Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
34.00%
Harlan County
66.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County @ Harlan County 11/12
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whats harlans overall passing game looking like this year?

It is great! We have a QB that can throw it accurately and you very well may see some of it Friday. We just like to run it down their throat mostly, especially when they say we can't. He can throw and will. The Black Bears will be ready and Larkey will see to it that they are prepared. Right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I figured that was about what it was, that works on teams close to home, yet when you go up against speed first teams that like the spread there hard to beat because offense usually reflects defense.
Power football is the bread and butter of Whitley as well but i expect Whitley to load the box more this week than they did the first time these two met.
I would think Whitley will try to limit the 5-6 yards per carry game like Harlan likes to get.

Load that box! Right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. They did in the last meeting. I think we had near 400 yards on the ground too. We do have a QB that can pass. We also have an more experienced LB and lay you down lead blockers. This, no question, will be physical. GO BLACK BEARS!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:Load that box! Right at 'em, no tricks, right at 'em. They did in the last meeting. I think we had near 400 yards on the ground too. We do have a QB that can pass. We also have an more experienced LB and lay you down lead blockers. This, no question, will be physical. GO BLACK BEARS!!!

We mostly played our typical defense in the last meeting, with HC running the ball like they do, i'm sure Whitley will bring the house on nearly every down.
The Smith kid killed us in the last meeting rushing for like 280 yards. Whitley will definitely be keying on him Friday.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We mostly played our typical defense in the last meeting, with HC running the ball like they do, i'm sure Whitley will bring the house on nearly every down.
The Smith kid killed us in the last meeting rushing for like 280 yards. Whitley will definitely be keying on him Friday.

Both teams will leave it all on the field! Could be the last game of the year you can't hold anything back!
Last Game stats

Rushing
Harlan County-380
Whitley County-129

This is a good indication of how good HC's running game is, now that Bramlett is fully healthy and Whitley seems to be getting the kinks worked out I expect a lot more rushing yards out of Whitley in this one, but more importantly will be the need to stop HC's running game, or atleast slow it down.
Patriot Wrote:These last few weeks have been the most pathetic display ever on this site! I'm sure a mod would tell you to get a life, how can we help but bring it up you will not stay out of a Harlan County thread since the game always picking against us.

As far as Whitley I believe one of those losses Harlan County gave them trouble.

I'm allowed to state my opinion boo boo.
Could also be a good indication at how tough our defense is. I really think both teams come in with the same gameplan. Stop the other teams running game and run it down their throat. Here's our best now try to stop it.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I figured that was about what it was, that works on teams close to home, yet when you go up against speed first teams that like the spread there hard to beat because offense usually reflects defense.
Power football is the bread and butter of Whitley as well but i expect Whitley to load the box more this week than they did the first time these two met.
I would think Whitley will try to limit the 5-6 yards per carry game like Harlan likes to get.

How will they load it more? Are they not even going to cover the receivers? Last time they played man and had everyone else in there? Watch more carefully. Also, Bramblett was never hurt that last game. You must be confused with another game they played. He was full strength and ran for about 58 yards with 39 of those on one carry (first play after half).
HC fans ate crow a bit after Bell. I predict we are serving crow to you other guys this week. HC 28 WC 21
I believe Brewer threw for a HC passing record once this year for over 180 yards in one game...Correct me if I'm wrong. He can definatley throw it and run it even better, the kid has developed quite a pair of legs on him to run with this year.
3wishes Wrote:I believe Brewer threw for a HC passing record once this year for over 180 yards in one game...Correct me if I'm wrong. He can definatley throw it and run it even better, the kid has developed quite a pair of legs on him to run with this year.

Week 4 9/11 176.
He was awesome that game! Really helped his confidence. We can count on a good pass but a lot of times we don't need to especially since he had started running more. His running and a pass attempt ever so often is a good way to keep the opposing defense guessing.
whitley county pulls off the upset 28-26
Brewer is not a threat to throw anything over 5 yds.

This will be a very fun game to watch.
Harlan Co. by 20+..
And that's a pretty real post seeing as how that is around the # they beat Whitley by the first time....
William Muney Wrote:Brewer is not a threat to throw anything over 5 yds.

