•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry@Desales 11/29 3A State Semis
ColtPride Wrote:This is getting ridiculous. I've been attending DeSales sporting events for the past 10 years. My son played on the two championship teams. He was all state in wrestling. Has the crowd at DeSales changed over the last 3-4 years? Yes they have. Has it been a good change? No. It hasn't. Are there a few PARENTS out of control? Yes there are.
DeSales , and our fans at one point had a great reputation. Our athletes played hard but win or lose shook every hand. We always had great respect from the opposing fanbase. example I'll give is Mayfield. Had a tough semi state game with them. We fell short. They beat us. Our guys shook their hand wished them luck. A few months later tornadoes hit Mayfield. the DeSales family's along with the football team kicked in to collect food and water and even delivered it. Mayfield fans with knowledge can tell you more.
To see someone on this board insinuate that you might need to bring a weapon makes me wonder what his real problem is.
As a LEO I would highly disregard that advice. If you feel that need. Don't come. Will there be some obnoxious parents who only care about their kid and not the team there yelling? Yes there will. The sad part of all of this is it's not the kids. It's the adults. Adults are usually and sadly the ones who ruin youth leagues, high school sports, and etc.
The Belfry fans will be welcomed. There are alot of things to do around DeSales. Churchill Downs is less than 15 min away.

Appreciate the post. That being said.....what are the odds of bringing in some portable or temporary stands and placing them on the other side of the field ? Recent history indicates that trouble IS present and failing to address the situation is almost as bad.

Look every fanbase has a few knuckleheads.....including ours. Seems like this would be an easy fix.
From Coach Scroggins...."Belfry community, do not listen to or believe everything you hear or read. This is all crap. You will enjoy the atmosphere and game. You will not feel like you are in a place that you are worried about your life. DeSales is a great community and a school."
I hope none of the parents go saying crap to there kids this game and there place is going to be business as usual just like any other game
bucslover68 Wrote:From Coach Scroggins...."Belfry community, do not listen to or believe everything you hear or read. This is all crap. You will enjoy the atmosphere and game. You will not feel like you are in a place that you are worried about your life. DeSales is a great community and a school."
Thanks Buc. It had me worried and I’m not even going.
hound05 Wrote:thanks buc. It had me worried and i’m not even going.

lol
bucslover68 Wrote:From Coach Scroggins...."Belfry community, do not listen to or believe everything you hear or read. This is all crap. You will enjoy the atmosphere and game. You will not feel like you are in a place that you are worried about your life. DeSales is a great community and a school."

“Nothing to see here. Move along. It’s all lies.”
I wonder if we can actually have any game discussion on here. I like the Pirates 21-14.
BTW, I have found out the truth usually lies somewhere squarely in the middle.
I had a terrible dream last night, DeSales won 28-10.
Let's just enjoy a good old fashioned physical hard hitting game. I think the winner wins state.
ColtPride Wrote:Let's just enjoy a good old fashioned physical hard hitting game. I think the winner wins state.

Agreed.
Just watched a little film on DeSales and I was very impressed with their defensive line. Those guys are good!

DT #53 Watkins, DE #5 Lewis, and DE #87 Scott are grown men!

The Pirate O-Line better be prepared to go to battle because those guys look to be the best defensive front they've faced this year. They look about like what the Huntington High D-Line looked like last year. Their quick, have great feet, nasty hands, and are very physical.

I think our boys can play with them but their going to have their moments. And when they do, forget about it and move on to the next play. Because if they get the Pirate linemen thinking about previous plays and missed assignments they'll eat them alive.

To win this game, I think Belfry has to have success running the ball up the middle and gain yards with our speed with tosses to the outside and hope our RB's speed can get them past those monster DE's. Belfry also will have to pass the football some to soften up the defense. If they don't and allow the Colts to stack the box behind that massive D-Line, the Pirates are in for a long night.

Defensively, we have to play like we did against Ashland, maybe even a little better, for the Pirates to be able to advance to Lexington.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Just watched a little film on DeSales and I was very impressed with their defensive line. Those guys are good!

DT #53 Watkins, DE #5 Lewis, and DE #87 Scott are grown men!

The Pirate O-Line better be prepared to go to battle because those guys look to be the best defensive front they've faced this year. They look about like what the Huntington High D-Line looked like last year. Their quick, have great feet, nasty hands, and are very physical.

I think our boys can play with them but their going to have their moments. And when they do, forget about it and move on to the next play. Because if they get the Pirate linemen thinking about previous plays and missed assignments they'll eat them alive.

To win this game, I think Belfry has to have success running the ball up the middle and gain yards with our speed with tosses to the outside and hope our RB's speed can get them past those monster DE's. Belfry also will have to pass the football some to soften up the defense. If they don't and allow the Colts to stack the box behind that massive D-Line, the Pirates are in for a long night.

Defensively, we have to play like we did against Ashland, maybe even a little better, for the Pirates to be able to advance to Lexington.

