Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2009
GC2144 Wrote:"Wurtland is only 2 miles from Raceland if that far. So how is convience considered recruiting when the parents does not want to drive futher to have their children to play football? Does any of the town's in the Greenup Co. school district have JFL teams? I know the reason that so many Wurtland kids do transfer to Raceland is because of convience."

Ummm, Wurtland has JFL...... and they practice at Wurtland Middle most of the time. Why would it be more convenient to go to Raceland if they can play at their own school?? Doesnt make much sense to me unless someone is "recruiting"...... Say what you will, Vanderhoof may not do it, but his croonies on down the line do. JMO

I admit, I did not know that Wurtland had JFL. How long have they had a JFL? I have not lived in the area for many years, but I still frequently visit my family there. I didn't remember them having one when I was little, we always played in the Russell/Flatwoods league or Boyd Co. What I meant about Wurtland kids, and I did not clearly state it, is about going to High School because Raceland HS is much closer than Greenup Co.
Kosar Wrote:Before you start making academic arguments Wurtland Elem, destroyed Raceland in test scores last year. And yes all kids in GC school districts have a chance to play JFL, and the beat Raceland in almost every grade.

I was not necessarily talking about test scores. I was talking about school size. Many people are uncomfortable in a school as large as GCHS. Good for Greenup Co. schools for having a JFL. Anything to improve the quality of football and other sports in NEKY. I root for everybody in the area especially the 3 schools in Greenup Co. because I grew up there. I love it when NEKY gets positive press, especially here in the Louisville area, because so I get to read little good press about NEKY. A couple of years ago when Greenup was making their playoff run, I was hoping to see them make it to Lou. so I could see a local team close to where I live.
Back to the thread. Anybody know the home dates for the 09 season?
bac2369 Wrote:I would really like to see Raceland next year get over the hump and defeat a good LCA team. Raceland has a lot of hoes to fill like a lot of other teams in class A.

lot of hoes to fill i laughed
Kosar Wrote:If Farley starts, it will make alot of people in this area laugh.

Farley is a better QB than rister farley just doesnt care about football as much.
Greenup county waz tryin to recruit jett to go back to greenup they called him reguarly until he told them to leave him alone i think its funny that u think raceland is cheating and just winning because of transfers last year carver, denton, logan, boyles, selvage, none of them were transfers the only one who had a impact was sabastian johanson and i dont think raceland recrited him all the way from sweden lol.

greenup is just a crappy school that has a bad athletics program there just good at cheerleading and thats not even a real sport so shut up and stop talkin about my school and do your home work greenup is a joke...
ramsare1 Wrote:Farley is a better QB than rister farley just doesnt care about football as much.
Greenup county waz tryin to recruit jett to go back to greenup they called him reguarly until he told them to leave him alone i think its funny that u think raceland is cheating and just winning because of transfers last year carver, denton, logan, boyles, selvage, none of them were transfers the only one who had a impact was sabastian johanson and i dont think raceland recrited him all the way from sweden lol.

greenup is just a crappy school that has a bad athletics program there just good at cheerleading and thats not even a real sport so shut up and stop talkin about my school and do your home work greenup is a joke...

So obviously your grammar skills leave much to be desired, did you learn that as a mighty ram??? All you did in your previous post was show exactly how the majority of "Rams" act. Ridiculous, Thank you for making Raceland look even more obnoxious. Also, I'm not sure you have looked at the latest test scores, but Raceland does NOT have anything to be proud of. For a school with a teacher per student ratio that they have, their test scores should be through the roof.... yet, they are WAY behind Greenup in the elementary school levels and barely ahead in the upper levels. Its quite sad actually that they keep saying that Raceland is so much better, but really they are just a mediocre school who happens to have a good football team. Which just happens to be made up of other area school athletes..... so sad. Keep pretending rams..... Ignorance is bliss, right??
IMO........ :biggrin:
Boy this thread has really gone to the toilet. I get on these sites to read about Raceland and other local schools because it is the only way I can get information about what is happening because I no longer live in the NEKY area. We all know that the DailyIndependent.com does not cover anything unless it has Ashland acoss the chest. All that I have been reading from people from both Raceland and Greenup is a bunch of name calling and accusations. It all looks very childish Greenup AND Raceland both look very obnoxious on this thread it is really disappointing to me that people act like this, the area that I grew up and still have family. It just feeds into the perception that EKY has in the rest of the state. All I want to read about is the prospects of next season and the expectations for each school in the area schedules,etc. because this is my only avenue of obtaining information.
ramsare1 Wrote:Farley is a better QB than rister farley just doesnt care about football as much.

GC is a joke:dontthink . How many state titles do Raceland have? Have they even been to a title game in the three major sports? How can you refer to a school who has as a joke? I can do the homework and list the state titles and the state runner ups if you would like, but I will ask you to do the same for your beloved Rams, that shouldnt take long.
I thought they had enough talent to go to state. Who did they loose to?
cougarpride08 Wrote:I thought they had enough talent to go to state. Who did they loose to?

They lost to LCA in the third round. They had 21-3 lead or something like that and blew it.
Well did the defense give up or did the offense?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Well did the defense give up or did the offense?

