•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2013
THOMCAT Wrote:Just got back from the Johnson Central vs. Paintsville baseball game and heard a lot of football talk. Heard five names mentioned as possible potential Tigers. If I bet sports, I would love to bet on all five not going. Bet I could get some great odds. Not going to mention names because in the end, these are kids and do not need the individual attention steered their way.

I've only heard two of the five but one I would like to wager on :popcorn:
What I heard this weekend dont be to quick to bet!!
From what Ive heard the kids at Paintsville are excited as can be with the direction our program is headed.
They are great kids at pville!!
Heard today, the one kid that was mentioned that was going to JC. It is a done deal. I know this a pville thread but the truth is the truth. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but it came from a very good source. His dad didn't coach spring ball!!
dns Wrote:Heard today, the one kid that was mentioned that was going to JC. It is a done deal. I know this a pville thread but the truth is the truth. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but it came from a very good source. His dad didn't coach spring ball!!

I haven't heard of any player leaving Paintsville with the exception of Kash to Pikeville and LeMaster is back from Ashland but I guess it will be an even trade when the one from JC comes to Paintsville. :popcorn:
TigerBlues Wrote:I haven't heard of any player leaving Paintsville with the exception of Kash to Pikeville and LeMaster is back from Ashland but I guess it will be an even trade when the one from JC comes to Paintsville. :popcorn:

Sorry! Not leaving pville.This player was coming from another school to JC.
TigerBlues Wrote:I haven't heard of any player leaving Paintsville with the exception of Kash to Pikeville and LeMaster is back from Ashland but I guess it will be an even trade when the one from JC comes to Paintsville. :popcorn:

Why would anybody leave Johnson Central to play at Paintsville? Don't get me wrong I cant stand Johnson Central but geez Paintsville is horrible and may be the worst program in the eastern portion of the state. This is worse than a kid leaving Ashland to play at Greenup County. If this is true there has to me more behind the scenes that's being told. Could somebody PM me and let me know who the kid is?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Why would anybody leave Johnson Central to play at Paintsville? Don't get me wrong I cant stand Johnson Central but geez Paintsville is horrible and may be the worst program in the eastern portion of the state. This is worse than a kid leaving Ashland to play at Greenup County. If this is true there has to me more behind the scenes that's being told. Could somebody PM me and let me know who the kid is?

Worst in eastern part of state is a huge stretch but I get what you are saying if you go on win and loss record which is a short sided view. I go by being competitive throughout the season.
As for the the kid leaving, maybe he wants more playing time :truestory:
TigerBlues Wrote:Worst in eastern part of state is a huge stretch but I get what you are saying if you go on win and loss record which is a short sided view. I go by being competitive throughout the season.
As for the the kid leaving, maybe he wants more playing time :truestory:

Hey TigerBlues check your pm's.

Paintsville was competitive in only four games last year and that was against Paris, Jenkins, Betsy Layne, and Berea. There's nothing wrong with wanting more playing time but I'd rather be on a winning team. Is the kid looking for an easy way out or something? What ever happened to earning your playing time? So many times players and parents want to pack up to go where it's easier but they rarely stop and think what they're actually teaching there kid.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Hey TigerBlues check your pm's.

Paintsville was competitive in only four games last year and that was against Paris, Jenkins, Betsy Layne, and Berea. There's nothing wrong with wanting more playing time but I'd rather be on a winning team. Is the kid looking for an easy way out or something? What ever happened to earning your playing time? So many times players and parents want to pack up to go where it's easier but they rarely stop and think what they're actually teaching there kid.

Actually TP the Tigers were either ahead or tied at halftime in 8 of their 11 games, I suppose competitive is a definition for personal evaluation but in my book I would call that competitive. When the team only dresses 15-20 players and can do that you can call it what you want.
You can exhale when you hear and see who is coming.
How many kids are comming out and how many transfers are comming
Is Kent Phelps still going to attend Paintsville?
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Is Kent Phelps still going to attend Paintsville?

He is rehabbing shoulder surgery but I haven't heard that he may go elsewhere.
bluestorm Wrote:How many kids are comming out and how many transfers are comming

There is one for sure, the rest are just rumors at this point but I have heard there is a possibility of two from the head coaches former school. That's all I've got storm
Thanks for the info
What are the weight room numbers? Are there any kids that didn't play last year going to play this year?

Why would Kash go to Pikeville?
Briar jumper bd Wrote:Is Kent Phelps still going to attend Paintsville?

Why wouldn't he?
Tiger Fever Wrote:Why would Kash go to Pikeville?

From what I understand its a numbers game and opportunity to advance. That's all I've heard
[quote=TigerBlues]From what I understand its a numbers game and opportunity to advance. That's all I've
dns Wrote:What I heard this weekend dont be to quick to bet!!

I'm ready dns, it's a done deal .
Early on E's Army said it best, class A football can be changed in a hurry with a key player. Getting a kid that runs downhill will be a gigantic upgrade for this program, thus making a big turnaround in the win loss column and returning most all players that competed throughout with the exception of Raceland and Fairview and Pikeville this group will be much improved
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm ready dns, it's a done deal .

Redy for what?
dns Wrote:Redy for what?

The wager!
TigerBlues Wrote:The wager!

On what!!
dns Wrote:On what!!

Post 152 ! Sorry I didn't clarify that better, I messed it up.
TigerBlues Wrote:Post 152 ! Sorry I didn't clarify that better, I messed it up.

From what Ive heard. Save your money, no kid is leaving JC to come to Pville. A month ago it was a different story.
dns Wrote:From what Ive heard. Save your money, no kid is leaving JC to come to Pville. A month ago it was a different story.

I don't want the kid that you're hinting at back at Paintsville. He left us when we were going through some tough times and now that things are looking up here he wants to come crawling back. I know you can't blame the kid from leaving us. That one rests on the shoulders of his daddy and I sure don't want him back because he's a cancer any where he's at. Go Tigers!
I know my last post won't be popular with some of the Paintsville fans on here but that's the way I feel. I've spent my entire life as a Tiger and I've stuck by them through the good and bad times. I have nothing for part time Tigers.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next