Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2010
Belfry0304 Wrote:Believe it folks, you now have the name of the "new kid" - Jeffree Pruitt is David Jones' half brother, and HAS RAN a legit 4.48, but when the Belfry coaches timed him he ran a 4.74 or something, however he was in street clothes.
This is true.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Good to hear he's training. How is it? The kid is so fast and will only get faster. But Coach Haywood likely won't throw him in there to be eaten by huge 300 pound kids yet. Wouldn't be surprised if he was back there returning kicks this year, though.
I agree returning kicks.
how did the full contact go today?
Just some reports and ideas from my first practice watched on Thursday morning. 70-71 out by my head count. 76 total, according to coach Anthony Tackett, with a few not at practice. IMO, if the first game was today, Runyon at FB, Carroll and Jeffrey Pruitt at the HB spots with Madison Ghormley, Willis, and a couple of others in the mix. Freshman Sani Warren will be hard to keep out of the lineup as will freshman Justin Johnson. Freshman Timmy May could also contribute. There are a couple of others that will be in the mix in the backfield. Tyler Williams is set to go at QB, but how long before Warren takes the controls may be the biggest question. Tyler is much more physical than Sani, but the future talent of Warren is undeniable. Actually, either of these QBs has enough football skill to play other positions and here is a question I will throw out there, "Is a two-QB system in the works for Belfry this year?" That is just a thought and nothing more or less.
IMO, here will be the strengths for this Belfry team. The O-line should develop into a real cohesive unit. Runyon at FB is in much better shape than last year and can be a horse on both sides of the ball. Carroll and Pruitt will provide the burst in the backfield.
Question marks and weaknesses. How will the Belfry D improve up the middle? Gibbs and Bentley will be solid at end and all the pieces are in place at LB, but Belfry really got pushed around at times. What factor will Micah Mahon play on both sides of the ball? His height and athleticism will be key.
I see Belfry as a highly dangerous team that will be much more versatile offensively if Haywood chooses to be. You had better beat Belfry early and you had better beat them this year, because the guns are getting reloaded with a great run of talent coming in. The overall quickness and team speed of Belfry has improved and these factors will make Belfry a top 5 or 6 team in the pre-season in 3A IMO.
Great report Buclovers68. Love to see 70+ kids out for the team!

Keep us posted.
I truly believe this isn't a "year to beat them while they're down." I was watching those guys out there and I think Belfry is going to be VERY dangerous this year
belfry0304 Wrote:i truly believe this isn't a "year to beat them while they're down." i was watching those guys out there and i think belfry is going to be very dangerous this year
well put, this team is solid, and the abcense of a superstar makes them even more frightning, im going to say belfry wins 9 games in regular season, ashland, jc, might be the only teams to have a chance, well have our hand full but this is a good team
Awesome info bucs!
The general mood around the program seems to be more positive/optimistic than it was during the offseason.

What kind of size will Belfry have on the LOS's?
MADJACK75 Wrote:well put, this team is solid, and the abcense of a superstar makes them even more frightning, im going to say belfry wins 9 games in regular season, ashland, jc, might be the only teams to have a chance, well have our hand full but this is a good team

I would think that there are a couple other teams that would have a "chance" of upsetting Belfry. But we don't know for sure until the "rubber meets the road."
The Contrarian Wrote:I would think that there are a couple other teams that would have a "chance" of upsetting Belfry. But we don't know for sure until the "rubber meets the road."
upset is the key word here, all teams have a shot, and like he said we will have our hands full sheldon clark, lcc, whitley, p-burg, all others are games that bhs will have to play their best to win. as far as size they are no small linemen in this group and is probably the best power running back field since we won state and they are fast and deep
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:upset is the key word here, all teams have a shot, and like he said we will have our hands full sheldon clark, lcc, whitley, p-burg, all others are games that bhs will have to play their best to win. as far as size they are no small linemen in this group and is probably the best power running back field since we won state and they are fast and deep

they do have alot of depth in the back field,but the tuffest game of the year probally be JC....
Can anyone list the probable starters on the offensive line, with their size? Just trying to get an idea of what kind of beef might be up front this coming season.

Thanks
PaytoPlay Wrote:Can anyone list the probable starters on the offensive line, with their size? Just trying to get an idea of what kind of beef might be up front this coming season.