This will be a very fun game to watch.

You are wrong. He doesn't get a lot of chances but has had some nice passes this year. He is around 50 percent comp % and has had several drops. He is a heck of a runner.
3wishes Wrote:I believe Brewer threw for a HC passing record once this year for over 180 yards in one game...Correct me if I'm wrong. He can definatley throw it and run it even better, the kid has developed quite a pair of legs on him to run with this year.

I think the most amazing stat of them all is the fact that 180 yards is the HC passing record.
They really pound the ball.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think the most amazing stat of them all is the fact that 180 yards is the HC passing record.

I was going to mention that as well. If that's a new passing record at HC that tells you how heavy they rely on the run game......
As for now I'm still leaning towards Harlan Co. as my pick to win Friday night but it's not a done deal just yet.......
I just don't think Whitley can stop the run regardless of how they fill the middle up. I would change my pick for sure if Harlan Co. starts throwing the ball in this game. You don't change up this time of year when you're not used to doing what you set out to do for this game. If the Bears start throwing the ball I think that favors Whitley in a big way. I don't see Larkey doing that. I'd be surprised if he threw it more than 6 or 7 times.
BTW.....
Zaga will not be in attendance for this one Sad
Something came up and I have to play music in South Laurel tomorrow night.
Colonels!!!!
PLEASE MAKE SOME NOISE IN MY ABSENCE!!!!
The only way WC can play with the Bears is by throwing the ball. If they try to run over the Bears, the Bears will beat them bad.
HCHS - 34
WC - 14
zaga_fan Wrote:BTW.....
Zaga will not be in attendance for this one Sad
Something came up and I have to play music in South Laurel tomorrow night.
Colonels!!!!
PLEASE MAKE SOME NOISE IN MY ABSENCE!!!!

Zaga you don't have to make up an excuse. The Momma Bears will forgive you for being at the Bell/Lawrence game tomorrow night....:biggrin:
easyM Wrote:Zaga you don't have to make up an excuse. The Momma Bears will forgive you for being at the Bell/Lawrence game tomorrow night....:biggrin:

LOL
I've already seen Bell impose their will on one team this year Wink
Finally, the Black Bears need to get a good nights sleep and tomorrow evening at 7:30pm open that can of ....FILTHY ANIMALS! O-Line lay the blocks, lead blockers clear it, and backs bust it!! Filthy Animals...LAY THE CHUNK TO 'EM!!! The Black Bears must take care of the ball and be disciplined. Nothing to do but doing it! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
The Filthy Animals will have a big night and roll into the 3rd round of the playoffs.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think the most amazing stat of them all is the fact that 180 yards is the HC passing record.

The school is only 3 years old, not too many chances to have much more yardage.

What is PCC rushing record n one game?
Yogibear Wrote:How will they load it more? Are they not even going to cover the receivers? Last time they played man and had everyone else in there? Watch more carefully. Also, Bramblett was never hurt that last game. You must be confused with another game they played. He was full strength and ran for about 58 yards with 39 of those on one carry (first play after half).

What are you smoking? we played a four down guys with four linebackers like we usually do and the backers usually walk up as an end on one side. Our secondary stayed back all night and played conservative.
And since you obviously have no passing game at all I think Whitley is going to make you try to pass the ball which plays in our favor because our secondary is stronger than our front 4 as a unit.

Bramlett gimped all around that field that night. YOU need to pay more attention. As for HC i couldn't tell you what they ran for the most part but I know just about every play Whitley is going to run on both sides of the ball cause i have watched them so much.

Bramlett will speak for his self tomorrow night, you definitely wont hold him under a 100. It's the rest of the offense im worried about for Whitley. If our half backs get going on the outside and break HC's containment then we will be in good shape.
BTW does anyone have good directions to the field?
The last time we had all kinds of trouble, found it but definitely should have made it quicker.
My intelligent "gps" minded brother was way off and should have got a real gps.
I need some good directions from like Corbin or Barbourville.
Thanks, just looking for the best possible way there.
Need to try and be early. The gates will be closed at feeding time! GO BLACK BEARS!
BB CLAW Wrote:Need to try and be early. The gates will be closed at feeding time! GO BLACK BEARS!

That help me this many .......0