•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a 2020 football season?
jetpilot Wrote:Also safe to say some people want things to stay shut down a lot longer than others.

And that is ok too. Both sides have a valid argument. Just because you do not agree with it does not make it an invalid opinion. People like you are so irritating. So arrogant and simple minded.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:And that is ok too. Both sides have a valid argument. Just because you do not agree with it does not make it an invalid opinion. People like you are so irritating. So arrogant and simple minded.

Confusednicker:
Gitback Coach Wrote:I'm still working, if that's what you mean. I appreciate your concern.

My employer is hiring, too, if anyone's interested.

People doing booming business:

Hulu/Netflix/Amazon Prime
Amazon/Best Buy
Walmart/Kroger/Meijer
Walgreens/Dollar General/Dollar Tree
Home Depot/Lowe's
Pizza Delivery
Video game makers
Cell Phone companies
Internet companies
Logitech (makers of web cams, keyboards, mics)
Podcast "green screen" makers
Lysol
Toilet Paper/Tissue
Meat providers

Plus, gas is low (saves money), people aren't eating out sitdown (saves money), people aren't entertaining locally at movie theaters and bowling alleys (saves money), people aren't traveling (saves money) and environment is better (check Italy's rivers, LA smog, China smog).

Not everyone in the economy will always be up.
Some will be down at times.

I'm not sure this is as much as "I'm gonna be homeless by next week" as it is that people don't like the fact the coin didn't flip their way this time.
JuicedMtnGoat Wrote:And that is ok too. Both sides have a valid argument. Just because you do not agree with it does not make it an invalid opinion. People like you are so irritating. So arrogant and simple minded.

He didn't irritate me, but this comment does. He shouldn't have to be controlled and scared, because you want to be.
Patriot1 Wrote:Cancel the season for 2020 and give Pikeville the 1A football state championship, right 2000PHS

I can’t wait to watch this team develop.. I think we are gonna surprise a lot of people...
Hambley Wrote:I can’t wait to watch this team develop.. I think we are gonna surprise a lot of people...

Totally agree Hambley. This team did graduate a lot of talent, but with the talent and experience coming back, plus what may be coming in it's going to be another great year, jmo. May be a little slow starting out but by Nov. it's going to be very interesting.
NateInSports Wrote:People doing booming business:

Amazon/Best Buy
Walmart/Kroger/Meijer
Home Depot/Lowe's
Pizza Delivery
Video game makers
Cell Phone companies
Internet companies
Lysol
Toilet Paper/Tissue
Meat providers

Plus, gas is low (saves money), people aren't eating out sitdown (saves money), people aren't entertaining locally at movie theaters and bowling alleys (saves money), people aren't traveling (saves money) and environment is better (check Italy's rivers, LA smog, China smog).

Not everyone in the economy will always be up.
Some will be down at times.

I'm not sure this is as much as "I'm gonna be homeless by next week" as it is that people don't like the fact the coin didn't flip their way this time.

"Sorry the coin didn't flip your way" isn't a take I ever thought I would hear when 40 million have lost jobs and growing daily, and untold millions of small businesses are failing, but hey Gitback likes it of course, he's still getting paid...

Other bad takes:
"people aren't eating out sitdown (saves money), people aren't entertaining locally at movie theaters and bowling alleys (saves money), people aren't traveling (saves money) "
Like this is good lol,

Wal-Mart is open but all the mom and pops are shut down is another horrible take, and yes I could go on...
Hambley Wrote:I can’t wait to watch this team develop.. I think we are gonna surprise a lot of people...

I agree. Only 2 things that will surprise me are if there is no football and Pikeville doesn't win it all again.
jetpilot Wrote:"Sorry the coin didn't flip your way" isn't a take I ever thought I would hear when 40 million have lost jobs and growing daily, and untold millions of small businesses are failing, but hey Gitback likes it of course, he's still getting paid...

Other bad takes:
"people aren't eating out sitdown (saves money), people aren't entertaining locally at movie theaters and bowling alleys (saves money), people aren't traveling (saves money) "
Like this is good lol,

Wal-Mart is open but all the mom and pops are shut down is another horrible take, and yes I could go on...

You can’t argue with Mr Sports his and Andy’s opinion is the only one that matters.

