•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley will Start Interviews 6/9
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Yes, it has been said that 3 ppl have been made offers....but does anyone know what limitations were placed on the folks being offered the position ie. will they be permitted to hire at least 1 assistant of their own, will their contract only be 1 yr or so? Was it made so that they would refuse? Secondly, if Eric Ratliff was the 4th choice - what does that tell you?????? I sure don't want my son coached by the 4th best choice....
I am hearing now that there will not be a site based meeting Fri to allow parents to speak but the principal is opening his door today for all interested parties who would like to speak to him.
Again, I would encourage everyone to go speak on behalf of this program.
I have also heard that one of the site base folks said to someone that Roberts did not have an app in and could not be considered...we all know that is not the whole truth. They could in fact accept, interview and hire him.
How can you justify hiring someone who doesn,t apply? What about all the people that did apply? If Roberts was there and knew of the open job that tells me he didn,t want it. How long has Roberts been there? I don,t recall his position on last years team?
Has anyone talked to Hampton or Branham? If I were either of them I think I,d be wondering whats going on here. Inaction speaks loudly sometimes! They may be offered the job when no-one else takes it and deals can,t be made and decide they don,t want a short career there either.
Rumor has it that Roberts has not applied at this time. No one expects that he be hired without applying. Just saying if he is interested we would hope they would consider and accept his application. Roberts came on after the season - with constant pleading by parents and Saunders he was finally given an assistant. As far as Branham/Hampton I am not sure whether they have been approached at all...
You guys need to consider Branham. He does have HEAD COACHING experience and it's getting late. At least he has some head coaching experience and practice starts July 10th and you don't have a head coach.
Branham or Hampton will both be good coaches for the program. Who ever gets it better establish a j.v. team. They have a lot of seniors next year.
This job process has drug out long enough. If Shelby Valley is going to continue building its program they need a coach and need a coach now. Roberts is not the answer, not in any way questioning roberts ability as a coach but he has clearly stated that he wants to just be an assistant at this point in his life. The players should had started learning the a new coaches offense and defensive schemes within weeks after saunders announced his disparture. Valley has talent to be an above average team this year like it was 2 years ago when the won the playoff game, but without a leader or without a good leader they will not reach this potential. The adminstration at Valley needs to find a coach and find them soon!!!
I agree with you. Administration needs to find a head coach asap. I agree to that Roberts is not the answer because he done not want to be a head coach right now. I like Roberts very much and I think he has done a great job as an assistant coach. But that is what he is suppose to do. Suppose to work hard that is how any coach in any position should feel in my opinion.

