•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Coaching Rumors
Barnhart also said no one has been offered the job.
Mitch also stated that the next coach will have "Character"
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:No, also said he would not comment on specific qualities he is searching for. Basically, all he said was that there were several people interested it sounded like none of which were currently coaching in the SEC in any capacity. IMO Butch Jones becomes your next head coach.

THis would be a great hire. He is middle of the road Little East coach And we have middle of the road Little East talent. That should pact the stadium on saturday.
Strikeout King Wrote:Mitch also stated that the next coach will have "Character"
Well that would rule scumbag out.
According to a source inside CBS, Kentucky has interviewed Florida State Defense Coordinator Mark Stoops
I was just bout to post that ^.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...ing-rumors
MVP2 what do you think about this?
Well, I just want someone that is willing to make a commitment to the university really. It's going to take 2-3 years to turn the program around, to recruit their type players. I said it from the beginning that I like to see it be a defensive guy but than it looked like every name being mentioned was an offensive guy. I think it's taking a chance hiring anyone without any head coaching experience. However, I'd take Stoops over names like Macintyre, Baragher,Brown and Fulmer that has been mentioned in this thread. To answer the question, I like it.
Strikeout King Wrote:Petrino is 17-15 against SEC teams and it's been confirmed that he's not coming. So we have to go with people on that list and you will be surprised who can win here

This is complete garbage.
Exactly when did you talk to Barney and he tell you that Petrino was out?
Keep posting your bull crap links with wrong information on it.

They havent discussed anybody being in or out.
The only people we know thats out are the coaches who said there not interested, none of which were Petrino.

This has almost become laughable to see you post anything trying to dimiss Petrino, when not one word has been said so far.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:No, also said he would not comment on specific qualities he is searching for. Basically, all he said was that there were several people interested it sounded like none of which were currently coaching in the SEC in any capacity. .

Exactly.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is complete garbage.
Exactly when did you talk to Barney and he tell you that Petrino was out?
Keep posting your bull crap links with wrong information on it.

They havent discussed anybody being in or out.
The only people we know thats out are the coaches who said there not interested, none of which were Petrino.

This has almost become laughable to see you post anything trying to dimiss Petrino, when not one word has been said so far.

Petrino is NOT coming so you get get over that he will NOT be at Kentucky next year unless he's coach of another team that Kentucky plays and sorry to say but my info comes from People in the University you don't think I have ties to Lexington and the University you are very wrong and another thing Mitch said the new coach would have character that's something Petrino doesn't have
And gut like I said before if it was a coach that wasn't coaching that was hired he would have been announced weeks ago don't get me this bull crap oh wait til the end of the season talk if a coach that was unemployed was hired the announcement would have been made weeks ago not reason to wait til the season was over and yes Petrino is 17-15 against SEC teams so much for the theory that he's the only coach that can win in this conference because that's just bullcrap
I would be willing to be just about anything that Pertrino will NOT be at UK next season hell I'll even let you pick the bet
I don't know if Petrino will be hired. As matter of fact I'm betting against it. But...I DO have an inside source and trust me when I say Petrino is most definitely NOT out of the mix. Actually he is very much in the mix.

Boosters have power my friends. Don't ever doubt it.
Boosters are for it yes but Mitch is against it and everything I've heard from people have all said the same thing that he was out. Let's see your list of candidates that you've heard and who the front runner is.
Top two as of tonight.

1. Butch Jones
2. Bobby Petrino

With Fulmer getting more and more interesting to those involved in the process.
I still say Petrino is out. Heard a lot of people say they'd rather have Fulmer over Petrino
Petrino is far from out.
I see now that you will never understand that so im giving up trying to persuade you.

Petrino is the clear cut choice.
Any one else that has been mentioned would be a fail. Its that simple. Lets hope Barney has the brains to do the right thing.
I could be way off base, but I believe it's narrowed down to those three right now. Call me crazy, but I'm fine with Fulmer. I think the KY job gets him fired up again.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Petrino is far from out.
I see now that you will never understand that so im giving up trying to persuade you.

Petrino is the clear cut choice.
Any one else that has been mentioned would be a fail. Its that simple. Lets hope Barney has the brains to do the right thing.

17-15 against SEC teams. I will bet you anything that Petrino isn't the new coach at UK I'll even let you pick the betting deal
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I could be way off base, but I believe it's narrowed down to those three right now. Call me crazy, but I'm fine with Fulmer. I think the KY job gets him fired up again.

I would be fine with Fulmer. Would Brown come on as OC?
Strikeout King Wrote:I would be fine with Fulmer. Would Brown come on as OC?

Hard to say. Neal Brown does have Kentucky ties and getting in the SEC now might be a good move for him. Fulmer has been out several years now. He was well liked/respected throughout college football and I think he could assemble a staff well ahead of any we've had in a while. The man could recruit as good as any. At this time (if he's genuinely interested) I put Fulmer at my number one pick if I'm Mitch. Who really knows, Mitch may have a blue chipper up his sleeve.
I'm a big big fan of the Air Raid Offense.
Fulmer will be dead of old age in 3 years.
Were trying to build a program, not kill one.
I hate Fulmer. Scumbag is barely a .500 coach against SEC opponents. Gut still has a disturbing man crush on the scumbag and now we have a Stoops in the mix. Like Sands through the hourglass............

Lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fulmer will be dead of old age in 3 years.
Were trying to build a program, not kill one.

What are you willing to bet?
Looks like gut and his "sources" are scared.
Strikeout King Wrote:What are you willing to bet?

What, that Fulmer will die in 3 years?
FBALL Wrote:Looks like gut and his "sources" are scared.

All of KY fans should be if we choose one of the rejects you all have mentioned.
Peterson !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next