I do believe they will be good at the first of the year( that’s if they get to begin practicing and get to play) because their lines on both sides of the ball is going to be their strength. Plus Issac is the real deal. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions that a lot of people unless you are a Pikeville fan hasn’t seen like we did at the games when they took the starters out and let them play. Sure with their schedule it’s going to be a tuff road ahead of them but like you I hope we get to watch them form into the team they can become.
NateInSports Wrote:People doing booming business:

Amazon/Best Buy
Walmart/Kroger/Meijer
Home Depot/Lowe's
Pizza Delivery
Video game makers
Cell Phone companies
Internet companies
Lysol
Toilet Paper/Tissue
Meat providers

Yeah, my neighborhood is full of these lucky people. 90% of those people can't hardly make ends meet even when they are working. SMDH...

Back to football after one more post lol...
Andy McCarthy
@AndrewCMcCarthy
· 2h
Go back to school in September? What about NOW? In September, you’re gonna tell us ‘second wave’ ... How will it be different from now? These kids are screwed. What’s the evidence that they’re at risk going to school, or the prom, or playing baseball or running track?
[/B]

Julie Kelly
@julie_kelly2
·
2h
Zero. The impact on our kids will be the most devastating of all—isolated, falling behind, lost opportunities, and the rites of passage squashed forever. We are failing them on every measure. Now their schools are saying next year is in doubt. Tragic.
Patriot1 Wrote:You can’t argue with Mr Sports his and Andy’s opinion is the only one that matters.

Lol isn’t that the truth. You try to disagree with the guy and he’ll begin to belittle you. Seen it happen too many times.. I’m sure he’s going to come for me now 🤐
participated in a zoom meeting yesterday. an abbreviated schedule (district play only) with playoffs were discussed. just passing along info FWIW.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:participated in a zoom meeting yesterday. an abbreviated schedule (district play only) with playoffs were discussed. just passing along info FWIW.

Looking at the 2019 alignment.... looks like we have three districts with six teams.

2A, Dist. 8
3A, Dist. 5
5A, Dist. 1

Would only those eighteen teams get an extra week of games or would the rest of the teams get six games as well. My guess is that the other teams probably to play six regular seasons games.

Several districts have four & five teams... only two districts have three teams.

1A, Dist. 7
6A, Dist 5.

If this is the option that the KHSAA B.O.C. chooses, I'd be alright with it.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:participated in a zoom meeting yesterday. an abbreviated schedule (district play only) with playoffs were discussed. just passing along info FWIW.

Did anyone think to say it's way too early for that, let's wait and see how things go? No sane person I know is thinking about cancelling stuff 4 and 5 months from now...
jetpilot Wrote:Did anyone think to say it's way too early for that, let's wait and see how things go? No sane person I know is thinking about cancelling stuff 4 and 5 months from now...

Just passing along information. A lot of administrators looking for answers, options, etc, etc. Don't shoot the messenger. But there is a lot of trepidation on how to move forward. I'm not debating, agreeing that any of it is right or wrong. Just sharing what is out there right now.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Just passing along information. A lot of administrators looking for answers, options, etc, etc. Don't shoot the messenger. But there is a lot of trepidation on how to move forward. I'm not debating, agreeing that any of it is right or wrong. Just sharing what is out there right now.

I hear you, thanks for passing the info along. Not trying to shoot the messenger or argue with you either. You still didn't answer my question though haha.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Looking at the 2019 alignment.... looks like we have three districts with six teams.

2A, Dist. 8
3A, Dist. 5
5A, Dist. 1

Would only those eighteen teams get an extra week of games or would the rest of the teams get six games as well. My guess is that the other teams probably to play six regular seasons games.

Several districts have four & five teams... only two districts have three teams.

1A, Dist. 7
6A, Dist 5.

If this is the option that the KHSAA B.O.C. chooses, I'd be alright with it.

Certainly think there are challenges to work out IF this is an option. but..... Hey....its still early.....there is a chance we could see football practice in July. But.....we could also see a marked delay in ANY type of sport season beginning in the fall. This talk of no season or an abbreviated season is real. Funding is also an issue. Alot of these districts are looking at a smaller budget than last years. Not sure many can maintain their teams if fans cannot attend.
Patriot1 Wrote:I do believe they will be good at the first of the year( that’s if they get to begin practicing and get to play) because their lines on both sides of the ball is going to be their strength. Plus Issac is the real deal. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions that a lot of people unless you are a Pikeville fan hasn’t seen like we did at the games when they took the starters out and let them play. Sure with their schedule it’s going to be a tuff road ahead of them but like you I hope we get to watch them form into the team they can become.

