Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
27.00%
Highlands
73.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Highlands 11/20
kywldcat01 Wrote:Doubtful...both John Hardin and Bowling Green are better teams than JC, IMO.

:please:Not so sure about that. Christian County sure wasn't last year. I think Whitley or JC gives the west finalist a pretty good thrashing if they get by Highlands in 2008.
Johnson Central isn't going to back down to Highlands! I hope they at least give them what they got last year. Johnson Central, and Whitley last year gave the Bluebirds all they wanted.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Highlands scores a bunch. Score is 14-7 at half. Highlands takes care of business in the 2nd half and JC scores again early in the 4th. 35-14 Highlands wins a hard fought game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Johnson Central isn't going to back down to Highlands! I hope they at least give them what they got last year. Johnson Central, and Whitley last year gave the Bluebirds all they wanted.

Yes, you are right. They gave us a victory!
sstack Wrote:Yes, you are right. They gave us a victory!

For which we were grateful.:biggrin:
NCC41 Wrote:That's nice and all I guess saying you're gonna give them a game or a good test. But unfortunately you don't move on by giving someone a good game or a stern test. I like the JC posters who say,” we’re coming up there and we're gonna play smashed mouth football and win the game." Do you think the Highland's folks are saying, "Well I think the Highlands boys will give'em a good game, or play'em tough?" Heck no! I'm sure the JC players aren't thinking like that. As I've said before, Central will not win this game, period! If anything short of a win is satisfactory to your program then you've got a ways to go.

Answers like this are the reason for my statement.

Obviously, there are many of the HHS faithful (and judging by the NCC in your name, Northern Kentuckians in general) who have zero respect for Johnson Central football and our chances in this game. Reading previous threads, the same people had zero respect for the two previous playoff opponents. I can guarantee there won't be any more respect for the next playoff opponent, whether it be Letcher or Pulaski. And I really doubt given the way the North has handled the West the last few years there'll be any respect for the state finals opponents. So who in 5A WOULD you people respect? Who WOULD you admit has a chance to play with and beat the Bluebirds? Louisville St. X? Maybe the Bengals? I suspect a few of you would pick the Birds over the Bengals in Paul Brown by two touchdowns.

My own personal thought is that the HHS fans and media (not the team, I think they'll know what to expect) will be just as surprised by the toughness and willpower and strength and especially the speed of the Golden Eagles, and that we will have good success in running the ball. If we can make a few critical stops at the right times, I think we can win, yes. I certainly will never say we have no chance, unlike many of the NKY posters do, and frankly find the way that many of you (obviously there are several HHS fans who are exceptions to this) disrespect every other football team in the state (save maybe St. X) disgraceful. There's a way to be gracious winners. Keep looking for it.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Johnson Central isn't going to back down to Highlands! I hope they at least give them what they got last year. Johnson Central, and Whitley last year gave the Bluebirds all they wanted.

You must be kidding or delirious from too much shine!:please:
Not that it matters but last years final score was hhs 35 and jc 21
Diogenes Wrote:Obviously, there are many of the HHS faithful (and judging by the NCC in your name, Northern Kentuckians in general) who have zero respect for Johnson Central football and our chances in this game. Reading previous threads, the same people had zero respect for the two previous playoff opponents. I can guarantee there won't be any more respect for the next playoff opponent, whether it be Letcher or Pulaski. And I really doubt given the way the North has handled the West the last few years there'll be any respect for the state finals opponents. So who in 5A WOULD you people respect? Who WOULD you admit has a chance to play with and beat the Bluebirds? Louisville St. X? Maybe the Bengals? I suspect a few of you would pick the Birds over the Bengals in Paul Brown by two touchdowns.

A lack of respct for the teams, or for the BGR posters from those teams? Speaking for myself, I've got a ton of respect for anyone who has the stones to go against Highlands. It's the posters who can't string together a simple sentence that I'm perfectly willing to open up on. I'm 47, too old to even consider playing the game anymore, so in addition to respecting the opponents, I envy them for still being able to be a part of it.

Diogenes Wrote:There's a way to be gracious winners. Keep looking for it.

I'll go unpack it from the drawer for Friday. If your boys can pull off the win, I'll be interested in seeing how you react. :rockon:
Diogenes Wrote:That's nice and all I guess saying you're gonna give them a game or a good test. But unfortunately you don't move on by giving someone a good game or a stern test. I like the JC posters who say,” we’re coming up there and we're gonna play smashed mouth football and win the game." Do you think the Highland's folks are saying, "Well I think the Highlands boys will give'em a good game, or play'em tough?" Heck no! I'm sure the JC players aren't thinking like that. As I've said before, Central will not win this game, period! If anything short of a win is satisfactory to your program then you've got a ways to go.

