•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central @ Bell 11/16/12
I went to watch Boyle County play at Log Mountain and Im not gonna lie, the fans were agressive but only because the are so passionate about their football program. I respect that agressiveness and support for their team, and I was there as a Boyle County fan. As agressive as they were, they were in no way violent towards the visiting team or their fans. Teams need fans like Bell County's, when a team knows that the fans are behind them 100% wont let anyone run their team into the ground and provide for an intense atmosphere at home games. It takes the teams play to another level.
Crossbones Wrote:I honestly wasn't trying to be harsh. It just that everytime I read some of his post he acts as thou the world is against Louisville Central, always using the "poor ole us" mentality. Like he enjoys being the underdog. Central is far from being the underdog. Shoot, they have won 4 or 5 State Championships in football and will win many more IMO. They get the same state funding every other school gets and have the same opportunities as every other high school in the state. I have no doubt he is a good dude, but Gets old after a while.

I know you weren't; I was being sarcastic. We're going to have to make one of these little icons we use from time to time a "sarcastic" face!!

It's like I said earlier I hate playing at Log Mountain, but not because I'm afraid of getting hurt or injured, etc. I don't want to have to compete with the fans and the atmosphere of the game. When we're not playing, I enjoy the atmosphere a great deal!!! Sorta reminds me of home...
Wink
I've lived in Louisville and I've lived in Bell County. In the two years I lived in Bell County, nothing was stolen or burglarized. And I had people I did not know offer to help fix a flat or jump my car if I needed it. In Louisville, I had a car window smashed and a GPS boosted. I had two laptops stolen from an apt. That was in six months.

Bottom line - if you want trouble in either place, it's not hard to find. There are parts of Bell that are rough. But I think I would feel safer broken down at night in Arjay than I would in the west end of Louisville.
Tica Wrote:I've lived in Louisville and I've lived in Bell County. In the two years I lived in Bell County, nothing was stolen or burglarized. And I had people I did not know offer to help fix a flat or jump my car if I needed it. In Louisville, I had a car window smashed and a GPS boosted. I had two laptops stolen from an apt. That was in six months.

Bottom line - if you want trouble in either place, it's not hard to find. There are parts of Bell that are rough. But I think I would feel safer broken down at night in Arjay than I would in the west end of Louisville.
And me the opposite , wonder what the difference is ? Hmmmm
Hey Coachdad, BOOO!!!!! No just kidding...Don't get scared...trust me I was just kidding.
Tica Wrote:I've lived in Louisville and I've lived in Bell County. In the two years I lived in Bell County, nothing was stolen or burglarized. And I had people I did not know offer to help fix a flat or jump my car if I needed it. In Louisville, I had a car window smashed and a GPS boosted. I had two laptops stolen from an apt. That was in six months.

Sounds like you were "slipping" if this just kept happening.
I'm not scared of the written word, just rocks , batteries, hunting rifles pointed at me & things of that nature.
If you ever see me, you'll be able to tell another human being wouldn't scare me. Just weapons & such & that is only if I am unarmed.
bear claw Wrote:Hey Coachdad, BOOO!!!!! No just kidding...Don't get scared...trust me I was just kidding.

Oh & by the way ...........:hilarious:
Coachdad Wrote:And me the opposite , wonder what the difference is ? Hmmmm

