• 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open Job: Head Coach, Magoffin County
(12-16-2021, 10:44 PM)MountainMusic Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)Gold River Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 04:53 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 11:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I believe you two need to get a hotel room.

Any news on Magoffin?
I know they interviewed Derosett yesterday. Haven’t heard about any of the others.
I hope he gets it and has the craziest successful run ever and everyone talking feces, eats it.
No. Chance…what will happen and you can remind me if I’m wrong…Derossett hired..schedule a breezy schedule win 6-7 get crushed in playoffs..within 2 years pi$$ enough people off to run off kids and make admin restless…then when the fallout happens is will be how dirty the admin did him and how everyone is out to get him .. you know the woe is me story we got in Floyd county…but as I stated before he could very well be the best one to apply and if that’s the case then why not roll the dice.
If DeRossett would get hired, I think there will be enough naysayers out there like yourself that would love to see him fail.  Not going to start a P**S**G match, but give the guy some credit where credit is due.  He spent 21 years at Prestonsburg, he spent 7 of those years trying to get turf, he worked tirelessly day and night to build that program...

Lets answer this question. is Prestonsburg better off without DeRossett based on the program results meaning W-L, Points scored on offense, points allowed on defense, Playoff record.  Lets use the last 4 years of DeRossett's PHS years and the last 4 years under Brewer.  

DeRosset Last 4 seasons at PHS - Reg Season 25-15, 3-4 Playoffs
2014 - 8-2 Reg Season, 2-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Danville, Lost to Shelby Valley Reg Finals
2015 - 5-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA 1st rd
2016 - 6-4 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to Somerset 1st rd
2017 - 6-4 Reg Season, 1-1 Playoffs Defeated Middlesboro, Lost to LCA 2nd rd

Brewer Last 4 Seasons - Reg Season 11-27, 0-2 Playoffs
2018 - 2-8 Reg season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to LCA
2019 - 2-8 Reg Season, Did not qualify for playoffs
2020 - 3-5 Reg Season, 0-1 Playoffs Lost to West Carter
2021 - 4-6 Reg Season, Did not qualify for Playoffs
(12-16-2021, 11:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote: I believe you two need to get a hotel room.

Any news on Magoffin?
I know they interviewed Derosett yesterday. Haven’t heard about any of the others.
I hope he gets it and has the craziest successful run ever and everyone talking feces, eats it.
No. Chance…what will happen and you can remind me if I’m wrong…Derossett hired..schedule a breezy schedule win 6-7 get crushed in playoffs..within 2 years pi$$ enough people off to run off kids and make admin restless…then when the fallout happens is will be how dirty the admin did him and how everyone is out to get him .. you know the woe is me story we got in Floyd county…but as I stated before he could very well be the best one to apply and if that’s the case then why not roll the dice.
How many years did it take for those people in Pburg to get so pissed off? Didn’t he coach them for 22 years? I don’t know of any ties he has with anyone in Magoffin, so that might be a good thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Redneck's post:
  • papabear02
Redneck

Any news on Magoffin?
How many years did it take for those people in Pburg to get so pissed off? Didn’t he coach them for 22 years? I don’t know of any ties he has with anyone in Magoffin, so that might be a good thing.

I’m not a nay sayer, I’ve just stated facts mixed with informed opinions…is he a quality coach? Sure I’ve said as much. Prestonsburg football would have been similar to what it’s been regardless of the coach. The talent has been down and before that what talent was here was ran of by the Derossett’s there’s no debating that….but that’s besides the point..I continue to come back to what would his last 2 employers say about him? And are there not any other quality applicants?? The answer to the matter may be no and if that’s the case hire him and hope for the best. Again I’m sure he’s a good person? And it’s clear he’s a quality coach but again, looking at it objectively I think we can all agree there is baggage that may or may not be worth dealing with or taking a chance on..the answer to that is can a school on magoffin level pull a better coach or are they where a JD is the best option..I can’t answer that question?? Best of luck either way I want to see fountain football thrive!
(12-16-2021, 11:50 PM)MountainMusic Wrote: Redneck

Any news on Magoffin?