Answers like this are the reason for my statement.

Obviously, there are many of the HHS faithful (and judging by the NCC in your name, Northern Kentuckians in general) who have zero respect for Johnson Central football and our chances in this game. Reading previous threads, the same people had zero respect for the two previous playoff opponents. I can guarantee there won't be any more respect for the next playoff opponent, whether it be Letcher or Pulaski. And I really doubt given the way the North has handled the West the last few years there'll be any respect for the state finals opponents. So who in 5A WOULD you people respect? Who WOULD you admit has a chance to play with and beat the Bluebirds? Louisville St. X? Maybe the Bengals? I suspect a few of you would pick the Birds over the Bengals in Paul Brown by two touchdowns.

My own personal thought is that the HHS fans and media (not the team, I think they'll know what to expect) will be just as surprised by the toughness and willpower and strength and especially the speed of the Golden Eagles, and that we will have good success in running the ball. If we can make a few critical stops at the right times, I think we can win, yes. I certainly will never say we have no chance, unlike many of the NKY posters do, and frankly find the way that many of you (obviously there are several HHS fans who are exceptions to this) disrespect every other football team in the state (save maybe St. X) disgraceful. There's a way to be gracious winners. Keep looking for it.[/QUOTE]

Part of your statement is accurate. The part that is accurate is my statement that you will not win. I'm sorry if you think that is disrespecting your program. I don't disrespect your program. If Highlands played Bellevue tomorrow I would make the same statement. It doesn't mean I disrespect Belleview's football program. It means I'm certain that Highlands will win. Instead of the usual comments about the arrogance or cockiness of a poster please state the reasons why your team wins on Friday night. You've indicated, "If we” and “I think we can." I've stated, "you will not."
I would like to see JC win this one but i don't think that it
will happen. BLUE BIRDS by 3tds in this one maybe more.
NCC41 Wrote:Answers like this are the reason for my statement.

My own personal thought is that the HHS fans and media (not the team, I think they'll know what to expect) will be just as surprised by the toughness and willpower and strength and especially the speed of the Golden Eagles, and that we will have good success in running the ball. If we can make a few critical stops at the right times, I think we can win, yes. I certainly will never say we have no chance, unlike many of the NKY posters do, and frankly find the way that many of you (obviously there are several HHS fans who are exceptions to this) disrespect every other football team in the state (save maybe St. X) disgraceful. There's a way to be gracious winners. Keep looking for it.

Part of your statement is accurate. The part that is accurate is my statement that you will not win. I'm sorry if you think that is disrespecting your program. I don't disrespect your program. If Highlands played Bellevue tomorrow I would make the same statement. It doesn't mean I disrespect Belleview's football program. It means I'm certain that Highlands will win. Instead of the usual comments about the arrogance or cockiness of a poster please state the reasons why your team wins on Friday night. You've indicated, "If we” and “I think we can." I've stated, "you will not."[/QUOTE]

This year the Blue Birds can beat St. X THEY ARE THAT GOOD.
Diogenes Wrote:Answers like this are the reason for my statement.

How is it disrespectful to voice your opinion that you think your team will win? Not a lack of respect at all, but rather confidence in what we think Highlands is capable of. Unlike a lot of the JC posters on here, we KNOW what Highlands is going to do, rather than "thinking" and providing "if" scenarios that our team would need to win.

Highlands is honestly that good this year. No team in the state has an offense good enough to outscore them, or a defense good enough to stop them. If you saw the game against Cincy St. X, you'd know why the Highlands and nky posters have so much confidence in the team.

I personally think St. X would give the Birds a great game, but Highlands just seems to be too good on both sides of the ball this year to lose to anyone in KY. Now the Bengals, I'd favor the Birds by three touchdowns...not two. Wink

In all seriousness, the players and coaches respect any and every opponent that steps on the field with them. I personally have a lot of respect for the JC football program as well after seeing them first hand last year and seeing what Matney has built down there at JC. I've said it over and over...that atmosphere down at JC is unreal and one of the best I've ever been apart of for a high school game.

It's just some of the JC posters on here that I have a lack of respect for. I bet 95% of them haven't seen Highlands this year, but yet they make off the wall predictions, such as JC will move the ball at will against the Birds. NOBODY has done that to Highlands defense, so why would JC be the team that changes that trend?

