•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County
pjdoug Wrote:I know those things happened. I've posted a few bad moon rising jokes on here, but I don't think that's the worst thing in the world a person could do. Usually more of a teenager thing though.

Exactly. What kind of grown man pulls crap like that? And add the illegal scrimmage and sanctions all within the same season, and I'd have to say "no thank you" if he was knocking on my door. It's obvious that he was no longer welcome at Corbin.

Everyone has turned the other way when it comes to Mills, at this point. I would suggest Whitley County should do the same.
TheOracle With all the time on your hands and spoiled newcomer attitude you’d think you would get all the details straight and not miscue your facts. But I guess your intent is to make people look bad behind a screen name with lists of twisted details. Because it’s written on here doesn’t mean it’s all the way fact. You fail to mention bells admin said they made a mistake and sent their heirarchy to ask mills back once the decision was made and he turned it down and went on to Corbin. You must be on the other politics side in bell co. Not the one that I listened to a few weeks back with discussions on how can we get Mills back to bell once the word was out when he was leaving Corbin. You live in bell and don’t give the right entitled kids that PT according to their entitled last names you do make some lasting enemies.
Running Back Wrote:TheOracle With all the time on your hands and spoiled newcomer attitude you’d think you would get all the details straight and not miscue your facts. But I guess your intent is to make people look bad behind a screen name with lists of twisted details. Because it’s written on here doesn’t mean it’s all the way fact. You fail to mention bells admin said they made a mistake and sent their heirarchy to ask mills back once the decision was made and he turned it down and went on to Corbin. You must be on the other politics side in bell co. Not the one that I listened to a few weeks back with discussions on how can we get Mills back to bell once the word was out when he was leaving Corbin. You live in bell and don’t give the right entitled kids that PT according to their entitled last names you do make some lasting enemies.
Whitley County must be doing pretty good if they got him when Bell County wanted him.
is there a meet and greet tonight? somebody please let me know how it goes, if I don't get to make it.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Pj we brought a coach in whom Chappell replaced, he brought a coach with him (from a team with a lot more talent than we have that won 1 game, and brought a coach in with a sketchy past. Yes things are getting better, geez. :ChairHit: On a serious note tons of talent in the lower classes and hope they develop it correctly and I'm completely wrong and the kids have a great high school playing experience. Go Colonels!

Who has a sketchy past? I don't know him.
Running Back Wrote:TheOracle With all the time on your hands and spoiled newcomer attitude you’d think you would get all the details straight and not miscue your facts. But I guess your intent is to make people look bad behind a screen name with lists of twisted details. Because it’s written on here doesn’t mean it’s all the way fact. You fail to mention bells admin said they made a mistake and sent their heirarchy to ask mills back once the decision was made and he turned it down and went on to Corbin. You must be on the other politics side in bell co. Not the one that I listened to a few weeks back with discussions on how can we get Mills back to bell once the word was out when he was leaving Corbin. You live in bell and don’t give the right entitled kids that PT according to their entitled last names you do make some lasting enemies.

So you're telling me Dudley isn't being well received on Log Mountain?

[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/d61290f5.../tenor.gif]
Mouser at Whitley.
UCfan1 Wrote:Mouser at Whitley.

Who else did they get? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Who else did they get? Smile
Some old Cumberland players. Corbin coaches. And a guy from Georgia
UCfan1 Wrote:Some old Cumberland players. Corbin coaches. And a guy from Georgia

Names? Former Whitley County players? Smile
Irwin is a South Laurel excoach, Dougie you have to appreciate the irony in that. If we got Mouser that is a great pick up.
Two corbin coaches, one old corbin player. That’s one way to try and build it 😂
TheOracle Wrote:When Wayne Mills was the head coach at Bell County, he earned the program KHSAA sanctions and got himself a 1-game suspension by engaging in an "illegal scrimmage" against Taylor County in 2015 (Taylor County also received KHSAA sanctions). And then Coach Mills was handed another 1-game suspension by Bell County later that same season for pulling down his pants and mooning the Knox County equipment manager when they played Knox. Not necessarily the kind of behavior or character becoming of a head football coach. It would seem the Bell County admins agreed, because they sent Mills packing once the season ended.

Win/loss records aren't everything.

Wayne Mills left on his own he was not ran off was asked to stay but deferred. I wish he would have stayed but hold nothing against him, he is a fine person imo and Whitley is lucky to get him. The coach at Taylor Co during this illegal scrimmage of yours just happened to be none other than Dudley Hilton who after they sent Mills packing the Bell Co administration immediately tried to hire...
single shot Wrote:Wayne Mills left on his own he was not ran off was asked to stay but deferred. I wish he would have stayed but hold nothing against him, he is a fine person imo and Whitley is lucky to get him. The coach at Taylor Co during this illegal scrimmage of yours just happened to be none other than Dudley Hilton who after they sent Mills packing the Bell Co administration immediately tried to hire...

