Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
35.00%
Belfry
65.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co @ Belfry 11/16/12
Factsonly Wrote:Please! Our offensive line is one of the best in the state! We'll see Friday when your D line runs into the brick wall! AKA our offensive line! We respect Belfry they always have a good team but don't think we're gonna just come over there lay down and say go ahead you guys win we quit these boys don't know the meaning of the word quit!!!!! Go Bobcats beat Belfry!:worthy:

One of the best in the state....i just laughed out loud....brick wall...maybe you should watch the you tube video that was posted....take it back and tell em what they do wrong...cause if that is the best in the state our guys are ready for the NFL.....geeze your a funny guy...face it pal....get ready for basketball season next week...GO BIG RED,
Well, perhaps I missed it but, it still seems that no one is able to provide an official report on who may or may not be playing. It does seem that there is a starting WR that will most likely miss the game but, as long as Trent is playing for Breathitt, I am confident that the Bobcats will win this game! I am sure that this game will be a barn burner of epic proportions!!!

Breathitt Co. - 31

Belfry - 30
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Any online radio for this game?
According to the Sports Guys it will be heard on

WXCC

http://www.wxccfm.com

WDHR will air the UK game instead.
the difference, jude, may, francis,taylor,wilus.messer. maybe the best o-line in the state. can anyone tell how many rushing yards belfry has this year. im saying you will be able to add 450 more after friday. james may started playing d at the johnson central game impact player on d-line, chewed the bobcat to bits last year expect the same this year
Im not going to say Breathitt Co line is one of the best in the state because that would be a black face lie.Though their line is descent, maybe a little better than average.They do play well it seems in bigger games, when they are more on the line. Breathitt & Belfry are two totally different lines that you couldn't even compare to each other.The reason is the bobcats do alot of pass blocking and zone blocking, and Belfry does alot of run blocking and drive blocking and even when they do pass its alot of play action and bootleg that you almost treat like a run block. Both of these lines are good for their respective offense. In my opinion I don't think belfry couldn't do what Breathitt does in their blocking scheme, but nor do I think that Breathitt could have the success on the ground as Belfry line does. Bottom Line is how can you say one line is better than the other when they both run totally different offense.
Agree with Title town here, while Belfry has evolved into doing some zone blocking, our primary goal is to drive you to the fence line. Belfry is excellent at what they do, Breathitt excellent at what they do.
WXCC carried all Belfry football games as long as I can remeber until Buck put his foot down and made WXCC broadcast Mingo Central. IMO WXCC should NOT be allowed to broadcast ANY Belfry game.
Breathitt Co. -28

Belfry - 24 this will be a great game. both teams are good at what they do. trent will be ready to go . this kid is great player. but he's not the only player breathitt has. he would be the first to tell you that. GOOD LUCK BOBCATS.
[quote=AnotherPirateTD]WXCC carried all Belfry football games as long as I can remeber until Buck put his foot down and made WXCC broadcast Mingo Central. IMO WXCC should NOT be allowed to broadcast ANY Belfry games.
I am not making this a radio thread, but which stations EKB uses to broadcast teams has nothing to do with "Buck". It has to do with "bucks" or "benjamins". You can argue that DHR's signal is not as strong in the Belfry/Pond Creek area, but the chance to cover another high school and be profitable was the one and only reason for the switch. Only UK basketball, and in some instances like last Friday not even UK basketball, bumps Belfry back to XCC. Ironically, one instance was last year's state finals. Belfry will proudly be heard this Friday night on the 100,000 watt powerhouse Coal Country 96.5 WXCC. If you wanna know the sad truth, it is much harder to sell Belfry football than Mingo Central football to advertisers.
AnotherPirateTD Wrote:WXCC carried all Belfry football games as long as I can remeber until Buck put his foot down and made WXCC broadcast Mingo Central. IMO WXCC should NOT be allowed to broadcast ANY Belfry game.