Quote:My own personal thought is that the HHS fans and media (not the team, I think they'll know what to expect) will be just as surprised by the toughness and willpower and strength and especially the speed of the Golden Eagles, and that we will have good success in running the ball. If we can make a few critical stops at the right times, I think we can win, yes. I certainly will never say we have no chance, unlike many of the NKY posters do, and frankly find the way that many of you (obviously there are several HHS fans who are exceptions to this) disrespect every other football team in the state (save maybe St. X) disgraceful. There's a way to be gracious winners. Keep looking for it.

Everyone knows JC is going to come in to this game fired up and ready to play. Nobody has said otherwise. But at the same time, realize that Highlands has just as much strength, toughness, willpower, and especially speed as the Golden Eagles, if not more. I don't think some of you realize the type of team speed that Highlands has.

As far as being gracious winners...thanks for already crowning us the winners of this game. Great confidence in your team. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:How is it disrespectful to voice your opinion that you think your team will win? Not a lack of respect at all, but rather confidence in what we think Highlands is capable of. Unlike a lot of the JC posters on here, we KNOW what Highlands is going to do, rather than "thinking" and providing "if" scenarios that our team would need to win.

And we KNOW what JC is going to do. I'd say that 95% of the dissenting posters here have not seen JC play either. I'll respect your opinion that we may not win, but when people say we have NO chance, MY opinion is that you're selling us a little bit short.
I cant believe that i am awake and on here at 2:42 am. This is all I can think about. I'm going to say it. JCHS wins this game Friday, I know that in reality that everything points to the fact that I am crazy for saying this. But its going to happen.
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I cant believe that i am awake and on here at 2:42 am. This is all I can think about. I'm going to say it. JCHS wins this game Friday, I know that in reality that everything points to the fact that I am crazy for saying this. But its going to happen.

Last year you predicted that the Johnson Central JV would take over by half. You've long ago passed the realm of crazy.:lmao:
brown_ind1977 Wrote:I cant believe that i am awake and on here at 2:42 am. This is all I can think about. I'm going to say it. JCHS wins this game Friday, I know that in reality that everything points to the fact that I am crazy for saying this. But its going to happen.

Wow...bold statement. About time a JC fan stepped up and came out and said with confidence that their team was gonna win.
The folks that would know Johnson Central best have ranked them 8th in the WYMT Mountain Top Ten Poll. That's pretty telling about what folks from your area think of Johnson Central. I doubt that anyone from Northern KY had a vote.
After seeing three JC game tapes (actually DVDs) I am confident that the Eagles will move the ball FAIRLY well on the Birds. Their backfield is impressive and their line play showed great discipline, speed and strength.

With that said, I am also confident that if they do not start the game with a 48 minute scoring drive their D will have more than a few problems with keeping Highlands out of the end zone.
Blau Vogel Wrote:After seeing three JC game tapes (actually DVDs) I am confident that the Eagles will move the ball FAIRLY well on the Birds. Their backfield is impressive and their line play showed great discipline, speed and strength.

With that said, I am also confident that if they do not start the game with a 48 minute scoring drive their D will have more than a few problems with keeping Highlands out of the end zone.

Just curious as to who they were playing.
NCC41 Wrote:Just curious as to who they were playing.

Just a quess, but I think Blau Vogel saw Cov. Cath., Scott, Belfry.
tradition Wrote:Just a quess, but I think Blau Vogel saw Cov. Cath., Scott, Belfry.

That's a pretty good guess...You must be clairvoyant.
Highlands should win but whether they do or not is a different story
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and jc will again this year,jc is the second best team in 5a,then your bg,john hardin, cc so on down the line......
i think highlands will overlook jc and that will cause them to lose
All I have to say is good luck to JC.......
First game of the year for Highlands, opening drive at Ryle, Raiders march 90 yds methodically downfield for a score. I said to the guy next to me, "THAT reminds me of Johnson Central last year." From that point on HHS D stuffed the Raiders. And later in the year, repeated the feat. My point: HHS has played "smash-mouth" one dimensional teams to prepare for the likes of JC. Don't be fooled that we won't be ready!!
Why did Highlands play Ryle twice?
MR. Slate Wrote:Why did Highlands play Ryle twice?

Holmes dropping down to 4A left a void on Highlands schedule and they couldn't find another game. Both Ryle and Highlands had an opening in the last week so decided to play again.
Blau Vogel Wrote:After seeing three JC game tapes (actually DVDs) I am confident that the Eagles will move the ball FAIRLY well on the Birds. Their backfield is impressive and their line play showed great discipline, speed and strength.

It's good you saw some tapes b/c JC is notorious for holding out on game tapes. The lengths some teams go to try and win......
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next