Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tentative high school football classifications revealed
Is there somewhere to view the petitions to play up/down and any other petitions pertaining to re-alignment?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:There were serious discussions back and forth. If they decided to stay in 3A they will be the team to beat while Coach Smith is there. It will be Boyle Co vs Belfry every year unless cross barcketing puts them on the same side. I don't see any team challenging Belfry in the new eastern alignment unless something changes on their side.

Although Coach Smith is a HOF coach and has done very well at BCHS, with the amount of talent that is coming thru the system the Rebels are going to be around for a LONG TIME regardless of who is coaching them. To think otherwise is simply wishful thinking.
I searched KHSAA website thoroughly and struck out. Since the KHSAA is a private organization, they do not adhere to open records law.
being told that Rockcastle County will be moving down to 3A and will take Corbin's place in the district with Casey, Bell, Jackson, and McCreary. Can anyone confirm?
been told that Rockcastle Co will drop to 3A and replace Corbin in the district with Bell, Casey, Jackson, and McCreary. Anyone else heard this?
I am confident there is some backroom wheeling and dealing taking place at the KHSAA. That's the easiest explanation for keeping this information out of the sight of the public.
I'm hearing some contradicting stuff. I'll be glad when the official news comes out already. 😡🏈
FoSho Wrote:I'm hearing some contradicting stuff. I'll be glad when the official news comes out already. 😡🏈

Heard tonight that Highlands is 5A, Boyle and Johnson Central 4A, Anderson 3A. Rock wants to go 3A. Don’t shoot the messenger...just heard this tonight.
Anderson has the highest enrollment of all potential 4A Schools. Don’t see how they could possibly be 3A.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Anderson has the highest enrollment of all potential 4A Schools. Don’t see how they could possibly be 3A.

You’re correct ...typo...4A for Anderson
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Heard tonight that Highlands is 5A, Boyle and Johnson Central 4A, Anderson 3A. Rock wants to go 3A. Don’t shoot the messenger...just heard this tonight.

Me too.

Looking like a possible 4A district of:

Boyle Co
Anderson Co
East Jessamine
LexCath
FoSho Wrote:Me too.

Boyle Co
Anderson Co
East Jessamine
LexCath

I've heard that East has petitioned to jump to 5A. Don't know how true that is but I could see it. It will be interesting to see the first draft.
FoSho Wrote:Me too.

Boyle Co
Anderson Co
East Jessamine
LexCath

I’m hearing contradictory rumors on Boyle was told at first they would stay in 3A now I’m hearing 4A talk, I’m at B-Ball tournament at Taylor county this morning just asked one of Boyle’s basketball coaches about it and he said that he hasn’t heard anything must be top secret.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Heard tonight that Highlands is 5A, Boyle and Johnson Central 4A, Anderson 3A. Rock wants to go 3A. Don’t shoot the messenger...just heard this tonight.

Do you think they allow Johnson Central to play down?
AnswertheBell Wrote:Do you think they allow Johnson Central to play down?

I don't have any idea why the KHSAA would ever let anyone play "down"?!??
AnswertheBell Wrote:Do you think they allow Johnson Central to play down?

FoSho Wrote:I don't have any idea why the KHSAA would ever let anyone play "down"?!??

Looks like to me 3 schools would have to choose to play up to 5A before JC would get a chance to go back down to 4A.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Looks like to me 3 schools would have to choose to play up to 5A before JC would get a chance to go back down to 4A.

From what I’ve heard....that has occurred.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:From what I’ve heard....that has occurred.

This is why I would think Harlan County and PCC would want to play up in 5A. North Laurel, Whitley County or Johnson Central , Corbin?
thsrocks Wrote:I searched KHSAA website thoroughly and struck out. Since the KHSAA is a private organization, they do not adhere to open records law.

thsrocks Wrote:I am confident there is some backroom wheeling and dealing taking place at the KHSAA. That's the easiest explanation for keeping this information out of the sight of the public.

I would think it would be made public following the Board of Control meeting. All of their meetings and agendas are posted on their website. This is a currently a Board of Control item not a KHSAA item.
As ive said before. PLAY IN THE CLASS YOURE SUPPOSED TO PLAY IN.
No moving. For any reason.
It's out:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...358898002/

4A D5:

Anderson Co
Bourbon Co
Boyle Co
LexCath
FoSho Wrote:It's out:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sp...358898002/

4A D5:

Anderson Co
Bourbon Co
Boyle Co
LexCath

And finally we know, the suspense was killing me and district travel won’t be bad either.
Maybe Trinity can negotiate a couple more games with Cincy schools. I did not dream Oldham County would rather travel to Richmond and Lexington over Middletown (Eastern), St. Matthews (Trinity) and Louisville (Ballard).
Beechwood on one end and Mayfield on the other end of 2A. There will be some traveling involved once reseeding of the final four takes place. Newport Central Catholic looks to have a smooth ride until the next set of class modifications.
Short of playing down to Class A, I don't think Middlesboro could have asked for a more favorable realignment--from a district of Danville, LCA and Somerset to one with Breathitt, Knott and Leslie.

Sittin' here sulking in the bottomest bottom of the crater, at least an ever-so slight gleam of sunlight has finally peeked through those coal-black clouds.
Good luck to Bourbon in that deal. Far cry from the district they are currently in.
Garrard and Mercer have to drive by all of district 3 to play CAL and Desales.
CLASS 3A (40 SCHOOLS)

* District One – Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County, Webster County (up from 2A).

* District Two – Adair County, Casey County, Glasgow (up from 2A), Hart County, Taylor County (down from 4A).

* District Three – Bardstown, Elizabethtown, LaRue County, Nelson County (down from 5A), Thomas Nelson.

* District Four – Christian Academy (up from 2A), DeSales (up from 2A), Garrard County, Henry County, Mercer County (down from 4A), Western Hills.

* District Five – Bell County, Estill County, Jackson County, McCreary Central, Powell County, Rockcastle County (down from 4A).

* District Six – Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County (down from 4A), Pendleton County, West Carter.

* District Seven – Ashland Blazer (down from 4A), East Carter (down from 4A), Greenup County (down from 4A), Russell.

* District Eight – Belfry, Floyd Central, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Pike County Central.

Looks like Russell's District is all within a 25 mile radius.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:CLASS 3A (40 SCHOOLS)

* District One – Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Union County, Webster County (up from 2A).

* District Two – Adair County, Casey County, Glasgow (up from 2A), Hart County, Taylor County (down from 4A).

* District Three – Bardstown, Elizabethtown, LaRue County, Nelson County (down from 5A), Thomas Nelson.

* District Four – Christian Academy (up from 2A), DeSales (up from 2A), Garrard County, Henry County, Mercer County (down from 4A), Western Hills.

* District Five – Bell County, Estill County, Jackson County, McCreary Central, Powell County, Rockcastle County (down from 4A).

* District Six – Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County (down from 4A), Pendleton County, West Carter.

* District Seven – Ashland Blazer (down from 4A), East Carter (down from 4A), Greenup County (down from 4A), Russell.

* District Eight – Belfry, Floyd Central, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Pike County Central.

Looks like Russell's District is all within a 25 mile radius.

District 7 looks to be very competitive. A lot of heated rivals in that group