That's where the problem lies. There shouldn't be a difference. I'll say this, If you, an yes I know that you are black, was broke down on side of road around here. I live in Belfry area. I would stop to help you, no questions ask. I wouldn't care who it was. I would stop to help someone where I live. If I was driving through or around Louisville on a trip and I seen someone brokedown with a flat or the hood up, I would stop to see if I could help. I would hope that you would do the same. :Thumbs:
Crossbones Wrote:That's where the problem lies. There shouldn't be a difference. I'll say this, If you, an yes I know that you are black, was broke down on side of road around here. I live in Belfry area. I would stop to help you, no questions ask. I wouldn't care who it was. I would stop to help someone where I live. If I was driving through or around Louisville on a trip and I seen someone brokedown with a flat or the hood up, I would stop to see if I could help. I would hope that you would do the same. :Thumbs:
& I would, I applaude you sir on your thoughts and actions, the world would be a better place if everyone thought & acted like you !
Coachdad Wrote:& I would, I applaude you sir on your thoughts and actions, the world would be a better place if everyone thought & acted like you !
But at the same time you do not know that I am black.
Coachdad Wrote:I'm not scared of the written word, just rocks , batteries, hunting rifles pointed at me & things of that nature.
If you ever see me, you'll be able to tell another human being wouldn't scare me. Just weapons & such & that is only if I am unarmed.
I guess then "atmosphere" is a bad word. As is "feel like i'm 14 points down coming off the bus." Wow, you are really trying to find some kind of bulletin board material on here. Does "popcorn" threaten you also? How about "coke and pizza?" What about "candy?" I may not go because they do serve those things at the concession stand and I feel it may be a threat. Plus they are serving "rib eye sandwiches." That does it, i'm threatened by those things.
If cheering and being loud at a football game threatens you, then i'd stay away. We do get loud and cheer a lot for OUR football team. Yes i know what you'll say to this to.......I take that as a threat. As i said in an earlier post, if thats what it takes to get a football team "fired up" for a playoff game, then that is sad on ANYONES part for doing that...How about you stop trying to do that and stick to the game itself?
Plus what you wrote "if you ever see me, you'll be able to tell another human being wouldn't scare me." I take that as a threat. :biglmao:
Coachdad Wrote:But at the same time you do not know that I am black.
ITS ONLY A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME PEOPLE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

This has to be some of the stupidest statements i've ever read concerning A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME. This is really some of the stupidest statements i've ever read concerning ANYTHING.

Yes coachdad, people will help you fix a flat tire. Yes really they will. Come friday night ALL WE'LL SEE ARE BOBCATS AND YELLOW JACKETS!!!!!!!!! Both sides will cheer for there respective teams, we'll boo the officials if we think they made a bad call, at halftime we'll visit the concession stand, after the game we'll stand around and talk, after that we'll all go out and fix flat tires......ITS ONLY A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME. :HitWall:
Coachdad Wrote:But at the same time you do not know that I am black.

Agreed! I assumed you where. Your son plays for Louisville doesn't he? That is where I assumed. From knowing who came from Central to the Ville. For my assumption I apologize. I wouldn't matter anyway. I would still stop.
Coachdad Wrote:And me the opposite , wonder what the difference is ? Hmmmm
Could it be attitude? :eyeroll:
Crossbones Wrote:Agreed! I assumed you where. Your son plays for Louisville doesn't he? That is where I assumed. From knowing who came from Central to the Ville. For my assumption I apologize. I wouldn't matter anyway. I would still stop.
I played at central not my son. Stephan Robinson is the only jacket that is a cardinal& HE IS NOT MY SON. you can narrow it down by reviewing the roster , some belfry fans know who he is & that he DID NOT play at Central also we do have white louisvillians on the team & a few are starters
Coachdad Wrote:I played at central not my son. Stephan Robinson is the only jacket that is a cardinal& HE IS NOT MY SON. you can narrow it down by reviewing the roster , some belfry fans know who he is & that he DID NOT play at Central also we do have white louisvillians on the team & a few are starters

No problem with that. Again, I would still stop. :Thumbs:
Totally off the subject here............What does everyone think of the football game come friday night? :biggrin:
Coachdad Wrote:I played at central not my son. Stephan Robinson is the only jacket that is a cardinal& HE IS NOT MY SON. you can narrow it down by reviewing the roster , some belfry fans know who he is & that he DID NOT play at Central also we do have white louisvillians on the team & a few are starters

