Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAL 34 Mayfield 26 (2A State Championship)
In the end. Congratulations on the state runner up, State subsidised $0 tuition Greater Gaves-McCracken football academy-Mayfield campus Cardinals. :lmao:See 2 can play this game.
South Warren Just won the 5a title. The superintendent Rob Clayton is in charge of 28 buildings. You see anyone claiming South Warren has 28 campuses?
Well I don’t know much about CAL but I do remember when Pikeville played them in the middle school championship. The young men who are juniors now played in that game and they where good but not that good never scored but 1 offense touchdown against Pikeville and won the game 14 to 12 on a bad call from the ref on a foward pass that he called a lateral. They sure have improved and I think I still have that list of players CAL had that year. May still have a film on that game.
football fan42 Wrote:That one loss wouldn’t have happened on a neutral field. Barney and Andy were wearing stripes that night and had a whistle in their mouth. There is a reason your home playoff record is what it is.

It is the first of the month, your government check should be in the mailbox. Your welcome.

OK while I think this arguing is pointless... I have to respond to this homer ref thing... CAL's first offensive play from scrimmage at this game (2017 playoff game at Mayfield) was a fumble. It was recovered by Mayfield but the ref's promptly gave the ball back to CAL. 33 scored on the next play.
Do you think Andy and Barn would have done that to their hometown team? We all know the ref's are assigned by KHSAA and are from different areas of the state.

Now - what's important - ALL THESE KIDS from BOTH TEAMS work hard for a looooooong time to get to this level. The game on December 1st was a GREAT game and Mayfield did have chances to hang with CAL and even win. But, not that day.

Everything I've heard about the kids from CAL is positive. I have looked at the game film and have seen multiple occasions where they patted Cards on the helmet or back as well as checking on them to make sure they are OK (Milton Wright). It went both ways as I'm very proud of our Cardinals. They fought hard and put up more points on the Centurians than anyone else did this season. That's saying something!

The coaches from both teams are impressive and ANY school would be proud to have them. The coaching staffs are truly an asset to two obviously great programs.

Both teams played with a ton of heart and I'm thrilled I got to be there to witness the game. WOW! Fireworks everywhere!

Mayfield will be back on another run next season (I predict a win against whoever we play). CAL should be pre-season #1 in 3A.

Congrats CAL!

Yes, I'm PROUD TO BE A MAYFIELD CARDINAL!:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Man this thread has taken a turn into the dumpster since I was last on. To me it does not matter if CAL is public or private. If we win I want it to be against the best 2A sized school in the state period. If private schools were given their own class it would cheapen the title. MF has won a ton of titles, 4th most of anyone in the state and a bunch of those have been against private schools not to mention the privates we have beat along the way in the playoffs. CAL, like Danville last year, was better and we will work hard to get it back next year and try and win it again. More often than not we win the title but this year CAL was just better, no shame in that, we had a chance to win it right up to the very end and came up short
Iam4thecats Wrote:In the end. Congratulations on the state runner up, State subsidised $0 tuition Greater Gaves-McCracken football academy-Mayfield campus Cardinals. :lmao:See 2 can play this game.

Confusednicker:
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Man this thread has taken a turn into the dumpster since I was last on. To me it does not matter if CAL is public or private. If we win I want it to be against the best 2A sized school in the state period. If private schools were given their own class it would cheapen the title. MF has won a ton of titles, 4th most of anyone in the state and a bunch of those have been against private schools not to mention the privates we have beat along the way in the playoffs. CAL, like Danville last year, was better and we will work hard to get it back next year and try and win it again. More often than not we win the title but this year CAL was just better, no shame in that, we had a chance to win it right up to the very end and came up short

Well said. You had an excellent football team with a lot to be proud of.