I think it will be risky at this point for someone to come in and coach. Nobody seems to want any locals and someone from the outside is most likely not going to take the chance at this point. No help (assistants) other than Roberts who is great but has aspirations (or at least with his abilities he should) of becoming a head coach. I would like to think he would want to be a head coach here someday. He is a good man. I just think anyone looking for a hc position from the outside would think it would not be a lasting thing possibly due to this fact plus they have let this drag on and now not many takers under the circumstances.
Almost time to start the season haven't they hired someone yet?
once upon a time Wrote:This job process has drug out long enough. If Shelby Valley is going to continue building its program they need a coach and need a coach now. Roberts is not the answer, not in any way questioning roberts ability as a coach but he has clearly stated that he wants to just be an assistant at this point in his life. The players should had started learning the a new coaches offense and defensive schemes within weeks after saunders announced his disparture. Valley has talent to be an above average team this year like it was 2 years ago when the won the playoff game, but without a leader or without a good leader they will not reach this potential. The adminstration at Valley needs to find a coach and find them soon!!!
You can't actually practice plays until after dead period, so as far as the players not knowing what they are going to run, it isn't any different than any team that had a coaching change after the spring training period, so they aren't going to be way behind. I agree with the process being dragged out too long though.
I think you are right borderlord. However, the boys need to meet and know their coach. Also I think the fact that a coach cannot bring anyone with them puts a strain on a new coach and it does make it appealing to one as well. Unless it is one that has just started a coaching/teaching career. I may be wrong in saying this but I think it would be helpful to all if this process was taken care of early on.
Any news?
As much as I would like to see Valley bring in new blood, I think they better hire one of the local boys at this late point. I don't think any Head Coach worth his salt would leave his current team to coach another. If he did I would be leary of him. Saunders left the school at a late enough point to cause turmoil so another coach that would leave his team and do the same would not be worth the trouble in the future.
I agree Valley Blue and I think that is why the have no one to take the position from out of state. I think it would be risky for them as well. I also agree with you about Saunders leaving at a late point. I also think it would be risky for someone to come in with no help. The only assisstant a coach could be sure of at this point is Roberts. The rest would be iffy in my opinion. So much has been said about each of them. If the locals aren't hired I would be real surprised if they would be dependable for another coach. Easier said than done.
The community seems to be behind Roberts more so than the local applicants so if he indeed has not applied maybe FD should approch him about taking the job. All HC get their feet wet somewhere. He will need alot of support from the school and the community to make it work. I agree with everything you said pikewildkat, it would be a risk this late in the summer.
Does anyone know what the holdup is? Are they still trying to get someone from out of state? Does Rpoberts seem remotely interested in the job. What if he takes it, will have any help? I know others have stated they would help but that remians to be seen.
anybody have a clue who it will be?if anygood coaches out there need a job contact madisonville north hopkins they need a coach..
I fear if Roberts were to take the job those that said they would be willing to help may have sour grapes. However, I don't know if the new HC would even want those guys to help. No matter who takes it they need more help in the way of assistant coaches. We need a coach and we need one fast.

pikewildkat Wrote:Does anyone know what the holdup is? Are they still trying to get someone from out of state? Does Rpoberts seem remotely interested in the job. What if he takes it, will have any help? I know others have stated they would help but that remians to be seen.
I agree Valley blue. You are definitely right on.... I think whoever gets the job will not have much help if any other than Roberts. 2 on coaching staff and nothing more than a statement of help from the others will make it difficult on the coaches. That's for sure.
What's the rumor of the day?
Borderlord i dont know how much football you actually played in high school but it is common knowledge that coaches cheat and go against the dead period and against offseason rules all the time. If a new coach would had came in as soon as Saunders left you could bet quite a bit of money that Valley would not had been running Saunders old offense through out their passing league.. The new coach would had implemented a small portion of his as soon as he set foot on campus
I just heard that they will make the decision today. I dont think it is a shocker though.
So which one are the settling for? Heard they were turned down again so I'm guessing one of the local guys will be the new HC.
Your next coach is a local guy.

I hope they announce it today.
They needed someone in there a month ago. It is a good thing that they got someone like Roberts to captain the ship in this time of HC absence.
Any news on who they hired? If they did hire anyone.
betsylaynealum Wrote:Your next coach is a local guy.

I hope they announce it today.

If you know who it is give us a name or at least a good hint.
Like I have said before, it will be difficult to hire a new coach with stipulations in place. As for Roberts, I think you must be a certified employee to be HC. As far as I know he is not a teacher in the SV area,unless a teaching position has been created for him. Pike Central has been through the same (coach first-teacher second).
The Claw Wrote:Like I have said before, it will be difficult to hire a new coach with stipulations in place. As for Roberts, I think you must be a certified employee to be HC. As far as I know he is not a teacher in the SV area,unless a teaching position has been created for him. Pike Central has been through the same (coach first-teacher second).

By the sound of some of these folks, Roberts is too busy walking on water and turning gatorade into wine to teach.:worthy:
I think Hampton is the logical choice.
I'm not an AD, but the season starts in about 2 months. It is almost the dead period. 7 on 7 is/ has been going on. SHOULDN'T THEY HIRE SOMEBODY?
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next