Thanks

if there big and cant move it dont matter lets hope them is some kind of quickness with the line..
PaytoPlay Wrote:Can anyone list the probable starters on the offensive line, with their size? Just trying to get an idea of what kind of beef might be up front this coming season.

Thanks

Cameron Tackett (5'11 240), Keegan Fields (5'7 255), Garett Francis (5'9 215), Micah Mahon (6'4 225), Preston Dotson (5'11 210), Josh Nelson (5'11 230) -- We'd say those are the most likely candiates for the 5 spots. Maybe Tuffy Willis (5'7 235).

Those are just rough guesses... but I'd say they're pretty accurate.
Quote:Cameron Tackett (5'11 240), Keegan Fields (5'7 255), Garett Francis (5'9 215), Micah Mahon (6'4 225), Preston Dotson (5'11 210), Josh Nelson (5'11 230) -- We'd say those are the most likely candiates for the 5 spots. Maybe Tuffy Willis (5'7 235).
Well I knew Cameron liked you for a reason...hehehe...but he is more like 260 right now! With 2 a days he may have lost some weight but he still isnt 240. I would venture to guess Micah weighs more too...At any rate they will be quick off the line...no worries at that! The offensive line always pulls through!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Cameron Tackett (5'11 240), Keegan Fields (5'7 255), Garett Francis (5'9 215), Micah Mahon (6'4 225), Preston Dotson (5'11 210), Josh Nelson (5'11 230) -- We'd say those are the most likely candiates for the 5 spots. Maybe Tuffy Willis (5'7 235).

Those are just rough guesses... but I'd say they're pretty accurate.

they say tuffy will be a beast b4 he leaves Belfry..
Did Runyon start fullback last year for Belfry and wore #5? If so, he is a load and if I were Coach Haywood, I'd feed him the ball til the opposing team stopped it. That's what they did against us, and we just didn't have an answer on defense.
troubles Wrote:How deep is Belfry in the Q.B. position?

Willams a strong kid who did a great job last year
Warran could be one of the best to have the QB
job he needs some size right now but looks good
we are deep at that spot two really goods ones.
TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
belfry0304 Wrote:cameron tackett (5'11 240), keegan fields (5'7 255), garett francis (5'9 215), micah mahon (6'4 225), preston dotson (5'11 210), josh nelson (5'11 230) -- we'd say those are the most likely candiates for the 5 spots. Maybe tuffy willis (5'7 235).

Those are just rough guesses... But i'd say they're pretty accurate.
i think these sizes are from last year, dotson is every bit 6'2 and 225 or more, tackett looks much bigger, garett has the best work ethic of them all, dont forget james may i would put him ahead of nelson and willis and even with dotson
LClion4life Wrote:Did Runyon start fullback last year for Belfry and wore #5? If so, he is a load and if I were Coach Haywood, I'd feed him the ball til the opposing team stopped it. That's what they did against us, and we just didn't have an answer on defense.

thats him
Yeah he's a beast!
How's the offensive line looking
Who's ready for the season?
well its down to 2 weeks before they play P-burg,so how much have they improved since day one, and how much will they improve b4 the 1st game?
cuppett777 Wrote:well its down to 2 weeks before they play P-burg,so how much have they improved since day one, and how much will they improve b4 the 1st game?
today is the last day of two a days, ill get to see a lot more friday when the scrimmage hazzard, but ill say they look good. havent got ot see a lot of d. they mostly practice d in the morning but the o is looking good, gary and caroll and ?. i saw trey willus running some fullback yesterday. still one spot up for grabs on the line, but i have to give the edge to preston dotson. 6'2 250 his father told me yesterday.
THE 8TH MULE Wrote:today is the last day of two a days, ill get to see a lot more friday when the scrimmage hazzard, but ill say they look good. havent got ot see a lot of d. they mostly practice d in the morning but the o is looking good, gary and caroll and ?. i saw trey willus running some fullback yesterday. still one spot up for grabs on the line, but i have to give the edge to preston dotson. 6'2 250 his father told me yesterday.

sounds good, they have more than enough backs to fill each of the 3 spots..
Who's ready for some football........ Pirate Style??? Smile

2-A-DAYS are completed and the boys have worked hard.... Good luck Pirates on an outstanding season....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:Who's ready for some football........ Pirate Style??? Smile

2-A-DAYS are completed and the boys have worked hard.... Good luck Pirates on an outstanding season....

MEEEEEEEEEE,lol
[Image: http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-s...9484_n.jpg]

What yall think?