•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 20. Corbin 19
Hammer that nail on all points my friend! Exactly what I watched as well.
Did anyone have a better angle of the 2 point conversion that Central converted that looked short? It looked a yard short from my vantage point. But I'll admit it could have been the glasses.

Still proud of my Hounds.
Bottom line. If they make that 2 point conversion not a word would be said and he’s a hero.
Personally I fully believe that Haddix made the right call because it's HIS team and HE knows what is best for them at that time. It's tough to second guess a coach that has spent the entire season coaching them and understands their strengths and weaknesses.

I question coaches gameplans at times but on in-game decisions that are made in the heat of battle you gotta trust their instincts and decision making don't you? I do.
bucslover68 Wrote:Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!!! said it all night. Unless you have no kicker two chip shot FG makes a big difference!!!
they may have not tried to kick because of what happened at the end of the game, the ball looked like it didn't go 10 yards on a 44 yd attempt.
I just don't understand where the halfback middle screen or some slant were when central bringing one or both linebackers every down. The halfback screen is deadly in highschool football but from what I can tell it's not even in the playbook.
Congrats to central. Their defense has been their go to all year and it showed up tonight. I think ours did too. But we had a lot of missed opportunities on offense. Those plays happen. I’m disappointed, more for those kids who worked hard all year. I’m not gonna blame the coaches, I’m not gonna blame anybody. It was ours to lose and we did. You can’t give up two TDs on offense to a team like central. But it happens. It’s life. It’s how you respond to failure that makes you. The coaching staff can be blamed by some of you, but how quickly they forget this same staff just outcoached a more talented Boyle team. One who has a hall of game coach and an ex college coach. People say it all the time, but I honestly feel that the best team lost. But no one cares about that. It’s just the hardware. But these kids still accomplished more than most thought they would, and I’m proud of them. Coaches are like kids in a way, they learn as the game goes along too. I think this will be invaluable to our staff. I think we’ll be down a tad next year but after that we have 3 solid groups coming up and this experience can be put to use. These kids will have their heads down, but they shouldn’t. 99.9% of the other teams in the state would kill to be where they were. It’s been a fun ride and I’m gonna miss watching Estep, goose, and all of this defense grind it out on fridays. But the highs are ever as high as they seem and the lows never as low. The future is bright for this red bunch in the next few years.
The Spread Wrote:Did anyone have a better angle of the 2 point conversion that Central converted that looked short? It looked a yard short from my vantage point. But I'll admit it could have been the glasses.

Still proud of my Hounds.

I thought he was down before, but it doesn’t matter. The damage is done. I’m not even that mad at that call. I’m mad at the goal line drive before half when they tackled our freaking WR. But refs aren’t machines either. They make mistakes. That’s part of the game. I’m sure they had the best of intentions for everyone.
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats to central. Their defense has been their go to all year and it showed up tonight. I think ours did too. But we had a lot of missed opportunities on offense. Those plays happen. I’m disappointed, more for those kids who worked hard all year. I’m not gonna blame the coaches, I’m not gonna blame anybody. It was ours to lose and we did. You can’t give up two TDs on offense to a team like central. But it happens. It’s life. It’s how you respond to failure that makes you. The coaching staff can be blamed by some of you, but how quickly they forget this same staff just outcoached a more talented Boyle team. One who has a hall of game coach and an ex college coach. People say it all the time, but I honestly feel that the best team lost. But no one cares about that. It’s just the hardware. But these kids still accomplished more than most thought they would, and I’m proud of them. Coaches are like kids in a way, they learn as the game goes along too. I think this will be invaluable to our staff. I think we’ll be down a tad next year but after that we have 3 solid groups coming up and this experience can be put to use. These kids will have their heads down, but they shouldn’t. 99.9% of the other teams in the state would kill to be where they were. It’s been a fun ride and I’m gonna miss watching Estep, goose, and all of this defense grind it out on fridays. But the highs are ever as high as they seem and the lows never as low. The future is bright for this red bunch in the next few years.

Well said my friend
Congratulations Central on win :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: I was looking forward to Mr. longmire getting the ball second half, Oh well, congratulations Corbin on great season, and dang it I woul have went for two also coach :popcorn:
We can second guess all we want, kind of easy after the fact and from the stands, but the way I see it, we had our chances to win the game and just came up a couple of plays short. Congratulations on a great season!
Hound05 Wrote:Congrats to central. Their defense has been their go to all year and it showed up tonight. I think ours did too. But we had a lot of missed opportunities on offense. Those plays happen. I’m disappointed, more for those kids who worked hard all year. I’m not gonna blame the coaches, I’m not gonna blame anybody. It was ours to lose and we did. You can’t give up two TDs on offense to a team like central. But it happens. It’s life. It’s how you respond to failure that makes you. The coaching staff can be blamed by some of you, but how quickly they forget this same staff just outcoached a more talented Boyle team. One who has a hall of game coach and an ex college coach. People say it all the time, but I honestly feel that the best team lost. But no one cares about that. It’s just the hardware. But these kids still accomplished more than most thought they would, and I’m proud of them. Coaches are like kids in a way, they learn as the game goes along too. I think this will be invaluable to our staff. I think we’ll be down a tad next year but after that we have 3 solid groups coming up and this experience can be put to use. These kids will have their heads down, but they shouldn’t. 99.9% of the other teams in the state would kill to be where they were. It’s been a fun ride and I’m gonna miss watching Estep, goose, and all of this defense grind it out on fridays. But the highs are ever as high as they seem and the lows never as low. The future is bright for this red bunch in the next few years.