One last thing, turnovers. If Belfry can hold onto the football then they should win this game. I think they will get yards but they can't have drives where they are moving the ball and all of a sudden fumble. Their season will end Friday if they do this. As long as the o-line comes out with that aggression and low pad level and move bodies, and the backs run with some anger and hold onto the ball, Belfry will be in Lexington next week. I guarantee Scroggins is telling his defensive guys to strip the ball because Central used to do it.
Scott is a bad dude!

Not sure why schools are not lined up for him. Kid is a star.

Watkins will eat your lunch if you don’t play fundamentally sound football on the line. He has some great technical skills and moves for an interior linemen.
Belfry - 33
DeSales - 28
The D-Line is definitely the strength of the team. St X passed all over us, but even they could not move the ball on the ground. Secondary has improved substantially, and it is helpful when you don't have to blitz to get to the QB. Jalen Scroggins was in a sling after the game, but I personally heard him tell a friend he would be ready to go Friday. He is the better option, but Avery is extremely skilled. The Colts are at their best when both are in the field. I have always admired Belfry from afar. I will be one of the good guys who will wander over to your tailgate and mingle for a while if that sounds ok.
FoSho Wrote:Belfry - 33
DeSales - 28

Hope your right brother!
About all the fan behavioral issues from Desales. I just have this to say: The folks from Belfry are good, hard working, “Don’t start nothing, and there won’t be nothing” type of people. But, if the folks from Desales want a fight....they may just get one...DONT MESS WITH THE MOUNTAINS!!!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:About all the fan behavioral issues from Desales. I just have this to say: The folks from Belfry are good, hard working, “Don’t start nothing, and there won’t be nothing” type of people. But, if the folks from Desales want a fight....they may just get one...DONT MESS WITH THE MOUNTAINS!!!

That's what I'm worried most about. Not them, US! 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hope your right brother!

If Dixon and Bentley are healthy, they'll be the best two football players on the field which is why I give the Pirates a slight edge on the road. The Colts are going against a very physical team up front and will have their hands full.

Good luck to both teams on a safe game.
FoSho Wrote:If Dixon and Bentley are healthy, they'll be the best two football players on the field which is why I give the Pirates a slight edge on the road. The Colts are going against a very physical team up front and will have their hands full.

Good luck to both teams on a safe game.

As far as I know, the Pirates are healthy. Not sure about the Colts status though. Should he one helluva physical game.
#55PirateFan Wrote:That's what I'm worried most about. Not them, US! 😂
Hope you guys win the game AND the fight, but I pray it doesn’t come to that...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hope you guys win the game AND the fight, but I pray it doesn’t come to that...

Me too buddy
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hope you guys win the game AND the fight, but I pray it doesn’t come to that...

I hope you all send HC back to Louisville with an L and we can leave Louisville with a W. That would be a good night for the mountain teams vs Louisville city teams. Then Paintsville comes back also with a W from Louisville. That would be a 3-0 night for the Mountain teams vs Louisville city teams.

Haha. I refuse to bet on the game, but I took a prop bet taking belfry in the fight. You see the way those folks travel?!
Hound05 Wrote:Haha. I refuse to bet on the game, but I took a prop bet taking belfry in the fight. You see the way those folks travel?!

Every other year I see it firsthand...😜
Hound05 Wrote:Haha. I refuse to bet on the game, but I took a prop bet taking belfry in the fight. You see the way those folks travel?!
I was talking about that the other night. We didn’t have a huge crowd for the Ashland game, but you send us to an away game and everyone shows up. It’s pretty awesome to see
Demarcus ware Wrote:I was talking about that the other night. We didn’t have a huge crowd for the Ashland game, but you send us to an away game and everyone shows up. It’s pretty awesome to see

I was really surprised at Ashland's crowd. I was shocked that there was so few. I figured those folks would fill the visitor bleachers and be five deep on the fence. They had a decent crowd, just expected way more. Those fans are as passionate as any, I guess that's why I was surprised.
I made an account just to say something. Every single fan base has their bad apples. I don’t know where the 9 year old child being hospitalized came from because I’ve been to every game and have never heard anything about it. I can’t promise you that a fan might irritate you but I can promise you that you don’t have to fear for your life. Coach Scroggins has so much respect for the Belfrey community so please trust him when he says you have nothing to worry about. My son played on our 2 state championship teams and the second year we had the privilege of staying at the same hotel as some of the Belfrey parents in Bowling Green and I have nothing but good things to say about Belfrey. The first year the two teams both ate dinner at the same restaurant and I was told there was a lot of respect between the teams wishing each other luck in their championship games. With that being said, I am extremely excited to have a program with Belfrey’s prestige and tradition come to DeSales. I think this will be a smash-mouth, low scoring game that screams play-off football! I wish all the Belfrey fans safe travels and look forward to a great game.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I was really surprised at Ashland's crowd. I was shocked that there was so few. I figured those folks would fill the visitor bleachers and be five deep on the fence. They had a decent crowd, just expected way more. Those fans are as passionate as any, I guess that's why I was surprised.
I agree. It was surprising on both sides. I’ve been to games earlier in the season and it was way more packed on our side. You can bet one thing to be true and that’s we will show up in Louisville. It’s crazy lol
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next