•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will take over the crown of 15th Region Player of the Year?
roundball gal Wrote:Okay...Ashley Jade is going to a KIAC, rumor has it that Esther doesn't even want to play in college, yet you have Haley and Kendra going to D-I schools? And, on't hold it against Haley that she had torn ligaments in her ankle and don't hold against Kendra that she doesn't have teammates as talented as Ashley's supporting cast. ALL of the Lady Tigers deserve to be at the Expo Center!

WHAT D1 SCHOOL IS HALEY GOING TO? All she has said is she is going to play D1. So, WHERE IS SHE GOING?
Haley's official visit last weekend was to the Univ. of TN at Chattanooga. The asst. coach wanted her immediately once she saw her play in the 5/3 in Lex...head coach is coming to the region to watch her. If not UTC, then Belmont in Nashville has offered and so has Transy (D-III) and PC.

For those her want her averages for SENIOR year alone (20 games), here ya go:
16 PPG
9 RBS
7 ASSISTS
5 STEALS
51% 2 point FG
40% 3 point FG
82% FT

The coaches vote for Player and Coach of the Year. Voting this year will not take place until after the State Tournament, which is how it should be.

And let's face it...Player of the Year is based on the 2006-2007 season, yet only a senior can receive the award. With that, how could you not consider what a player has done throughout her career?
roundball gal Wrote:Haley's official visit last weekend was to the Univ. of TN at Chattanooga. The asst. coach wanted her immediately once she saw her play in the 5/3 in Lex...head coach is coming to the region to watch her. If not UTC, then Belmont in Nashville has offered and so has Transy (D-III) and PC.

For those her want her averages for SENIOR year alone (20 games), here ya go:
16 PPG
9 RBS
7 ASSISTS
5 STEALS
51% 2 point FG
40% 3 point FG
82% FT

The coaches vote for Player and Coach of the Year. Voting this year will not take place until after the State Tournament, which is how it should be.

And let's face it...Player of the Year is based on the 2006-2007 season, yet only a senior can receive the award. With that, how could you not consider what a player has done throughout her career?

GO HAY HAY:Cheerlead
and good post btw
roundball gal Wrote:And let's face it...Player of the Year is based on the 2006-2007 season, yet only a senior can receive the award. With that, how could you not consider what a player has done throughout her career?
any of the 3 would be a good choice,you say its for the 06-07 season then you say that how could you not consider their career ? there is something wrong with that statement say for instance one of these girls got hurt 1st game on the year and never played another game all year should they be up for the award ? i dont think there career should have anything to do with it WHO had the better year not career and anyways all 3 can post similar #s for there career
Haley Ratliff is the b ball player i have seen since Beverly Smallwood in the 15th so i say Haley.
rallo316 Wrote:Haley Ratliff is the b ball player i have seen since Beverly Smallwood in the 15th so i say Haley.

You haven't seen too many then...
Redneck Wrote:You haven't seen too many then...
kinda what i was thinking
to many great players come through here over the years to say that

This is not the case...The vote has already taken place!
bigdog Wrote:The coaches vote for Player and Coach of the Year. Voting this year will not take place until after the State Tournament, which is how it should be.

This is not the case...The vote has already taken place!

You are absolutely correct! It has already taken place.
The Fan Wrote:to many great players come through here over the years to say that

Especially in the late 90's, early 2000's...
rallo316 Wrote:Haley Ratliff is the b ball player i have seen since Beverly Smallwood in the 15th so i say Haley.

U NO PEOPLE CANT HANDLE WHEN U TALK ABOUT ANOTHER PLAYER WHOS NOT FROM THERE TEAM THEY GET MAD!!!:devilflam ...............GOOD POST THOUGH ASHLEY IS GOOD ALSO!
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:U NO PEOPLE CANT HANDLE WHEN U TALK ABOUT ANOTHER PLAYER WHOS NOT FROM THERE TEAM THEY GET MAD!!!:devilflam ...............GOOD POST THOUGH ASHLEY IS GOOD ALSO!
go back and read my post i said any of the 3 deserves the award nobody is mad but you all we were saying is they are others that have come through here that are as talented or more talented than these 3 since Beverly played dont go postal on us
If they have already voted, when do we find out. I know that a lot of the other regions have already announced their winners. Thanks for any info.
after watching kendra carrol she deserves it more than haley ratliff, and ester flemming, Kendra Carrol is a baller, the player of the year will come out of the 57th, but it will be Ashley Jade Howard.
Kenrda Carrol I think would be my pick if i was starting a team she is so versitile, plays a lot like the boys star there a p-ville Landon Slone, only with a better looking shot. Not saying that slones doesnt go in but hers looks better....
But Ashley Jade Howard has this in the bad IMO.
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:U NO PEOPLE CANT HANDLE WHEN U TALK ABOUT ANOTHER PLAYER WHOS NOT FROM THERE TEAM THEY GET MAD!!!:devilflam ...............GOOD POST THOUGH ASHLEY IS GOOD ALSO!

I'm not from Magoffin County if that's what you were gettin at. I wasn't mad when I made the statement, I was just simply stating a FACT.
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:after watching kendra carrol she deserves it more than haley ratliff, and ester flemming, Kendra Carrol is a baller, the player of the year will come out of the 57th, but it will be Ashley Jade Howard.
Kenrda Carrol I think would be my pick if i was starting a team she is so versitile, plays a lot like the boys star there a p-ville Landon Slone, only with a better looking shot. Not saying that slones doesnt go in but hers looks better....
But Ashley Jade Howard has this in the bad IMO.

I agree that Kendra has a nice looking shot, but note she seems to be more of an "I" player than a team player. . . . . .
i Was Not Mad And I Didnt Mean To Sound Like A B!t*h When I Made That Post, But As U All No Some People Do Get Mad When U Talk About Another Team!
I wonder how many players themself are on this site..
I thought haley didnt get her 2000 points until this year
Heard the vote was in....if it was who I heard it was, how many are going to say it was rigged? The one I heard was definately not one of the favorites. But I could see how she got it.
The Guru Wrote:Heard the vote was in....if it was who I heard it was, how many are going to say it was rigged? The one I heard was definately not one of the favorites. But I could see how she got it.
who did you hear
The Fan Wrote:who did you hear
Carroll.
If it was true, and I ain't saying it is. The MC girls must have split up their votes which could happen, and Carroll edging Ratliff.
wow I dont understand that one if its true
Well, fortunately for us, we don't pick who wins, the KABC does. For those of you who don't know what that stands for, it's the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches, and thqat means the 15th region coaches are the ones who vote on who they think deserves this award. So GOOD LUCK to all the Senior players in the 15th region and may the best young lady win.
IF THATS THE case then fleming got robbed
The Guru Wrote:Carroll.
If it was true, and I ain't saying it is. The MC girls must have split up their votes which could happen, and Carroll edging Ratliff.
[COLOR="blue"]i agree either flemming or ratliff should have been the player of the year.[/COLOR]
No one knows who won yet. They vote on that after regions is over. But, I could be wrong, and if that's the case, then congrats to the winner. But i'm pretty sure it hasn't been voted on yet.
Typical Guru stuff. BGR's biggest rumor starter.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:No one knows who won yet. They vote on that after regions is over. But, I could be wrong, and if that's the case, then congrats to the winner. But i'm pretty sure it hasn't been voted on yet.

I don't know how many have voted or when the deadline is.
But I do know 2 who have voted.

And they didn't vote for: Carrol, Flemming or Ratliff.

Figure the rest out.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next