I did not attend the game, what I was told was that the offense got too conservative and the defense got fat and happy and decided not to show up for the second half
Ouch! Hope your season is better this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Ouch! Hope your season is better this year.
Thanks. I really don't know what the prospects are for the season because I don't live in the area anymore. I have heard that there is a lot of depth at the skill positions, but most are fairly inexperienced. We will see how it goes.
All roads to state leads to LCA. Hope you can beat them this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Jarons Wrote:I did not attend the game, what I was told was that the offense got too conservative and the defense got fat and happy and decided not to show up for the second half
LCA started passing when down 21-3. Raceland could not stop them in the air. LCA's receivers had their way with Racelands secondary.
How do you think the secondary will do this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

secondary will still be weak.
I wonder how the KHSAA would feel about Rister still living in South Shore??? As of today.... which is AUGUST 11th, 2009, Mason Rister lives in South Shore, KY with his dad. He has not relocated to Raceland and should not be eligible to play football there!! Someone may be in trouble.... I realize that he eventually will have to move... but right now, the whole administration is lying..... and there is definately proof.

Just a little FYI
Kosar Wrote:Its different with Raceland, Them being so close to Wurtland they start trying to get these kids in JFL, Raceland always has Wurtland kids on their Jfl teams. It truley is recruiting.

I have heard it all now. You Greenup people are absoulutely high. There have been many....and I mean many people who have wanted to keep kids outside of Raceland out of the JFL. There are a bunch who do not like the recent influx of transfers that we have now. Maybe Greenup and Russell should take care of the problems at there schools that are causing kids to transfer to Raceland Instead of Blaming Raceland for their woes.
Kosar Wrote:Before you start making academic arguments Wurtland Elem, destroyed Raceland in test scores last year. And yes all kids in GC school districts have a chance to play JFL, and the beat Raceland in almost every grade.

You are obviously on here just to make people mad. You know absolutely nothing about anything but yet you keeping bumping your gums about everything.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I have heard it all now. You Greenup people are absoulutely high. There have been many....and I mean many people who have wanted to keep kids outside of Raceland out of the JFL. There are a bunch who do not like the recent influx of transfers that we have now. Maybe Greenup and Russell should take care of the problems at there schools that are causing kids to transfer to Raceland Instead of Blaming Raceland for their woes.

Don't include us in your crazy rant. You big illegal recruiting meany. If they came to you from Russell they are now your problem. Our JFL is doing just fine.:moon:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:You are obviously on here just to make people mad. You know absolutely nothing about anything but yet you keeping bumping your gums about everything.
Yep, you caught me.:lmao:
This thread really has turned into a coulpe of guys trying to bad mouth one school, and like FBALL said leave us out we got more respect than GC guys coming on here hijacking threads.
devilhorns05 Wrote:This thread really has turned into a coulpe of guys trying to bad mouth one school, and like FBALL said leave us out we got more respect than GC guys coming on here hijacking threads.
:flame: Im hijacking with a flame thrower.
Why is it when I state things on here about Raceland and thier transfers I am the bad guy. Sorry but when you are going to start 6 or 7 transfers, its hard not to talk about.
Come on Kosar, if it weren't for those transfers they wouldn't have a team.

Seriously though, every school gets some kids that transfer in. Russell has several kids that have moved in. Some from the local area and others that have come from other regions. It's just that we don't have to depend on transfers for athletics. It should be about getting a quality education and finding the best environment to suit each students needs. I am sure that Raceland fits into that catagory for some, as does Greenup County and the other local schools. But, If a kid changes schools simply for sports there is something wrong with that IMO.
I love how all of you Raceland fans are ignoring the fact that Mason Rister lives in SOUTH SHORE.... which would make him ineligible, and if I'm not mistaken, if it is turned in.... they would have to take a loss for all of the baseball games that he played in......... What no comment on this?? Lol.... Come on Doc, are you sweating yet???
GC2144 Wrote:I love how all of you Raceland fans are ignoring the fact that Mason Rister lives in SOUTH SHORE.... which would make him ineligible, and if I'm not mistaken, if it is turned in.... they would have to take a loss for all of the baseball games that he played in......... What no comment on this?? Lol.... Come on Doc, are you sweating yet???
Wow the cat is out of the bag....Confusedhh:
FBALL Wrote:Come on Kosar, if it weren't for those transfers they wouldn't have a team.

Seriously though, every school gets some kids that transfer in. Russell has several kids that have moved in. Some from the local area and others that have come from other regions. It's just that we don't have to depend on transfers for athletics. It should be about getting a quality education and finding the best environment to suit each students needs. I am sure that Raceland fits into that catagory for some, as does Greenup County and the other local schools. But, If a kid changes schools simply for sports there is something wrong with that IMO.
The education excuse is not valid anymore. GC crushed Raceland in elementary school test scores. Raceland was barely above GC in HS scores. GC shouldnt even be close to a school with the student/teacher ratio Raceland has. Seriously FBALL, Out of all the transfers on the Ram football team, do you honestly think education was the major factor for any of them?
Kosar,
You need to go back to math class; 6 or 7 transfers to start?????
You have no idea.