You do realize that all of these stations are part of one conglomerate-- that they are not separate entitities that Belfry istelf goes to and says, OK, you can broadcast our games. The EKB sports crew works hard to sell advertising and cover as many local teams as possible! That being said, it is not a matter of XCC being "allowed" to broadcast anything, it is a matter of EKB radio being proud to put the Pirates on whichever station is the best fit for that Friday night! In this instance, a UK basketball game has pushed the Pirates back to WXCC, but why should anyone seem irritated that Belfry is covered virtually EVERY Friday night on EKB's flag-ship station, WDHR? Many of the other schools in our state would be thrilled to get the local coverage and support that these boys do!!
Radio stations don't matter to me but boy that Bobby Norman sure does suck! LOL!
Hey 0304, you need to go make more shirts and learn to post videos like Panther Thunder did!!! All kidding aside, that video was impressive!!! And believe me my wife keeps me in check!!! If I ever get the big head, she tells me how bad I suck too!!!
PHS95 Wrote:You do realize that all of these stations are part of one conglomerate-- that they are not separate entitities that Belfry istelf goes to and says, OK, you can broadcast our games. The EKB sports crew works hard to sell advertising and cover as many local teams as possible! That being said, it is not a matter of XCC being "allowed" to broadcast anything, it is a matter of EKB radio being proud to put the Pirates on whichever station is the best fit for that Friday night! In this instance, a UK basketball game has pushed the Pirates back to WXCC, but why should anyone seem irritated that Belfry is covered virtually EVERY Friday night on EKB's flag-ship station, WDHR? Many of the other schools in our state would be thrilled to get the local coverage and support that these boys do!!

HMMM I listen to EKB radio all the time. I would be proud to hear it on WXCC. I never listen to WDHR. XCC seems to me like its their flagship station.....Outlaw Andy all the way!
Good evening Belfry fans. I'm sure some of you may remember some of my post last year and I must say that I had a nice little helping of some crow after last year's game. I also must say that many of you on here seem to be very knowledgeable of the game and are very reasonable when it comes to giving credit where credit is due such as giving props to the Trent kid. That being said, I must continue on to post my thoughts on the game this Friday. I do feel that it will be a hard fought valiant effort put forth by the mighty pirates, but realistically your chances of pulling out a victory this year is about the same as Kentucky's is going back in the past to put a guy in front of Laettner or better yet, the same as when we played in 1997. I don't really feel that there's anything that can save you from the butt whooping you're about to receive other than a forfeit which might not be a bad idea for you, but if you insist, I guess you'll just have to bend over. And just so you know Turkey is the only bird I'll be eating this year. ENJOY BROOOOTTTTHEERRRR!!!!
hulkamania Wrote:Good evening Belfry fans. I'm sure some of you may remember some of my post last year and I must say that I had a nice little helping of some crow after last year's game. I also must say that many of you on here seem to be very knowledgeable of the game and are very reasonable when it comes to giving credit where credit is due such as giving props to the Trent kid. That being said, I must continue on to post my thoughts on the game this Friday. I do feel that it will be a hard fought valiant effort put forth by the mighty pirates, but realistically your chances of pulling out a victory this year is about the same as Kentucky's is going back in the past to put a guy in front of Laettner or better yet, the same as when we played in 1997. I don't really feel that there's anything that can save you from the butt whooping you're about to receive other than a forfeit which might not be a bad idea for you, but if you insist, I guess you'll just have to bend over. And just so you know Turkey is the only bird I'll be eating this year. ENJOY BROOOOTTTTHEERRRR!!!!
Such great analysis Nums:please:
Oh Gosh wait till Pirate 1991 gets ahold of this guy lol!!
hulkamania Wrote:And just so you know Turkey is the only bird I'll be eating this year. ENJOY BROOOOTTTTHEERRRR!!!!

[Image: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...Jt1DNSnPlg]

Good call... I am sure this will taste wonderful and be easy to stomach as you listen to a live stream of Belfry vs. Bourbon from the comfort of your couch next Friday. Tryptophan will put you to sleep before the 2nd Half where you can dream of scenarios of how Breathitt could beat Belfry sometime in the next 5 years.
:biggrin:
Belfry rolls in this one!! Insider confirms the football team is hyped and ready..
jdnoble18 Wrote:HMMM I listen to EKB radio all the time. I would be proud to hear it on WXCC. I never listen to WDHR. XCC seems to me like its their flagship station.....Outlaw Andy all the way!

WDHR and WPKE are the flagship stations of East Kentucky Broadcasting, but the point I was making is that we are blessed to have a group of stations that care about broadcasting High School sports, regardless of which station it ends up on!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:[Image: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9G...Jt1DNSnPlg]

Good call... I am sure this will taste wonderful and be easy to stomach as you listen to a live stream of Belfry vs. Bourbon from the comfort of your couch next Friday. Tryptophan will put you to sleep before the 2nd Half where you can dream of scenarios of how Breathitt could beat Belfry sometime in the next 5 years.
:biggrin:

Oh I just love this quote. Here we have a guy or girl who claims to be an alum of EKU, who likes to google big words to find out their meaning so that he/she can use them on here for some sort of "burn" comment. This is so nice. He/she must believe it would make them seem like some sort of football scholar and that he/she must know what they are talking about, oh... how quaint. I may seem like a little dumb hulkamaniac, but a perfect act score along with more education than you would possibly know, being a Belfry fan anwyay (because we all know their education is limited, no offense, because we know you can't help it), would have to prove otherwise. Just enjoy the pirate ship while it last because the cruise ends Friday my friend.
bucslover68 Wrote:Oh Gosh wait till Pirate 1991 gets ahold of this guy lol!!

