•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spurlock To Breathitt County???
I will say this about LC football these 8th graders coming up as freshman has the best Skill I've ever seen on a team. Across the board. Can't wait for them to become sophomores. Future is bright with these cats!! Gamerious, maggard, and baker are on another level. Will see a lot of playing time as freshman! Best group I've seen skill wise since like 2012 at Leslie county when they had Ethan Horton(UofL QB) Eric Hubbard (UVA wise baseball) Blake Bray (Upike football)
Who cares about college we are talking about spurlock to breathitt which will play college somewhere if he wants
Collins killed Leslie all game. I can't predict if they would have won or wouldn't have without Collins. Breathitt line was very strong as well. But if your looking just at player vs player it was obvious that Collins and Asher were the best on the field outta both teams. Breathitt D was very good and Leslie didn't move the ball but still if your looking and individual athletes Collins and Asher were the best players on the field. Lol
Is this daddy mommy or Asher
I don't know if Spurlock is going to transfer or not, but he would be a major contributor on the defensive side of the ball for the Bobcats next year. One of the problems Breathitt had last year, when playing better competition, was the lack of size at the LB position. Sizemore may not be the fastest kid on the team , but he brings a physical style of play, that is needed in the middle of a defense, to be successful at stopping the run.
It's not i promise I've been around HS sports for decades now. If he does transfer goodluck on eligibility. The Mullins girl transfered to hazard and sit an entire year. If hazard couldn't get someone eligible it's going to be a wild play out with spurlock.. I'm assuming everyone will try to fight it plus they a big KHSAA attorney in Leslie county which I'm sure everyone is aware of
4ever witness Wrote:Collins killed Leslie all game. I can't predict if they would have won or wouldn't have without Collins. Breathitt line was very strong as well. But if your looking just at player vs player it was obvious that Collins and Asher were the best on the field outta both teams. Breathitt D was very good and Leslie didn't move the ball but still if your looking and individual athletes Collins and Asher were the best players on the field. Lol

Collins had 68 yards on ten carries and two touchdowns. Collins is a beast, but he wasn't asked to do too much, due to all of the turnovers Leslie committed. Hopefully, Leslie's offensive line play improves next year and Asher can show off his talent.
Their offensive line is not close to being as good as they have been in the past
4ever witness Wrote:It's not i promise I've been around HS sports for decades now. If he does transfer goodluck on eligibility. The Mullins girl transfered to hazard and sit an entire year. If hazard couldn't get someone eligible it's going to be a wild play out with spurlock.. I'm assuming everyone will try to fight it plus they a big KHSAA attorney in Leslie county which I'm sure everyone is aware of