Coachdad, I know exactly your name, LOL. I saw your son (who went to Fern Creek and is the size of a f'n house) on Facebook, and yours was linked to him. This has been a while back, though. Glad to see the big man starting on the line at the Ville.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Coachdad, I know exactly your name, LOL. I saw your son (who went to Fern Creek and is the size of a f'n house) on Facebook, and yours was linked to him. This has been a while back, though. Glad to see the big man starting on the line at the Ville.
Belfry fans have my utmost respect you all have an excellent football team & great community & really loved coaching with one of your former greats here in Louisville. 0304 you've always been a class act !
Belfry0304 Wrote:Coachdad, I know exactly your name, LOL. I saw your son (who went to Fern Creek and is the size of a f'n house) on Facebook, and yours was linked to him. This has been a while back, though. Glad to see the big man starting on the line at the Ville.

0304 send me a Facebook req, I'll be glad to add ya !:Thumbs:
BELLBOBCATS Wrote:Totally off the subject here............What does everyone think of the football game come friday night? :biggrin:
Just ignore our sidebarring , & read the threads that interest you. It's the only way I get to talk to my belfry friends sorry
BELLBOBCATS Wrote:Totally off the subject here............What does everyone think of the football game come friday night? :biggrin:

Crossbones Wrote:No problem with that. Again, I would still stop. :Thumbs:

You dont have to stop you've said nothing offensive. You were just off on a good guess.
BELLBOBCATS Wrote:I guess then "atmosphere" is a bad word. As is "feel like i'm 14 points down coming off the bus." Wow, you are really trying to find some kind of bulletin board material on here. Does "popcorn" threaten you also? How about "coke and pizza?" What about "candy?" I may not go because they do serve those things at the concession stand and I feel it may be a threat. Plus they are serving "rib eye sandwiches." That does it, i'm threatened by those things.
If cheering and being loud at a football game threatens you, then i'd stay away. We do get loud and cheer a lot for OUR football team. Yes i know what you'll say to this to.......I take that as a threat. As i said in an earlier post, if thats what it takes to get a football team "fired up" for a playoff game, then that is sad on ANYONES part for doing that...How about you stop trying to do that and stick to the game itself?
Plus what you wrote "if you ever see me, you'll be able to tell another human being wouldn't scare me." I take that as a threat. :biglmao:
Being (feeling) threatened is to ones own interpretation you are well within your rights to feel any way you want. That's what's so great about this country !
Coachdad Wrote:Just ignore our sidebarring , & read the threads that interest you. It's the only way I get to talk to my belfry friends sorry
Oh i don't mind side barring or talk of changing tires or talking to friends at all.....glad this site is here where fans can come together and talk without nonsense about HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL or anything you LIKE talking about and not be trying to dredge things up that won't happen. Or to be trying to get "bulletin board" material over some idiotic statements about being 7 points down coming off the bus or "atmosphere" at a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL game and making it into something else.
Really glad of that.

To all the Louisville Central fans, team and coaches.....be careful on your drive down and DO WATCH OUT FOR DEER. Be safe and we do look forward to a spirited football game friday night. Should be a great game for all fans to enjoy watching and don't pay attention to some IDIOTIC statements that have been made on here about Bell County.
Coachdad Wrote:Being (feeling) threatened is to ones own interpretation you are well within your rights to feel any way you want. That's what's so great about this country !
Please enlighten us as to what has been said that you have interpreted into being or feeling threatened? I'm really curious as to this. Have you ever been to Bell County before?
I hate to see this game played tomorrow, because that's going to mean that this thread ends!!

I have loved it!! THE most entertaining thread for the entire week!!!
Well if you read ALL the posts & not just mine you will see. But after the thread turned positive why are you still concentrating on the negative. Just pay close attention to the other posts instead of zeroing in on mine.
Granny Bear Wrote:I hate to see this game played tomorrow, because that's going to mean that this thread ends!!

I have loved it!! THE most entertaining thread for the entire week!!!

Yes i think its been hilarious myself. The things adults will say over a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL game. People that get on here and say things trying to create problems really amazes me.
Just added ya, Coachdad.

The Breathitt/Belfry thread is a blast as well, go check it out. Pure comedy on BGR this week!
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next