That's what i'm seeing as well Patriot1. Both sides of the line is where we'll notice a difference. When you consider who's returning and what has already transferred in ( A 6' 3" 290 lb. DT with experience) then that will make an impact. This young man transferred in before covid19 hit and sent students home. Saw video of him in several games last season, and he just keeps going. Great footwork and uses his body well at los. He's a Jr. so he's got two seasons to excel. Couple him with the Salyer twins, then add Jr. Landon Hammock who was a starter last season and played some offense as well. Then returning starters at the Lb. positions, Taylor, Collins, and Caudill. Should be a solid D line for sure. Looking forward to see how the O line adds up this season too. Just hope Andy and the KHSAA lets these young men and women practice and play the game.
Dave and Busters in Orlando is reopening THIS FRIDAY and I will be there with my girls, then hanging out on the beach at Daytona. Carnival just announced cruises in August. Sources say NFL releasing schedule this Thursday. Meanwhile KHSAA wringing their hands trying to figure out how to limit or cancel football season 4/5 months from now. I say ignorant AF. You?
Gus McCrae Wrote:That's what i'm seeing as well Patriot1. Both sides of the line is where we'll notice a difference. When you consider who's returning and what has already transferred in ( A 6' 3" 290 lb. DT with experience) then that will make an impact. This young man transferred in before covid19 hit and sent students home. Saw video of him in several games last season, and he just keeps going. Great footwork and uses his body well at los. He's a Jr. so he's got two seasons to excel. Couple him with the Salyer twins, then add Jr. Landon Hammock who was a starter last season and played some offense as well. Then returning starters at the Lb. positions, Taylor, Collins, and Caudill. Should be a solid D line for sure. Looking forward to see how the O line adds up this season too. Just hope Andy and the KHSAA lets these young men and women practice and play the game.

Agree with all this but K Caudill was a senior I believe?
jetpilot Wrote:Agree with all this but K Caudill was a senior I believe?

True. Kaden Caudill is a Senior and did graduate. His younger brother Barrett Caudill will be a Jr. this season and from what i've seen and have been told he loves to hit just as hard as Kaden did and that's all a win win. Looking for a GREAT season.
Gus McCrae Wrote:True. Kaden Caudill is a Senior and did graduate. His younger brother Barrett Caudill will be a Jr. this season and from what i've seen and have been told he loves to hit just as hard as Kaden did and that's all a win win. Looking for a GREAT season.

Yes sir Gus, several "little brothers" coming up who know how to win and are going to be studs.
jetpilot Wrote:https://twitter.com/forcedexit/status/12...38/photo/1

:biggrin:

Lol ! Good stuff. Thanks buddy.
Gus McCrae Wrote:Lol ! Good stuff. Thanks buddy.

You too Gus!
Gus McCrae Wrote:That's what i'm seeing as well Patriot1. Both sides of the line is where we'll notice a difference. When you consider who's returning and what has already transferred in ( A 6' 3" 290 lb. DT with experience) then that will make an impact. This young man transferred in before covid19 hit and sent students home. Saw video of him in several games last season, and he just keeps going. Great footwork and uses his body well at los. He's a Jr. so he's got two seasons to excel. Couple him with the Salyer twins, then add Jr. Landon Hammock who was a starter last season and played some offense as well. Then returning starters at the Lb. positions, Taylor, Collins, and Caudill. Should be a solid D line for sure. Looking forward to see how the O line adds up this season too. Just hope Andy and the KHSAA lets these young men and women practice and play the game.

Sure hope the KHSAA let's these young men practice and play this season. Really getting excited already with how these Panthers come together and grow this year. Isaac McNamee should have a great O line in front of him this year, and some great receivers coming back to catch those Bullitt passes. Carson Wright will be fun watching him run the ball not only this season, but the next two after this. Practice, play, and come on August !!!
No vaccine no season!!!!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next