug her boyfriend from Hazard after the game and was almost attacked. Things should have been handled a lot different.

I agree with about everything you said.
It's just a game...I never seen so much chaos after a game in my life. Really fights everywhere. The police handled it horribly.
Hazard pep section could murder someone and people around the region would still speak highly of them, and poorly about PCC.
Aslan Wrote:Now, thats just uncalled for. :dontthink

Don't have a hissy fit, I'm just joking.
Aslan Wrote:I agree with about everything you said.
It's just a game...I never seen so much chaos after a game in my life. Really fights everywhere. The police handled it horribly.
Hazard pep section could murder someone and people around the region would still speak highly of them, and poorly about PCC.

Poor little PCC, always gets the bad end of things!!!:doughnutc :cop: GO DAWGS !!!!!!:wenumber1
mountain hoops guru Wrote:You are far from the truth, if someone goes for a blocked shot and misses the ball but hits the backboard you have NOTHING, No matter how hard you hit the backboard. The thing you get a Technical for is for slapping the board on purpose, that is not what happened, he was trying to block the shot, and Mr. TopZebra, if you know so much about the rules, you know that it's not a Technical in that situation. Was a good try to help everyone out, but Basket Interference was called for Mullins hand being in the net, that is the explanation the coaches got, and in fact, it wasn't Mullins hand at all, it was Martins. So yes they screwed it up and it cost a team a win, great job 12th region officials! :devilflam

You people complain about all the refs no matter which region they're from. You whine all year about how bad the 14th is and whine if you have to play in the 15th due to their poor officiating job. Just get a life and quit whining.

It's not even a rule, "over your back" the term is pushed.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:THAT IS WHY MILAM "TALKS SPORTS AND DOESN'T REF THEM" Smile The over and back was the correct call or non call however you want to say it, the 2nd again was not. You can touch the net until the ball gets in the cylinder, the ball wasn't close to the cylinder, so this was a terrible call. The officials called something that wasn't even possible. THEY SCREWED UP AND THAT IS ALL YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT. People are trying to help them out and coming up with excuses for them, but it's not possible, they just blew a call. I'm sure it wasn't the only one they blew that night or all that week for that matter, it just so happens it was the worst one they could of blown with 10 seconds to go in a Regional Championship game. Just feel sorry for the kids involved.

I was not at the game but saw it on sports...this is not MO but I was just stating what Brian said.
How many times do u kick a dead horse. its over. start practicing for next yr ok
Something I think would have been a good idea for this game is to have had it somewhere else....
Perry Central and Hazard are 5 minutes from each other....but they have to drive almost a couple of hours to play in a cramped gym....
I think it would be a good idea when the teams are that close together and the game is in a small gym so far away they should move it to a larger gym that's closer....
like Knott or Letcher in this case
I know that hosting region is an honor and also brings a lot of money to the school.....but I just think that if this game was somewhere closer, then all the fans and players would have benefited
TuLegitimate Wrote:haha dont start sayin stuff like that man...you'll get some kids on here to worked up and they'll call you bad fans lol

the fight outside was pretty epic tho, gotta love a good brawl every now and then.

just some words of wisdom :biggrin:

brawls are never good lol
southpaw Wrote:How many times do u kick a dead horse. its over. start practicing for next yr ok

The game was 2 days ago....
the purpose of this thread is to talk about this game....
is talking about it 2 days after it's over kicking a dead horse?
IMO it's not
and one more thing....I'm not trying to rack up posts.....just keep thinking of stuff lol....
but anyway....
I liked the sign hazard's fans had about 5 people from PCC's pep section that needed to get a life....
it made me smile a little bitSmile
zaga_fan Wrote:Something I think would have been a good idea for this game is to have had it somewhere else....
Perry Central and Hazard are 5 minutes from each other....but they have to drive almost a couple of hours to play in a cramped gym....
I think it would be a good idea when the teams are that close together and the game is in a small gym so far away they should move it to a larger gym that's closer....
like Knott or Letcher in this case
I know that hosting region is an honor and also brings a lot of money to the school.....but I just think that if this game was somewhere closer, then all the fans and players would have benefited

I agree with this. I thought it was stupid to have to drive all the way to Powell Co. when both teams in the championship game were right here in Perry Co. And we got stopped in traffic because of a wreck and had to sit for 30 mins or more so by the time we got to the gym there was no place to park and we had to park at the church and walk to the gym and then there were no seats left. GRRRRRRRRR
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next