If there is a physical change of address, it's hard to stop a transfer. I don't agree with it, but I don't hear of many kids who aren't granted eligibility in this day and time. Also, I would think it would create a toxic environment around the program, if the kid wanted to transfer, and the coaching staff and school administrators were fighting it. It's like your forcing a kid to stay and play at a program, he doesn't want to be at. I don't know, it just sounds like a mess to me.
Yes it's a huge mess. No idea what will come out of it. I know with the Mullins girl she tried a change of address and got denied. So who knows with lawyers these days anything could happen. KHSAA needs to stop all this transfer nonsense or not even have a transfer process. every school is doing it in all sports and it's a bit ridiculous. They are real reasons when a kid could should transfer schools then there's other times when they shouldn't. Just my personal opinion.
This is childish he’s just a kid trying to do what’s best for himself and his family and following his dreams of how it feels to have a winning season (SOMETHING HE WONT HAVE AT LESLIE COUNTY) stop being even if he does decide to go and they don’t let him play I would not consider playing for leslie if I was in his cleats
He's a kid and i understand that completely. But him transferring to breathitt would
Not help his family unless they are trying to offer him a job which is illegal. This isn't the NBA or NFL and can demand a trade. Again he's a kid and i hope the best for him whatever decision he decides along with his family! I'm just stating legal terms. I have no affiliation with the school board or anything just going off my knowledge.
Regardless of the situation, a district opponent(and all over because he thinks he's figured out how to get people eligible) cannot be allowed to just call at will and offer the moon to kids and not be fought hard. Breathitt just got out State BOE control. I'm sure they're not wanting this much light shined on them. We'll see what comes of it.
If Spurlock legally moves to Jtown then everything is perfectly legal. They may have to put up their home for sale in Leslie County. Cant blame the kid for wanting to play at Breathitt. Breathitt will go 10-0 again next year and will go deep until they run into Somerset again.
Coach that doesn’t have control of his coaching staff let alone his team is pityful he should want a kid to better but he does not he’s proved that over the past 3 years. The kids was baned from lifting was told make a decision or not lift what a coward he should be ashamed of his effort and commitment to these young boys not haze them
Somerset vs. Beechwood week3, Somerset vs. Beechwood week 15. Point is Somerset is just loaded, Beechwood will be back on they're game. Breathitt can't compete unless they get transfers, not with these two teams, or LCA and Mayfield. One player won't make a team better it's 11 man in football and takes 11. Just look at Somerset final drive at state. They have played together since middle school, know how each other plays. No transfers, No cussing, or screaming just 11 young men doing they're job, Johnson County. Again 11 young men doing they're jobs to beat Boyle. Basketball yes it can make a difference, but with that said it's TEAM, and a player jumping schools just because he thinks he'll get a ring isn't a team player, he's selfish. Stand by your teammates and friends know matter how you do as a team. If your any good you'll get looks. Maybe someday parents will teach being a team player, and not a thropy chaser. Just a opinion.
Breathitt County only went to the semifinals last year because of how weak their district and schedule over all is. They will be 10-0 again this year. Transfers or no transfers.
Even if they played west carter? Would that be a tough schedule because that would be a cake walk
Eagleln Wrote:Even if they played west carter? Would that be a tough schedule because that would be a cake walk

Explanation please? I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.
Breathitt won't win a state title even if they do get all these rumored transfers.. Somerset simply put is too good. They have Breathitt's number for a few years now and I look for that to continue.
Eagleln Wrote:Who cares about college we are talking about spurlock to breathitt which will play college somewhere if he wants

Not to many colleges are gonna come calling for a 5’10 linebacker that might run a 4.9 40 at best. Good high school linebacker but take a trip to any NAIA school in the state and see how big/fast the linebackers are.
Unless Breathitt steals half of Pike Co they won’t beat Somerset no matter who they recruit. I fully expect Somerset to represent the East in 2A next year. Also if you’re gonna move to another EKY school at least go to a contender, go to Johnson Central or Belfry if you think you’re that good.
This might be the dumbest thread I’ve seen on this site. It needs closed!
Sorry your thread got ripped up, but you guys cannot speak negatively about a student athlete. I know it's difficult when a specific athlete is named in the thread topic, but please me a little more mindful of what you're saying about a kid.

Thank you.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Breathitt County only went to the semifinals last year because of how weak their district and schedule over all is. They will be 10-0 again this year. Transfers or no transfers.

If Breathitt would have played West Carter's schedule last year, they would have been undefeated as well. So what is your point?
Cat Daddy Wrote:If Breathitt would have played West Carter's schedule last year, they would have been undefeated as well. So what is your point?

Did you see any team on West Carters schedule play? In case you didn’t, Mercer County and Russell would not have been guaranteed wins like you think...
WestCarterComet Wrote:Did you see any team on West Carters schedule play? In case you didn’t, Mercer County and Russell would not have been guaranteed wins like you think...

No games are guaranteed! I feel like Breathitt would have beaten both teams last year, but I may be wrong.
Cat Daddy Wrote:No games are guaranteed! I feel like Breathitt would have beaten both teams last year, but I may be wrong.

Even if they would have, the level of competition on West Carter’s schedule was still far superior to the level of competition on Breathitt’s.
To get back on topic, what is the word on Spurlock? Is he transferring or not?
Surprise surprise surprise
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next