•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
15th Region Transfers
I’m sorry but I find it funny advertising anyone from Prestonsburg as a “package deal”. Jesus Christ. It’s the 15th region. We act like Prestonsburg had a combo of Reed Sheppard and Travis Perry playing for them.  The way I look at it, if people don’t want to play for Prestonsburg then leave. We couldn’t win a district with you so give me guys that wanna play here.
[-] The following 8 users Like BCF4L's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, BlackcatPride32, Colonel4Life1999, jetpilot, P. Fanning, Redneck, Wasp23, Westside
(03-26-2024, 12:18 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I think Estridge and Keathley played well together at the beginning of the year, when we played them Parsley didn’t really use the Estridge kid and Cam shut Keathley down. If they ey are a package deal someone getting an unbelievable package if they leave. I don’t see Keathley leaving I think Estridge will be at MC, JC or Pc, he will fit well in all 3 places guess it depends on what’s important to them. Nobody is scoring besides Slone and Sheppard at JC. Sykes is one I’m interested in because it will take a certain system for him and if it’s right system he’ll score 20 or more a game. Haven’t heard anything else on the Buck kid

Where do you see Sykes fitting in at?

(03-26-2024, 11:12 AM)BCF4L Wrote: I’m sorry but I find it funny advertising anyone from Prestonsburg as a “package deal”. Jesus Christ. It’s the 15th region. We act like Prestonsburg had a combo of Reed Sheppard and Travis Perry playing for them.  The way I look at it, if people don’t want to play for Prestonsburg then leave. We couldn’t win a district with you so give me guys that wanna play here.

Agreed. Kids/Parents want coaches to beg them to come and play. I remember a time when kids took pride in their school.
(03-26-2024, 01:36 PM)TheDick's-n-Karl's Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 12:18 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I think Estridge and Keathley played well together at the beginning of the year, when we played them Parsley didn’t really use the Estridge kid and Cam shut Keathley down. If they ey are a package deal someone getting an unbelievable package if they leave. I don’t see Keathley leaving I think Estridge will be at MC, JC or Pc, he will fit well in all 3 places guess it depends on what’s important to them. Nobody is scoring besides Slone and Sheppard at JC. Sykes is one I’m interested in because it will take a certain system for him and if it’s right system he’ll score 20 or more a game. Haven’t heard anything else on the Buck kid

(03-26-2024, 11:12 AM)BCF4L Wrote: I’m sorry but I find it funny advertising anyone from Prestonsburg as a “package deal”. Jesus Christ. It’s the 15th region. We act like Prestonsburg had a combo of Reed Sheppard and Travis Perry playing for them.  The way I look at it, if people don’t want to play for Prestonsburg then leave. We couldn’t win a district with you so give me guys that wanna play here.

Agreed. Kids/Parents want coaches to beg them to come and play. I remember a time when kids took pride in their school.
I can’t see Sykes fitting in anywhere unless he gets complete control of the team. He’s not playing second to anybody offensively.
(03-26-2024, 03:09 PM)Ice61706 Wrote:

I can’t see Sykes fitting in anywhere unless he gets complete control of the team. He’s not playing second to anybody offensively.
So what is your thoughts on him and Keene teaming up at Pikeville?
I know Sykes and Keene come from the same area, have they played together in Middle School? If so that may be the draw
(03-26-2024, 03:09 PM)Ice61706 Wrote:

This thread is getting hilarious. Sykes scored 6 and 4 in two games vs Pikeville, which Pikeville won by 33 and 35. Probably needs to stay where he's at.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Belichick, BlackCat5, Ice61706, Packersfan7854
I’d love to have Sykes on the hill but we don’t need him, Pikeville hasn’t had anyone take that PG roll yet so he’s better then the options they have, well further along I would say. Anyone would be an idiot to turn him away if he wanted to go there. We just have Carter and Cam or I’d say bring him on to Betsy Layne.
I don’t think many on this board have seen the other kids already at Pikeville. They’ll be fine.
What is the deal with Coach Parsley? Is he taking the job at the prison, and if so will he be coaching next year. There is so much uncertainty around the program, it isn't a healthy situation for the players or the program. I haven't heard a lot of chatter about any one transferring in or out, but a lot can change before summer ball. Prestonsburg lacked a true point guard and a big man last year. With the state of Prestonsburg sports in general, I can't see anyone transferring in that would help fill these voids. Too much drama and hard feelings amongst parents and players contributed to the Blackcats poor play down the stretch. People need to sit back and enjoy their kids, because before you know it, it will be over. Hail Blackcats!
(03-27-2024, 12:33 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I’d love to have Sykes on the hill but we don’t need him, Pikeville hasn’t had anyone take that PG roll yet so he’s better then the options they have, well further along I would say. Anyone would be an idiot to turn him away if he wanted to go there. We just have Carter and Cam or I’d say bring him on to Betsy Layne.