I'm still waiting...... He must be one of you guys that actually watches football instead of one of the parents because he's not got much to say apparently, but I don't really care if he does, because I feel that we've proved what brilliance comes from those wonderful West Virginia hills when we exposed Mr. EKU.
hulkamania Wrote:Oh I just love this quote. Here we have a guy or girl who claims to be an alum of EKU, who likes to google big words to find out their meaning so that he/she can use them on here for some sort of "burn" comment. This is so nice. He/she must believe it would make them seem like some sort of football scholar and that he/she must know what they are talking about, oh... how quaint. I may seem like a little dumb hulkamaniac, but a perfect act score along with more education than you would possibly know, being a Belfry fan anwyay (because we all know their education is limited, no offense, because we know you can't help it), would have to prove otherwise. Just enjoy the pirate ship while it last because the cruise ends Friday my friend.

Hmmm.... That perfect A.C.T. score taught you a lot about humility, didn't it! I am impressed! I didn't realize that they had modified that exam in order to test self-aggrandizement instead of actual knowledge and skills!
hulkamania Wrote:I'm still waiting...... He must be one of you guys that actually watches football instead of one of the parents because he's not got much to say apparently, but I don't really care if he does, because I feel that we've proved what brilliance comes from those wonderful West Virginia hills when we exposed Mr. EKU.

Or should I have said Mrs. EKU?
hulkamania Wrote:Or should I have said Mrs. EKU?

Hey Nums, all we are asking for is a little football analysis. You talk a big game which is fine with me, but provide some Xs and Os to back up your claims and help legitimize your ACT or is it all an AcT???
If you go back and reread my post I said IMO. Not yours or anyone else.
PHS95 Wrote:Hmmm.... That perfect A.C.T. score taught you a lot about humility, didn't it! I am impressed! I didn't realize that they had modified that exam in order to test self-aggrandizement instead of actual knowledge and skills!

Oh, another nice word... I'm so proud to see that my tax dollars have not gone to waste and that you know how to use google as well. Thank the Lord that our Eastern Kentucky Schools have the internet because otherwise, where would we be? I guess Belfry would just have two fans on here, one that says he/she went to EKU, and one that it seems may have went to Pike Central and cheers on their rival (apparent genious minds of course).
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Well, perhaps I missed it but, it still seems that no one is able to provide an official report on who may or may not be playing. It does seem that there is a starting WR that will most likely miss the game but, as long as Trent is playing for Breathitt, I am confident that the Bobcats will win this game! I am sure that this game will be a barn burner of epic proportions!!!

Breathitt Co. - 31

Belfry - 30

Coach Holcomb said on Jackson radio this morning that all his players
are good to go Friday.
Belfry will have to hang on to the football. I expect a little more scoring than the Breathitt win in 08, but not as much as the beat down Belfry administered in 07. Trent will make some plays, but I predict the Belfry pressure will get to him and he will throw a couple up for grabs. Both teams ability to tackle will be huge because both teams are gonna move the ball. Whichever team can force some third and long situations has a big advantage. Belfry is never built for that down and distance, even though they overcame it a few times against JC. My score...Belfry 34 Breathitt 20.
hulkamania Wrote:Oh I just love this quote. Here we have a guy or girl who claims to be an alum of EKU, who likes to google big words to find out their meaning so that he/she can use them on here for some sort of "burn" comment. This is so nice. He/she must believe it would make them seem like some sort of football scholar and that he/she must know what they are talking about, oh... how quaint. I may seem like a little dumb hulkamaniac, but a perfect act score along with more education than you would possibly know, being a Belfry fan anwyay (because we all know their education is limited, no offense, because we know you can't help it), would have to prove otherwise. Just enjoy the pirate ship while it last because the cruise ends Friday my friend.

You're getting your ACT and ASVAB scores confused again brooooother. Just a heads up: Just because the military paid your tuition doesn't mean you graduated from West Point

**No offense to our military on here, just having some fun with our resident in ornithology.**

I didn't realize Jackson, KY suddenly became the Harvard of the Commonwealth. At least you have that going for you since the football program is destined to always be second fiddle. My suspicion is, much like your spelling as you try to prove a point, that Breathitt is all bark and little bite. Belfry, on the other hand, has just the right amount of both to get that pesky neighborhood cat to tuck tail and run for another full year. Confusedhh:

I do appreciate the rhetoric and the general creativity you are attempting to bring unlike many of your other "breathitt bobcats year baby! we got those belfrey pirates numbers! woooo" brethren.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next