Well said Hound05 and believe me I know how you feel. Our two teams lost by a total of 2 points. Both of our two teams had a great year and we know they wish it would have turned out different but it didn’t. Like I told some of the Pikeville players after the game how many high school football players ever get the chance to play in a championship game. I say the number is not so high of percentage. For the point of the two point try I myself would have done the same thing. One way your hero if it works the other your a butt if it don’t. Good luck to the Hounds in the future hope to see both teams back in the championship soon.
In Haddix defense, you missed first pat. Then on the field goals, you lost your place holder to a torn mcl. Going for two might have been the best call. Hell no one has even mentioned what lex replay showed on the two point conversion Lc converted. The ball or player never crossed the goal line. It’s easy to be a Monday morning qb. I will eat my crow in a heart breaking loss, but what’s meant to be will be. I will always ask what happened, and what if but it isn’t going to change the outcome. Heart breaking loss and this group of seniors will always be near and dear to my heart especially mine. I have three more years with youngest, and I hope he can get back there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant advance a kick

You can’t advance a PAT. Blocked or short FGs are considered scrimmage kicks and are subjected to being live balls. The Central player recovered the all and advanced it until it appeared forward progress was stopped
smoke1015 Wrote:100% it was one of the most unsportsmanlike things I've saw in high school football. Video should be everywhere.

Really, 10 from lc was running on our sidelines and taunting the fans and players. A Kid took offense to it and stopped it. Was running his mouth and blowing kisses at him to be exact.
I wouldn’t trade our coach for anyone!
I agree with going for 2 giving the hand that was dealt. Our backup holder was slow getting the snap down while practicing on the side line. I believe that was the problem on the FG at the end.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:In Haddix defense, you missed first pat. Then on the field goals, you lost your place holder to a torn mcl. Going for two might have been the best call. Hell no one has even mentioned what lex replay showed on the two point conversion Lc converted. The ball or player never crossed the goal line. It’s easy to be a Monday morning qb. I will eat my crow in a heart breaking loss, but what’s meant to be will be. I will always ask what happened, and what if but it isn’t going to change the outcome. Heart breaking loss and this group of seniors will always be near and dear to my heart especially mine. I have three more years with youngest, and I hope he can get back there.

Well said BD4115, kudos to your kid and his 2019 class. Played with a lot of heart and I got nothing but respect for them.
Decision making decided this one. Redhounds should have won by a couple scores...
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Really, 10 from lc was running on our sidelines and taunting the fans and players. A Kid took offense to it and stopped it. Was running his mouth and blowing kisses at him to be exact.

It was very disappointing to see this happen from both teams after a good game. I believe players should win or lose with respect and dignity and one player threw his away and then another and then several more followed. This is just my opinion, but I feel the two players it started with, should be disciplined by their schools. If you tolerate it once, then it will happen again.
WKYT has a video of the fight up now, doesn't look good. I suspect there will be a lot said about the unfortunate events that happened at the end of the game in the coming days.
PHSFAN Wrote:WKYT has a video of the fight up now, doesn't look good. I suspect there will be a lot said about the unfortunate events that happened at the end of the game in the coming days.
I see a picture of the fight, but no video. Never mind, I seen on the highlight video.
Everyone should ask what got the fight started instead of assuming anything. It’s unfortunate that this took place but you should win with dignity and you should also accept defeat the same. #10s actions before the video starts are uncalled for as are #55s in retaliation. Watch the video in slomo several times before you decide or post anything.
campbellfield Wrote:Everyone should ask what got the fight started instead of assuming anything. It’s unfortunate that this took place but you should win with dignity and you should also accept defeat the same. #10s actions before the video starts are uncalled for as are #55s in retaliation. Watch the video in slomo several times before you decide or post anything.

Exactly the video shows the fight a third of the way through it, not the whole thing.
From wkyt:
A player from Central began taunting the Redhounds' fans when he was punched by a Corbin player.
For the next minute, players on both teams threw punches, players on the ground were kicked, and it was an all out melee.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:From wkyt:
A player from Central began taunting the Redhounds' fans when he was punched by a Corbin player.
For the next minute, players on both teams threw punches, players on the ground were kicked, and it was an all out melee.

When or then.
2face Wrote:36.

Still mad you got cut from the team.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:When or then.
I just Copied and pasted off of wkyt's site.
The best team won tonight. Heartbreaker for Corbin but they have a nice talent pool. Belfry lost one similar years ago 15-14.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I just Copied and pasted off of wkyt's site.

It should read then. Don’t condone retaliation, but in the heat of the moment I would have done the same thing. If you watch the video and turn the volume up he said I am done (central player). The Corbin player got hit in face by two other central player then a crew from lc threw one Corbin kid to turf and began to hit and kick him. All involved were in the wrong, but in heat of moment we should learn to understand this stuff happens
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next