If the Betsy Layne Dairy Bar could drum up an NIL deal it'd be hard for anyone to turn down coming to play for the Bobcats!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Colonel4Life1999's post:
  • Spud6
(03-27-2024, 12:33 AM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: I’d love to have Sykes on the hill but we don’t need him, Pikeville hasn’t had anyone take that PG roll yet so he’s better then the options they have, well further along I would say. Anyone would be an idiot to turn him away if he wanted to go there. We just have Carter and Cam or I’d say bring him on to Betsy Layne.
Bolden is a legit PG for Pikeville, he just hasn't been on the floor much due to Johnson. But I've seen him in AAU, he is legitimately good. I believe he could average 10 to 12 points a game if given the opportunity, and Justice makes nearly everyone earn that opportunity. He has sat for 2 seasons, it's his turn to prove it. And I believe he will.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GeraldDaLoved's post:
  • Belichick
I think Bolden is good just think he f you get a Senior it would definitely help, especially if him and Keene has played together in the past. Yes the Parsley situation blows my mind, I don’t think their parents or kids have a clue if they have a Coach or not, if Parsley is stepping down it is selfish not to go ahead and do it. I don’t know about kids transferring in, I could see some JV players looking for playing time possibly going there but at the end of the year it was clear he quit on his team, wasn’t same Coach we watched at the beginning of the year, look like he wanted the season to end. I’ve spoke to the man he’s nice guy just don’t know how good of a Coach he is, wouldn’t trade Mike for him that’s for sure. I do think Prestonsburg loses two kids for sure, the Estridge kid I don’t see going back there, he’s only kid I’d take off the team and didn’t get any playing time down the stretch, then one of two others I think are leaving. I’m telling you guys Isaiah Allen will be a huge difference maker for us next year as good as any player we could get in. Elisha will have a great team either way, Sykes or not. #Bobcats4Life
(03-27-2024, 08:45 AM)Belichick Wrote: I don’t think many on this board have seen the other kids already at Pikeville. They’ll be fine.

They haven’t. The Pikeville kids will be perfectly fine.
Heard Martin CO.  is getting a guard? Anyone else heard about it? Combo player
(03-27-2024, 09:22 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: What is the deal with Coach Parsley? Is he taking the job at the prison, and if so will he be coaching next year. There is so much uncertainty around the program, it isn't a healthy situation for the players or the program. I haven't heard a lot of chatter about any one transferring in or out, but a lot can change before summer ball. Prestonsburg lacked a true point guard and a big man last year. With the state of Prestonsburg sports in general, I can't see anyone transferring in that would help fill these voids. Too much drama and hard feelings amongst parents and players contributed to the Blackcats poor play down the stretch. People need to sit back and enjoy their kids, because before you know it, it will be over. Hail Blackcats!
I think it’s a lot of smoke. I don’t see Chase leaving this year. He will stay and see what he can do with the group this coming year then I can see him bolting. Not that Pburg will be a powerhouse next year but after next year it gets pretty bad. A huge rebuild will be in store.
(03-27-2024, 04:55 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 09:22 AM)Blackcat 4 Life Wrote: What is the deal with Coach Parsley? Is he taking the job at the prison, and if so will he be coaching next year. There is so much uncertainty around the program, it isn't a healthy situation for the players or the program. I haven't heard a lot of chatter about any one transferring in or out, but a lot can change before summer ball. Prestonsburg lacked a true point guard and a big man last year. With the state of Prestonsburg sports in general, I can't see anyone transferring in that would help fill these voids. Too much drama and hard feelings amongst parents and players contributed to the Blackcats poor play down the stretch. People need to sit back and enjoy their kids, because before you know it, it will be over. Hail Blackcats!
I think it’s a lot of smoke. I don’t see Chase leaving this year. He will stay and see what he can do with the group this coming year then I can see him bolting. Not that Pburg will be a powerhouse next year but after next year it gets pretty bad. A huge rebuild will be in store.
Rumor has it that he has taken a federal job at the prison. If that be the case, there are different shifts and some are rotating. It would be extremely difficult to coach a team with that schedule. But no one knows for sure if he did indeed take that job. So who knows at this point, put the prison pays really well. With just a year before a rebuild, he should take that job if offered.
(03-27-2024, 05:15 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 04:55 PM)BCF4L Wrote:
Rumor has it that he has taken a federal job at the prison. If that be the case, there are different shifts and some are rotating. It would be extremely difficult to coach a team with that schedule. But no one knows for sure if he did indeed take that job. So who knows at this point, put the prison pays really well. With just a year before a rebuild, he should take that job if offered.
Last I spoke with him he didn’t nor was he going to take the job but that was towards the end of the season. I don’t think he will be going anywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
Who’s Martin County getting?
Hearing Phelps picked up a new kid!!
(03-29-2024, 06:52 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Hearing Phelps picked up a new kid!!
Not sure why anyone would ever want transfer into there
(03-29-2024, 07:07 PM)GeraldDaLoved Wrote:
(03-29-2024, 06:52 PM)FloydCountySuperstar Wrote: Hearing Phelps picked up a new kid!!

Opportunity to play a lot of minutes and get a lot of shots
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
What's the point on coming on here and saying you heard about a transfer without a name?
[-] The following 1 user Likes P. Fanning's post:
  • Waitaminute
What’s point of being a prick, this is a thread to ask questions and talk about things, rumors etc. if I knew the name I would have mentioned it, was hoping someone knew the name and could tell us whether they was good or not. Have a great East Weekend sorry I ruffled your feathers. God Bless
Cam has them headed in the right direction and they have some pretty good young players. They were competitive last season and I expect that to only get better with time and a couple transfers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BCF4L's post:
  • FloydCountySuperstar
(03-30-2024, 11:55 AM)BCF4L Wrote:
Cam has them headed in the right direction and they have some pretty good young players. They were competitive last season and I expect that to only get better with time and a couple transfers.
It's just a painful drive and zero cell service from any company
Just heard Sykes is at Pikeville anyone else hearing That?
I wish this thread would die until school starts next year, then we’d all know for sure who transferred where lol. Smh
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(03-30-2024, 10:55 PM)Redneck Wrote: I wish this thread would die until school starts next year, then we’d all know for sure who transferred where lol. Smh

Unfortunately the transferring has already started.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-30-2024, 10:55 PM)Redneck Wrote: I wish this thread would die until school starts next year, then we’d all know for sure who transferred where lol. Smh

Pikeville has been on Spring Break.
Yea was told Sykes went to Pikeville yesterday, and the kid Phelps got is from WV I am told but don’t know the name. Most kids will transfer in the next 2 months, so by June you should know who’s at what schooł.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next