I’m not a nay sayer, I’ve just stated facts mixed with informed opinions…is he a quality coach? Sure I’ve said as much. Prestonsburg football would have been similar to what it’s been regardless of the coach. The talent has been down and before that what talent was here was ran of by the Derossett’s there’s no debating that….but that’s besides the point..I continue to come back to what would his last 2 employers say about him? And are there not any other quality applicants?? The answer to the matter may be no and if that’s the case hire him and hope for the best. Again I’m sure he’s a good person? And it’s clear he’s a quality coach but again, looking at it objectively I think we can all agree there is baggage that may or may not be worth dealing with or taking a chance on..the answer to that is can a school on magoffin level pull a better coach or are they where a JD is the best option..I can’t answer that question?? Best of luck either way I want to see fountain football thrive!
What person in the world doesnt have some sort of "baggage"?   When you say baggage, you are referring to?  As for kids leaving or transferring, kids cannot make the decision...unless they are 18...so that falls on the parents....if you let your kids rule the roost then youre no count as a parent.
Sounds like it has been narrowed down to John Derosett and Dan Brown.
Do you mean Dayne Brown? former HC at Magoffin? who is Dan Brown?
(12-17-2021, 12:45 PM)Real Badman Wrote: Do you mean Dayne Brown? former HC at Magoffin? who is Dan Brown?
No. Dan Brown is alumni and is an assistant East Carter I believe
This is the greatest post in the history of Bluegrass Rivals, I mean its even better then Raceland/Paintsville week! Its got everything, Politics, best athlete in the 15th region comparison, who is crazy, etc... Thank you Magoffin Co.
(12-17-2021, 05:55 PM)Hambley Wrote: This is the greatest post in the history of Bluegrass Rivals, I mean its even better then Raceland/Paintsville week! Its got everything, Politics, best athlete in the 15th region comparison, who is crazy, etc... Thank you Magoffin Co.
Nothing beats the Raceland/Paintsville threads. Politics play a part at most schools and in most programs at some point. Most of the people that have been commenting aren’t Magoffin fans.
[-] The following 2 users Like Redneck's post:
  • Hambley, papabear02
Lord the Paintsville/Raceland jabber. You’re right, it gets good.
Who is Dan Brown?
(12-17-2021, 09:17 PM)From jamesclay Wrote: Who is Dan Brown?
From what I gathered, he’s an assistant at East Carter and is a Magoffin alumni.
So suprised it isn’t someone in county. Thankful to see some hope for Magoffin football
(12-17-2021, 09:52 PM)SlantZ Wrote: So suprised it isn’t someone in county. Thankful to see some hope for Magoffin football
We’ll see what happens. One is alumni, but he’s been coaching under one of the better young coaches around.
There's probably a 200% chance they hire the hometown guy. I'm positive he has every judge, magistrate, attorney, city worker, state worker and mayor working for him.
(12-18-2021, 01:14 PM)jamesclay Wrote: There's probably a 200% chance they hire the hometown guy. I'm positive he has every judge, magistrate, attorney, city worker, state worker and mayor working for him.

I'm not sure who the other guy is, but I hope they make the right decision for the program.  If they feel the hometown guy best fits the program then so be it.  But that doesn't always get you anywhere.  

Id like to see John DeRossett get it due to the fact he has proven himself at Prestonsburg, UPIKE and Cabell-Midland.  

We shall see tomorrow.
(12-19-2021, 06:50 PM)papabear02 Wrote:
(12-18-2021, 01:14 PM)jamesclay Wrote: There's probably a 200% chance they hire the hometown guy. I'm positive he has every judge, magistrate, attorney, city worker, state worker and mayor working for him.

I'm not sure who the other guy is, but I hope they make the right decision for the program.  If they feel the hometown guy best fits the program then so be it.  But that doesn't always get you anywhere.  

Id like to see John DeRossett get it due to the fact he has proven himself at Prestonsburg, UPIKE and Cabell-Midland.  

We shall see tomorrow.
You think they’re gonna make an announcement tomorrow?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Wonder if the boys at Midland all had 4.0 like the ones at UPIKE????????????????????????????????????????
(12-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Trojan4Life Wrote: Wonder if the boys at Midland all had 4.0 like the ones at UPIKE????????????????????????????????????????
Derosett wasn’t the head coach at either, so what are ya getting at?
(12-19-2021, 09:52 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 09:32 PM)Trojan4Life Wrote: Wonder if the boys at Midland all had 4.0 like the ones at UPIKE????????????????????????????????????????
Derosett wasn’t the head coach at either, so what are ya getting at?
I was just about to ask the same question...Please elaborate Trojan?  What do you mean by this?

(12-19-2021, 09:04 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 06:50 PM)papabear02 Wrote:

We shall see tomorrow.
You think they’re gonna make an announcement tomorrow?
I'm pretty sure they will.
Any news today?
Hopefully, John DeRossett is named head coach today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • papabear02
(12-20-2021, 10:51 AM)Westside Wrote: Hopefully, John DeRossett is named head coach today.
I Agree
[-] The following 1 user Likes papabear02's post:
  • Westside
Heard Eddie abshire will be named the new head coach.
Well any news which one?
(12-20-2021, 08:57 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Heard Eddie abshire will be named the new head coach.
No idea who that is, but as of Friday night the job was down to Derosett and Brown.
(12-20-2021, 10:41 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(12-20-2021, 08:57 PM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: Heard Eddie abshire will be named the new head coach.
No idea who that is, but as of Friday night the job was down to Derosett and Brown.

Good deal!

Awesome!
According to a very reliable source Derossett Will be your new Magoffin county head coach I suspect it’ll be out by Wednesday or so. That’ll be a great hire if so.
[-] The following 7 users Like Gold River's post:
  • Bull got out!, ekywildcat, papabear02, Red and Black, Redneck, Westside, wolfcat
(12-20-2021, 10:50 PM)Gold River Wrote: According to a very reliable source Derossett Will be your new Magoffin county head coach I suspect it’ll be out by Wednesday or so. That’ll be a great hire if so.
Wonder why they are waiting till Wed.  Seems to me like let’s get this thing going. 

if that’s true, congrats to DeRossett.  I’m sure he’s ready to get back to business.
(12-20-2021, 10:50 PM)Gold River Wrote: According to a very reliable source Derossett Will be your new Magoffin county head coach I suspect it’ll be out by Wednesday or so. That’ll be a great hire if so.
I sure hope your right! Would love to see derossett get it.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next