:1: All True :Thumbs: Didn't know about the mooning....just knew there was an incident. I'd say Mills was wanting to see if the KC equipment manager would turn into a werewolf with the full moon.:moon: Bell gave Mills the boot and went pleading to the Dud and finally, eventually, all was right again on Log Mountain with his return.:happytear:

Good luck to Coach Mills if he indeed went to Whitley. An excellent hire.:Thumbs:
Let it go. Still believing and adding stories to minimal truths. Whitley got a great hire bottom line. Great person and coach and you’ll judge for yourself. We will continue here with our legend and pay big dividends to fill deep pockets and play our mediocre schedule.
papagrit Wrote::1: All True :Thumbs: Didn't know about the mooning....just knew there was an incident. I'd say Mills was wanting to see if the KC equipment manager would turn into a werewolf with the full moon.:moon: Bell gave Mills the boot and went pleading to the Dud and finally, eventually, all was right again on Log Mountain with his return.:happytear:

Good luck to Coach Mills if he indeed went to Whitley. An excellent hire.:Thumbs:

He did.Go Colonels !
TheColonel Wrote:Irwin is a South Laurel excoach, Dougie you have to appreciate the irony in that. If we got Mouser that is a great pick up.

I remember him coaching there. He beat Corbin a few times Smile
Is it common for a new coach to come in and change the locks on the locker room and tell this years seniors they are no longer welcomed in the locker room and weight room? I heard this from a school employee who is related to one of the seniors. It may be the norm but I've never heard of this happening.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Is it common for a new coach to come in and change the locks on the locker room and tell this years seniors they are no longer welcomed in the locker room and weight room? I heard this from a school employee who is related to one of the seniors. It may be the norm but I've never heard of this happening.

I've never been to or heard of a school where kids had keys.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I've never been to or heard of a school where kids had keys.

The seniors didn’t have keys. They changed the locks on their lockers. Told them they weren’t welcome to change in there anymore. I’d assume most coaches let their senior use the locker room until they graduate.
pjdoug Wrote:Not bad. I'd like to see them add Campbell County,TN and maybe Anderson County,TN.

I have family on staff in Anderson County. I’d love to see them come up and save me the drive from Somerset to visit. Smile
I’m sure it’s a situation where they have to prepare for spring and he is moving in new kids, upcoming freshmen, so changing the locks or combinations really is not that big of a deal. Even the guy in Friday Night Lights had to move on.....
JakeHarper Wrote:I’m sure it’s a situation where they have to prepare for spring and he is moving in new kids, upcoming freshmen, so changing the locks or combinations really is not that big of a deal. Even the guy in Friday Night Lights had to move on.....

Agreed.. but you typically don’t kick out guys who poured their heart into the program for four years. I’m sure Whitley doesn’t have the abounding numbers where it’s necessary to free up lockers and kick out your seniors.
CowboyDad Wrote:I have family on staff in Anderson County. I’d love to see them come up and save me the drive from Somerset to visit. Smile

My great grandfather was born in Anderson County,TN. I was in Somerset yesterday Smile
Rainingthrees Wrote:Is it common for a new coach to come in and change the locks on the locker room and tell this years seniors they are no longer welcomed in the locker room and weight room? I heard this from a school employee who is related to one of the seniors. It may be the norm but I've never heard of this happening.

sounds like a made up piece of business. lol. We need to work on getting them some new field houses Smile
FootballFan1999 Wrote:Agreed.. but you typically don’t kick out guys who poured their heart into the program for four years. I’m sure Whitley doesn’t have the abounding numbers where it’s necessary to free up lockers and kick out your seniors.
Whitley County ain't kickin' anybody out.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County ain't kickin' anybody out.

Their seniors right now aren't very happy about it. Telling some of the new kids to get out while they can. Just not a good first impression to put on kids.
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley County ain't kickin' anybody out.

Ask a senior you know pj, afraid it happened and if I'm a junior or any other class then I can see how I'm going to be treated when my senior season is over I may just not play for a guy who doesn't care about me after my eligibility is up.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Ask a senior you know pj, afraid it happened and if I'm a junior or any other class then I can see how I'm going to be treated when my senior season is over I may just not play for a guy who doesn't care about me after my eligibility is up.

You are trying to cause problems. Creating one where there is none and trying to fan the flames. I will give you an example that i'm intimately aware of. The Monday or Tuesday after the last game every season at Bowling Green the team comes in and clears out the lockers. The seniors no longer have a locker after that day. They no longer work out with the team. They are no longer on the team. Next years team begins the process of forming and growth together. BG has 6 state titles doing it this way. Somehow kids keep wanting to play and parents who might be butthurt somehow keep their mouth shut.
Iam4thecats Wrote:You are trying to cause problems. Creating one where there is none and trying to fan the flames. I will give you an example that i'm intimately aware of. The Monday or Tuesday after the last game every season at Bowling Green the team comes in and clears out the lockers. The seniors no longer have a locker after that day. They no longer work out with the team. They are no longer on the team. Next years team begins the process of forming and growth together. BG has 6 state titles doing it this way. Somehow kids keep wanting to play and parents who might be butthurt somehow keep their mouth shut.

Not causing anything, Whitley has always allowed kids to lift and use locker room to shower before school. Now they can't is all I'm stating and some of the players was lifting to prepare for college football. After my senior season was over I was allowed to be in locker room and continue to lift before or after school. Just saying this isn't cool what Irwin is doing. It's a good idea to keep the seniors around and have them work with the underclassmen and build a tradition, kicking them out isn't doing that imo.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next